God if i have to die | Return from Moonstone | you will have to die

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Unusually quiet she is as discussion erupts around her. One should not dismiss her silence as being unimpressed, she was deeply pleased with how swift her clan-mates were to come together and form a plan… and in her opinion? It’s a damn good one. This could work.

The blue smoke eventually feel eyes tugging on her fur, waiting for her to speak. After some thought she breaks her silence with a nod, ”As many of you point out, we are sick, hungry, and growing weaker. It pains me to confess this truth.” She speaks honestly and with a grimace, ”We have trusted in Dandelionwish to work with what he has gotten for as long as we can, despite his efforts our clan grows worse by the day. It’s already taken Wisteriapaw, by the time leaf-bare ends it’ll take us all. We need this catmint.” There was no denying it- no other work around to their illness. Their options were exhausted, and now here they stand.

If SkyClan blood had to be spilled to save her clan, so be it. ”My clan, I hear your wisdom and your suggestion for a plan of action. WindClan will set out tomorrow at sun-set, a large patrol will demand SkyClan the catmint that’ll save our clan- and while they inevitably refuse the swiftest and stealthiest cats of the clan will be wandering off into their territory to steal the herbs.” The time was picked to take advantage of the added cover the dim light will give them and for the tunnelers that would inevitably have to join their moor running companions on this patrol. The sting of sun-high was difficult on their gazes, but the time of day should make it easier on them while not disadvantaging the rest of the clan. ”If this plan fails or anyone is caught, we fight and we fight with the intent to kill. This catmint is our survival, we either risk casualties in an effort to survive or we continue to sit around and wither away- just as we had allowed Wisteriapaw to!” The leader speaks passionately with a yowl, and while her words would undoubtedly spark direness she wanted them to use that in battle. Their deaths were inevitable if they did not succeed, and that was the truth.

Sootstar is reminded of her swollen stomach, her children, her mate, her family, she would not lose them to this and she would not lose her clan. ”I’m with kits, I cannot go. In my place I want Badgermoon to lead WindClan to victory.” The blue smoke had fought in the great battle pregnant, but she would not put another batch of kits in danger like that again. ”Badgermoon you will select capable warriors to do the sneaking and stealing, keep this group small, elect one among them to lead. This group will take Coyotepaw, he will show the patrol the way.” And if not- and if he compromised their plan or led them astray… her warriors had permission to take care of him.

It was life or death for WindClan, and Sootstar was prepared to make any sacrifices it took, no matter how right nor wrong.

// @Coyotepaw and @Badgermoon since soot is essentially letting him icly take over from here :)

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Sootpaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Tags and Information

They were not wrong, of course. Just as Tigerfrost had spoken of the risks, so too do others among the group. They were cold, hungry, and sick, but to WindClan, doing nothing at all was simply not an option. The plan that comes to light is a good one, cunning and well-thought. It just might work. It had to work. The stars would shine upon WindClan in the night, and their brutal retribution against SkyClan would be swift and merciless, as wintry as the blizzard winds.

"They will not know what hit them." The tabby speaks with pride and encouragement, as his fiery eyes shift toward Badgermoon expectantly. Sootstar was right, an expectant mother should not be leading such a violent charge. The deputy seemed level-headed and smart. He would lead them well, Tigerfrost thinks.

↞ RACE THE WINDS
War. Galeforce swallowed back the lump forming in his throat as he listened to the conversation firing to and fro. He didn't want to fight... but he didn't want his clanmates to suffer and die from a sickness that they were struggling to cure either. To raid a clan, it felt surreal. The tom made slow progress through the throng of bodies until he could settle in close to Sunsetbreeze, opting to hide in his shadow in order to avoid attention for the most part. In the end he remained completely silent as he knew that his truest opinion would go against the tide of the current outlook. He honestly wished that they could speak with SkyClan again to make a final request for help, just anything to avoid violence.

ych33.png
Sootstar was with kits– though not an announcement without physical changes to precede it, to hear their leader say the words startles Sunstride from his mind. The plans of battle fade wholly, and he stares at her with caution in quiet blue. Though Badgermoon is a trusted warrior, and the one she had chosen as her right hand, he finds himself...wary of this decision. Would it serve them well to have him so quickly tested? Would they find themselves thriving beneath his care? Or would this whole patrol break to chaos beneath a shattering hold? But he will trust, if not with his heart than with his mind. Slowly, his mind begins to turn once more to battle.

