sensitive topics I DON'T LOVE YOU [☾] I JUST LOVE THE BOMB

In a flash tension rose into the air. Sootstar plants her paws into the snow-covered ground, eyes owlishly washing over the clearing as the cats from her patrol pool out around her. The stentch of marsh surges from behind the patrol as two ShadowClan cats take their place at her side. Granitepelt, terribly wounded from escaping ShadowClan and his daughter Ghostpaw. Now why in all the five clans did the Moor Queen welcome ShadowClan cats into her camp? No one would know, no one but one cat among them.

The large tom stands fox-lenghts in front of her, his icy blue eyes that Sootstar saw nothing but loyalty in now seemed to pierce right through her. The blue smoke says nothing as they lock gazes, digging into each other's eyes, their souls. Perhaps this was the first moment they would both see each other as they were, a tyrant and a rebel. A viper and a lion. The dusk and the dawn.

"Sunstride." The snake greets the lion, her hiss strong and unwavering. "...Sunstride, ...you've betrayed me."

Steadily she slithers toward him.

"I... I raised you up. From a meaningless rogue to an entrusted lead warrior, to prized deputy. I- trusted you. Weaselclaw- Weaselclaw trusted you." Her mate had approved of her choice in deputy before he had died, even though she had sworn it should've been the tabby himself she had chosen despite being on his sickbed. "Why have you done this, Sunstride? Why did you give up my kits! Why do you sink your claws into your leader's back when she has done nothing but share her home, her trust, her power with you?" The viper's hiss strains now almost as if she is distraught, broken by the betrayal of her sun-pelted deputy.

Now she stops in her tracks, her eyes clouded. "No... no... don't explain. I don't want to hear it." Heavily she looks to him, she looks for the future in the reflection of sparkly blue. She sees the loss of power. She sees desperation. She sees a fire smoldering to ash. The serpent sees herself. "...It's all over now anyways."

A dirt-stained paw outstretches, claws grow from their sheathes in the pursuit of the deputy's throat.
  • >> Please wait for @SUNSTRIDE
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

He turns his face into the searing pain, and answers with a bite.

Blood drips from his teeth and his cheek together, and it will smear her paw once he releases. Long claw marks split the fur beneath his blazing eye, yet he has not so much as flinched from where he stood. She had surged to meet him and in a moment of absurd realization, it comes to him that he had survived it. Time has made Sootstar to a cat far greater than truth. She was the leader of their clan, the one who had brought these times upon them all. She stood at their helm, urged them to battle. She killed them, in the end. She was killing all of them. And Sunstride had stood before her, and lived.

He spits out his paw with a surge forward, seeking only to unbalance the moor queen before the hateful eyes that watch. A dozen of her finest turned against him, as they had been at the Gathering. Where he stood beneath the great rock and took the weight of four clans' disapproval. As he had all the times that he stepped into battle on her behalf. In a sudden moment of violent rage, he shouts: "No!" It will not take long before the whole clan is upon him. An outlander as he has always been. He had thought himself beyond their trials many moons ago. He had stood before Sootstar and found his identity resting before her paws. Her loyal warrior, the great bulk of his ferocity at her command. He had leaned upon it. Trusted his weight to this choice she set before him with no way out but through.

Now he tears at the brambles hedging him in. The golden warrior lashes out to keep her at bay as his gaze circles through the clan and towards those he knows, and who know him just the same. He wishes to turn to them, to know what they are thinking, but just as he had stood beneath the stars and his leader so many moons before, Sunstride will not face this moment without bravery.

"They were not yours! None among this clan belong to you; not when you have led us so far astray. A pathetic shadow of who you had once been. If the stars have forsaken Weaselclaw as you so claim, it is only for his love of you and all that you have wrought upon this clan." I will not turn my teeth on the one who has led me to where I am. There is blood on his tongue. He had never meant her.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC. PLEASE WAIT FOR @SOOTSTAR SORRY FOR EDITING THIS IN
  • dzMLAJY.png
    SUNSTRIDE. WINDCLAN DEPUTY & MOOR RUNNER.
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, LONERS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING SCORCHPAW.

TH ╱╱ LARGE CHOCOLATE ROSETTE TABBY, ICY EYES.

