camp i hid behind the chapel ♕ CONFESSION

. ° ✦ The turmoil that had followed immediately after him and his kins ceremonies had left Braveheart feeling defeated. They had Clanmates exiled, harmed, and now... sent away? With loose promises for their return, Leafhusk had taken their kittypetborn cats on her own journey to protect them outside of ThunderClans borders. He couldn't imagine how scared she must be, but she was a fearless cat to commit to the task.

The following day had been an odd one for Braveheart. He was a warrior now, and he felt lost in the complications of his Clans current dynamics. Distrust had sown into the pelts of some, fear into others. What was expected of him in all this? How would his mother expect him to act, when given the information he could not trust one of his own?

There was always one, he felt, who always knew how to feel and what to say in the face of unknown tides. The thought of her made his whiskers twitch and ear-tips burn, and so he rushed about his day to find something worthy to give her. In the midst of all this chaos, of this uncertainty, there was one thing he was sure of!

It was sunhigh on his return with a delicate gait in each step, careful not to break the fragile stems between his teeth. He knew around this time was when she roamed around the ravine, and once he caught sight of her he followed.

"Bravepaw- as if I was not sure before that you suited your name so fantastically." A burst of confidence broke through and he pushed on!

"Thundergleam!" Braveheart called out to her through clenched teeth, and paused in front of her once she turned around. He dropped his gift before her paws, a pair of bright crimson pin cherries. "I collected these for you today, um, they're quite beautiful. They reminded me of your eyes." He forced his voice to remain steady, however he couldn't keep his whiskers from quivering, or his now-suddenly-white tail-tip from twitching rapidly behind him. "I think you-you are quite beautiful all over, Thundergleam! And I admire how you stay so calm, even when things feel so loud and... and confusing."

He shifted the weight on his paws, and dramatically dipped his head into a bow. "I have vowed to protect and defend my Clan, but I would be most honored to protect you, Thundergleam, with my heart and soul as... as your mate!" He said it! At last the words he had kept bound within him had come forth, and now that he was a warrior they could be together!

° .  . ° 
  • ooc: — this is NOT a pafp! and takes place the day after the meeting! @THUNDERGLEAM
  • BRAVEHEART — HE/HIM ・ 11 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & WARRIOR ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby with a white locket and deep blue eyes. A large cat who stands tall and proud. His coat is thick with long wispy curls. Severe scars from owl talons stretch across his shoulders and another that starts from his back down his left thigh.

The day following the vigil was... strange. Antlerbreeze wasn't rested, her eyes felt like someone had drizzled sand into them, and any piece of prey that she looked at reminded her of red, red, red. A soft breath left her as she turned her nose away, appetite still destroyed, vision shifting towards a friend of hers. She blinked gently at Braveheart- which caused her to wince anyways, her eyes bleary from lack of sleep- and when she was seeing straight again, he stood in front of a certain white furred she-cat.

Pin cherries were grasped in his jaws, delicately held to preserve them. A wind rustled past, her own gifts pressed to her skin- cardinal feather in her scruff, evergrowing strawberries and their leaves. A gift. For who? Surely it wasn't for- Antlerbreeze was slowly inhaling as she looked on at the situation. The smaller she-cat was on her paws within moments of Braveheart's confident confession, padding to the side of her sister nearby- flank pressing into Doepath.

She whispered, beneath the sound of Braveheart- and likely Thundergleam responding- to her sister exactly what was going on, her tone a hint shocked. She didn't see this coming, not really. Antlerbreeze's vision lifted in a hint of worry, waiting with bated breath and slightly bit tongue to see what exactly was about to happen.
  • "speech"
  • ANTLERBREEZE she/her, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    LH cinnamon lynx sepia with low white. smaller body, agile and slippery, fits really well in small gaps in the underbrush. soft spoken but strong and determined.
    previously mentored by howlingstar / / mentoring no one
    padding after no one / / sibling to fallowbite and doepath
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Concern still gripped Thundergleam's gut for the departed kittypet-born, dead or alive ... they hung in limbo now. The only comfort that was offered to her was the knowledge that StarClan's sight stretched past ThunderClan's borders, and they would be watching over Leafhusk and her troupe. Over Stormywing - she found it was her former mentor she missed the most, a twist of discomfort clearly felt in her stomach whenever she thought of something having happened to her. But- no, no. That was ... was foolish to allow suffering to root within her. The concern would spread into anxiety, and that- that feeling could boulder upon her back until it snapped her spine.

