IT'S HARD TO LIVE YOUR LIFE IN STRIDE (Pre-Gathering)

Darkpaw of RiverClan, cool! Figpaw can't recall him from any border patrols she's crossed, but it was neat to know she may make a potential buddy to look out for along the shore. She glances to Cicadastar, looking up and down at the monochrome leader. He had a bit of a funky face, long snout... but she hardly could judge, she's seen plenty of flat faces in SkyClan and other unique characteristics. She wonders what he was like as a leader, did Blazestar like him? What about mom? She's heard a thing or two about him, but for the most part he was a mystery to the red tabby.

Sootstar. The name causes Figpaw to freeze, unlike Cicadastar this leader was not so much of a mystery to her. She was a cold-blooded killer, she kills SkyClan cats and has been known to shun her clan at any possible moment presented to her. She tries her best not to be rude, but she nearly grimaces at the thought of being so close to a WindClan cat. Would Nettlepaw attack her if she said the wrong thing? Made the wrong move? Was he as viscious and cruel as his leader? The girl oughts to think so...

Amber eyes follow the WindClan apprentice's tail flick, she spots the blue she-cat on the rock. She can't help but be shocked, she was expecting to see a massive molly with long, curled claws and bloodstained teeth. Yet she looked pretty, her fur was neatly groomed and she wore an irritatingly smug expression. It looked like she was the tiniest of all the leaders too, somehow nearly as unintimidating as Emberstar (whom she recognizes thanks to patrols).

Figpaw hates her, she hates WindClan and all that they've done to harm SkyClan.
It was nearly enough to make her walk away from the two apprentices, but her paws remain planted to the forest floor. "Oh... our clans don't like each other." She does feel the need to point this out, however, feeling that Nettlepaw did not recognize her as an enemy as she did him. "...But it's the gathering, and anyone can be friends under the full moon." A nervous smile, she proposes a truce for tonight. If Nettlepaw agreed Figpaw could ignore their differences, for now...

Darkpaw shows the two apprentices a rock, one that he claims was blessed by StarClan. Could that be true?! Both awe and a little bit of envy bubbles up inside of her, "No way! How was it blessed by StarClan?!"

// @nettlepaw. @DARKPAW

55417772_ks6HUyroX73gwyT.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· FIGPAW, AMAB — she / her
╰ ‣ 6 moons .
╰ ‣ skyclan apprentice . believes in starclan, doesn't fully understand

╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like pine nettles & sap, status — 100%
╰ ‣ A red tabby she-cat with orange eyes.

╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ENFP-A ❝
CAMPAIGNER❞ , Gryfindor, Lawful Good
╰ ‣ Excitable, generous, caring, quick-to-act, daft, naive
╰ ‣ finds relative ease relating to others . kind-hearted, will show mercy

╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· NPC X DAISYFLIGHT, sister to Greenpaw, Violetpaw, Snowpaw & Butterflypaw
╰ ‣ IDK HER SEXUALITY I LIED . mistakes admiration for romantic feelings
╰ ‣ poor fighter . okay hunter .
╰ ‣ unlikely to start fights . will flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

╭── ⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅ ──╮

Granitepaw narrows his eyes at the golden tabby tom who sits beside the little ThunderClan spitfire. "Is it just me, or does it suddenly smell like rat?" The gray and white tom snorts. "Better rat than kittypet." He swings his head to look at the she-cat next, but her retort sends his hackles rising.

"It's a classic case of a pest not getting enough attention from mommy at home." Granitepaw's eyes become slits. Who is this fool to speak of anyone's mother? He hates that she's reminded him of the pathetic, weak excuse of a she-cat who'd birthed him, neglected him, then left him and Siltpaw for dead.

"Your mother was exiled, so I guess you have the same problem." He bares his teeth. He's aware of Brookpaw, who's joined his side, and he tries to make himself calm down. Stupid, insolent ThunderClan!

Another young cat -- one he recognizes, but barely, with WindClan's rabbit scent sits near them. A cat with the same shade of blue-gray to his fur as Granitepaw, with black streaks near his eyes and a sly grin. Granitepaw is about to respond to him when some warrior comes to intervene.

"Tch. We don't have to answer to ThunderClan." He nudges Brookpaw. "Let's get out of here before the kittypet stench kills us both." He has to get away before he breaks the truce and is in trouble by Pitchstar. He doesn't feel like dealing with it. He even ignores Wildpaw's comment, though he registers the other apprentice's face. Someday. Someday, he won't be held back.

