[ HE'S A REALLY COOL GUY ]

• 5jeug3.jpg

CLAY CLAYFUR ; loves his name! he's just clay :)
    A theatrical, lax-tempered tom with an air of profound sadness about him. He was a founding member of the clan, and so his loyalty both lives and dies within RiverClan; he has no plans to stray outside of his clan until the day that he joins his mate in StarClan.
    ⤷ named primarily for his deep brown fur color
    — male; he/him; amab
    — starclanner, former warrior of riverclan; former barn cat, pine group member
    — 47 months / died 1.23.24 at 46 months / ages every 28th
    u66UlAS.png
    nEiVLFV.png
    — penned by foxlore; PINTEREST ; PLAYLIST
  • e0nwl1.jpg
    shorthaired chocolate mackerel tabby with low white / carrying solid, dilute, longhair
    TALL CHOCOLATE TABBY WITH WHITE UNDERSIDE AND HAZEL EYES / TOYHOUSE

Clay is tall and long-legged, lean and powerful in appearance. his fur is scruffy, with tufts sticking out everywhere, no matter how well he grooms it. his pelt is the color of his namesake, mostly a rich brown, with darker stripes on his face and legs that fade into near-invisibility along his back. his underside is splashed in white, and more white covers his chest and paws. his eyes are hazel, flecked with the smallest bits of gold.

In the stars, Clayfur does not have the same two scars upon his chest that he did in life. He appears just as he did on the day he made Clearsight his mate, and though his words may now be laden with a sure wisdom that he hardly showed in life, his ever-bright expression and mannerisms have not changed in the slightest.
  • 3zz5z5.jpg

DEPENDABLE / FRIENDLY / HARDWORKING / EMPATHETIC / SUPPORTIVE / CONFIDENT / DISTRUSTFUL / AMBITIOUS / BRUTAL / RECKLESS / GLOOMY / IMPULSIVE / DUMB / VOLATILE
    Since the death of his mate, Clay seems a drastically different cat. On particularly bad days he is withdrawn, shrunken in on himself. Where once the sun shone above his head, marked his face with a grin, now there hangs the gloom of a constant rain cloud, shot through only with the occasional lightning strike of fury. Gone is the clayfur of the past, the clayfur for whom trusting others was easy and forgiving them was easier. he does not trust anyone outside of his clanmates, and new additions to the clan are looked upon with suspicion. he holds grudges for ages, and is not the type to forget grievances. he has a very black-and-white view on morality, labeling others as either good or bad without much consideration for nuance.

clay’s devotion to riverclan has only grown in clearsight’s absence, working harder than ever in an attempt to push away the grief that threatens to take him down anytime he stops to take a breath. he is a responsible mentor and a capable warrior, even if he isn’t the brightest fish in the pond.

prone to wallowing or lashing out, clayfur’s mood swings have noticeably gotten worse since thunderclan’s raid on sunningrocks. he has a hard time regulating his emotions, and has trouble controlling impulsive actions. he shows a blatant disregard for his own safety, but his concern for the safety and well-being of his clanmates (especially his friends and family) has become his greatest motivator.

Still, for the most part Clayfur has weathered the storm. The bad days may outnumber the good days, but there are good days. On these days, he can be seen pottering about with a broad smile, tail flickering greetings to each clanmate who passes him by. He believes that his loss has made him stronger, more durable, and he is known to be a good shoulder to cry on even for those clanmates he isn't necessarily close to. He has a good sense of humor and seeks to make his clanmates laugh as often as possible, even to his own detriment.

Chaotic Neutral, Silverquill Bard / Totem Barbarian. Favorite color is yellow. tips his head fully sideways to express interest or confusion. hardly ever stops moving, fidgeting, flicking his tail, etc. has hip dysplasia (currently mild, but worse on the right side) that causes him to sit down with splayed legs and decreases his range of motion. tends to press his shoulders or forehead against others’ pelts to show affection. very tactile, enjoys physical touch. cannot sleep without another cat nearby. still calls clanmates by their original names/prefixes in his head, can have trouble getting used to name changes among the clan.
  • bekp0v.jpg

REED xx MAYA | Sibling to Icesparkle, Beetlesong
    Uncle to Lilybloom, Darkwhisker, Ferngill, Steepsnout, Iciclefang
    ⤷ mentoring none / formerly mentored antlerpaw
    Former mate to Clearsight | Parent to none
    NOTABLE FRIENDS: Willowroot, Snakeblink, Cindershade, Redpath, Lichentail
    NOTABLE ENEMIES: Hyacinthbreath, Periwinklebreeze, Howlingstar, Sootstar

