i'm fanning the flames to climb so high - meeting 10/30

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Meadowflame sits with a plush cream tail curled around dainty paws, gazing impassively at the apprentice Emberstar calls before her. Bouncing, erratic, fur spiked in odd places, brash and rude and irritating -- and yet, the pale tabby feels a strange warmth seeping from the cold and hollow heart inside of her chest cavity. She had finished Wolfpaw's training, had turned her into the best warrior she was capable of being, and now the blue she-cat must forge her own path.

It's strange, it's poetic, it's stupid, but Meadowflame's face wears a ghost of a smile.

She's the first to call out her former apprentice's name, though it's a single cheer, and the rogue joiner Sunspirit's name is notably absent from her mouth: "Wolfwind!"

She smirks and turns away. "One less thing for me to be responsible for," she mutters before disappearing into the warrior's den.

The relief that is felt as her collar is snapped off of her neck is palpable. The newly named Stormypaw is glowing with pride. She puffs out her chest and grins, confidence radiating off of her as she side-eyes her littermates excitedly. ThunderClan apprentices! How cool! The tabby whips around as soon as Emberstar moves on and scampers towards her uncle before sliding to a halt. She peers up at him expectantly, still beaming. "Didja hear that? Stormypaw! I'm an apprentice now!" She declares, tail whipping back and forth happily.

She's not even paying attention to the rest of the meeting, doesn't see how the clan deputy is watching the newly dubbed Wolfwind with such pride and adoration. Nope, all she can think about is how cool she is right now!

Of course the new apprentices are not the only promotions in the clan. There were new warriors to be named too - Wolfwind and Sunspirit. Flycatcher didn't really have much time to acknowledge the new warriors beyond a quick prideful look in their direction as his attention was soon grabbed by his niece scampering over to him and gushing about her new name.

It warms him to see her and the rest of her siblings happy and recognised as full ThunderClan cats. "I'm sure you and your siblings will make fine apprentices," He smiled at Stormypaw.

Her names called and shes almost frozen with shock, oh dear, did she do something? She bites her lip, steps forwards and bows her head deeply. She'll take whatever punishment Emberstar would dish out, and she'll take it without complaining because after-all, reparation's for her past actions. Theres a fire in her eyes as she looks up to the scarred woman, only to have no punishment fall from the others mouth. W-What? "Huh?" the squeak of confusion leaves her mouth, eyes wide as she stares and stares.

Sunspirit. Sunspirit, Sunspirit... Sunspirit.

Oh, she likes this name. Strangely enough she finds herself loving it, as if ties between her old grievances were severed with a sentence. Cheers rise up around her and her face contorts in to a big smile. "Thank you! I'll serve and protect this clan till my very last breath." she turns to sit back down in the crowd, completely giddy, enough so that she only barely pays attention to the rest of the meeting. Something about Shadowclan and Windclan, taking caution around borders, she'll keep it in mind.
"speech"​