// talking to @LIGHTPAW . @. Roepaw . @SOOTPAW @Flycatcher @brookpaw. @WILDPAW

Reactions: Flycatcher

"Dogteeth?" Grapejuice repeated. Cool. His name was cool. "Cool!" He had to let him know.

He still wasn't over this mans luscious locks. How was he so pretty. What was this feeling he was starting to feel. No. Stop it.

His collar wasn't exactly special, he was just a pain in the ass, really. Though he had to admit, over time he did get attached to it because he had managed to keep it so long.

"It's not special exactly, but it's grown on me." He explained, and then Dogteeth suggested to him a brilliant idea. Yes. Why hadn't he thought of that? They would get him SO many collars....He would have to start this exploitation of his twolegs immediately. "Thats a GREAT idea!!" He replied with bright eyes. "I wonder what they'll come up with next?"

He had seen plenty of animals with wildly different collars. Spikes, frills, flowers....Some kind of...Poofy thing on it?? He wondered what his twolegs would pick for him. He then looked to the slim chain around Dogteeth's neck. He hadn't noticed it before, actually. It was hidden under those gorgeous curls-

NO, STOP IT.

"I don't think it's that big a deal..." He said. Sometimes he didn't get why other cats were so against kittypets and their accessories. You have claws, he has claws, a kittypet is still perfectly capable of the strength and violence they seem to enjoy so much. "It looks nice on you! What's it's story?" He asked.

When Dogteeth said he would ask a fish for him, he couldn't help but laugh a little. Did fish make noise???? Did they have their own language?????

COULD HE LEARN TO SPEAK FISH???

The possibilities were endless.

He had to agree about the river, though. He wondered how Riverclanners even handled it, the numbing cold it soaks you with. "Right? You guys must have really warm dens to fight that kind of cold....And good at shaking water off, too." He said.

He hoped so, at least. He couldn't imagine fully stepping into the river and then not having a good way to dry off and warm up.

I TOLD YOU ONCE, I CAN'T DO THIS AGAIN

The chides and side-eyes cast in their direction meant little to Roepaw as she kept her gaze steady in Granitepaws direction- she had a name for the gremlin now.
You’re mother was exiled, so I guess you have the same problem.
The comeback was only met with a scoff cut short when a familiar blue pelt is suddenly in her eye-line, stomping over with the scolding of a life time readily on his tongue.
She takes the stern words, but once he is finished speaking she simply shrugs her shoulders. "I will never not put a little man with a big mouth in his place" she replied simply- she was walked all over enough back at camp, she wasn’t about to let a marsh rat participate as well.
She waits a moment before shooting her mentor a soft side smirk, nudging him softly. "c’monn, you know it was funny! You’re pretty lucky to have such a clever apprentice!" She then added, nodding her head as if to validate her own words. Even looking to Wildpaw and Lightpaw with a now radiant smile.
The brief thought to stand up to Robinpaw crosses her mind, but she inwardly shudders.
I’d like to remain above the ground, thank you.
"speech."

Talking to @Flycatcher acknowledging @WILDPAW & @LIGHTPAW .

Reactions: Flycatcher
The first to approach is a cat that Howling Wind is happy to see. She regards the RiverClan medicine cat with a respectful dip of her head, trilling in response, "Beesong, it's good to see you!" Their words bring a smile to her face, and with warmth in her voice she mews, "My son is settling into the role well. I trust you to help him along, you know. Plenty for him to learn, but I don't doubt him for a moment." Berryheart has one of the sharpest brains and clearest memories she's ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Next is a similarly familiar face. A light purr rumbles in her throat as she mews, "Evening, Deersong. I hope you and SkyClan are doing well." She can't help but feel some sort of kinship with the pine-dwelling clan; her grandchildren spent half their time there, after all! After the greeting, however, Howling Wind glances over the lead warrior's shoulder in confusion. "Was Daisyflight not able to make it tonight?" It's strange that Deersong would make it to the Great Rock before SkyClan's deputy did. She wonders for a moment if she should be worried at all. Has she fallen ill as leaf-bare draws closer?

Her attention is momentarily snatched by a stranger who bravely approaches the group of high-ranking cats. The tabby peers at him curiously for a heartbeat, a polite smile on her face as she nods. "That's right, I'm Howling Wind, ThunderClan's deputy." It isn't often that a cat doesn't know who she, Beesong, or Deersong are, but perhaps he's never been to a Gathering before?

// interacting with @BEESONG @~Deersong~ @Rune