Snowy lashes fluttered closed; a silent prayer sprawled through her mind, but was cleaved by a bright voice. Pale eyes met Braveheart's face as she turned around- as if it was the easiest thing in the world, a smile found its way upon her face. A grin would find Thundergleam as easily as water could slip through pebble-gaps; at the sight of a friend, it was easier still. Braveheart's tireless enthusiasm and namesake boldness were greatly appreciated, truly ...

Though if you had asked her of that same opinion a few moments later, she may not have implied he could do anything he set his mind to.

He started off quite well, and Thundergleam thought nothing of his words, similar to any glowing praise she gave, though- she was quite sure she did not get called beautiful, not so openly ... nor did she feel particularly flattered hearing it from a tom. But Braveheart did have a beautiful soul- it glowed from his name with great fervour. Cherries- her smile sweetened as she looked down upon them- quite beautiful, indeed, as many glowing things of crimson were. In nature, little miracles like this-

Oh, but it did not end there- she had opened her mouth to return a compliment, to vow to find him a gift to solidify their friendship, but ... then, with a sickening lurch she watched in slow motion as the word mate left his maw.

Now, Thundergleam had never been trampled by a monster, but she imagined it sounded quite similar to this- feeling quite sick and dizzy all of a sudden, her smile faltered a little bit with the shock. Rosy eyes widened a little, crimson pupils darting left and right - oh, in camp, as well? Her feet knit together. It was ... it had never been in the plan of her life to have a mate... it had been an idea never dwelled upon. Father had a mate once (was that her Mother?), but for her?

A soft furrow found its place on porcelain features. Thundergleam took a deep breath, and let a composed smile find its way onto her features, eyes beginning to flood with sincerity. "Braveheart ..." She lowered her voice, trying to lessen the blow for him. Guilt crawled dark through her body- it was hot and prickly, and made her want to claw snowy fur from her skin. "I am flattered ... very much that a wonderful tom like you might find me a worthy companion. I have a great amount of affection for you, but ..." And perhaps he could feel that but before it came, "But I see you as a very loyal friend to me. I - I cannot be your mate."

Embarrassment finally began to crumble Thundergleam's composure. She felt as if she might et sun-burned just by standing ... and never before had she wished to cease to exist. ThunderClan was giving her many firsts, and she was quite sure she had never been so motrified in her life, nor had she likely made another feel such a barrelling rejection. She was not supposed to cause suffering ...
penned by pin ☾

. ° ✦ The pause between his proposition and any sound, even a single breath, from her maw felt like agonizing second after second. Braveheart, entering the scene so confident and self assured that Thundergleam had felt the same, had begun to sense the opposite creep in as each moment passed.

It would be foolish not to see what a horrid decision it was, to profess in such a display with so many eyes to see. Braveheart hadn't even thought of what sort of pressure that could place on the molly, assuming she wouldn't hesitate to agree. He hadn't thought it through much at all. In the passage of shared strengths and kind exchanges, Braveheart's feelings grew and he assumed Thundergleam must have felt the same?

His eyes tipped up from the ground to meet hers once again and found no elation in her gaze. No sense of joy in either her smile or her voice as she so kindly, softly, said his name. The ticking clock to his confident had begun to wind down and the heat that normally flooded his cheeks in bashful timidness now developed into unbearable embarrassment. And she must feel that, too.

"Uh- Oh. Okay." The new warrior is... dumbfounded. This was not how he anticipated this to go. Her words hitting like daggers for each gentle blow.

A loyal friend.

Great StarClan! How could words hurt so much like claws and teeth? His ears fold backwards and he avoided her cherried gaze in favor of his paws that now nervously toiled at the earth.

"I'm sorry, Thundergleam, I thought- well you're..." His spirit is crumbling within him like dirt beneath his paw. He wished he could take it back now, unsay it all and tuck it back into his heart. "I understand. I like being your friend, I would like to keep being your friend, if that's okay." He quickly swiped the back of his paw over his eye, denying himself the need to cry. He would do that later... somewhere not so openly seen.
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc:
  • BRAVEHEART — HE/HIM ・ 11 MOONS ・ THUNDERCLAN & WARRIOR ・ PENNED BY beatae!
    A Longhaired chocolate tabby with a white locket and deep blue eyes. A large cat who stands tall and proud. His coat is thick with long wispy curls. Severe scars from owl talons stretch across his shoulders and another that starts from his back down his left thigh.

