camp I'LL SWEEP THE STARDUST FOR YOU — PREPARING

── .∘°°∘. ── //please wait for @VENOMSTRIKE :) also a note that this is shortly before the illness really sets in

"You are certain you do not mind?" Wolfsong asks for possibly the third time since Venomstrike offered his services, his sole eye regarding the darker feline, slightly overstrung. Sunstride is still fetching more material from the moors, and while he will likely return soon, Wolfsong would begin outfitting the medicine den without delay. Of course, it is much easier said than done; he can only carry so much at once these days, and he cannot make as many trips back and forth before his joints protest the strain of added weight.

It is kind of Venomstrike to help transport patches of gorse and grasses. The gorse will separate a section of the medicine den from the rest, while softer plants will protect the kits from harming themselves on the wall when they are old enough to crawl. "I can ask another warrior, or simply wait for my mate to return."
border2.png
little_elli.png
WOLFSONG of WINDCLAN FORMER ROGUE TURNED MEDICINE CAT. 36 MOONS, HE/HIM, NPC X NPC. MATES WITH SUNSTRIDE (07/05/2023). BIOGRAPHY, PINTEREST, & PLAYLIST.
  • ★★★☆☆ WOUNDS: You're (mostly) in safe paws. You'll know if he's less experienced if he asks for your permission to try a treatment. No wound can scare him away from knowledge. — ★★★☆☆ INFECTION: He can prevent most infections. If you feel feverish, let him know— he'll hum thoughtfully over herbs and sniff your wound before saying, "With your blessing..."
  • ★☆☆☆☆ ACHES & PAINS: If you complain to him of pain, he'll ask where. If it's a headache, you'll likely feel a bit better. For anything else, "Try this, if you'd like, and tell me how you feel." — ★☆☆☆☆ BROKEN BONES: At best. he can ask you to remain lying down in the den. He may try to distract you with conversation while he considers what herb to feed you.
  • ★★★★★ TRAVELING HERBS: Going somewhere? No worries; Wolfsong knows just what you need to stay hale and healthy during your journey. The rest is up to you. — ☆☆☆☆☆ KITTING: He doesn't remember what it was like to be born. Coincidentally, that is the extent of his familiarity with kitting. At least he won't leave you without moral support.
  • ★☆☆☆☆ POISONS: It's best if you avoid eating anything unfamiliar to you— it's probably just as unfamiliar to Wolfsong. The best he can do is offer you yarrow and sit with you. — ★★☆☆☆ ILLNESS: If it's white or greencough, you'll likely recover. Otherwise, prepare for odd concoctions and the usual request that you consent to a little trial-and-error.

( 🐍 ) "You are certain you do not mind?"

Venomstrike is practically beaming at the chance of helping Wolfsong with whatever he needs, his jaws full of gorse and grasses before placing it down with a shake of his head offering the other a gentle, reassuring smile as he speaks "I'm certain, I'm g-glad to be helping you really, Wolfsong. I do not mind." Truly, he does not mind in the least and feels nice that he's able to aid the expectant medicine cat with this task and preparation for the arrival of his kittens. His large paw separating the grass from the gorse that he collected before his gaze would focus to Wolfsong once more. There's a question on his tongue that he wished to ask but felt it may be rude even if it was curiosity he felt and well, kittens were a blessing from Starclan.

"Are y-you excited?" The question slips from his maw as he turns his attention to Wolfsong once more and by the way, the medicine cat was making all these preparations for his kittens. Excitement may as well be an understatement. The brief thought of having kittens of his own one day making him feel lightheaded but in a good way, he brushes the thought away knowing that wouldn't be for a long time and he already had been taking care of Redkit lately so he was happy were he was now.
( ME GUSTA LA MAÑANA; ME GUSTAS TÚ )

Cottonpaw lingers in the medicine den, two piles of leafy herbs settled before her. It's a simple training exercise to keep her busy while her mentor nests - separate the two herbs from one another. An untrained eye, such as her own, would decide that the piles are definitively different. Wolfsong's, however, might parse out that the two groupings are still terribly mixed. Even worse, she's already forgotten the names of the two herbs she's working with.

"Oh, are you guys making a little mini nursery?" the two toms serve as a distraction from her monotonous work. She twists to see them, not yet abandoning her piles. "Can I help? Pleaaaase? I know just where to find a bunch of feathers!" maybe then she can will Sunflowerpaw to help her in the venture. Or Snakehiss; she's been enjoying the tom's company almost as much lately.​

”It’s your job to be helping him now, isn’t it?” Harrierpaw meows as he comes to a halt at the outskirts of the medicine cats den. Cottonpaw has been out of the apprentices den for awhile now, it was strange to see her pursuing the route of a healer… but StarClan beckons.

’It didn’t sound like she making out to be the greatest tunneler, anyway.’ His inner-voice snickers in mockery not unheard of from brother to sister.

Harrierpaw does not verbally offer help, but his yellow eyes lock onto Wolfsong. They glow blankly, it would appear he’s standing by for orders on how to assist.
  • » Harrierpaw
    » WindClan Apprentice
    » He/him
    » A black and chocolate chimera with golden eyes.
    » "Speech"thoughtsattack
  • » A foe who uses jeers and jaunts to distract his opponents.
    » Excels in using terrain to his advantage.
    » Fights to outwit and see another day.
    » May powerplay minor harm. Can powerplay healing

Redkit found it unusual not to see Venomstrike by this time of day, and the young WindClan kit was growing increasingly worried.

Maybe he's on another patrol? This thought eased his concerns slightly, though he couldn't help but fixate on Venomstrike's absence. It had become a comforting routine, and a small part of him always dreaded being left alone.

