i'm fanning the flames to climb so high - meeting 10/30

"AND THOUGH THE EMBERS ARE NEW, WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T LET THE FIRE DIE"
"Let all cats old enough to catch their own pray gather around the high rock for a clan meeting!" Emberstar's voice rang out over Thunderclan from atop highrock. The last moon had not been kind to her, and the gathering had only further rattled her. This meeting, at least, would be a happy occasion. It always delighted her to give out promotions and the like, and that was all their was to do.

Though, she thought with a flick of her ear, perhaps it would do some good to address the situation with Shadowclan. It felt strange to not mention the events of the gathering at all, with how heavily they weighed on her mind.

WE'VE BEEN DOIN' ALL THIS LATE NIGHT TALKIN' ✧
Watching from the nursery, the boy glances to the side as cats gather at Emberstar's call. His ear twitches curiously- would they become apprentices soon? He sure hoped so. His tail swishes behind him, eyes squinting to look at Emberstar's brilliant form atop the highrock.

TvtU4Ek.png
sauntering besides her brother at the entrance of the nursery, crescentkit would watch the older felines of thunderclan pause whatever it was they were doing to gather underneath the highrock at the call of emberstar. the young kitten wondered just who among the crowd was gonna get picked out to be an apprentice or warrior?
[ penned by cobi ]

Too young to properly attend the meeting, Howlkit had to satisfy her curiosity by watching from the entrance of the nursery. She would not be an apprentice this moon but soon it would be her turn to sit below the highrock, gain a new name and a mentor. "What do you think Emberstar will announce?" She asked, looking between her siblings.

( ) Deep in a conversation with another warrior about apprentice training, at Emberstar’s call for a meeting, they broke away from their conversation and padded over to join the rest of the clan. She wondered what this would be about. No doubt a recap on the gathering and probably more about Shadowclan. The orange tabby glanced around for the familiar grey figure of Flycatcher. When she spotted him, she trotted over to sit beside him.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

Sunfreckle yawned, lone forepaw outstretched as he perched comfortably in the mouth of the nursery to peer out; a sideye cast to Little Wolf's kits chatting among themselves as they tried to get a peek of the meeting as well and he couldn't help but chuckle. Already so eager to leave were they? Couldn't blame them, sometimes it got a little suffocating in here and he longed to be able to go on walks through the forest once more. He also selfishly missed sleeping with Rabbitnose, not having his mate present had been anxiety inducing at the beginning because they'd never been apart before, but now it was less severe and he could sleep; he just wished he didn't have to be alone. Little Wolf was lovley, as were her kits and his, but he deeply wanted to press his face into warm fur and feel comfortable again.
He did wonder what this meeting was about. He assumed it should be mostly good news, but it was hard to tell when he was confined to camp.

Like his siblings, Burnkit was also technically too young to be in attendance he sits at the entrance to the nursery among all the others, his inky black pelt blending into the shadows. Fireflykit and Howlkit just watch quietly, but Howlkit asks a question and his yellow eyes find the face of his sister. Playfully, he reaches out with a paw and pushes her, though the effort behind the gesture is minimal. "She's probably going to tell the whole clan how I totally beat your ass at moss ball!" he teases. Ass was a fun word he had learned from his uncle, Gray. He wasn't totally certain he had used it right but he's proud of the new word he had picked up just by listening! He felt so smart at that moment, not knowing that it was a foul word that would more than likely get him scolded later. His eyes search the crowd, searching for any kits that stood out or warriors that looked smug. Usually, the cats that looked smug or extra groomed were the ones who were getting to leave the nursery soon. As Sunfreckle comes to the entrance of the den and sits among them he wonders if his kits would be made apprentices at this meeting. He was excited to hopefully get the den to just him and his siblings soon. No more having to share!

'Let—' that's it, that's all she has to hear from Emberstar before she's bolting for highrock (carefully avoiding the small forms of her cousins, but not really giving a shit if she bumps into anyone else. Especially if it's Stagstrike, she wants to """bump into""" Stagstrike and maybe accidentally verbally obliterate him. That's have to wait for later though. Now, now it was important for her to look presentable, plucked and preened (or whatever the hell birds do she sucks at metaphors.)

Chest puffed out and ears pricked to attention, she carefully assesses the crowd for meadowflame, intending to stare at her with the most intense look you'll ever seen in your life. She DID tell Emberstar she passed right? Right? So help her she'll make her redo a battle against Meadowflame TO THE DEATH!!!!!! And it's so so crazy hard to decide between staring at her mentor, batting her eyelashes up at Emberstar or eavesdropping on her cousins. "Who beat who's ass???" she squawks, lifting her brows towards the nursery, accompanied with a friendly wave of her tail towards Sunfreckle.