As claws slice his face she screams as his teeth dig into her paw as the blood from his cheek gushes. Ears ring against his rageful shout, he spits her paw out and lunges forward. Nearly tripping over her paws the blue she-cat stumbles backwards with a hiss, Sunstride striking a paw out in a warning to stay back. Again they meet eyes as Sunstride yowls his blazing words.

Sootstar seethes, "Of course they are. You all belong to me. I am your leader! I am the ruler of these moors, the ruler of all whose paws touch my soil!" The viper finds she speaks nothing but the truth, a hard truth perhaps for those who detested her so... but that was the price of being WindClan. The price of the safety she offered. The price of the moors prey and shelter. If you were not strong enough to commit yourself to Sootstar, to give your life for the clan she has gifted you, you did not deserve to call yourself WindClan at all. "I'm everything I've ever been and more! The clan's shudder at the mention of WindClan, they warn their kits of me! WindClan is feared, we are strong, thanks to me and everything I have done for this clan and the warriors within it."

Weaselclaw. Weaselclaw. Sunstride poisons his name by speaking it. "You- you will leave his name out of your traitor mouth. You dung-faced, buzzard-food, good for nothing rogue!" Sootstar flings herself at him, aiming to place both paws upon his face and crown his head with her claws.. With her muzzle aimed to be pressed against his face she hisses, "I should've buried you with Gin!"

If allowed she releases herself from him and leaps past him, her back towards him. "WindClan, kill him! Him and anyone who stands in your way!" For the traitors will pour. It is here and now where loyalties once and for all will be decided, this is a storm no one will escape.
  • >> Free to post! Obviously don't actually kill Sunstride but please let chaos erupt
  • » SootSootstar
    » WindClan Leader
    » She/her ․ Mate to Weaselclaw
    » Tiny blue smoke she-cat with green eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A high-stamina foe who can be difficult to hit.
    » Excels in quick, short moves.
    » Fights to kill and maim
    » Fatal attack of choice is an underbelly dive.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

He had not been present amongst the Shadowclanners or the Loyalists. Instead, he was sat in an emotional hole as Wolfsong's words caused him to spiral. It can't be true. I refuse to believe it! Refuse! Clenching his teeth he sunk further into the nest. Their body shivered with unwanted emotions and aches doubled by the chill outside. This isn't how things were supposed to be! Rare tears burned in the corners of his hellfire gaze. Mind far too absorbed in his misery

The thundering of paws is the only thing that stirred the ebony feline from his moment. Causing their heart to leap in their throat. What in the? Scrambling from his spot, Harbingermoon rushed to the mouth of the warrior's den. He looked out into the clearing with irritation as he eyed the gathered crowd. Soon enough, he spotted the pelt of Sootstar as she inched toward Sunstride. Voice dripping with menace and as cold as ice. Luring the entirety of Harbingermoon's attention on both cats.

Confusion overtook the annoyance as he stepped further into the fray. Betrayal? Wha- Silence fills the space in his once buzzing head. A bubbling wrath of humor and disbelief stirred within. He's the one that stole the kits! A thrill rushed up his spine, spiking his coat twice its normal size. He couldn't contain the wicked smile that bled across his splotched mask. For a moment, they forgot all the earlier terrors in the tense scene playing before him. This is too good to miss. Slinking deeper into the group, he wove around to the side of Hollowcreek.

Chin lifted high with excitement as the Moor Queen dealt her blow. Except, the deputy pulled a zinger by not lying down. The paw snatch startled the by-standing warrior. Witnessing her blood splatter the ground alongside Sunstride's stunned him. Slowly, he looked the golden feline up and down while they fought. Voice high and as righteous as ever. Snarling audibly, he threw curses to the wind. "TRAITOROUS LEECH!" Harbingermoon howled as all of his little suspicions clicked together at that very moment.

Watching the retaliation befall his leader as she sings her palpable truths. Causing the Tunneler to see red as he bowed at the ready. How dare you make a mockery of me when you're no better! The moments of the gathering colored his gaze a deeper crimson as his leader's words rallied him. At the sounding war cry of Sootstar, he abandons Hollowcreek's side without a moment's hesitation. Claws extended and fangs bared as he aimed to shove his weight into Sunstride's side. Hoping to knock them back away from the she-cat.