SINGLE, WIDOWED ; BISEXUAL
    has finally begun to move on from his grief, but isn't quite ready to take another mate yet
    SMELLS LIKE: A nearly musty mixture of soil and lingering fish
    SOUNDS LIKE: Robbie Daymond
    speech is #f9cb4f
  • d6vwe5.jpg

𓆝 weightless - all time low
    ocean avenue - yellowcard
    good luck with that (splitstream) - fathom all the animals
    tongue tied - grouplove
    where the shadow ends - banners
    scrawny - wallows
    what’s my age again? - blink-182
    1985 - bo burnham
    marjorie - taylor swift
    never thought - mel Bryant & the mercy makers
    sophomore slump or comeback of the century - fall out boy
    brook revisited - adam melchor
    could have been me - the struts
    faster car - loving caliber
    you said you’d grow old with me - michael schulte
    fool - djo
    little talks - of monsters and men
    bigger than the whole sky - taylor swift
    hello world - jigjam
    the next right thing - kristen bell (frozen)
    someone you loved - lewis capaldi
    stupid for you - waterparks
    dream boy - waterparks
    in a week - hozier ft. karen cowley
  • Code:
    [center][box=70%][justify][font=tahoma][color=#b67131]✦✦[/color] Text

[COLOR=#f9cb4f]"Text"[/COLOR]

[/font][/justify][/box][/center]

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: CLEARSIGHT
history

clay began life in a barn alongside his siblings and their parents, as well as many other cats. the triplets wanted to explore, though, so they ventured out into the world to see what wonders it held. and what wonders did it hold! they came across an entire group of cats inhabiting the pine forest, led by a cat named rain, and when his sister ice met a nice tom named mud, well, you can see how that went. mud and ice had a kit, lily, and the siblings lived in the pine group for almost a full year.

after a lot of tension and eventually a bloody final battle, the pine and marsh groups split into five different clans. ice announced that she would be traveling to the river territory—soon to be riverclan—with mud and lily, so clay followed, desperate not to be abandoned. he didn’t know how to swim, but he couldn’t just let his family leave him behind! so he touched it out and joined riverclan with them, eventually being renamed clayfur by their leader, cicadastar.

clayfur thrived in riverclan despite his failures at first, eventually learning to swim and becoming great at fishing. he settled in, was assigned an apprentice, and even found love in a warrior named clearsight. they were mates long before clay became aware of it—enamored with clearsight, pining from a distance but unaware that clearsight already considered them mates. finally, the two had a conversation that cleared up their confusion, and they loved each other as mates for one month.

when windclan attacked riverclan’s camp in retaliation for a windclan warrior’s death, clearsight was killed. clay fell into despair, characteristic cheer falling away to leave him hollow and nigh unresponsive for days.

unfortunately, there was no reprieve for riverclan or for clayfur after clearsight’s death. thunderclan staked their claim on sunningrocks, the place where clayfur and clearsight became mates. because he got out of the windclan raid mostly uninjured, clayfur participated in this battle. blinded by grief and rage, clayfur attempted to drown a thunderclan warrior before going on to take howlingstar’s first life—assuming that the leader had been about to kill one of riverclan’s own warriors, riffleheart.

after many long months, riverclan moved back to their island camp at last, but still there wasn’t much happiness for clay.

Last edited:
inventory

clay’s hoard lies in his nest. he becomes furious / frenzied when his nest is messed with while he is out. demands that apprentices and the like do not touch his nest while they are cleaning out dens.

— gray stone shot through with glittering white veins
— 2 dirt-coated sparkly buttons
— small coin that shines in the sunlight
— 4 sleek, shiny raven feathers
— numerous pearlescent shells

Last edited:
THE WALLS ARE BORING ME — ⋆✦°
PAINT IT LIKE YOU ALWAYS DREAMED IT'D BETAGS

MAYBE IF I DUG AROUND A BIT IN THE SOIL — ⋆✦°
I'D FIND OUT WHERE ALL THIS LOVE COMES FROM AND WHAT IT'S FORTAGS

SO I WROTE YOUR NAME IN MY HEART — ⋆✦°
AND THAT'S WHERE IT WILL STAY, ALWAYSTAGS

AND WITH THE DAWN, WHAT COMES THEN — ⋆✦°
WHEN IT’S CLEAR THAT EVERYTHING WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN?TAGS

