just as naive as i am ⁀➷ orangepaw

ˏˋ*⁀➷ She's been cruel. Anyone can see that.

It's not like she hasn't known. Cruelty is what she was molded by, blood of a monster passed down through her veins. The world has always been cruel, and she has known from the very beginning. Baying Hound's stories made that clear, the owl's talons made it clearer. She has every excuse, and she has wielded them well.

She's running out of excuses, now. She's losing the conviction that she has no other choice. She looks to Skyclaw now and wonders: could that be me? Everyone is afraid of her now, just as they are of him. It does not make her feel powerful, as it once did. She just feels sick.

She ducks into the medicine den quietly, a mouse clutched in her jaws. It is deposited, unceremoniously, by Orangepaw's bedside. "For you," she mumbles, voice rough. A moment, and then, awkwardly: "How're you holdin' up?"

• @ORANGEPAW.
  • 84967151_9ydGxfWsqAPcif1.png
  • FALLOWBITE ⁀➷ she / it, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerbreeze & doepath.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- orangepaw has never been one to br cruel. he doesn't have it in him– desperately needing to keep his promises to his mom to be kind and find the good in everyone. fallowbite is no exception to this rule. he's not stupid– not fully at least– he knows that fallowbite doesn't necessarily like his smile or his happy attitude, but he can't understand why? he also doesn't understand why she's doing such bad things right now. he... he is scared of her. when she sided with skyclaw, it made his stomach twist and drop. why? why would she do that?

he is pulled away from his thoughts when falowbite walks in, mouse clenched in its jaws. it takes but a moment to toss the thing on the floor which orangepaw has to admit... he's scared to eat it. he flinches as it approaches but still wears a wobbly smile on his face. he has to believe it won't hurt him. it... won't... right?

"oh! uh, thank you!"

he presses his ears back, offering a dip of his head, smile furthering for a moment before going back to that comfortable softness that it mostly always held. his ears twitched at fallowbite's words and he laughed quietly.

"i'm okay! honest! a lot... a lot has happened. are you okay? you don't gotta be okay but if you... are okay that's good... uhm... I'm worried about you not being okay."

this is what good friends do. they check in on their friends who seem to be having a tough time. this was what this was. fallowbite had to be having a tough time... why else would it side with skyclaw?

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Orangepaw is too kind. He's always been too kind, too happy. It makes Fallowbite sick to her stomach, it always has. But now, watching him flinch backwards, watching his wide eyes lock onto the mouse as if it's about to bite him... Now, she thinks she's starting to understand.

"Y'don't have to keep that act up," the warrior mumbles, tiredness lacing the words. It peers downwards at him with something approaching pity. "You're scared of me, aren'tcha? Just admit it." He has every reason to be, she's made sure of it. It's clear in the pressing back of his ears, the strain of his smile. Something is wrong here, even if he doesn't want to say it out loud.

He's not happy, she's starting to realize. He's just stubborn. Acting like he's still alright, after all of this... It's almost admirable, if it weren't so mouse-brained. "And stop pretending like you care about how I'm feeling. Stop actin' like everything's fine," she says, voice hardening. Kindness does not fit her easily.

• 84967151_9ydGxfWsqAPcif1.png
  • FALLOWBITE ⁀➷ she / it, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerbreeze & doepath.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- "...of course i am. scared of you. you're kind of terrifying, fallowbite."

he admits, pinning his ears back as he shuffled his paws. he winces at the harshness in it's words, squeezing his eyes shut for just a moment before he breaths in and out.

"but just because i'm scared, doesn't mean i will stop caring about you. i mean it when I say stuff. always. I'm okay, honest. but I am worried about you and how you're feeling and you may not get it, or think I'm lying or that maybe I'm faking it but... I'm not. and no. everything isn't fine but... there are things that are fine and there is a light in everything. so... yeah..."

even in his words, he doesn't lose his smile. he can't. he won't. he can be scared all he wants but he refuses to stop caring for fallowbite. some cats may be upset at the idea but fallowbite is his friend, even if she doesnt believe it. he'll believe enough for the both of them.

"are you okay, fallowbite?"