He moves to Badgermoon, his voice quiet and low so that it might come only between them, or them and any others that dared lean too closely. "I have led a great many raids in my life– as a rogue, it was something we did for survival. Now is not so different. Should you ask it, I would lead. And if things should go badly, it will mean an attack from two fronts. You will want those who can fight alongside the thieves."
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, uses he - him. thirty-four moons old. warrior of windclan and former rogue.
    —— cautious of clan life, but an apt learner. encourages close bonds between clanmates.
    —— loyalty uncertain, cares for those surrounding him. undoubtedly closest to wolfsong.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red at its base and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

I won't apologize for being who I am
Tired paws carry the boy warily back into camp as his cream pelt pushes past frosted heather. He'd left to clear his mind and potentially catch something along the way. Yet with all the heavy snowfall he'd come up empty handed and decided to turn back. His previously flattened ears flick forward at the sight of gathered cats and shouting voices. Brows pinch together as he attempts to piece the situation together. After coming in towards the tail end of the conversation he manages to get the gist of what is going on and the realization chills him to the core. They expected him to lead them straight into the heart of skyclan? To bring them into the very camp he grew up in, to wreak havoc and turn the peaceful group upside down on its head?

Mint hued eyes shift, falling upon Sootstar and based on her demeanor the molly didn't look as if she would take no as an answer. Was she trying to make him severe what ties he had left? To stab them in the back? The weight of multiple eyes fall upon him just as his ears flit back and his throat tightens. "Why do I have to go?" The boy utters, finally managing to speak amidst the emotional turmoil raging within. "You all would've found what you're looking for if I wasn't here anyway." It was a stupid idea for him to think he could possibly talk his way out of this, yet here he was.
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you

Chaos unraveled around her, shouts of war and thievery pierced the sky like a steel blade cutting through soft flesh. Sedgerunner had been shielding herself from glacial temperatures when Dandelionwish had returned, anger and bewilderment drawn upon his face. He was yelling—to no one in particular but just yelling about catmint. He drew the attention of the clan, murmurs and questions till it all became clear. SkyClan's medicine cat had refused catmint to help aid WindClan's sick.
The Oriental gasped, wide virdian eyes staring at the medicine cat in dismay. How could they do such a thing? Was SkyClan so fox-hearted and selfish that they'd leave WindClan to perish? Anger bubbled within the ruddy molly as she leaped onto dainty paws, her long tail lashing profusely from side to side. "How could they do such a thing?!" She blurted, but her soft voice was merely drowned out by the other's rage. Sootstar had declared war among SkyClan, agreeing to take the catmint by force in order to help her clan thrive in this unbearable Leaf-Bear.
Sedgerunner nodded in agreement, silently listening to her clanmates with an intense gaze. Pride swelled within her chest, the thought of fighting for the aid of her clan mates sending adrenaline that coursed though her muscles. Something had to be done. Those plump kitty-pets needed to be taught a lesson. But what if we fail? What if SkyClan turns us into crow-food? We're exhausted and weak from this Leaf-Bare. What if we can't get it? Intrusive thoughts flooded Sedgerunner's mind, going a hundred miles per hour and buzzing around her like an annoying fly. She shook her head, squeezing her eyes shut to rid herself of those thoughts. But, they still clung to her like the frost in her fur. It's not like you would be much help anways. You're a half-assed fighter and barely a credible hunter, anyways.
Sedgerunner dropped her head, hiding her lean frame in the midst of her clan mates. It was true. She wasn't a good fighter. She wasn't strong enough to take down bigger cats like in SkyClan. She had had hard enough trouble taking down her mentor when she was younger. He'd always put her down for it, too, telling her how weak and vulnerable she would always be. How easy it'd be for the rouges to pick her off like day old crow-food. Just as quick as her pride has a moment to shine, anxiety held an iron grip on her and pulled her back into her dark place. The warrior sighed, quieting herself down and listening to her clan form a plan she'd be sure they wouldn't want her to be apart of.

