camp Haunted- grieving

He can't handle the anger and hatred burning in him. What kind of cruel torture is this, to be forced to stay in this camp while his remaining family is exiled, to share a den with the cat who murdered his daughter in front of him? It's too much for him to handle, and what little reason and clarity he has left is quickly dwindling. Rabbitnose does not care who sees him, crumpled by the spot Mousenose was cut down. He can still smell her blood, still hear her voice.

Help me-

Her last words are burned into his mind. He hears them every time something does not occupy his thoughts. He trembles, wracked by grief as he presses his face against the ground, tears flowing freely. He no longer has the strength to keep it together. What's the point? Does it even matter? Who's next? Which of his kits will die or go missing next? This is a wound he will never heal from. He will never be okay again. He was a fool to think he would ever recover from Sunfreckle in the first place. Life never intended to be kind to him, he should have known from the very beginning, with the first scent that was ever ingrained into him being his mother's blood.

"Oh Mousey.... I'm so sorry..." His voice was quiet, broken.

He didn't even get to hold a vigil for his daughter. He doubts Skyclaw and his rogues would even let him.

"I wasn't fast enough...It's my fault."

Some father he is. Couldn't even protect his daughter. Couldn't keep Pigeonpaw safe. Rainbowpaw. He failed them too. Mossypaw. He keeps failing his family.

"I love you. No matter what, even if we can't see each other anymore..... You're still my darling daughter. My little trouble maker."

He couldn't continue, it hurt too much. His throat tightened and quiet sobs wracked his frame. He has never felt more alone in his life. Cold, alone, and full of hatred, rage and grief. He does not care for the steps he hears nearby regardless of who they belong to. He will say goodbye to his daughter, whether they like it or not. Even the knowledge that he'll see her again one day is no comfort. She shouldn't have died in the first place.​

Tybalt stood, watching Rabbitnose from a short distance away. He did not know the other warrior well, nor most of his kin, but his grief was something Tybalt understood well, for grief was a universal thing, even if the expressions of it might vary from cat to cat. Tybalt had no kits, nor a mate the way Rabbitnose had, but the loss of his parents was something he carried deep within his bones.

So he padded silently forward to sit beside the white tom, greeting him with a small dip of the head. "I am sorry, Rabbitnose," he murmured. "It was no fault of yours. It was Skyclaw's fault. He and the others would have done it regardless. Mousenose should never have died, but she spent her last moments standing up for what she believed. She was brave and loyal until the end, and that's something to be proud of in spite of how it ended." He swept his thick tail over his forepaws as he finished speaking. "ThunderClan will miss her."

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- guilt was... a strange thing, he thinks. he doesn't think he's felt guilty really before, not necessarily at anything that he's needed to feel guilty for, but he finds himself pretty curious. why was rabbitnose guilty? why did he say he was sorry, and that mousenose dying was his fault? he still can hear the way she begged for help, but it was of no use. she was dead before she could be helped. an uneasy feeling creeped up his spine before he just gently shook his head, moving over to rabbitnose and offering a gentle bump against his leg with his head.

"i'm sorry that it was her time to go... i miss her, too."

did he know her nearly as well as rabbitnose? no. but he still misses her. and he wishes that the stars had nit made her death was painful as it seemed to be. death was inevitable, but it shouldn't have had to hurt.

"she's at least okay in starclan now..."

he hopes that brings him comfort. little does he know, it would do little to nothing, because this was the last time he'd directly speak with him.

• tKSWnkG.png
  • ORANGEPAW he/they, apprentice of thunderclan, 10 moons.
    rather large polydactyl orange tabby with white markings, green eyes, a broken left hind leg, and scars on his face and right side
    npc x npc // no known family. mother is deceased
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    not necessarily great in battle. semi easy to attack due to lack of expereince alone.
    penned by scar@salemdraws on discord, feel free to dm for plots.