Peering around the quiet nursery, Redkit noticed no incoming cats and decided to explore on his own. He left the small secured enclosure and scanned the bustling camp, still without any sign of Venomstrike. A frown formed on Redkit's maw as he wandered about, deftly navigating between larger groups and dodging paws in his path.

His search came to a halt when he caught the familiar scent of his caretaker emanating from the medicine den. Excitement bubbled in his chest, and without a moment's hesitation, he bounded forward, passing by Harrierpaw and settling next to Cottonpaw. Spotting the rugged warrior brought on a wave of relief.

Though he hadn't heard the entirety of their conversation, Redkit had gleaned enough to piece together that Venomstrike was assisting Wolfsong with nest-making. "I can help too if you'd like!" Redkit exclaimed enthusiastically, waving his feathery tail with delight.

They were eager to do something, anything, that didn't involve sitting idly in the nursery. His green eyes pleaded with both the Medicine Cat and his caretaker.

Last edited:
♢​ THIS IS HOW LEGENDS ARE MADE ♢​

honeypaw & 09 moons & trans. male & he/him & windclan moor runner apprentice

Honeypaw is a cheerful tom at least when he's around his clanmates - bright honey and cinnamon pelt makes his presence hard to miss as he joins the group, stout figure looking over the materials gathered. An approving nod is given - "Feathers and fur will help soften any hard landing," he agrees - he'd once done something similar for his own sister, frail and fragile as she had been laying at their mothers paws. Those days are gone now - beepaw's even made it to her apprenticeship alongside everyone else, but the memories remain. The fear - the joy. All of it has made honeypaw who he is today, and he doesn't mind sharing a bit of his knowledge with wolfsong. His kits will be of windclan after all, hearty and strong warriors just like their parents.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • [bimg]url here[/bimg]
    a strange looking feline with nearly every shade of red upon his coat, and a badger-like mask of white upon his face. honeypaw is usually quite friendly and outgoing, an upbeat sort of personality; but when faced with those outside of windclan his demeanor is brutal and scathing.

physically medium && mentally medium
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#fed053]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

The day is golden and bright. Greenleaf lingers over the moor like the coals of a burnt-out fire, burnished and warm and homely and only just starting to cool. Sedgepaw relishes it as he steps through the gorse wall—and then is immediately distracted when Redkit nearly crashes into his legs. Escaped kitten! Sedgepaw looks this way, then that way, idly and amusedly waiting for someone to have noticed the boy scampering around so that he could be recollected. But...no one seems to bat an eye. Sedge's head whips left, then right, then left again. Nope. Everyone just goes on with their day, blissfully unaware.

Huh.

That afternoon's hunted moss still clutched between his teeth, Sedgepaw trails after Redkit listlessly. Just to make sure the kid doesn't try to burrow under the camp wall, or get spontaneously picked up by a hawk. Not that he feels particularly inconvenienced by the whole thing. He remembers when Venomstrike found Redkit on the border, those short few nights ago. It's good to know that the kitten is thriving.

Redkit bumbles around and turns himself in circles twice before he finds what he was apparently looking for. Sedgepaw is smiling around his collection of moss...before he looks up and realizes where they've ended up.

Oh. The medicine den.

Sedgepaw's face spasms like he's been physically struck by lightning. He stops much farther than the rest of the crowd gathered around the den, but not so far that he could slip away unnoticed. StarClan, even just looking at it makes him feel so...he feels like...he's so. So.

Before he can turn around and scamper away like a fool, Sedgepaw drops his collection of moss at his feet and throws a paw across his forehead dramatically. "Oh, noooo. It appears that I'm too weak and feeble to carry this moss anymore. If only there were someone strong enough to give to Wolfsong for me!" he bemoans loudly. The moss wasn't actually for Wolfsong. It was just meant to be nesting material stored in camp, so. It was applicable.

As soon as Redkit grabs at the moss (hopefully) or someone else conveniently takes pity on him, Sedgepaw will all too eagerly escape the whole situation. If he never has to be here again, never again reminded of how he wandered around the den like a lost kitten for weeks, it will be too soon.​

If ears could spontaneously burn, Redkit's tufted triangles would be ablaze. It took everything in his tiny existence not to squeal at the top of his lungs - ME! ME! Instead his head whipped around at break neck speed. Greedily they took in the white splotched feline's exaggerated display.

The intent flew right over the young tom's head, but the words resonated perfectly, satisfying Redkit's need for inclusion. Puffing out his ruddy chest, the tiny feline weaved past the two apprentices and headed toward the den's entrance, arriving near where Sedgepaw had dropped the harvested moss.

Giddy with enthusiasm, Redkit nodded his rounded head, enlarged pupils gleaming with determination. Clearing his throat and striving to sound 'brave and big,' he addressed the tabby. "I am more than strong enough, I swear! I can take care of this stuff for you, no problem, Sedgepaw." They raised and waved a paw in a relaxed gesture, poorly attempting not to reveal his eagerness.

Innocent wisdom echoed in Redkit's next string of meows. "Get some rest and drink lots and lots of water!" It was a phrase he had heard many times during the widespread illness.

Despite the innocence of his intended words, it had the potential to ruffle some pelts. Bending down, he began to arrange the moss into a neat pile, opening wide to gather it all. When he stands upright, little bits of moss fall gently to the ground and cling to his cheeks and chest.

Unfazed by the messiness, he gave the other cat an additional nod. This one a kind farewell before turning and running back to Venomstrike and Wolfsong. Squeezing in beside his caretaker, Redkit unceremoniously plops the moss beside the scarred tabby's own scattered pile.

Glancing up at Venomstrike with pride, and a sense of accomplishment enveloping the young tom like the softest nest in the world. Cheekily, he hoped it would please both the adults and apprentices.