pafp HAND GRENADE PINS IN EVERY LINE ✧ apprentice fight

Apr 24, 2023
There had been few apprentices—Brightpaw and Eveningpaw are practically the only ones in the den, now that Sparrowsong has become a warrior, but the entirety of the nursery has shifted places. They come, eager, their names brand new and their eyes greedy. Doompaw does not want Cherrypaw or one of the other deputy kits to start bossing everyone around and trying to dictate who sleeps where. He sleeps where he wants, when he wants, especially now that’s he’s practically a warrior.

As soon as Blazestar dismisses the meeting, Doompaw shoves past Cherrypaw—very rudely and obviously—and heads straight for the nearly-empty den. “I call best spot!” He yells, sprinting as though the last piece of fresh-kill in the forest were concealed within the den.

// please wait for @Cherrypaw !

•  
  • doomguy . doomkit . doompaw
    — afab, he/him, apprentice of skyclan
    — unknown sexuality ; single
    — short-haired blue tortoiseshell with white and green eyes
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — penned by Marquette

As the meeting draws to a close and SkyClanners resume their normal duties, Cherrypaw turns back to her family and friends. Her jaws part to say something that would go along with the smile blossoming on her face, but she's roughly knocked into one of them by a white blur before she can get it out. She whirls on her heels—Doompaw!—rage rising in her throat. Without so much as an apology to the body she was shoved into, the girl races after him, paws kicking up clods of dirt in the chase.

Oblivious to whatever Orangeblossom or her denmates might be calling after her, she yowls after him, "Oh no you won't!" Cherrypaw is slower than him, but the tom who'd run as though dogbreath burns on his tail must eventually slow as well, lest he go crashing straight through the ferns and tumble past the den entirely. That's when she aims to bowl into him from the side, hopefully sending him reeling in any direction but hers. Honestly, she isn't sure where she wants to place her nest; she's never entertained the aspects of apprenticehood past a vague notion of freedom. All she knows is that she couldn't let Doompaw take any of her options!

// feel free to be who she was pushed into!​

"h-HEY!"

The sudden jostling of the other apprentices was enough to find Edenpaw on the tail end of it, much to their dismay. They had wanted to revel in the moment a little longer but Doompaw was starting something. (Again? Was Doompaw always trying to fight cats his age.. that hardly seemed appropriate..) As they turned to right themself and demand an apology for being pushed, Cherrypaw had already made her way after the unruly boy by their new den.

Furrowing their brow in frustration, Edenpaw wasn't even sure why the two were so riled up. Who cares where you sleep at night! The ground is not that comfortable... three tails-lengths to the left won't change that. The white and black cat stood and hurried after them, determining now that since they'd been an unwilling victim, they could at least maybe win something back by taking a nice spot from that rude tomcat.

"Get him Cherrypaw! We'll can all get good spots and make Doompaw last to pick!"

• Love
Reactions: Cherryblossom
CALLIN' IT QUITS NOW ✧°.☀ ————————————
Oh for frick's sake.

Falconpaw had to admit, he saw this coming. He knew that the kits who bullied him and his sisters would be leaving the nursery soon enough, but he didn't think it would be so soon. Time spent with Greeneyes made everything go a little faster. So once the meeting broke, and boy was it electricity in the air. Two of the barely-apprentices racing for the den, and then there was yowling and crying. And Edenpaw wasn't any better. They were antagonizing.

Falcon's ears flattened and his lips drew back in some semblance of anger, before a huff left him. Patience, right? That's what he needed? Greeneyes had been telling him that. "Seriously, you guys?!" Falconpaw called, his fur standing up. He was already larger then them- his growth spurt had kicked in. Yet, he didn't move forward to break them up, his head shaking. "There's plenty of space for both of you and more." He said, drawing closer. Disappointment and anger clashed inside of him at the display of immaturity from these two fresh apprentices.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]
———————————— ☀.°✧ BABY, I'M A WRECK

Cherrypaw refuses to not get her way, as usual, and the calico hurls herself into his flank to prevent him from getting the best spot. He is bowled over, limbs flailing as he tries to catch his breath. “Not fair!” He bounces back to his paws, his tail waving aggressively behind him. He bares his teeth in a scowl directed at both his milk-sister and the irritating black and white cat allying with her. “I’ll take ya both on, just watch!” He hops in place, swiping at the air with his forepaws in a questionable display of strength.