Wolfpaw did indeed, bump into him as she passed, and Tybalt reached out to give her a light bop between the ears as she passed him, flashing her a teasing but good-natured grin as he made his way over to the gathering group and took his place. He had pretty much smashed her little riddle about the bright thing in the sky the other day, but whether or not she was still sore about the occurrence, he didn't know.

He hadn't meant to upset her, not really. He had only been curious to challenge her. He actually, in stark contrast to the tolerance he afforded almost everyone else he was surrounded by, quite liked Wolfpaw. She was clever and interesting to be around.

The call alarms her a little. She still isn't used to all that goes on here and though the leader has been kind enough to allow her to stay she doesn't yet feel like she belongs here. Maybe that is just her and the pale woman frowns as she gets to her paws. Making her way to where she hears the talking voices the feline angles her ears forward. It takes her a small moment before she is comfortable with where she finds herself sitting, hoping to get a good listening spot since her eyes are not too good at the watching part. She doesn't scent Tybalt nearby but she doesn't want to be bothering him right now.

the young warrior had just returned to camp, a squirrel loosely hanging from her jaws. just as she had deposited the kill, emberstar's voice reached her ears calling the clan to a meeting. she sighed softly before small paws carried her to where the rest had gathered. she sat in a secluded spot, not entirely too keen on interacting with anyone at the moment. she gazed across the group, observing the exchanges between the thunderclanners. nightbird waited patiently for the announcements their leader would give, lazily licking a paw and drawing it over her ear to fill the time.
[ WE'RE GONNA BE LEGENDS ]

The call from Ember almost makes her freeze, but she gets over it quickly, paws leading her to the crowd beneath the rock that juts in to the sky. Idly she wonders if Sunnyday had gathered yet, if she could slink past the rest and ask if he had recovered from his night time excursion, but she doesn't spot the man, and decides to just seat herself. Part of her fears of another exile, but she keeps calm and curls her tail over my back and thumped her paw against the ground to calm herself. Things would be fine.
"speech"​

For a long moment, she just looked over all her assembled clanmates. Even after all that happened, she was still proud of her clan. More than proud really. They made everything worth it. She just wanted to cherish being able to see them all, just for a bit. Eventually though, she had to get down to business.

"First, we have several young cats who will be getting becoming apprentices this meeting. Sneezekit, Ariella, Stormy, Cloudy, and Downpour please step forward." Emberstar waited for each of them to step forward, giving each one a nod in turn, then continued. "Do you promise to do everything in your power to keep your clanmates safe, keep their bellies full, and to keep them close as friends?" she asked them with a stern look unfitting to her usual demeanor.

She waited for them all to nod.

"Then by the power of Starclan, I give you your new names! Sneezekit, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Sneezepaw. Your mentor will be Ivoryheart. I hope he will pass down all he knows to you. Ariella, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Ghostpaw. Your mentor will be Greystorm. I hope he will pass down all he knows to you. Stormy, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Stormypaw. Your mentor will be Barkjaw. I hope he will pass down all he knows to you. Cloudy, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Cloudypaw. Your mentor will be Lakeeye. I hope she will pass down all she knows to you. Downpour, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Hailpaw. Your mentor will be Starlingwing. I hope she will pass down all she knows to you."

Stepping forward to the three related to Flycatcher, she gave them all a reassuring smiles, the in three deft motions she cut all their collars with a claw. Three snaps echoed through the clan.

// @SNEEZEKIT. @ARIELLA @STORMY @Cloudypaw @Downpour.

Last edited:
( ) The meeting began with new apprentices gaining their new clan names. Three of them happened to be Flycatcher's relatives. They had joined within the past few days, and it seemed they didn't have to wait long before receiving new clan names. Her tail rose happily as Emberstar snapped each of their collars. It still felt strange that they were related to Flycatcher, but she was glad to have them here regardless. She just hoped that they wouldn't be tempted back into their former pampered lives.

"Ghostpaw! Stormypaw! Cloudypaw! Hailpaw!" she recalled her clanmates chanting names in the last meeting. Hopefully this would make them feel more welcome. She could recall how she had felt awkward when she had first joined.
( I'LL SLEEP WHEN I'M DEAD ; YOU CAN BURY ME )

Another meeting was called and Flycatcher joined the throngs of ThunderClan cats sitting beneath the highrock. He sits next to Flamewhisker, giving the she-cat a friendly nod as does so. First on the agenda was the naming of some new apprentices - including his very own relatives! He watched with a proud gaze as Emberstar called them up and bestowed apprentice names before snapping each of their collars. Well, it was official now, no turning back for them now. They were officially ThunderClan cats.

"Ghostpaw! Stormypaw! Cloudypaw! Hailpaw!" Flycatcher cheered, voice loudest of all.