More voices rose and fell as his and his Clanmates' ideas were debated, and his yellow eyes tracked each speaker. Some advocated for violence, others against; yet others thought a more moderate but still forceful approach would be suitable. In time, the conversation lapsed into silence, and Sootstar's voice rose, high and strong and clear into the leaf-bare sky. Badgermoon felt his heart calm a little at her words, at her strength, at her decisiveness: she had listened to their ideas and had come to a conclusion that seemed wise to him. It was like magic, he thought, and he felt a sudden twist in his gut at the thought that someday, perhaps, it would be his job to make such choices. It would be his job to decide, delegate, and direct WindClan's warriors ... To some extent, it already is your job. said a quiet voice in the back of his head. So do it well.

Badgermoon's gaze settled on Sootstar as she laid out her directives and gave him the job of leading the main raiding party. He nodded, a single firm motion - it was something of a trial by fire, he supposed, but in her state she certainly couldn't go into battle. Besides - if he wasn't willing to be on the front lines, what good was he? If he couldn't lead his warriors successfully in times of hardship, how could he hope to earn their respect? If he couldn't do this, how could he in good conscience be WindClan's deputy, or even a half-decent warrior of the moor? StarClan was with him, he was certain of it - and, moreover, SkyClan deserved to be punished for their cruelty. He felt the hollow roar of desire rising in his chest, that familiar feeling: that hunger.

"I have my own thoughts on which cats I want with me and who I wish to send to acquire the catmint, but if any of you wish to make your case for how you would prefer to serve, speak now, and I will take it into consideration." the broad-shouldered tom called out; his voice was steady, though it lacked the sheer power of Sootstar's yowling words. His claws flexed against the frozen earth again, as he nodded in acknowledgement of what Sunstride had said. It made sense to send a lead warrior to...well, lead a mission, and he had faith in the mottled tom's ability. Badgermoon's eyes moved to Coyotepaw and a deep frown creased his face. "You have to go because your leader has ordered you to do so." said the bicolor tom in a stern voice. "And because your Clanmates' lives may depend on your involvement. Is that understood?"

[ the raid/patrol threads will go up tomorrow and I will tag the participating characters' accounts! please post here with them and/or in the Discord if you're interested in having your character be part of either the main patrol or the stealth party. <3 ]

TAGS — Firepaw doesn't take long to appear; doesn't take long to insult him. In front of Badgermoon, and Sunstride, and Sootstar, all cats he is actively working hard to try and impress. It twists the impassive set of his lips into a curled frown, one that his teeth poke out of. "Watch it," he growls at his sister in a low tone, perhaps the most emotion he's felt in recent memory. If Firepaw wanted to make a fool of herself in front of the other warriors, that was one thing- but she didn't need to drag him down, too. Not when Ravencry was only relying on one of them to make her proud. "I think they'd prefer someone who can cooperate with their clanmates over you, anyway," he finishes, clipped.

Smokepaw's ears twitch as more warriors' voices join the chorus of ideas. It's hard to keep them all straight, and though some continue to be conflicted on what should be done, soon a plan emerges. His eyes find his mentor, unusually quiet amidst the din. But he knows Sootstar is considering each word, and when she speaks up again, he feels a sense of pride to be her apprentice. Not that he didn't usually. It was a high honor regardless of what she was doing.

His stomach twists at the mention of Wisteriapaw. He'd not known the apprentice well, but hearing of their death had been chilling nonetheless. Any cat claimed by the illness as a tragic loss; a weakening of WindClan. And though his nerves spark at the mention of battle, it's just a last resort. SkyClan would certainly feel the pressure of a large patrol asking them for catmint, wouldn't they? Things wouldn't have to come to that. He wouldn't have to face the music. She outlines the plan, though, and Smokepaw supposes he'll have to hold himself to that- to make her proud. To make Ravencry proud. To make... anyone proud, really. He casts Firepaw another sidelong glare, something smug. I thought right, it seems to say, I thought better than you.

