private lollipop trees and cotton candy breeze .. siltcloud

It's a guess to how long she's been in the dark confines of the medicine den, Lilacfur felt as though the day and night were all the same in here. Not enough sunlight reached far enough to shine in her eyes. Her nest is tucked firmly against the wall of ferns where most of the sick are harbored. It's quiet back here, Lilacfur realized that morning. Normally she stirred when her denmates would rise for their patrols, or by the rising sound of life outside the brambles. This morning she had only lifted her head at the sound of someone's insistent cough on the other side of the clearing. Her sight was still blurred from the dizziness that clogged her mind. Even lifting her chin from the moss sent her feeling like she was going to fall while laying still.

The lulling drip from the pool is about to drift her back into sleep when the sound of rustling captures her attention. Someone is repairing the walls of a den on the other side of the ferns, and after a few moments Lilacfur can catch the scent of who is there.

"Siltcloud? Can you here me over there?" Lilacfur rested her head tiredly against her nest, her muzzle pointed toward the wall. She doesn't hear any protest or complaint from the other sick cats around her, perhaps she's a good distance away that the conversation won't disturb them. There's hope it will stay that way. "I'm sorry I got sick... I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough against the spread..." There's a moment of pause before she would speak again, lungs wheezing as she tried to catch her breath.

"Will you stay here and talk with me? It's... it's no patrol... but I miss it. Your company."

-- @Siltcloud.
[ sad hello's and mad high low's ]

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 16 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

Somehow, it always seems to be her that gets stuck with these sorts of tasks - even now that she's not an apprentice anymore. She'd thought becoming warrior would change her life, that becoming a mentor would - but no, it's the same old chores everyday, just with even more responsibilities piled on. Not that siltcloud can complain - it's easier, she thinks, to get lost in the monotony of her days, instead of dwelling on the pain.

An all to familiar voice draws her from here revere, startling her - a quiet hiss slipping past clenched teeth as a thorn pricks her. But... she can't be upset, not when lilacfur is the only friend she has left. Not when she's sick, and she may not be there the next day. She knows all too well now just how fast she can lose someone. "It's okay - it's not your fault," actually, it's probably hers - or maybe granitepelts. Entering the medicine den when one was only injured and not ill, or starclan forbid just to see ones friend or mate - they should all have known better by now.

A quiet sigh leaves her lips, eyes closing in a pained manner - she's thankful that lilacfur cannot see her expression, the barrier between them almost comforting. It's hard, being unable to hide her thought's and feelings - and so utterly foreign to her. she's always been quiet and withdrawn, even as a child, a mask in place long before she'd ever done so purposefully. And yet all it'd taken was one little death to have her walls crumbling down. "Of course I'll stay," her words are quieter than before, more tender - as comforting as a broken cat like her can be. She's not good at this, but for lilacfur she can at least try.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account

There's a pause, and for a moment the rosette has convinced herself that Siltcloud is mad at her. Part of her found it justified, though. Was she entirely wrong for being upset? Lilacfur tried to imagine herself in Siltcloud's position, losing such a close friend right before another fell to a sickness that had already killed so many of their Clanmates. A sickness that had no cure in their medicine den. A sickness that took away some of their strongest on an expedition just to find more at the behest of their ancestors.

The belief that she would survive this long enough for their return felt too uncertain for her to feel completely safe. Starlingheart had supplied her with enough honey to ease the irritation in her throat when she spoke, but her cough remained. The weight held heavy in her lungs lingered. The dizziness that dragged her head down was unrelenting. It was all just enough to keep her miserably aware of her predicament.

Even through all of that, Siltcloud still managed to draw a dry, rattling giggle from her. "You don't have to lie for my sake... I should have been more careful. I thought..." That she was better than those who had become infected? That StarClan would protect her against it? She was naive, she realized.

Her head turned closer against the ferns, a weak attempt to feel closer to the other. "Has... Has Ghostpaw been keeping up well? And Chilledstar, I heard, well-" I got them sick, too. "I've heard it's been getting really tough."
[ sad hello's and mad high low's ]

◇​ I FOUND A MARTYR - HE TOLD ME THAT I'D NEVER ◇​

siltcloud & 16 moons & female & she/her & shadowclan warrior

In spite of the circumstances, it seems lilacfur is still able to laugh - something that actually brings her relief. The dust hued molly can already feel herself relaxing a bit as she listens, content to simply soak in the fact that for now, they are both still here, still alive, still side by side - even if there's a wall between them. "Ghostpaw is doing well - you shouldn't worry so much, she's a strong child," its a half truth - she hasn't the faintest idea how their niece is holding up. But... ghostpaw is not as naive as everyone thinks, and while she doesn't know just how true her thoughts are, she is certain she is strong. How can she not be, when she takes after siltcloud, when she takes after granitepelt - it's in their blood, to become something in a clan full of nothings. Though... perhaps she will check anyways after this - just in case. For lilac's sake.

Annoyance creeps across her face as the she-cat continues, crooked tail flicking in annoyance. What does chilledstar matter anyway? Their leader is not their friend, are they? And they're hardly a great leader... better than pitchstar, certainly, but still... well, lilacfur asks, and so she answers. "Chilledstar had yellowcough - they might lose a life," it's a good thing they have many, then, isn't it? But... lilacfur probably wouldn't agree, and so she keeps that last part to herself, letting the silence linger.

"Have you... been getting enough to eat? Starlingheart's been giving you herbs for your symptoms, right?" she finally asks, nerves creeping into her soft voice. She doesn't trust her - kin or not, would she really give lilac the care she needed, when she'd let loampelt simply waste away before their very eyes? She wouldn't put it past her - claws sink into the dirt underpaw as she struggles to breathe against the surge of anger that floods her. Stars, she hates starlingheart.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: —
    tw/cw: —
  • A dust hued cinnamon tabby with white markings and sage green eyes. Her fur is dull and unkept, her figure frail and slight, and she most notably has five toes upon each of her four paw. With the death of loampelt, something within siltcloud seems to have changed - no longer is she as soft-spoken as before, instead easily snapping at her clanmates and throwing herself into training her apprentice.

physically medium && mentally hard
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay not-allowed
    please attack using [b][color=#ddadaf]action here[/color][/b] and tag account