One of the apprentices speaks up. Doompaw remembers his name—Falconpaw, one of the rogues brought into the Clan. He tells them there’s plenty of room, and Doompaw’s scowl deepens. “That’s not the point! I want the biggest and best nest,” he says, but now his eyes begin to wander about the den. Where would that even be?

•  
    — penned by Marquette

( tags )
"Oof-!"

Doompaw had shoved into Cherrypaw hard enough that she'd sent Lupinepaw, who was standing next to her, toppling into Edenpaw and onto the ground in a furry pile of black fur. He didn't have much time to react further than that before they had run off to the apprentice den, and he scrambled to his feet to follow.

"Guys, wait, wait!" Lupinepaw bounded after them as they started to scuffle, "I'm sure there's room for everyone maybe we shou- OWW!!!" his words went ignored as Cherrypaw bowled over Doompaw, and Lupinepaw found himself caught in the crossfire as one of Doompaw's pale flailing limbs found a target in Lupine's nose.

Falconpaw had joined the sidelines to scold the younger apprentices, and he was right, really, there should have been plenty of space for everyone to sleep. Even still, Lupinepaw found himself bristling, irritated and rubbing his sore nose, "Yeah, no one cares where you sleep, Doompaw! You don't have to be so Rude!" Really, all Lupinepaw wanted was a nest close to his siblings, he didn't get why Doompaw had to make a huge fuss over nothing.

//mobile !!
"SPEECH"

"Hey! Look what you did to Lupinepaw!" This is the second time Cherrypaw hadn't even noticed him, but this time she felt a little bad. Still, even though she'd touched Doompaw's stink (which is honestly not as bad as initial associations had made them out to be), Cherrypaw feels a surge of satisfaction as the other boy twists to his paws. A moment later, Edenpaw arrives at her heels, pale face streaked with frustration. Cherrypaw had never considered the striped kitten in any capacity before, not as a friend nor as a foe, but their exclamation provokes a wave of appreciation for them. She enthusiastically flicks the snowy flank with her tail, then turns back to Doompaw with a lofty grin. "I bet you couldn't even beat just me," she taunts.

Yet apprentice chimes in, a scolding voice becoming too familiar, as unwelcome as Edenpaw's was not. "Ugh." She rolls her eyes. "We can put Doompaw next to you then, Falconpaw." As she addresses him, Lupinepaw gives his take on the whole matter. She isn't surprised—only Plaguepaw and Pearlkit really like Doompaw—but she's definitely feeling more affectionate towards her denmate right now. Even if he doesn't exactly echo her sentiment, he's still ostensibly on her side, and that's all that matters. "Anyway, we're gonna go pick some nests now." She then saucily strolls through the cleared path to the den, tail raised high behind her.​

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
"So, so noisy." Fireflypaw groans as he passes by the den, tail whipping behind him as apprentices much smaller than him tangle with his paws and nearly topple him over. Firefly stands tall then, head raised over the rest as he waits for the pushing and shoving to end before he glares towards the direction of the newly made apprentices. "Why don't you all just sleep next to each other? It's a great bonding tactic." He hums in amusement then, tailtip tapping around on the ground to figure out how close he actually was to the apprentice's den. It's been a while since he slept in here..

"I'm surprised you all can exist in the same space for longer than a few heartbeats."
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 12 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

Falconpaw watched them continued to bicker and argue, knocking over other apprentices. His ears flattened, inhaling quietly. Doompaw whined at him about his nest, and honestly, Lupine and Cherry didn't sound much better. And finally he was speaking up, a bit of snap in his voice, fur prickling the same way Cherry's was. "Again, I really don't care where you guys sleep. Put yourself together, or not. Just stop arguing." He uttered out.