WHAT DIED DIDN’T STAY DEAD — ⋆✦°
YOU’RE ALIVE, YOU’RE ALIVE IN MY HEADTAGS

GRAVEDIGGER, THAT’S MY NAME — ⋆✦°
ASHES TO ASHES, JUST CHALK IN THE RAINTAGS

I’M JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT TOGETHER — ⋆✦°
BUT IT GETS A LITTLE HARDER WHEN IT NEVER GETS BETTERTAGS

Last edited:
  • Clay works at a PokéMart, but in the evenings he participates in tournaments for a bit of extra money. His team is packed full of water and electric type Pokémon, which makes him a bit difficult to deal with because he can’t be fully taken down by one type.
  • With the ability Drizzle to set up rain and a held Damp Rock to make it last even longer, Pelippper is the first of Clay’s Pokémon out on the field. It knows U-Turn so that it can immediately switch out into a larger threat such as Mantine, and knows Roost to keep itself moderately healthy. Scald and Hurricane round out its moveset, allowing it to damage opponents fairly reliably despite its subpar stats.
  • Usually second or third out behind Pelipper’s U-Turn, Ludicolo’s Swift Swim ability makes it twice as fast in the rain that Pelipper sets up. It has a somewhat inaccurate Hydro Pump to dish out large chunks of damage, as well as Ice Beam to hit flying-type threats, and Giga Drain to recover some health. Its held Leftovers aid in recovery, and it can use Leech Seed to further regain health.
  • Another Swift Swim user, Mantine can outspeed most threats at this point. Roost keeps it healthy, while Scald and Air Slash allow it to keep dealing damage to enemies. Clay’s Mantine also knows Toxic to take down foes who won’t fall to its regular attacks, and its held Leftovers allow it to heal even more.
  • Clay’s Pincurchin has the ability Electric Surge and holds a Terrain Extender, setting up electric terrain that lasts longer than normal. Pincurchin takes advantage of the terrain with a double-power Rising Voltage, and can also hit hard with Scald here and there. Pincurchin can also set up layers of Toxic Spikes to make switching risky, and Recover helps keep it healthy.
  • Clay’s Kilowattrel is much less threatening than the rest of his team, but it is not to be underestimated. With Volt Absorb as its ability, it is a useful pivot against electric types. It knows Thunder and Hurricane, so when it comes out in the rain it can hit hard and fast. U-Turn is a useful retreating move, helpful because of its poor defenses, and its last move is Tailwind to boost the entire team’s speed.
  • Holding an Assault Vest, Eelektross’ special defense is boosted greatly, and its ability Levitate gives it no type weaknesses, making it Clay’s primary pivot to switch into threats. Eelektross has Volt Switch, allowing safe switch-ins to other members of his team, along with Flamethrower to dish out damage. Giga Drain and Drain Punch round out its moveset to recover health while dealing damage.

Last edited:
battle notes

Open to: injury, scarring
Closed to: maiming, killing

Tall and slender, packed with lean muscle.
Fights with brute force, is able to tank as many hits as he dishes out. Not very agile, but overall strong physically. Dumped all his ASIs into CON.

Will aim to kill or seriously injure. Will initiate fights. Will run if obviously overpowered or outnumbered. Not opposed to fighting children, but will not kill cats who are obviously young.

— Clay will always attempt to seriously injure or kill his opponents in battle (except for small children). This does not mean that he has to be successful though! I write battles very aggressively, but I won’t get upset if your character dodges hits, etc. I want us both to be satisfied with the results of the battle, so feel free to DM me if there’s a certain way you’d like for it to pan out!

— Please note that I will not roll for attacks/damage/etc. Almost all attacks will land on my characters (unless I’m avoiding certain injuries), and I take my characters’ strengths, weaknesses, & experience into account during fights.​

Last edited:
Haven't properly met yet
Loathes
Fearful of
Dislikes
Suspicious of
Rivalry
Jealous of
Distrustful of
Annoyed by
Weirded out by
Confused / Unsure of
Complicated Feelings
Wishes to know better
Shy towards
Respects
Comfortable with
Friends with
Close friends with
Safe around
Like family
Family
Protective of
Admires
Platonic Love
Puppy-crush
Crushing on
Head-over-heels for
Romantic Love

WIP heartchart, will eventually have every character he’s interacted with!

CHARACTER NAME / hearts