OOC
excited mobile post please forgive any errors!
Attacking @SUNSTRIDE he is being very reckless, so feel free to dodge any of his attacks!
Powerplay is permitted such as shoves, bites, and scratches. No lethal blows!

Last edited:
Since coming back from the mountains the main thing Mouseflight could think about was how different WindClan had become in their absence. In a clan where the stars once ruled over them, where they were deemed StarClan’s favorite and lived specifically under the stars so that their ancestors may watch over them they had abandoned that faith. Whispers of StarClan leaving WindClan to rot had caught up with the large-eared tunneler, but he kept going. He said his own whispers to StarClan in his own time as they had not abandoned WindClan - they couldn’t have, for WindClan was their favorite right?

Even through stealing kits right?

When the kits had disappeared he had hoped silently that it had simply been that someone had finally done the right thing and took them home. Even if they grew up in WindClan and had become warriors here they looked so much like their parents were they supposed to hide in the moors forever, staying away from the borders and never seeing a gathering simply to make sure no one knew they had been here all along? It wouldn’t work, and although he should be happy they were home Mouseflight couldn’t help but stare for a moment in shock and awe as it was revealed to be Sunstride, that he had been the one to do it - that it had actually been done.

Orders were shouted to attack and quickly Mouseflight rushed forward and aimed for @HARBINGERMOON in an attempt to push the other out of the way, out of claw’s length of the deputy. Despite living in the open Mouseflight had been suffocating and he finally wanted to breathe.
  • mobile post!
  • tikki_com.png
    mousekit - mousepaw - mouseflight
    ⋆ ftm - he/him - 12 moons
    ⋆ bisexual - open to relationship
    ⋆ tunneler of windclan
    attack - speech - thought
    ⋆ penned by tikki

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- An eerie silence seemed to befell the Clan at Sootstar's accusations. Betrayal! she had called, accusing the tom of returning her kits. What kits? Confusion clouded his gaze before only a moment before it finally clicked. Larkkit and Ouzelkit. Sunstride returned them to ShadowClan, to home. Green eyes rested on the golden tabby now as he took in all this sudden information, stunned. It all made sense. Those kits - they should never have been stolen; he couldn't imagine the pain their parents endured upon waking up to their nest empty. Sunstride did the right thing, he decided. He had always been honorable, always on the side of doing the right thing, even if it risked his reputation. In this moment, Slatetooth recounted the time that he, an apprentice at the time, returned to camp bloodied and battered from an altercation with his father, Lynxtooth. All he needed in that moment was comfort, and Sunstride was there for him. From that point on, he confided in Sunstride; it was now that he realized that he viewed the golden deputy as more of a leader than the treacherous moor queen.

Sootstar's words following chilled him to the bone, filling him with a rare occurrence of rage manifested from moons of misery. She sounded like his father in that moment; acting like he owed them for his life. He belonged to them. After all they did for him, when in reality, Lynxtooth killed his mother, and Sootstar was killing WindClan. Slatetooth would not withstand this abuse. He would not sit idly by and watch the abuse of others. "No longer," he hissed, and in the moment that Sootstar finished her command to kill Sunstride, the silence erupted into rage-filled yowls and the slashing of flesh.

In that moment, Slatetooth lurched forward towards Sunstride, planting himself firmly next to the golden tom. Harbringermoon was the first to join Sootstar, and after the shove, Slatetooth would attempt to lurch towards the older tom-cat, pivoting on his paws to knock his own flank into @HARBINGERMOON in an attempt to knock him away. "This has gone on for too long!" came the strained hiss from Slatetooth, who had almost knocked himself off balance in the process. For a moment, he turned his green gaze towards Sunstride once more, hoping to StarClan that Sootstar's attack hadn't met him: thankfully, the scratch missed his neck entirely.

