border HOW EASY IT IS // urgent ThunderClan patrol

He watches ThunderClan leave without moving from where he stands. Unblinking and watchful, an exhausted sentry unwilling to turn away from their post, it is not until they have truly disappeared into their own territory that Sunstar turns towards the tunnelers that he had requested to remain. "Which of our tunnels come closest to the gorge?" he asks, voice low and taut as if there are any still close enough to listen. As if ThunderClan had nothing more important to do than wonder after what Sunstar murmured to his warriors with aching unease. "I will not demand that you stay there. But wolves are too large to fit through them, and we might know for certain if they succeed." Or if they fail. "You would be quick enough to evacuate camp, should it come to this." His gaze searches both of the siblings', his worries giving way to hesitance. He knows the weight of what he is asking. They will watch ThunderClan die, if the worst comes. And they will flee it themselves soon after.

"I will watch from what vantage point I can find. I do not think the tunnels would welcome me, even in a time such as this." But he would not ask them to watch if he would not do the same. And whatever these wolves take from the clans, at least he has lives to spare.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • sun_icon_new2.png
    SUNSTAR. LEADER OF WINDCLAN.  
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, MOUNTAIN CATS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING RIVEPAW.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, FRESHLY SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS BLUE EYES

༄༄ When the others have headed back toward camp, and a lingering golden glance has been cast at Bluepool’s retreating form, the calico returns her full attention to the rosetted leader. What he asks of herself and Rattleheart is dangerous, potentially deadly, but she knows that she will agree anyway. "I’ll do it," she says with a determined nod. Of course I will do it. If something is to go wrong, she and Rattleheart could be WindClan’s only warning. She looks to the black and white tunneler at her side—she will not pressure her brother to join her, nor will she look down upon him if he should refuse.

It is not only ThunderClan’s fate that may be decided, but all of WindClan’s, and now it is not only ThunderClan’s responsibility to keep the moorland safe from wolves. Now, the responsibility lies upon Scorchstreak’s shoulders as well, and Rattleheart’s if he agrees. Sunstar says that he plans to watch as well, and her eyes narrow to slits. "Do not needlessly risk yourself," she says to the leader, her tone low and warning. She thinks at once of Sunlitpaw and Featherpaw, both obviously feeling as though they have something to prove. She thinks of Wolfsong, of Bearpaw and Rivepaw. None of them need to see their kin ripped apart by wolves, regardless of whether he will return by the grace of his spare lives.

AS HE RAISED HIS FIST BEFORE HE SPOKE — There's no way for Rattleheart to truly guess what Sunstar would ask of them once Thunderclan left, a fact that was both a blessing and a curse. Frustrating in that he couldn't merely assume what the leader would request of them like he had been able to do with Sootstar. Had she still been in charge, the tunneler was certain she either would've refused Thunderclan's request outright, or accepted only to use it as a trap - an opportunity to eliminate more of their rivals. The question that left Sunstar, however, caused the lead warrior to stiffen. His shoulders were tight as he answered, the press of Scorchstreak at his side only barely enough to soothe him. "There is... a tunnel we would frequently use when heading towards Riverclan, before our current project was in place. That's probably the closest one you'd be able to find, at least in any state of repair." It didn't take a genius to guess what was coming next, even if he couldn't begrudge Sunstar asking such a thing of them.

It just made sense. Two of his most trusted tunneler advisors, the ones who would be able to see everything and report back as quickly as was necessary. Yet, that didn't make the prospect of saying yes any easier.

His answer was on the tip of his tongue even before Scorchstreak spoke, knowing his littermate would be unable to say no - if she considered it for even a moment. He refused to let her risk her life alone, even as his long tail of striped monochrome twitched and lashed behind him. "I'll do it, too. Windclan will need us if Thunderclan fails, there's no question." There really wasn't, in spite of any stomach churning or claws wrenching up bits of the earth beneath him. "But please... listen to both of us, if not just to Scorchstreak. We don't need our leader being torn apart by those beasts, especially with how many lives they could rend from you." The mere thought of Sunstar being torn to gore sent a shiver down his spine, and his pale gaze flicked over to Scorchstreak once more. Hopefully that would not be the fate of them both, even if that meant sacrificing himself for her safety.

• 75034712_8183RsjuzqJmQXv.png
    longhaired black and white tom with pale green eyes
    49 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    afab; uses he/she/they pronouns
    homosexual homoromantic; mated to venomstrike
    sibling to scorchstreak, lizardbounce, and rabbitclaw
    currently mentoring downypaw
    somewhat difficult to befriend; wary but kind
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed
    all opinions are ic