I CAN'T BE HOME TONIGHT || after the skirmish

ab67616d00001e02dab7f2a301c34bb398175b8a
Aspenpaw was on that stinking patrol.

Hyacinthbreath watches numbly as cats act like this is just another minor fight, as if lives couldn't have been lost. Moonshadow soothes her anger, but Hyacinthbreath is fuming. "Just that, huh? Demotion." Hyacinthbreath laughs bitterly, its almost pitiful how she begins to cackle. Tears well up along her eyes as she giggles, a paw lifting to rub at her face. "Like Warriors?" She sneers, icy blues turning towards Moonshadow and the others. No, this wasn't enough.

She was going to find Weaselclaw and give him a piece of her mind.

She was going to scar him just like she was scarred.

Once she was sure Aspenpaw was taken care of by Dandelionwish, Hyacinthbreath makes her way away from the group of injured cats- sparing a glance at Moonshadow. But she doesn't look at her, she reassures their kits that they fought like Warriors, and Hyacinthbreath feels like she's going to throw up. How could you be okay with this? To just roll over and submit, accept this as right? Strong or not, these apprentices were meant to be protected.

Just like that, Hyacinthbreath disappears into camp, searching for the very tom who put her kit in danger.

He hurt them. He hurt them. He hurt them. And you couldn't even be there to stop it. Stupid, Stupid!

// out! ​
dasj6kh-fcc362f4-4eae-4ea0-ab51-566d06091b70.png

"If yer brain was a bird's nest it'd have no EGGS!" He hollered after the retreating brown tabby. Stubborn fool was going to get sick with uncleaned wounds exposed to the cold and he clenched his teeth so hard it snapped his wheatstem right in half. If he was just a little on the bigger side he'd have dragged the tom back kicking and screaming but while Dandelionwish was no slouch for height or strength he certainly wasn't enough to force Weaselclaw into obedience so he let it go with a lashing tail and irritated curse.
Trotting back to his den he paused as Moonshadow stopped him, letting his fur flatten back as he exhaled a huff of annoyance that the tabby brute had caused to flare up inside him. "Much appreciated, but I reckon I can manage-won't say no to someone fetchin' them something to share from the freshkill pile though." They could eat while he made sure no one had anything severe, clean them up, dress what wounds were they, maybe pack some ice on Coyotepaw's leg where he was limping a bit from something or another. He glanced back to the den where Perwinklepaw was fretting over his sister and the apprentices were talking; felt his chest tighten in unease. Would RiverClan retaliate? He prayed they would let it go, that leaf-bare was not the time to wage war. But if they did he was bundling all the younger cats into his den and shielding them from the conflict they didn't cause or deserve to be punished for. Out of the corner of his eye he watches Hyacinthbreath glance at them all and then turn to leave just as quickly with a look in her eyes not quite so comforted as the dark warrior's. He didn't think he'd ever have kits. He didn't think he could stomach sending his own children off into bloody conquests...
"Right-" Dandelionwish whipped back around to trot into the den proper, "Let's take a looksie-not seeing anything too deep. Should be good with some cobwebs and if ye notice anything getting red or itchy let me know...Periwinklepaw, wanna fetch some snow? We're gonna pack a little on Coyotepaw's leg-it'll be chilly but it'll help ease whatever's got ye limping." And he had no stinging nettle to speak of so snow had to do for now...leaf-bare made herb gathering hard.

I won't apologize for being who I am
Dandelionwish suggests the pair cleans their wounds as he steps out for a moment and with a small twist he searches of a place to start. A low huff falls from his nostrils as he leans further down, rasping his tongue over the pink puckered flesh. The metallic tang of crimson causing a grimace to morph his features. An ear swivels in Aspen's direction, listening as she comments on how tired she was. He was exhausted himself now that he properly thought about it, now that the commotion had somewhat dissipated all he wanted was a good nap. "Same," The boy rumbles upon straightening himself up once again. "It's sore...but I'll live." He utters in regard to his side. Turning his attention to Moon as she comes in and makes an effort to wrap around them Coyote restrains the urge to scoot away. Would she have thought it rude? She was evidently close to her children but he was a stranger to her. Why put in effort to comfort someone you don't know.

Instead he remained, albeit stiffly and feeling horrendously out of place within the small family circle. She gifts him words of praise that turn sour within the realm of his stomach. Fought like warriors. There was nothing honorable about the way he rushed out onto the field. Tossing his own personal grievances upon the nearest cat all to off blow steam over a situation he couldn't control. However, he would not be caught admitting it. Weaselclaw's protection and the good of windclan as a whole was the farthest thing from his mind in that moment. Suppressed bitterness buried beneath his pelt fueled his fight. He looks down again, staring at his paws this time until Dandelion arrives only then does he look back up. He remains still as the medic evaluates him, giving a shallow nod once he's finished. "Alright, thanks." The thought of ice being fastened to his sore limb was not a pleasant one but at least he would heal faster.
Tryna throw shade on me say a lot 'bout you