• SLATETOOTH he/him, moor-runner of windclan, 17 moons.
    a reclusive short-haired black tom with low white and green eyes.
    mate to no one. son of lynxtooth x adelaide. brother to gravelsnap and ashpaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by ixora@.ixora on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Last edited:
As chaos breaks out in the form of screams and claws, Brightshine bristles and ducks away. She presses near the ground, emerald eyes wide as she seeks out her kits, her sister, Echolight's kits, Bearpaw. Where are they? She must keep them safe, she must-

Her eyes lock onto Sunstride. None among this clan belong to you; not when you have led us so far astray. Her breath comes in shaking exhales, ears pinned to her skull as she listens. Sunstride had taken the kits back to ShadowClan where they belonged. An act of honor and compassion that is so rare in these moors she forgot it ever existed, long before the days of WindClan. And he is being cut down, ordered to be killed by Sootstar. Her words draw claws down the calico's spine, causing her own to slip out from their sheaths without her thinking about it.

She tries to find Lilacstem in the crowd. This is the moment we've been waiting for. And she is so close to lunging forward, fighting against those who have brought blood and misery to her homeland for seasons, but the thought of her kits here stops her. What of them, if she fights now? What then? Frozen, she remains crouched off to the side, eyes blown wide and muscles trembling.

As shouts and accusations devolve into an all-out brawl, Nightmareface is drawn from the tunnels. It doesn't take her long to realize what has transpired. Sunstride took the kits. Sootstar's kits. They rightfully belonged to WindClan - he is a thief! Her yellowed fangs are revealed in a snarl as she approaches, head low and tail lashing. She watches her lead try to cut down their deputy with a ferocity that terrifies her to the bone. It is the same power and authority that had gained the she-cat's loyalty, but it doesn't make it any less frightening to witness.

Sootstar addresses them all, snarling and snapping for her warriors to kill him and any who stand in their way. A harsh gulp finds its way into her throat as she nervously backs away from Sootstar, ears pinned to her skull, before her attention turns onto Sunstride - and his apparent followers. Harbingermoon is attacked in his attempt to get at the deputy, and Nightmareface loyally comes to his aid, grunting as she throws herself at Slatetooth. "You'll die, here and now!" She screeches, aiming to tear her claws into his filthy pelt wherever they find purchase.

// attacking @slatetooth

Reactions: HARBINGERMOON

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- As the pace of the ShadowClan patrol picked up their pace to camp, Juncopaw found herself growing ever excited, forgetting completely about the serious nature of the situation, and what had transpired at the border. This was her chance to finally shine; perhaps, if she was strong enough, she would get her warrior name. Sootstar's praise would mean the world to her, and she would do anything to get it.

A sinister grin grew on the tabby's face as the battle finally erupted after the confrontation between Sootstar and Sunstride. We will defend your honor, Sootstar! With that thought, Juncopaw jumped into the fray with a wild howl - "Traitors! Die to the glory of WindClan!" - and collided with the first cat of Sunstride's followers that she ran into. Juncopaw stretches a paw out to the cat, aiming to rake her claws across their face, all while her slim pupils glinted madly against her widened green eyes. This is the moment she's been training for. For the glory of WindClan. For Sootstar.

• Feel free to be the cat she is attacking! Otherwise, she is open to being attacked by anyone. Powerplay perms given for scratches and shoves and the such, please ask me for fatal wounds!
  • JUNCOPAW she/her, moor-runner apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    an antagonistic silver tabby she-cat with green eyes.
    mate to no one. daughter to former gin rogues. apprentice of mocking-grin.

It felt as though the world turned upside down as fur and spats flung around the clearing. Harbingermoon alone fueled forward by hate, bloodlust, and a feverish need to cut down any that defied Sootstar. A blur of a patchwork pelt is barely missed as he jets past. In his violent haste he is shoved on his right side by Slatetooth. Throwing the tuxedo two rabbit hops from Sunstride's initial position.

Sinking hungry claws into the ground, he wrenches himself upright, a growl billowing out of his chest. Shaking off the impact, he turns his rage onto the offending cat. Head shaking with disbelief as he snapped aloud. "You're defending a traitor!" He soon takes notice of the erupting chaos just as Nightmareface flings herself forward. Thankful for the aid, the desire to settle a score changes his initial trajectory. Glee brims forth as his sights turn on Mouseflight.

Venom drips into their tone as the white and black feline prowls closer. Ears flattened and orange eyes mere slits. "Any cat who defies our Queen is worth less than dung!" With newfound vigor, he dashes towards the Tunneler. Leaning into his left paw, and pouncing forward with an outstretched arm. Hoping to aim a nasty blow to Mouseflight's cheek as a sinister chortle fills the space between them.

