I'LL WRECK THIS IF I HAVE TO [HUNTING PATROL]

Rowanthorn

I'VE CARVED MY OWN PATH.
Jul 7, 2024
Everything is different now. Seeing Flamestar atop the Highrock addressing the Clan as its rightful Leader was a much needed change from the tyranical Skyclaw but it was still odd. The phantom presence of Howlingstar was still felt, and oftentimes he was left astonished at seeing a fiery pelt atop the stone rather than the brown he'd grown used to. It was always like this, he supposed. . . takes time to get used to so much happening in such a short time.

Leafhusk is the one to assign the patrols today. Rowanthorn doesn't do anything but nod as he's assigned to lead one of the hunting patrols. As the she-cat is still recovering in Gentlestorm's den, he figures he might as well take her apprentices along. After gathering the two and his on apprentice, Stormywing and Roeflame join in with their own trainees as well. "Great Sycamore," He mews simply, matter-of-factly. It's quite a lot of cats, but they need to stock up the prey-pile before Leaf-bare comes, like Leafhusk had said.

"Let me know if you smell anything." He says to Wolfpaw, then to Orangepaw and Fadingpaw. Part of him hopes Stormywing and Roeflame will said him in caring for Leafhusk's apprentices, too.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
If there was one thing the Lead Warrior knew how to do, it was keep busy. With two apprentices on her paws, deputy responsibilities on rotation between the other Lead Warriors, and being reunited with her mate and friends, Roeflame left hardly any time in the day to be left to her own presence.

Rowanthorns hunting patrol was the perfect opportunity to give Dwindlingpaw and Dovepaw some experience in group hunting settings and catch up with Stormywing, who’s shoulder the warrior was glued to now.

“I’m ready for leaf-fall to be here already. It’s still too hot.” Her grumble is light-hearted and accompanied with a frivolous whisk of a silvery tail. Leaf-fall was one of her favorite seasons, both for the comfortable mild temperatures and because the golden-toned season never failed to bring her back to when Burnstorm first called her his mate, and him hers.

The group begins to spread a bit around the Great Sycamore, and Roeflame only takes a heartbeat to admire the massive tree in all its greatness. They had an army of apprentices on their paws today, and Roeflame gives a scheming glance to Stormywing and Rowanthorn.

“We’ve got a lot of paws today, how about we do partner hunting? Practicing teamwork never hurts.” Roeflame tips her chin towards the gathered apprentices, before her eyes move back towards the warriors to gauge their reactions.

• second apprentice tag — @Dovepaw

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.