private LOST AND FOUND ✿ within the shelter v2

sprite3.png
ATHENA — you and I drink the poison from the same vine.
It was no surprise to her when another shipment of cats had been thrown into their own glass-and-wood cubbies, the scent of oaks and sap still reeking from them.
Athena had only been tossed in.. how long ago was it, now? Several days,.. a couple of weeks, perhaps, sooner than the trio that whimpered from nearby. Her capture had been less than graceful, shown as much from the bump that still nestled against her forehead.
She bats at her locked door, gnaws, scratches, anything to keep the chatter out of her own head. The other lot had proven to be just as useless for an escape as the last, and her interest in them had waned.
Someone pouts about their upwalkers and Athena scoffs, but finally given up on her battering, opting to slump against the door instead. When Angelina speaks, Athena laughs, her voice a twisted melody. "Sword, listen to me bud, this mystical Blazestar has a better chance of breaking you out than your precious upwalkers. Just forget about 'em kid." She finally speaks, though it is directed towards the kittypet youth rather than the strange clancats. The molly didn't know if she could take another bout of emotional mumbling from the kid, teeth gritting against his audible scrambling. "Don't lose that head of yours... again." She murmurs, knocking a paw against the wall behind her to truly catch the anxious toms attention. "Don't waste that brain power of yours, hm? You're better than them anyways." Her assuring words are more out of self-preservation than true sympathy, but it'd be good for no one if she went insane in her small box... no good at all.

// speaking to @SWORD ART ONLINE
"speech"
tags

Clamour, clamour- rising and smashing the sky into a thousand pieces. That- flat, cloudless sky. Den-roof, really- ceiling. He was surprised the mere volume of them all hadn't crumbled the walls around them into dust, hadn't- hadn't beckoned the damn upwalkers or whatever these cage-cats called them. Got them all to shut up. Maybe they couldn't be bothered to risk another clawing from one of them- Daisyflight had been particularly aggressive bu the looks of it, demanding they stayed away from their daughter.

Butterflytuft, his friend- it felt wrong to be glad to see her. Snowpaw, too- if he was going to see them all again, he wanted it to be in different circumstances. To be under the canopy of the pine-forest and not... not here. And Daisyflight- he could only imagine, given time to stew on it... how disappointed in him she'd be. Her apprentice- what a big, strong warrior he was, getting stopped up by... creatures.

A cat spoke to him, brown-and-white- between their cages there hadn't been put a barrier unlike with him and Quillstrike. His eyeballs stung as he side-eyed her- friends with Figpaw?. "I don't- want to be looked after, though," he murmured to her. An attempt was made to temper his aggression- he didn't want to bear claws words against someone that didn't really deserve it. His fur lay flat in a brief wave of depression. He didn't know how far away he'd end up if someone ended up taking him... he had to look unappealing. Had to act wild so no Twoleg would want him wrecking their nest.

"You're- you're right. We can't give up... give up hope. Blazestar, he... he'll find a way..." The wobble of his voice betrayed his disbelief in his own words, but- saying it out loud helped him believe it more. Blazestar was better than to leave them, and- Daisyflight said Thistleback made a promise not to leave them. Their Clanmates had not forgotten them.
penned by pin ✧

———————————————⊰⋅ ⋅⊱———————————————
skdjasldasjdja.png
kldjksaj.png
A click of the tongue came from the charcoal spotted cat as they flicked their tail at their shared cellmate, Soma. There was nothing wrong with how they said it! It was a genuine question! What was Skyclan? What was this Blazestar they spoke of? It seemed like there was a lot of cats here that knew each other, and they didn't understand it. Why the influx of cats? Was this colony real? This tortie she-cat had explain what this was to them at least to an extent. The rest seemed more panicked and hopeful that this Blazestar would come for them. Would he come for all of them or just the ones of this colony?

Junco settled down into a laying position with their paws tucked under their chest and huff a bit in response, "Find a way? More like they will more than likely get trapped themselves," Junco stated back dryly and twitched an ear, "It isn't like we can open these cages nor figure out how to get out of this building. Its hopeless really," The pale cat lashed their tail back and forth for a moment. These colony cats were delusional. If they could get out of the cage, then how would they get out of the building? There was hundreds of doors, many up walkers, but yet they seemed hopeful.

