IT'S A PERFECT NIGHT // 1/1 MEETING

This was what she had been waiting for, her moment to shine, to finally escape the confines of the nursery for good in order to start her training to become a warrior! To say that there was a buzzing in the young molly's paws was an understatement, her whole body seemed to be vibrating as she waited amongst her siblings, her fur licked and groomed meticulously by her mother. Her bright green eyes stared upwards as Howlingstar took to their perch to call the clan together.

She wasted no time in stepping forward when her name was called along with Bravekit, Foxkit, Softkit and Vixenkit, her muzzle fixed with a grin that could drown out the sun, her thick tail held high above her head. This was the greatest moment of her life! She watched as Bravekit was called forward first, to which she would give a whooping cheer for her brother, followed by Foxkit who would receive the same raucous call from the noisy she-cat. Then it was her turn. Bounding forward the few steps to meet the base of the towering stone, she looked up at their leader, nearly breathless. Cougarpaw and her mentor would be Freckleflame! Bouncing around in a circle, Cougarpaw would cheer for herself before finally reaching her nose up to touch with Freckleflame, eagerly drinking in her words.

"We're going out already? That's awesome! I'm not even hungry, we could go out all day!" Her ears perked even more when she heard the promise of being able to pick borders if she caught something before Foxpaw. "Pshhh, I'll catch twice as many things as Foxpaw, watch, I already know how to pounce." The thick-furred molly dropped into a sloppy crouch, her tail flicking back and forth rapidly with the excitement that she brimmed with, her eyes looking up towards the molly that was in charge of her training for moons to come. They were going to be great friends, she could feel it.

• ooc : "Speaking" | Thinking | Attack

• cougar.png
    A long-furred chocolate rosetted tabby with green eyes.
    Thunderclan Apprentice
    04 months | Cis Female | She/Her
    Batwing x Leopardtongue G2

Raccoonstripe sits near the front of the crowd, spine erect and shoulders back. Howlingstar’s call brings the rest of the Clan to cluster around him, and he can see the shining eyes of new mentors, of kits with fluffed-up pelts waiting to receive their new names and ranks. He looks to Batwing, to Leopardtongue, wondering how it must feel in this moment for their young to begin their warrior training—and idly, he wonders who is set to mentor which kit. He hadn’t been approached about taking any of the lead warriors’ kits under his wing—instead, when his name is called, it’s to touch noses with Smudgepaw.

The tabby suppresses a sigh before heaving himself to his paws and making his way rigidly toward the pointed tomcat. He brushes noses with him before withdrawing stiffly. He ignores the giggles, the whispers, the flood of excitement emanating from his Clanmates’ pelts as they greet their new protégés. His own tone is stern when he speaks to Smudgepaw. “I’ll have to assess you to see what all you know before we can begin any real training,” he mutters, his tail swishing behind him. “Meet me in the Sandy Ravine after the meeting. Don’t be late.

, ”

To be honest, Coyotebite had never truly expected to be trusted with an apprentice of her own. She knew she wasn't Thunderclan's most pleasant cat to be around, and it seemed as if with each passing meeting, the opportunity to have an apprentice of her own only slipped further and further away. Unable to help herself from mentally zoning out during the meeting, Coyotebite would find herself tuning in at what seemed to be the right moment, just in time to process Howlingstar's words.

"Vixenkit, you have reached the age of four moons and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Vixenpaw. Your mentor will be Coyotebite, and I hope she will pass down all she knows on to you. Coyotebite, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be a loyal and protective warrior, and you will be the mentor of Vixenpaw. I expect you to pass on all you know to her."

"I'll teach her everything I know Howlingstar." She muses, forcing herself to keep control over her words rather than stumbling over them like a child. Quickly, she joins her apprentice at the front of the crowd, bending down to touch her nose against Vixenpaw's own. "Come find me after the meeting, I'll take you out to show you the territory." Murmuring softly to Vixenpaw, she offers a small wink as she concludes her order before moving to rejoin the crowd.

He'd been informed of the change ahead of time but was unsure of his feelings on the matter. He knew Raccoonstipe was rumored to be a difficult mentor and that could mean bad things as far as he was concerned. Either way, it wasn't as if he could ask Howlingstar if she'd change her mind and assign him to someone softer. His nose would brush against his new mentor's after his paws led him to the front of the crowd. Nodding his understanding, he would return to his seat after receiving the "orders" from his new mentor.

—————————————————————⊰☾⊱————————————————————
She had not expected much to come of their talk, her emotional outburst aside, it had felt more draining than rewarding and all she could think about was how little she felt like she belonged in this family. Even her siblings in SkyClan had found their places in the world, Howlfire had a mate and kits, Fireflypaw was still training to be a medicine cat like their uncle was and here in ThunderClan her brother got everything she ever wanted; promoted early, made a lead warrior, a mate at his side and the respect of kin and clan and Moonwhisper had nothing. She felt hollow as she approached the meeting, listening to kit after kit be named and assigned a mentor and her ears strained for her name only to be left despondent as she was once again passed over. The tortie point debated getting up and leaving then as the reassignments came and she hears her brother once again get an apprentice while she has not been given a thought, her former mentor finds himself with a new charge. It would draw too much attention to simple leave now and her fur prickles unhappily as she waits for the dismissal but there is one more apprentice in need of a mentor, she does not even lift her head at Marigoldpaw's name - she expects to once again hear another warrior called but her heart bursts with longing and relief as her own name spills like tears from the black tabby's maw.
Moonwhisper stand then finally but her movements are stiff, she forces herself to maintain a neutral expression, latches on tightly to her dignity and pride as she seeks the cream point in the crowd of cats. Oakfang being blinded was suddenly the best thing that had ever happened and as soon as the thought flickers across her mind she pushes it down in disgust; that wasn't something to be celebrated, but it was hard to ignore the elation she felt at finally getting an apprentice. It was another warrior's former one, somewhat trained already, that did dampen her spirits a little but the sense of confidence she got overwhelmed all else.
Her voice is a cool, collected glide of ice as she faces her new ward, head raised up proudly, "We start tomorrow."

•  

• dgk9va7-e404f34c-d42a-4934-8360-235d0834d2d4.png
    Moonwhisper
    —⊰⋅ Warrior of ThunderClan
    —⊰⋅ She/Her
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ LH Tortiseshell point w/ice blue eyes

Reactions: Marigoldpaw