camp I THOUGHT I WANTED FAME — patrol return

𓍊𓋼 Raccoonstripe puts forth a valiant attempt to defend them all, to make what they’d done seem like the right thing to do, and yet Falconheart only withers further as he is faced with reality. They’d broken the code. He’d broken the code. And no one in ThunderClan thinks they did the right thing. Gentlestorm’s booming voice makes him flinch, bicolored eyes squeezing shut, but they flash open again when Skyclaw refuses the medicine cat’s aid. He doesn’t… doesn’t like the other warrior anymore, but that doesn’t mean he wants Skyclaw to be hurt as badly as he is. Luckily, Dawnglare doesn’t even seem fazed by the outright betrayal, and insists upon the younger tom getting attention for his wounds.

But Falconheart has much greater problems than his former friend’s health. He spots a ginger-striped form, and his face falls… she must have noticed. His fears are confirmed when his mother storms her way over to stand beside Howlingstar—her gaze catches on him, promising a harsh scolding, but for now she only snaps at him. "I’m sorry," he says, guilt filling his voice. "I just thought—the kits, what if they didn’t have enough to eat?" You can’t lose anyone else, he wants to say. Instead, he drops his gaze to his paws once again, allowing Raccoonstripe to continue the argument in his own favor.

• ooc:
  • 80687246_bUlIUCNEIyetYd8.png
    FALCONHEART ❯❯ he/him, thunderclan warrior
    shorter than average cream tabby with white spotting. seems gloomy and has few friends, but is a hard worker and never neglects his duties.
    son of flamewhisker and flycatcher ; brother to stormfeather, scorchedkit, mothkit, sunkit, squirrelkit, sparrowpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

❝ it's gonna hurt for a bit of time ❞

Lightflower paused in her grooming, her skin still itchy from falling in the brambles the other day. A volley of "SkyClan" and "trespassing" caught her attention. They stole? Similarly to Badgerstripe, she was selfishly relieved that they weren't the most recent scandal anymore. Less similarly, she was outright disgusted with the patrol. Theft, and not to mention while Dawnglare currently resided within their very walls. The SkyClan medicine cat at least seemed to be taking it in stride. She supposed that was one of the reasons for him being a medicine cat. The level head and all. She would rather starve twice over to feed the kits than steal.
✿✿✿

The catch deposited within the nursery made the tortoiseshell's eyes gleam. But as quickly as her brother dropped the tantalizing meal he was gone without a word. Her maw parts, tempted to call out to the fawn warrior and thank him but the sudden wind of hostility whipped into the air. As Flamewhisker rose to leave their nest and join Howlingstar's side, Scorchedkit peeked around the corner. Prey forgotten, little ears prick forward, listening to angered shouts fly back and forth. There in the center of camp, Raccoonstripe stands tall despite it all and her eyes drift to her mother, watching as she fussed at Falconheart over the prey he brought.

A small frown spreads across her lips as she glances back at the plump prey resting near her nest. "Is this bad food?" She thought to herself, gaze panning back to the scene unfolding before her. "Mama," Scorchedkit called, coming out to stand just a couple of steps away from the nursery's entrance. "C-can I still eat it? If it's bad food then I won't, I promise." The young molly added nervously given the intensity of the situation.
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶   thunderclan kit / four months / she/her  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

As she waits for her son's answer, her ears flick sideways as Gentlestorm storms out of his den to scold the warriors. Normally, she would not want a medicine cat to get involved in warrior matters, but in this case he is absolutely right. SkyClan had been generous enough to send their medicine cat here full-time to ensure ThunderClan would have a fully trained healer. And that is the one clan her son chose to raid? She levels Skyclaw with look, one that is still bewildered, and hisses lowly, "Get to his den, now. And do as he says." She doesn't need her grandson's wounds getting infected on top of all of this - in the name of what, pride? Before Raccoonstripe gets the chance to speak, it is Wrathpaw that speaks up to explain, and Howlingstar turns a furious look on the brand new apprentice. "Silence," She orders, ears pinning. Wildheart scolds his apprentice, and she turns a look of scrutiny onto him. "The first thing you do with your new apprentice is take him to break the Warrior Code? Shape up, Wildheart. Shape up all of you mentors that took part in this, and think about what you are teaching your apprentices. Do you think this is honor?" She looks once more to Wrathpaw and shakes her head in disappointment. "Every apprentice's first Gathering is a tradition they all look forward to. You will not take part. None of you will go to this Gathering or I fear the very sight of your faces will cause a fight to break out."

Her eyes drift to Roeflame and Flamewhisker who have departed from the nursery to learn what has happened. The former seems defeated as Raccoonstripe answers her evenly, and Howlingstar meets his gaze with disappointment and exasperation. "You have broken the Warrior Code," She hisses desperately, trying to search his expression for any form of guilt. Does her son care so little for the laws that must keep them all safe? The laws that keep the peace? But as he answers her deputy's question, she finds in herself some understanding. Raccoonstripe has acted only with ThunderClan's best interest at heart. She cannot fault him fully for that. But still, she narrows her eyes and utters, "Go to my den. I will meet you there." She will speak privately with him about this matter.

Scanning the cats around her, she sees some of the participants with defiance in their eyes while others' faces harbor guilt. Falconheart's head is dipped, an apology flowing freely from his jaws. She turns her muzzle sharply towards Thistlepaw who speaks out and a growl leaves her throat at the apprentice's gall. "You will not speak to warriors that way. You broke the Code and so you will listen to the ire of your clanmates." Suddenly feeling exhausted, she shakes her head and begins to turn tail to her den, where she plans to meet her son. "Clear out and get hunting. Anyone who is hurt will see Gentlestorm. I will have to fix this with Orangestar myself." Sharpened eyes scan the crowd one more time before she stalks towards the Highrock, tail lashing behind her in frustration.

• Nervous
Reactions: Lightflower
He wants nothing more than to rage. His pelt bristles further, his ears pinning back, but beneath the anger — hurt. Betrayal. He looks at Howlingstar with his jaw tight and his eyes wide, chest heaving with his mouth opening as if he might find words for what he feels. I don't understand comes closest. Because he doesn't. Her anger with them, the fact that he is no closer to an answer with what she had said. He would listen. But why should he obey? Why does this code mean more than his clan? Why, why, why. So many questions and no answers. But he becomes abruptly aware that he would not find them in this gathering of cats who see fit to chastise them. Even the ones that had walked alongside Raccoonstripe across the border seem pitiful now. Hiding themselves. Hiding behind some shield of shame as if that will save them from any of this.

My clanmates don't get to choose to starve, he wants to howl. But in the end, they do. Or Howlingstar will make it for them. The treacherous thought is swiftly smothered. Thistlepaw keeps his mouth shut even though his chest still fills and drops in rapid pushes. His own tail lashing behind him, he follows her command to disperse without another word.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐋𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐖. HE - HIM. YOUNG APPRENTICE OF THUNDERCLAN. ————— the son of an ex-kittypet has spent most of his life confined to the medicine den. bad circumstances and worse healing left him in a limbo between life and death which he only just escaped. there's still recovering to do before his clanmates see him as anything more than a weak, sick kittypet.   PENNED BY REVELATIONS

a prickly-furred chocolate and slate cat with amber eyes. though with a blocky, nearly bulky frame, thistlepaw has been softened, rounded, and stretched thin by his uncertain life. without work or play to thicken the pads of his paws or add strength to his limbs, his skin plays like canvas stretched taut over its frame, his fur a hazy cloak to cover the sickness. he seems soft and unwell in equal measure. certainly not an apprentice to be. . .