The had given up on finding a place to live long ago. Months ago they had been free and wondering the up walkers city, but now they sat in a cage watching the world tick by. As upwalker after up walker just walked on by the cage not even looking at them. They had been placed in several human homes but none of the stuck cause of Junco. Junco wasn't exactly the most friendly cat and the struggle of knowing what was okay and what wasn't was rather hard for them. The pale spotted cat gave a huff and looked to their brother beside them, "They're rather feisty and hopeful,"

Speech

☁ ✧ ° .. ° ✧ ☁

Ivy’s grouching pulls him out of half-sleep. He’s long learned to tune out the chaos of the other shelter cats clamoring from within their cages, but the old molly’s snapping voice — echoing between the cold walls of the hole right next to his — tugs at his consciousness like sticky spidersilk. Bunny blinks his eyes open, squinting blearily at the source of the ruckus.

It’s a wonder he managed to doze off at all: it’s chaos out there. The others are being louder than usual, even for new arrivals. He manages to make out a few words: Skyclan, colony, Blazestar.

Oh. They’re clan cats — that explains the dramatic reaction, but not what they’re doing here. Ivy’s right: aren’t they supposed to be good at avoiding the upwalkers’ notice?

Bunny is no stranger to the upwalkers’ cleverness and their cages. He likes to think he’s also good at avoiding the upwalkers, in his own way, but this isn’t his first time in a place such as this one — although the last time goes back moons, before he was brought to his first upwalkers’ home. It’s given him the benefit of experience, at least. Rolling to his paws, Bunny hops closer to the edge and presses his face against the bars to catch a glimpse of the other cats.

”Don’t say that, you grouch,” he tells Junco when the other loner calls their situation hopeless. To the nearest clan cat he can see, he adds, ”I’m sure you’ll find a way out in no time. Might as well enjoy the easy food while you’re here, yeah? Not much more you can do, anyway.”
. ° ✧ ☼

• Love
Reactions: DetectLife
Fucking idiots. A grimance etched upon bi-colored features, pallid irises sharp like ice as another voice snaps back at him. One he knew all too well, unfortunately. The sound of Ivy's grating rasp pierces his elongated ears, twitching irritability to the source. He had the utmost pleasure being place on her other side, while a tom he hadn't had the chance to meet—nor did he care to resided on her other side. Dark lips pull back defiantly, gnashing teeth snapping with an audible clack clack as he snapped at her. "Don't make me push you all the way into the grave your teeterin' on already, Ivy. Like I would want those bloody wankers takin' me back. I escaped from them for a fucking reason. Once I get out of 'ere, it'll be the damn same. Heh—maybe I'll go with this SkyClan or whateva'. 'Course it seems like they get wrangled up just as easily as we do, yeah?" A hollow cackle erupts from his vocal chords at that. It was hollow and cruel—void of any genuine joy.
"Junco at least has somewhat of a decent head on 'em that isn't stuck up his ass. This SkyClan will get trapped just as easily as the rest of ya." He had halted his pacing, coming to the edge of the door and sitting baxk upon shaded haunches. His one white brow raised as he finally tried to get a look at these supposed wild cats. Why, they'd be no bigger than he was—some of em. Some were quite larger with tattered fur and scarring, some still looked no older than he. Ivory whiskers twitch, white knuckles pressing harder against the smooth surface below him. Where did they come from that they held so much hope? Even the older ones—they held out for this group of cats, he assumed that's what they were. He had heard a tale or two about them cats living within the forest, eating fat birds and rabbits—fighting over territory. It was something interesting to always hear, but he'd never held a curiosity to go see for himself. He had been content in the city, but now—now curiosity pulled at him fiercely. "Oi, shut up you stupid nit..." He murmured to himself, shaking his head to rid himself of the thought. No one was coming. He'd been here for who knew how long and nome of his friend's came to rescue him—why would this Blazestar be any different? Cats looked after themselves in the city. No one depended on the other, every cat was a threat.

[ FUCKING HELL ]

Last edited by a moderator:

It was with a long drawn out sigh that Wobbledog accepted he would not be sleeping tonight. Today? He didn't know the time. He hadn't known for some time now whether it was night or day. How long had he been in here? It felt like ages. Every day was the same, surrounded by a cacophony of misery and woe. He understood their feelings, but couldn't they be just a bit quieter? It was getting old. Why bother weeping in the face of something you can't change?

