pafp Lean back and breathe ƚƚ Apprentice den tour

Houndshade

Lowering your expectations
May 26, 2024
YOU THINK THAT YOU'RE THE MAN

Every moon there was a new wave of apprentices, that was cool she guessed? They didn't have a particularly strong stance on it. It kind of bothered them that they all had something to prove but at least they're usually too young to have some kind of ego to go alongside it. There was opportunity with these apprentices though, maybe she could shepard them to be less annoying. Not snuff their potential by any means, while they hated when others pushed themself too far they wouldn't actively sabotage that. It seemed like that would just backfire, make these apprentices work twice as hard.

No, she was just going to show them that they didn't need to work too hard. Develop a healthy work life balance or whatever. Pushing herself up from the ground she was laying down on she walked over to the nearest apprentice that she could spot from the meeting. The always seemingly skittish Deerpaw came to her vision, with a lazy grin she sauntered over to him. “Deerpaw hey! Congrats on the new name” she greeted him in formalities, pushing herself to say a few more words than usual.

With a flick of her tail Houndpaw glanced around the camp opening, eyes then falling on the entrance to the apprentices den. With a thoughtful hum they turned their attention back to the tortie, eyes seemed to be almost dissecting him as she decided what to say next. “Have you been shown around the apprentices den yet?” Presuming that Deerpaw would say something along the lines of ‘no’ or ‘not yet’ she would continue speaking.

“Mm, I can show you around, Who's nest belongs to who, which nests to avoid, it would be Stagpaw's and Fallowpaw's by the way.” A light and breezy laugh filled the air as she mentioned their fellow denmates. With a swift spin she walked towards the apprentices den, a lopsided grin as she glanced over at the newly named apprentice. “If you have any questions feel free to ask, I guess I can answer” despite the rolling of her eyes it was clear that they meant to make it a light-hearted comment. If anything it was clear that they were eager to do something, a rare sight indeed for Houndpaw.

{ @DEERPAW. }​

I THINK, THEREFORE, I AM

It was weird not sleeping in the nursery anymore. Curled up near one of the foster queens, and hiding away from the rowdy kits who stayed there. Now, that he got a new name change, he felt conflicted about it.

Deerpaw casted a glance towards the nursery, with a frown tugging at the corners of his mouth. An ear twitches towards an approaching figure. Who would even… willingly approach him? His body twitched a little as he whipped his head up at his new… unfamiliar denmate. Houndpaw. He doesn't know what chocolate smoke is thinking. When the apprentice speaks her congratulations towards him, he blinks. He looks away, staring at rhe ground. "T-thanks… I g-guess." Spoken with a mumble, while he shuffles his paws into the ground coating his paws in dust. He doesn't know what to say.

The tortie hunches over himself, when Houndpaw asks him a question if he got shown the apprentices den yet. "N-no. Not y-yet." Deerpaw chews the inside of his mouth. Teeth against gums. While he listens to the older apprentice speak, on which nests belong to who and which to avoid. Scrunching his nose up a little, he raises onto his paws. Keeping his head low, he turns his scrawny figure around as he dawdles behind Houndpaw. He ducks his head, as the molly speaks again. He pauses his steps near the entrance, poking his head in the den looking at all the nests in there. The tortie takes his head back, curling his tail tightly around his paws as he lets narrowed hazel eyes stare at his… new living space. He is overwhelmed to day the least. "Er– A-alright…" He shutters out towards Houndpaw. He is nervous stepping a paw into the nest crowded den, too many new scents.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet
  • ( i can't handle it… ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERPAW. ╱ thunderclan apprentice
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 6 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    undecided / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortie and white tom with hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, ff7844" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like fresh caramelized apples & faint damp earth musk
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

Softpaw can remember the time when she had shed her nursery bed and stepped into the apprentice's den, though she hadn't been able to start her proper apprentice duties right off the bat like Deerpaw would - no, Softpaw had been apprenticed in the lapse of time during which the new rule was implemented that kittens must be six moons to be apprenticed, and she'd been held back in camp with a 'paw on her name but two moons still to go.

"You'll get used to it." Softpaw says, peering out of the apprentices' den at Houndpaw and Deerpaw, giving the younger apprentice a reassuring nod. "And really, don't mind the grumpier apprentices. They'd give Howlingstar a hard time if she had to sleep with us." Its perhaps the most talkative Softpaw has been towards her fellow apprentices, and she partially blames Roaringpaw - something about that tom had her feeling more sprightly than she usually did.