camp light at the end of the tunnel // weaving time

Jan 5, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-Oh these things never want to stay put!” A huff escaped a white split maw as they throw down a strand of grass with frustration. Nest weaving was always hard to do and they wanted to perfect it so bad! They wanted to be able to weave cool things like flowers or something, but they had to start off small of course. The warrior twitched their ears and huffed once more, shaking out their coat to dislodge the discomfort of their own frustration.

Are you having any better luck?,” They spoke to the young cat beside them, Oddpaw they believed, and wondered if the apprentice was any better at this. Honeysplash had been spending the last few minutes, or well really it was an hour now, attempting to weave dried, probably very dead flowers into this patch of moss and grass. They were the flowers Chrysalis had given them shortly before they had been cat napped, so they hadn’t really been the best option. Still, they wanted them, and refused to give them up.

• SPEECH
    @ODDPAW PAFP
  • 831BEB81-73F8-4BD8-B5FB-C3A0729EEC4F.png
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Reactions: ODDGLEAM
Oddpaw was currently working on his own nest weaving, an ear swivled to hear Honeysplash grumble with frustration in their voice. He turned his head around, to look down at the golden warriors nest to see how it was getting along. He blinks as he stares at the Skyclanner's nest, before speaking in reply. "I'm having a little luck.. I think? But I think you're doing good!" He hums with a head, as he twists his body back to face his own unfinished nest he's currently weaving up. He's done this before, way back before joining the Skyclan he's had practice but... he's current nest looks a bit lumped. He lets frown show as he begin to press both paws against his messed up nest. Tail swishing behind him, the calico apprentice presses more of his paws into the moss below, squishing it and kneading it with his claws. He kneads it until it was soft, some cats prefer softer nests he though to himself as he picked up a a piece of moss and pushes it into the twisted bramble frame.

He hums at his finished project, he backs up a little to show Honeysplash with a smile. "Should I add something to it? orrr no?" He meows, as he tilts his head curious. He wonders if he should add flowers or maybe pine needles? He doesn't know, but waits patiently for the warrior to speak.

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( really? that's it? not cool ) ODDPAW : apprentice of skyclan
    — cismale ; HE / THEY ; currently 9 moons
    ♡ bi-pan / single / not actively looking / open to flirting & puppy-crushes
    — a medium-furred sliver and cream calico tom with copper eyes
    action , thoughts , "Speech, ac7d88"
    — smells of caramel frappe & chilled stone

- tags / @ on discord for plots
    - penned by calzone

• nothing here begone!

The tom's eyes for decoration were as barren as a drought - for him, everything needed to fit a purpose, or else it didn't belong in his nest. What others did to dazzle up their nests rarely caught Silversmoke's attention... until he found himself in camp after a long patrol. Too tired to go and train but too awake to retire to the den until dusk, the spotted tabby inevitably caught wind of Honeysplash and Oddpaw fiddling about with some nesting materials. Their paws moved in ways that went beyond his understanding, their words suggested it was a normal occurrence, but Silversmoke couldn't recall a time he'd seen such actions in SkyClan. Moving closer on heavy paws, the Lead Warrior leaned down to assess their creations. A lumpy nest and a... dead one? 'Hardly seems comfortable'. Silver wouldn't pretend he hadn't slept on worse things, but dry flowers scratching his skin or bumps brushing against his fur had to be close seconds if these nests were supposed to be functional. Blinking incredulously, Silversmoke's eyes shot up to the pair. "I don't get it, what are you supposed to be doing?"

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-Oh i looks really good Oddpaw!,” Honeysplash though their own was looking a little sad and gave a small frown in response. Suppose weaving was not in their skill set but at least they tried! Though how Oddpaw got so good at it is beyond them or maybe it was more just a patience thing, she had little patience for somethings. The young warrior looked to the apprentice as he asked about what to add to it and them hummed in thought.

Maybe some flowers? Or more moss? Something to make it extra soft!” The gave a slight chuckle and smiled a bit at the young cat. Then looked back to theirs as they went to pull a flower from the nest and set it to the side. Giving up on putting them in the nest as they were too dry, too dead really, to be of anything more than powder. She sighed softly and felt a little saddened by this notion. Maybe they could find more flowers once new leaf was around and things were going to start growing back.

Honeysplash was about to voice more things to Oddpaw about their nest making, see if he could show her how he does it, when a silver tabby pelt approached them. Silversmoke asked what they were suppose to be doing and she smiled happily, “Of course! We’re weaving nests! Putting cool things in them like super soft moss or flowers or feathers! Though it’s not going very well for me- but Oddpaw is doing amazing!

Then the cream warrior scooted over, closer to Oddpaw and patted a spot beside her, “CAre to join us in our quest for the comfiest nest in the clan?” She wiggled her shoulders playfully and giggled a bit.

• SPEECH
  • HONEYSPLASH she/they, Warrior of Skyclan, 24 moons.
    A lithe, cream tabby cat with high white and green eyes.
    Younger siister to Orangestar, Applefrost and Apritcotflower and littermates with Blueberrybounce and Cloudberrythorn // Former mate to; Quillstrike
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by youwolf_1997 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

74099711_vQjTRjquZxyWTO7.png
Tiggerbounce watched in amazement as Honeysplash and Oddpaw worked, their paws moving in ways the jolly tom had not quite thought possible. He knew that cats liked to get creative with their nests, sure, but as a cat who did not even have a nest in the warriors' den, he had never seen such things up close. The best bed he had ever made was one of already stitched blankets and toys which he had hidden so his owner wouldn't throw them away (just because they were falling apart didn't mean they were useless!)

He tilted his head to one side then the other. "Soft things... what if I brought my old blanket? It's a little worn now so I don't really use it but it's clean so it's soft and smells like lavender! I got a new one so it's no harm done... Oh, and I can probably take some flowers from the clear thing in my house. Some random Twoleg came to the door the other day and just gave them to my owner, but then they just... put 'em on the table instead of doing anything with' em like Dawnglare would do. I think they'd be a pret-ty bad medicine cat, if you ask me. Especially because she let the other one in but didn't even often to chew up the stems - they just bumped faces for a bit and then the other one gave my owner a rock? Twolegs are so weird." speech is in #ffd2d8