OOC
Knocked back by @slatetooth
Dodged the first attack by @Mouseflight now retaliating against them!
Permission for mild scratches, bites, and bruises granted. (Please, no lethal or damaging blows!)

Last edited:
Word finally comes out about who the traitor is, it seems. Gooseberry is loyal only to Sootstar, so he does not have much trust for anyone, but part of him is surely shocked that Sunstride would have the audacity. To go against her orders under her nose when it was the correct move…how insolent must you be? His hackles are already rising before Sootstar launches her attack on the traitorous deputy. An order is spoken, to attack any who might stand in her way.

Well, they’re now in his way as well. If war is to break out, he shall give his loyalty to the rightful leader. He unleashes his claws, a wicked grin arising from his maw. “Gladly.” Gooseberry yowls a war cry, casting himself into the fray.

// OOC: Anyone is free to attack! Minor wounds of any sort are allowed, but please do not kill him!

( ) The revelation of the traitor among them had sparked something frightfully exciting within Hollowcreek. Keeping Granitepelt at the border had rewarded him a wonderful exchange of knowledge that had his thoughts stirring, buzzing with anticipation of how this tension would rear its ugly head. Sunstride had acted out of turn, behind the queens back like a snake in the tall grasses. While ShadowClan purged a betrayer from their ranks, WindClan had turned to rid of its own.

Only there were far more than than just two within the moors. As Sootstar released her fury at Sunstride he watched them rise like hissing roaches from the heather. They thrash and screech but Hollowcreek has his eyes on a bigger prize.

A sickening smile curved at his maw as he lunged for chocolate tabby, a growl rumbling deep in his chest. "Is this how you fall, Sunstride? Cast out like a filthy rogue?" His claws flexed and a quick flash of claws aimed to strike at Sunstrides chest. A frenzied bloodlust glowed within burnt honey eyes. "Come on! Fight back, traitor. Fight like the rogue you are."

// attacking @SUNSTRIDE
( I SEE YOUR COLLARBONE ; AND WANNA LOSE CONTROL )

• Love
Suddenly— Suddenly, cats are fighting. It isn't just the mean hisses and spits; adult arguments that Pinkpaw couldn't figure out even if she wanted to. It isn't just mean words and growls that made her want to go and find Brightshine, or Heavy Snow. it's claws fighting. It's teeth, and yelling, and threats; and this didn't seem fun at all. Sootstar and Sunstride are fighting, and then it isn't just between them anymore.

Pinkpaw doesn't really get what death is. She doesn't get where you go, or how it feels, but she doesn't think she wanted Sunstride to die. Pinkpaw ought to follow the rules. She shouldn't make Sootstar mad, or Downypaw would be mad, and Brightshine would be mad... When Sootstar commands WindClan, that's her, isn't it? But she doesn't wanna kill Sunstride. Killing was for bad cats, she knows.

She goes away. She goes away to find someone with an answer. Like Sootstar— but she was fighting. Like Sunstride— but he was gonna die. Like Heavy Snow, like Sparkspirit, like Featherpaw, like... " Brightshine! " Pinkpaw cries, and she flings herself at her mom, burying her face in her fur the way she did when she was a kit. " Why's everyone fighting? Am I 'sposed to-tuh kill someone? " Would Downypaw have to kill someone? Or Finchpaw, or Heathpaw, or Featherpaw, or Halfkit?

But Halfkit isn't here anymore, and that's the problem, isn't it? That's why Sootstar's mad, she realizes.
EpC61GT.png

• ooc: hiding by @BRIGHTSHINE!...
  • ( IT'S TIME TO START A FUCKING RIOT, RIOT! ) PINKPAW APPRENTICE OF WINDCLAN. DAUGHTER TO BRIGHTSHINE & HEAVY SNOW. SISTER TO HEATHPAW, DOWNYPAW, & FINCHPAW.
    —— SHE / HER; UNOPPOSED TO THE USE OF OTHERS
    —— CURRENTLY 4 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 16TH

A tiny, longhaired calico she - kit with yellow eyes, ringed blue around her pupils (sectoral heterochromia). While you can clearly see her flame markings on her face, the rest of her body is currently covered by a grey fever - coating. Though the whites of her are still very much visible. Pinkpaw bounces around WindClan without a care in the world! Her emotions are big, and she makes little effort to regulate them, resulting in both her usually cheerful disposition, as well as making her prone to sudden bouts of extreme anger or sadness. Rarely seen without a smile!
    HEAVY IC OPINIONS! Pinkpaw is a very irrational and childish character!​

Reactions: REDHEART

❀༉˖° No.

