funny feeling - Roeflame

Jan 19, 2024
❝ it's gonna hurt for a bit of time ❞

Recently Lightflower had been a bit air-headed. Walking into things, getting distracted, zoning out. The time she'd been spending with Lovelight was on her mind most of the time. It made her smile to think about it, how they'd play fight and talk and stuff. And it was nice to have someone who shared her beliefs, especially considering the current climate. The grey tabby padded along in her own world, dropping her vole on the fresh-kill pile. (Or rather, next to it, but close enough.) She practically had to shake her head to rid her mind of deep blue eyes. It was foreign to her. She hadn't experienced being so consumed with another cat before.

Thoughts swirling, she found her gaze resting on her former mentor. She was lounging outside the nursery, watching her kits. Maybe she'll have some advice or something... she thought. She shuffled her way over, already feeling a little embarrassed about the subject. This had to be silly. "Can I ask you something?" she asked quietly, settling beside Roeflame. She tucked her paws under her chest for comfort. If she is prompted to continue, she turns away for a brief moment. With hot ears, she asks, "How'd you know Burnstorm was, y'know..."

// @ROEFLAME .
✿✿✿

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
It may be biased, but Roeflame liked to think she and her mate shared quite the love story. When in need of a pick-me-up, it was often a time she could look back to and find cheer, if not a little humor. Flycatcher had liked to joke about how his matchmaking skills must be impeccable, but Roeflame was sure she would have found her way to Burnstorm whether or not they had shared a mentor- though it probably had helped. The brassed queen hadn’t been a believer in the preposterous, the concept of fate and soul mates were something a younger version of her would have scoffed at, until she met Burnstorm.
When Lightflower comes shuffling over, Roeflame regards her former apprentice with a small but curious smile, the younger warrior had that sheepish look on her face she always wore whenever something was nagging at her.
Can I ask you something?
“Of course.”
With a small tilt of her head, Lightflowers question make Roeflame’s features crease with pleasant surprise, if not amusement. “The one? The lead warrior finishes Lightflowers fading question, one brow bone quirking. With any type of confirmation, Roeflame would dive into her memories with a contemplative sigh, forepaws stretching out in front of her. “Well, uh. I started feeling a little sick whenever I was around him.” Roeflame finally answers with a fond grin. “Like there were butterflies in my belly, but I always wanted to be around him. I looked forward to every moment I’d get with him. At least, that’s how I knew I was falling. ” There’s a small pause, giving celadon hues a heartbeat to study Lightflower. “I knew he was the one when… well, he became my safe place. Whenever I needed him, he found a way to be there for me, even if it meant just being a shoulder to cry on. Eventually, it didn’t matter where we were, what was happening around us… as long as he’s next to me, it feels like nothing can get to us, we’re each others best friends.” Roeflame blinks herself away from her thoughts, moving forward to give Lightflowers shoulder a light poke with her forepaw, grin still beaming, “can I ask who has you wonderin’?”

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

❝ it's gonna hurt for a bit of time ❞

Roeflame's story-telling always had been able to captivate her, whether it was when she was first her apprentice and learning about the clan, or hearing about when Roeflame was young. It was comforting. This was not unlike those times. She relaxed as her former mentor spoke, a small smile caressing her face.

"well, when he became my safe place."

Hmm. That was one she'd have to think long and hard about. Lightflower flushed a bright red once again when confronted about the reasoning behind her question. "Uh, haha," she mumbled, drawing a spiraled doodle with a claw. She couldn't help but smile further thinking of it. "well, um, I dunno, I've been spending a bunch of time with Lovelight..." she admitted after a tense moment. "I just didn't know I even could like girls, y'know? I'm not really sure..."
✿✿✿

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
While they may be blessed with enough fur to cover flush-burnt flesh, Roeflame can see the fluster in the young warriors eyes, head tilting as she gives Lightflower a moment to decide if she wanted to answer or not. Lovelight. Roeflame’s brows give a slight raise, but her head moves in curt nodding. “Lovelight is a fine warrior.” Roeflame offers, hoping to deter any further bashfulness on her former apprentices end, she had been told one too many times how her expressions could be misconstrued. Yet, what Lightflower says next makes Roeflame snort, the roll of her eyes is lighthearted. “Of course you can! Who wouldn’t? Women are great.” Roeflame hums, words laced with laughter in every breath of her joke. “On a real note though..” The queen trails, pupils flicking to and fro as she grappled for any kind of advice she could spare. “When it comes to ”the one”, there’s no certain criteria a cat needs to qualify for, it’s all about how they make you feel, and if they feel the same way. Thats all there is to it, really. ” Roeflame wishes she had known that fact sooner. “If Lovelight makes you feel happy, safe, and maybe even a little queasy…” the Lead Warrior spares a light grin, “all that’s left to do is find out if she see’s you in the same way.”.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: Lightflower