The raid sounds almost terrifying, but it's something he has to do. He knows he'll have to go no matter how much it makes him anxious, no matter the doubt he has in his skills aboveground. I have to go for Ravencry. I have to go for me. I have to go to teach those kittypet-coddlers a lesson. "For WindClan," the apprentice murmurs, almost like a prayer.​

It was to his delight, though he did not express as much, that the clan was adamant on retrieving these herbs at any cost. A breath of fresh air given their previous issues with cats rebelling an publically decreeing their anger towards Sootstar and her ways; crying injustice when they had the choice to simply leave. Juniperfrost quietly listened in as the plan to raid was broken into pieces and reformed into something with more structure; while he was more a cat for action and directness it did make sense to attempt to be subtle about their theft at first to get the advantage and THEN when they had the herbs they would handle the SkyClanners who might otherwise be a problem. He has a brief moment of blinking in confusion as Sootstar gives the orders and then excuses herself from the action, with kits, and he glances around briefly for Weaselclaw in the crowd to offer a nod; a good legacy to star WindClan's path to perfection. Not to be critical, but the woman's previous kits were nothing of particular interest. Windpaw was gradually getting there in training but it was much more of a pain to him than Sunsetbreeze had been and he had been kittypet born of all things.

He hears Coyotepaw's protest and turns sharply in the boy's direction with a narrow of his eyes so small they are merely blue slits of ice cross across his features. Badgermoon has already reprimanded him and a rare spark of respect flares in his chest to their new deputy at the admonishing; he had expected an ear of sympathy to the apprentice's woes and some excuse like letting him stay to help 'guard the camp' while they wandered aimlessly in a pine forest with no direction. It's a pleasant surprise and he shoots an icy glancy to the black and white cat with a grateful nod. To go against ones orders was treason and they did not reward such things with anything less than claws.
"They denied us medicine for our sick not knowing if you were one of them, as far as they care you're a WindClanner now and if you die then it did not concern them enough to offer us aid."
It is the cold truth of it, but he does not delight in having to make it a point. Coyotepaw is WindClan blood now and the moment something arises he knew what side he was to be on because his old clan certainly did.

I won't apologize for being who I am
He was looking at Sootstar, waiting for the ashen queen's answer when his inquiry was met with the stern tone of Badgermoon. Mint green eyes flash in the older male's direction, ears falling back once more as the deputy reprimanded him for speaking out. Though his spikey hackles dared to rise and dance in response he restrains himself. He was fighting an uphill battle and he could tell by the pointed glare Juniperfrost tossed his way. The icy stare might as well have been a harsh cuff to the ears with the way his father whipped around to face him. The boy recoils, his body flinching in minor expectation of a paw coming forth to slap him over the head. Though it never came he understood fully the intent behind the tom's frigid gaze. The words that trailed afterwards had him clenching his teeth behind sealed lips. No, that couldn't be true. If Thistleback or the others knew he were sick then they'd surely help him, he believed that. Wouldn't they?

"As far as they care you're a WindClanner now," Juniperfrost was dragging out the skeletons of his past now. Dredging up old feelings held against former skyclan clanmates for ostracizing him due to being windclan born. "and if you die then it did not concern them enough to offer us aid." Conflict rises up within him, two separate mindset battling for supremacy as Coyote watches the blue ticked tabby nod to Badgermoon in appreciation. The boy's tail twists and flicks behind him in a thick plume. It wasn't fair, being pitted against his adoptive family back in the pines. But the dual toned deputy mentions once more that lives are on the line. "Innocent cats could possibly die or get hurt no matter what I do..." Coyote thinks to himself bitterly. His paws were tied. "Tch. Fine..." He mumbles, almost too low to be heard before stalking off. (/out)
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you