Sharp claws dug into the soil underneath, as if that'd anchor him to this place, this moment, willing it to tide over and to change back into how it was just moments prior. He had been blissfully unaware of the traitor within their ranks, but- anything was better than this disorienting feeling. He swore his heart would mark the inside of his ribs with bruises with the frantic speed it was beating with, and his head swam with the cursed knowledge bestowed upon it.

Sunstride- first Badgermoon, and now him. Was the role of a deputy always destined to end in traitorous bloodshed? Both times, they had gotten betrayed by the one cat the Clan was supposed to trust in the most, minus Sootstar herself. Peonypaw's gaze bore into the sun-kissed pelt of the warrior that he had always thought as so good. An example to strive for... and now? It all meant nothing but a filthy facade.

Peonypaw's muzzle bristled, pulling back to reveal teeth. It was all chaos- Sootstar had ordered them all to kill Sunstride where he stood, and some had decided to protect him instead. Why? Were they all traitors, too? Hiding in plain sight? Peonypaw had been to stupid to realize, or maybe he just hadn't wanted to realize.

All of them meant family to him, and they were turning on each other one by one.

Sootstar's pained screech had been the cue to jump into action. He'd have to act now, or forever berate himself for not raising a claw against those who were now against what WindClan meant.

Peonypaw hissed as he lunged for his target - Harbingermoon had gotten dogpiled. He raised his claws against @Mouseflight, hoping to rake them against his flank and to stop attacking the ones who were still loyal.
°

Last edited:
It was only a matter of time before something happened. The tension between WindClanners was wound so tightly that it could snap, and all it would take was a breaking point for the gates to break open. This was it. Sunstride had taken those filthy marsh kits back to their own kind. Sunstride was the traitor.

Truth be told, Snakehiss could personally care less about those kits and where they ended up. He had never supported the idea of WindClan housing children stolen from their neighbors, believing it could only invite trouble, but Snakehiss had managed to look past it until now. Sunstride is a traitor. Kill him and anyone who stood in their way, Sootstar orders, as she tried to turn her deputy into crowfood.

He has made it blatantly clear where his loyalties lied up until now — patrolling Highstones, attacking Sedgepounce. However, Snakehiss never anticipated this divide to tear WindClan apart so abruptly and quickly. This was real. This was happening now. Snakehiss stands for a moment, slack-jawed, as cats spiraled into a heated frenzy of tooth and claw. Good StarClan, what did he do? What was the right choice? What do you ask of me, StarClan?! Tell me now! The moor runner pleaded silently to a sky that would not answer, though he was so desperate for answers that he could not help but try.

Then, he was suddenly bowled to the ground. The black tom scrambles to sit upward, jaw clenched, fully preparing himself to face a cat like Sedgepounce or Foxglare before his gaze landed on none other than his own father. "Fight me." He orders, only to Snakehiss' confusion. Shadowsight was no loyalist, so what was he trying to do? "Father, what are you—!"

The bigger, longer-haired tom lunged forward, smacking Snakehiss across the cheek with unsheathed claws. He recoiled immediately, the fresh marks stinging like the scorching sun.

"Fight me like a warrior, damn you!" Shadowsight barks the order. As puzzled as Snakehiss remains, he decides to oblige. The thin-legged male rose to his paws, facing the man who raised him, and practically leaped onto his neck. He bent down, digging his fangs into Shadowsight's chest and tearing, though was careful to inflict a wound too damaging. While held there, Shadowsight hissed lowly into his son's ear, "Should there ever come a day... where that mad woman and her hounds are no longer in power... come find me." Viridian eyes narrowed. "I'll be waiting." Snakehiss understands. A lump forms in his throat, realization dawning upon him and knowing that he will not be able to properly say goodbye to his kin, but he understands why. Shadowsight could not bear to dwell any longer under the rule of a leader he never supported in the first place. However, it was StarClan's plan for Snakehiss to become a leader and take over the moors for himself. He's known this since the day he was brought into the world. He would not fulfill his destiny if he was run out of the clan. Fighting on Sunstride's side was a fool's errand.