Then the clan cats started rolling in, and it got even worse. His patience was thin, and it was beginning to fray.

"Ecstatic for your family reunion. Truly, I am. But have any of you ever thought of being quiet for a change?" He asked those around him. "Does wonders for the mood."

Was he being harsh? Probably. Did he care? Not really. He hadn't slept well in days and had forgotten what a good mood felt like.

It wasn't right – the way they spoke. Hope misplaced. They'd all die here, he realizes. No one was coming. Held amongst lunatics, lost ones who muttered to themselves in the idle hope of a savior. It's stupid, stupid. He's curled within the grey matter walls, tanging plasticky, and yet, smelling of too much, lingering noise of something that's been here before him. He keeps his eyes fixed on the ground, afraid of what he may see otherwise, even though its nothing at all. He knows that. It isn't his business. Not at all.

Someone's talking to them. Their mind blanks. Silver eyes blink wide at the sound, everywhere and nowhere. Following him. He couldn't handle that. What had he done for this? What – ? " I– I couldn't– " It'd be impossible to forget. It makes his head ache . Snakes twisting themselves into knots.

He jumps with the thud against the enclosure – walls closing it. Not yet. He wasn't ready to die. He couldn't handle it. His hackles are raised and he shakes and shivers. His eyes are somehow wide and at the same time half-dead with the way his eyelids fell. " Lose? I can't– I couldn't handle that. I can't. " He swallows the bile in his throat, hes shifting back and forth, back and forth, like trailing a line of yellow-blooded little bugs. There was nothing so interesting to look at. Not really. He can't handle it. They shake their head at the voice, only half-knowing that they saw nothing. " I'm... not " He wasn't better, wasn't stronger. His eyelids fall. Their gaze itself seems to stutter. " I want t- to be... "

His head knocks against the cool walls, the grave itself, far from comfortable. If you talk about something too much, it...

[ ooc: talking(?) to @ATHENA ! ]

There were so many cats here, more than she had ever smelled. She had tried to tune out their cries for help, but it was becoming too much to bare. How many days had she been here? There were too many to count. She was still having trouble coming to terms with twolegs being her capturer. Did they not know who she was? She lived with humans, just like them! Her owners were never this cruel...but...maybe they were? Many nights she had been laying there, wondering if it were her owners who had told these mean ones where she was going each night. The thought of their betrayal was hard to imagine..

These walls were cold and dark...The food they were given was definitely not her usual pellets, and they didn't even give them any wet food. She could hear someone banging against their cage, and finally, she would break the silence that she had kept since her arrival. "H-how...much longer will we be here...?" she called out to no one in particular.
[₊⋆]​

The shelter is a familiar environment to him, by now. The near-constant rotation of cats and dogs in and out of the building had brought both excitement and fear in his first months here, but these days he finds it much simpler just to lie down and sleep. Curled in his kennel, pale chin tucked comfortably onto his paws, he listens to the others talk. New arrivals, many of them, mostly confused. He can understand that, but he wishes they’d be more grateful. At least they’re getting regular meals, it’s warm even on cold rainy nights, and the litterboxes make for a nice napping space as well.

A she-cat nearby asks how long they’ll be here in stuttering, uncertain words, and Markiplier sighs. "A long time, probably. It’s nice, once you get used to it." Sometimes, the humans even take him out of his cage to pet him and give him treats. It truly isn’t that bad in here; he’s treated like a king, despite the days spent shut in a metal cage. Some of the other cats are talking about escape—but maybe, given the choice, he’d stay in here. Maybe he doesn’t want to be free. Why would anyone want to leave this place, anyway?

// talking to @Nala
[ space was so cool… ]

skdjasldasjdja.png
kldjksaj.png
There was another huff from the pale tabby cat and there was a lash of a tail, "Why sugar coat it? It is the truth. Twolegs do nothing good but keep us here and feed us trash," Junco stated back with a flick of their ear. Why did these cats want out so badly? Was this Skyclan really worth the panic and desperation? They didn't think so really, but then again they didn't tend to think positively. Junco settled down into a laying position beside their brother, Soma, and continued on with his words with, "Chewsday has it right, I'm not sure Skyclan can get past the forces of twolegs,"
Speech