YqtPvvc.png

.𓍊↟ DOWN THE BANK WHERE THE DOGS ROAM, POR LA CALLE QUE TE LLEVA A CURICÓ ↟𓍊.
jFAjt8v.png

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚. — Gentlestorm had been resting near his den with his limbs sprawled out rather lazily though the movement of his nephew catches his eye and one of his thick eyebrows quirk as the newly made warrior strides over to Thundergleam with confidence. It doesn't click in his mind at all that Braveheart would take a risk and expose himself entirely for the pale molly nor that he would be so vulnerable in front of everyone's eyes in camp. It makes his pelt prickle with unease as Braveheart speaks from the heart vowing that he would protect Thundergleam with his heart and soul that it makes him inwardly wince. Had Batwing confessed to Leopardtongue like this or maybe himself when he was sobbing in the caves proclaiming his love for Little Wolf after she uttered those words to him first? It makes him want to bury himself into a mound of leaves to never be seen again but his face remains the same in fear of Braveheart catching a glimpse of his secondhand embarrassment.

Thundergleam proves to be merciful and gentle with her rejection despite the way her words stab into the chest of his nephew, the large medicine cat stays where he is with bated breath as his honeyed gaze locks onto Braveheart to see his reaction to the rejection. He could practically see the confidence of the newly made warrior crumbling before his eyes and that's when Gentlestorm disappears like a ghost only to push through the fern tunnel as he makes his way over to his nephew, he bumps his shoulder to his as he feels the sting in his own heart when a chocolate paw swipes away at tears. "Braveheart! There you are, I was waiting for you to tell me when you were ready! You offered to help me find some marigold, remember? My supply is almost gone!" He says this despite having several vibrant blooms ready to use back inside of his den and Gentlestorm uses his shoulder to nudge Braveheart forward hoping that he would understand.

"It's been a while since you helped me so indulge me this once." He adds in a warm tone hoping that he's clear enough for the young warrior to understand and turns briefly to Thundergleam with a semi-apologetic look. It would disappear the moment that Braveheart glanced in his direction once more and he offered an exhausted smile "My eyes and ears aren't what they used to be... It must be my old age." A chuckle slips from his maw though he inwardly winces again at the thought of calling himself old, he parts from Braveheart's side already making a beeline towards the camp entrance and nods in his direction to follow. Great Starclan... Why did Batwing have to die? Why did Leopardtongue had to die? They could've been here to soothe the sting of rejection for their son not him of all cats.

pp8zRLW.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿❀❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 53DAF6v.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    58 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    demiromantic bisexual ; widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

*+:。.。 Bugpaw, ever the optimist, can't help but swoon at the sight.

Although the fluffy clouds has since turn into storm with a patter of tension-riddled rain, her heart is still hammering for Braveheart's daringness. To be so bold with your love and adoration; to look at someone and call them beautiful without shame or regret...Bugpaw cups her cheek in her paw, eyes blinking shut dreamily as she wonders if this was what Flycatcher had said to Flamewhisker. Although she feels terrible for Braveheart's broken heart, she's left terribly confused by Thundergleam's decision. How it could be that love wasn't so easily reciprocated was beyond her - if a cat confessed to Bugpaw like that, she'd fall for them there and then!

As Gentlestorm drags the defeated tom away and Thundergleam is left to boil in embarrassment, Bugpaw is left only sighing among the clouds, wondering what it must feel like to fall in love...

She also makes a mental note to sneak flowers into Braveheart's nest later, just to make sure he's okay!

• GENERAL:
    Bugpaw
    DFAB— She/Her
    6 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Daughter to Flamewhisker and Flycatcher
    Sibling to Falconheart, Stormfeather, Lilykit, Butterflykit, Scorchedpaw, Squirrelpaw, Sunpaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice

COMBAT:
    Physically easy | mentally easy
    Attack in bold pink
    injuries: None currently

• Dead
Reactions: GENTLESTORM

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Under the second-paw embarrassment the lead warrior feels for Braveheart, Roeflame finds herself actually admiring the young warriors boldness. Perhaps, if more cats could have that kind of courage, there’d be a lot less petty drama to gossip about. Roeflame stops that thought in its tracks, reminding herself that her days of gossip were over… for the most part.
She wasn’t sure what drew her to watch the scene unfold nearby Gentlestorm, maybe because being near someone made it less obvious how intently she was watching. Thundergleams rejection is kind, and weirdly still whimsical sounding. As Gentlestorm pushes to his paws and disappears into his den, Roeflame rises to her own, tje realization clicking when he hustles back out. One bushel of the yellow flowers wouldn’t give the young tom nearly enough time away from this rejection. Roeflame comes trotting over on the medicine cats heels. “Don’t forget the uh… lavender and juniper berries,” Roeflame taps her chest with a light faux-cough, giving them a slight wave of her forepaw as Gentlestorm aimed to begin guiding Braveheart towards the exit. “Take your time, though!” Whether Braveheart wanted the excuse to get away or not, it was more of a need- besides, who would he be to deny help for the raspy-breathed Lead Warrior, fresh out of the nursery?

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.