In fact, if Shadowsight was doing anything, he was helping his son. There would be no doubt about Snakehiss' loyalty to Sootstar if he was able to fight against his own blood in battle. In that moment, Snakehiss knew that he was a smarter tom than he could ever hope to be. I will bring you back to a moorland cleansed of her filth. I swear it to you. It is what he was always meant to do.

Once the older warrior was sure that his kit understood, he kicked him off and sprung to his paws, quickly moving to dig his teeth into the nape of Snakehiss' neck. He thrashed his head about mildly to amplify the appearance of their "brawl". It wasn't an area that was too sensitive and likely wouldn't cause any major injury. Gritting his teeth, Snakehiss let out a strangled yowl and swiped at Shadowsight, though his father had quickly released his hold and fled, disappearing into the chaos that had erupted in camp.

Farewell.

• not currently open for interaction!
  • gJTx1fs.png
    SNAKEHISS
    —— he/him; moor runner of windclan
    —— bisexual; single; not looking
    —— long-limbed black tom with green eyes, a small white chest patch, and a notable bite mark on his right foreleg
    —— "speech", thoughts, attack
    —— link to full tags; @ on discord for plots.
    —— penned by beatles

Dustwhisker's heart pounds with burning rage as the patrol makes their return to camp, a few extra in their party upon their return. Two ShadowClanners - a warrior and an apprentice, not the kits they'd sought after - and the moor's leader walk with them; news shared, a traitor named.

The tunneler isn't surprised, really. The revelation of a traitor amidst WindClan's ranks was bound to happen sooner or later, with the star-betrothed cats who sleep where Dustwhisker sleeps, but it's who that the dusty tom is hung up on - shocked by, really. Sunstride, Granitepelt had claimed upon Sootstar's arrival to the border, Sunstride stole the kits back, returned them to marshes too weak to raise them right.

The same cat who'd been selected by the moor queen to fill the role of deputy in a time of betrayal, the same cat his kin had once looked up to - a traitor too. Dustwhisker's claws unsheathe at his leader's call, at her orders: kill him, kill them all.

And oh, he doesn't have to be told twice, as his claws ache to tear into traitorous fur. The tom springs into action, aiming to rake his claws over the nearest conspirator's form.

// open to attacks! minor wounds are allowed, but nothing fatal!

Peace was never something that WindClan was known for. There was always some squabble between clanmates or with the other clans. Sootstar had always been a decisive figure, her actions becoming more wild and abrasive in recent moons.

When Sootstar returns with ShadowClan cats behind her, Lilacstem is surprised and curious. For a moment, she thinks this is something to do with the kits WindClan had claimed, or some bizarre attempt to turn attention away from them. What happens next truly surprises her. She claims that Sunstride had betrayed her. She questions why he did this, not giving him a chance to respond to her accusations before launching herself at the deputy. Sunstride does retaliate after a moment, fighting back at her accusations and violent attack, inflicting damage to her as she did to him. Initially thought Sootstar's accusation to be a lie but by Sunstride's reaction it seems there is some truth to it. Betrayal their leader cries. But deep down in her heart, Lilacstem knows whatever he was doing was the right thing.

As all hell breaks loose, Sootstar's followers attacking the "traitors", Lilacstem catches her sisters gaze and swiftly moves to her. "Bright," She says her sister's name with a strained voice. Her gaze sweeps between Brightshine and Pinkpaw cowering at her side. "Whatever happens...I'll keep you safe. Just protect your kits."

Lilacstem butts her head against Brightshine before turning and throwing herself into the fray, defending her kin and defending her home.

She finds herself fighting Dustwhisker, yowling in pain as claws rake down her side. Lilacstem thrashes in his grasp, making some of the wounds worse, but trying to free herself. If there was enough of a gap between them she'd turn rapidly, bringing an unsheathed claw down upon his head, hoping to get him to bleed if she was lucky.