Fireflypaw's words came to him, and his ear twitched. His vision shifted away from them, back towards the four squabbaling apprentices. Well, five, if Fireflypaw was counting him. Falconpaw just wanted peace and quiet (and for them to all get along nicely) but that was a pipedream. He huffed quietly, retreating to his own nest. Zap's and Moth's nests were near his nest, hopefully obvious enough that they wouldn't get claimed. Zap would have a field day if Cherrypaw tried something, he thought to himself.

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
The meeting was dismissed, cats dispersed, apprentices ran off, and Sparrowsong was a warrior. A warrior. Belatedly, as they watched the newly named apprentices begin to scuffle with a defeated sag of their shoulders, they realized that while the kits moved in, they would be moving out.

They had been in the warrior's den once or twice, fortunately. It was typically just to drop off new moss, but at least it wouldn't be entirely new to them. They would need to gather their things and move them to the den. For a moment, they thought about their scattered feather collection.

A cry of ow snapped them out of their thoughts, and Sparrowsong hurried over to the tussling cats. "Hey hey!" they said, even as their voice was lost beneath the bickering and tumbling. Fortunately, Fireflypaw was there to help bring it to a halt, and poor Falconpaw looked less than thrilled by the events.

The brown tabby sighed, brushing past them and entering the den. "You can't keep fighting forever," they warned, even if their voice wasn't hard. "You're not kits anymore. You're on the path to becoming warriors." With a flick of their tail, they brushed it against Doompaw's side pointedly.

Stopping on top of their own nest, they crouched and began to rummage through the moss. "Plus, there's enough room for everyone to have a nice nest. You can make your own however you see fit."

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

Doompaw has some audacity to assume he could readily take on two of them at once! Edenpaw was the same as him now practically, and despite their kitty-pet background, would not be standing down from such a bold challenge. Looking to Cherrypaw again as she summarily defended the two of them from Falconpaw's complaints, the black and white cat gave a firm, uncompromising nod of affirmation. "Fireflypaw has a good idea what if we all just sleep on top of Doompaw," they put forward the suggestion with a grin, rounding to face their adversary in question.

Sparrowsong seems nothing if not a little upset about being kicked out of the apprentices' den, to which they find themself feeling somewhat guilty. It wasn't their fault Sparrowsong was all grown up and old now!!! Why was their fur in such a knot over a promotion anyways?

"But what if he steals my spot because I picked a better one," they insist, pressing the matter further before sticking their tongue out in Doompaw's general direction. "Either that or Falconpaw might bore us to death first..." Why was that apprentice so grouchy anyways? Practically acted like he was an elder already!

I thought being an apprentice was supposed to be a little more fun than this?

Doompaw turns gemstone-hard green eyes on Edenpaw. Stupid name, not even a real word! He bares his teeth in a sardonic grin. “You don’t even need a nest. You live with Twolegs. You’re just fightin’ ‘cause you’re bored, or ‘cause you don’t like me.” He shrugs. They’re all entitled not to like him; he knows who his real friends are.

To Cherrypaw, he boasts, “I could take ya all out with only three paws. Try me if you wanna see!” He drops into a crouch, preparing to launch himself at her as he had done many times in the nursery, when the boring adult brigade appears. Fireflypaw tells them all to cuddle each other, and Doompaw fake-gags. “I don’t wanna be too close to them! Ew!

Oh, and then there’s Sparrowsong, newly-named. Doompaw glowers their direction. “Warriors are s’posed to fight,” he points out in a sullen voice. “What’s the point of bein’ one if you can’t be the best and have what you want?” He sounds genuinely befuddled, though Edenpaw’s jab at Falconpaw makes him smile. “Lupinepaw and Falconpaw both are boring enough t’have their own nests.

After a moment, he tosses his head. “Fine. I’ll just sleep next to Plaguepaw.” It had been all he wanted to start with, but like hell if he wasn’t going to make chaos wherever his paws drove him to get there.

•  
    — penned by Marquette

..╭―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╮

leaf2.png
Sparrowsong had fished out a pawful of feathers from within their bedding when Doompaw argued back sourly, and they momentarily ceased their search to sigh.