THE ONLY PEICE OF YOU I CAN TOUCH
downpour | 05 months | trans demi-girl | they/them + feminine terms | physically easy | mentally easy | attack in bold skyblue

Stepping forwards on soft paws, they note once again just how different they are. It's not a good kind of different either - they're still round and chubby and soft. How are they supposed to become a strong warrior looking the way they do? They show none of their insecurity upon their face however, stride calm and steadfast as they straighten up to their full height (though it hardly makes much difference). 'Do you promise to do everything in your power to keep your clanmates safe, keep their bellies full, and to keep them close as friends?' "I do," the girl answers, ndding their head resolutely, determination shining in their pale yellow eyes.

'Downpour, from this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Hailpaw. Your mentor will be Starlingwing. I hope she will pass down all she knows to you.' of all the exciting things about joining the clan, their name changing was not. They've been downpour for as long as they can remember - a name and a face and a soul; they aren't sure how to be anyone else. Hailpaw - a strange name in a strange land, the reality feels heavy, headier than they'd thought. Anxiety sends their stomach rolling, and they can only give a jerky nod as their collar is snapped. It feels like a weight off their chest (and their neck) but it doesn't make it any easier. "I'll do my best, I swear," the newly dubbed hailpaw mumbles, wnating nothing more to slip back into the sea of faces now that the moment is over.

Emberstar smiled proudly as the new apprentices were welcomed by the clan. This was certainly a more jovial meeting than her last. She waited for the cheers to settle down before she announced the rest of the promotions. "Next, we have several new warriors to join our ranks. Wolfpaw and Angela, please step forward."

"Do you promise to do everything in your power to keep your clanmates safe, keep their bellies full, and to keep them close as friends?" she looked them each in the eye as they gave their responses. Taking measure of their demeanor the best she could.

"Then by the power of Starclan, I give you your new names! Wolfpaw, for your swift decisiveness you will be known as Wolfwind. Angela, for your kind soul you will be known as Sunspirit." She nodded to them both, giving them wide smiles. Two more strong warriors for the clan to celebrate, and in a time where they were desperately needed. Her smile faulted. There was another matter that needed her attention.

She took a breath.

Once the cheers for the new warriors had finished, Emberstar made her last announcement. "All of you know the new Shadowclan leader came into our territory to demand the exile of Cinderfrost due to her crimes against Bonejaw, and he was right to do so. He was not right, however, to threaten our clan for her actions." A hiss crept into her tone. That wasn't like her. She stopped herself, sighed. Only beginning again once she was sure she could do it without venom in her tone. "Now he allies himself with Windcaln, despite the actions of Sootstar. Because of this, I want to caution patrols on the borders of those clans to be more cautious, and all cats who do not have buisiness near those borders should stay away."

// @WOLFPAW! @angela

"Crap, I'm late!" Jaypaw hiss-whispers to himself as he finally awakes to the chatter of kits, something about someone beating someone up? Though that sounds super juicy, he ignores it for now and scrambles out of the queens den with as much speed but silence that he can. That fails utterly and he bumps into quite a few adults before finally coming to a stop at Flamewhisker's side with an apologetic grin. Just then, he realizes that his mentor is chanting something and his face instantly falls at the realization. Aw man, he missed the kits getting their apprentice names! The young tom puffs his cheeks out in a pout, ears flicking in annoyance at himself at the missed opportunity to hear the lines since he was already Jay "paw" when he got here. Was he cheating by going with the name his mom gave him instead of this twoleg name? He gulps at the thought but it's quickly interrupted by something even cooler.

Jaypaw gawks as Angela and Wolfpaw both get their new warrior names and he's practically salivating at the thought of getting his own. Wolfwind and Sunspirit sound like proper warrior names so why did his mom have to name him after some stupid bird. Immediately he chides himself for thinking like that. That 'stupid' name is the only thing he has to remember her by now and so he cheers for the new warriors with everyone else. Still, he sucks in his lip and tries not to make a bit of a face as he mutters toward Flamewhiskers, "When do I get my name, Flame?" Part of him knows that he's a long way off from that right now but another part of him is too impatient to care. He's so caught up in his thoughts that he's caught off guard by what Emberstar says next.

So that's why Cinderfrost was exiled. He blinks rapidly as his limited understanding expands by just a little but he frowns when he hears about Thunderclan being threatened. This is tentatively his home and each day, he grows more comfortable with it and more grateful for it. The thought of someone threatening it pulls indignation in his thin chest and he huffs under his breath. New names catalog in his mind: Bonejaw, Sootstar, Windclan, this Shadowclan leader he needs to find the name of. He falters only on talk of patrols and the border. He remembers his patrol to Shadowclan, they didn't seem so bad, just sort of like weirdos. As for Windclan, well he has no clue.
[ I'M THE HERO THAT SAVES ME ]