// retaliating against @DUSTWHISKER but open to another opponent too! open to any attacks 😈

-ˋˏ ༻☽༺ ˎˊ- As soon as he had knocked Harbringermoon away, Slatetooth felt the weight of another cat who had lunged at him. With much success, the tinier she-cat is able to hold onto his back, claws razor-sharp tearing down his flank as he began to buck and thrash in an attempt to throw her off. With his average build, he may be able to knock her way, but actually landing a hit on the agile female would require focus - which he was not.

Should Nightmareface be thrown off of him, Slatetooth will begin to lash his claws out towards her in a blind rage, grasping at any surface he can, though he is unlikely to ever hit. Overcome by his anger and misery, his accuracy is low, but should he manage to snag her with his claws, the weight he puts into his swings will make for a deep cut. "Where is your honor?" He spits, with a swing. "Your -" another swing "- compassion?" After his brief outrage, he finds himself heaving for air as he now stands waveringly on all four paws once again. His eyes are locked on Nightmareface, a she-cat he's never spoken to, but knew as one of Sootstar's deranged. "How does it.. feel.." he takes in a shaky breath between each word. "to.. to fight for a cat.. who views you as no more than.. property?" Even now, Sootstar's words ring through his head. You all belong to me! she had stated boldly. If he could put some sense into Nightmareface, he would, but.. given her decree, the threat of his death, it's unlikely.

• interacting with @NIGHTMAREFACE ! you can decide if any of his hits land, but he's lashing out pretty wildly so he's meant not to hit them all, and it's okay if he doesn't hit any! he's out of breath and vulnerable now, powerplay perms are given for cuts, bruises etc, just nothing lethal!
  • SLATETOOTH he/him, moor-runner of windclan, 17 moons.
    a reclusive short-haired black tom with low white and green eyes.
    mate to no one. son of lynxtooth x adelaide. brother to gravelsnap and ashpaw.

Bluepool is a traitor. It only takes a moment for her to decide this, for her to cast her golden-colored eyes upon her sister and upon Sunstride and make this decision. She remembers the flash of teeth above her neck, jaws closing in for the kill, she remembers how the valiant warrior had leaped to her rescue. He had saved her life that day and she owed a debt to him. Sootstar was her sister, but over the past couple of moons she had been forced to watch as the cat she grew up with, the one she loved, slowly slipped away. She was only her sister in name now, a ghost of someone Bluepool once knew, someone she once loved. This is why she turns and she bares her fangs at the nearest cat who still cries out in support of a tyrant.

It gives her no joy, to be attacking clanmates like this, but if she did not she would be forced to watch Sunstride be driven away, killed even. She would be forced to do nothing and stand idly by as her clan devolved into spitting rogues and as her sister forced the claws of every clan in the forest. They would turn on them eventually, WindClan had made no friends after all. Her home would be wiped out if it ever came to that, they simply were not strong enough to fight them all off.

Her claws reach to swipe at white fur, her jaws aim to close in on a shoulder and rip, if she is unsuccessful she would jump away as quickly as she could but if her attack landed she would bury her claws into @Gooseberry 's flank while her teeth ripped into flesh. When she fought there was no mercy, and the same treatment would be given to those who stood in her way, regardless of if they were a clanmate or not.

Brightshine! Her head snaps towards Pinkpaw, who is now pressing into her flank, trembling. Oh thank the stars, one of her kits has found her. Her mind still races, wishing for Downypaw, Finchpaw and Heathpaw to find her, too, but for now her black tail only wraps protectively around her calico daughter. “No, you won’t,” She tells her breathlessly, wide eyes returning to sweeping the clearing that has erupted into a battleground. Lilacstem is there next, telling her to keep her children safe and she’ll keep her safe, before she flings herself into the fray. And seeing her sister fight Dustwhisker, a warrior so loyal to Sootstar…it solidifies her place. That’s that. They must fight for Sunstride. She won’t lose another sister. What does WindClan offer her if all of her kin is gone?

“Stay close to me, don’t leave my side!” She yowls to Pinkpaw before she pushes herself up to stand. She looks around wildly before bounding in Sunstride’s direction, still searching for the rest of her family in the crowd. She slides to a stop, claws gripping the sand next to the deputy, and bares her teeth at all who come close to attack him. Her side has been chosen.

// talking to @PINKPAW
Open for attack