A brown head twisted around to peer back at the pale tom. "Warriors are supposed to know how to fight," they corrected evenly. "And it doesn't mean you fight each other, either. You fight together to protect each other. We learn to fight to keep each other safe." The thought of one day having to fling themself into battle made their jaw tighten.

Resuming their rummaging in their nest, Sparrowsong redirected their attention away from them, content with the probability that they weren't actively seeking to shred each other. "There's plenty of room for everyone to have what they want and then some. The sooner you all get along with each other, the less annoying sharing the same den will be."

Then, rolling up their nest with a frown, they picked it up and began to carry it carefully out of the den. On their way out, they bumped their head against Fireflypaw's shoulder affectionately, certain he had it handled.

// out but feel free to reply to prior dialogue/assume they hear any parting remarks

leaf3.png

..╰―――――――――――――――||―――――――――――――――╯

Reactions: Marquette
Well that was just completely uncalled for.... even if it was a little true...

Glowering with a glare that looked like it might set Doompaw on fire with just its intensity, Edenpaw could not believe he'd be so crude! It had nothing to do with 'liking' anyone, they just wanted to be involved... was that so much to ask for? Giving a small huff to dispel the rising anger in their chest, the striped cat flicked their searing gaze to look at Sparrowsong as the warrior continued on chiding them. Stuff about fighting and battling but not each other.

Uhh... then explain why they saw cats sparring all the time? Don't fight your clan-mates my tail...

"I'm allowed to have a nest too," they circle back, remembering they had not stopped to defend themself. "I don't always go home..."

... Just.. most of the time.

But it hardly mattered, soon they'd be able to get back to their silly play-fighting for the best nest without the wanna-be mentor there to nag at them some more. With an indignant flick of their tail, they looked towards their den-mates one last time before loudly declaring their departure, "And I'm gonna go look for some cool stuff to put in my nest! See you guys laterrrrrr~!"

// out !!​

The apprentice didn't really have much reaction to being called boring or otherwise. He just blinked, ears twitching as he listened to the back and forth. A sigh left him, quietly as it was. Boring wasn't really a great thing to be called, Falconpaw reasoned. But he had cause to be boring. There isn't any sense in arguing with them. He thought to himself.

The den was going to be noisy for a little bit, he realized. So, with that in mind, the apprentice stepped out of the den, his head lowered and eyes heavy. Maybe he'd go nap in the sun, or something. Somewhere where these cats couldn't bother him. Perhaps Sparrowrush moving out was going to drive him downright nuts.

// on the way out, can be stopped! if not stopped, will be out for sho

"SPEECH"
[penned by dallas - ]

Poking her head out from beneath the ferns again, Cherrypaw blinks at the rest of them. They're still there, the argument trundling along so quickly her ears lose parts of it entirely. Fireflypaw and Sparrowsong are understandably mediators, though she hardly catches a word of what the latter says, but she doesn't expect Falconpaw to join in on their drivel. Though she groans at Edenpaw's suggestion of sleeping no top of Doompaw―"Have you smelled him?"―she smirks at their aside about Falconpaw. It's true that the other boy doesn't seem to have the zest for life the rest of the apprentices have; he rarely joins in on their scuffles, playful or mean-spirited, and he doesn't take to the juvenile teasing nearly as well as everyone else. Cherrypaw doesn't particularly react when he leaves on the tail of Sparrowsong.

Against her will, she finds herself agreeing with what Doompaw spouts about warriorhood, but bites her tongue before she can do it out loud. Instead she turns to blink at Edenpaw, who Doompaw had somehow made another good point about. They really didn't need a nest, huh. Well―that didn't matter! Cherrypaw likes them enough to sleep next to them, whenever they decided to sleep in SkyClan, and they could be another buffer between her and Doompaw! As they turn to leave, they announce something that tugs Cherrypaw back out of the den: "I'm coming with you!" She lightly pokes Edenpaw's flank with her tail, a grin spreading across her cheeks. "We can put flowers and pretty feathers into our nests―ooh, I have a cool one from Auburnflame that I can show you! Our nests are gonna look so good."

• Love
Reactions: edenberry ?!