LOVED BUT NEVER KNOWN ⁀➷ disappearance, prompt

( ⁀➷ )  Fallow's been here for far too long.

The owl stole her away moons ago, and Fallow barely has any to her name. The memory of her mother's face, of her siblings, is beginning to feel more like a fairy tale than something real. And that scares her.

She almost forgets, sometimes, that she's just pretending. That she's not really a ThunderClan apprentice, that she's Fallow, and not Fallowpaw. Almost forgets her goal. The owls stole her away, stole her from her family. This isn't her home. She's getting too attached, starting to like some of these cats. She curses herself for it, curses her disloyalty.

When she gets separated from the patrol, she knows what she has to do. It's an opportunity she's been waiting for a long time, confined to camp and to her mentor's side.

She's free now. It should be easy, but Fallow hesitates. Glances back through the woods. Faces flash through her mind. Falconheart, the first to show her kindness. Bravekit, always beckoning her to play as if she's no different from any clan cat. Stormywing, so dedicated to teaching her. The though of never seeing them again claws at her chest the same way that the distance from her family does. She hesitates, paws stopped at the border. Her mind is a clamorous war, at odds with the still, snowy forest around her.

It's not enough. Fallow slips away from ThunderClan's territory, and the snow covers her tracks.
74701060_9q7jeRpuNlkPdZT.png

• // PROMPT: fallowpaw gets separated on a patrol, giving her the perfect chance to run from thunderclan and try and find her family. does she take it, or is there now something that makes it more compelling to stay?

fallow has disappeared across the border into the loner lands! feel free to catch her scent, though the snow will make it difficult. this disappearance will be temporary, dw <3

mentor tag @STORMYWING
  • ˏˋ ° • *⁀➷ FALLOWPAW. THUNDERCLAN APPRENTICE. SHE / HER & IT / ITS.
    4 MOONS & AGES ON THE 1ST. PENNED BY SATURNID.

A SCARRED, POINTED BROWN MOLLY WITH PATCHY WHITE SPOTTING.

NPC xx NPC. FOSTERED BY TANSYSHINE.

• Sad
Reactions: dejavu and vayle

The last thing he'd wanted was to be awoken early for this patrol. Regardless of the fact that the clan (and himself more importantly of course) had to eat, he couldn't hunt so tired, could he? How would that benefit the clan if he fell asleep while waiting for prey to come out? A yawn escapes his jaws, and his eyes close at the same moment that Fallowpaw becomes separated from the patrol and makes her escape. Unaware of his clanmate's disappearance, he continues on in silence behind the rest of his patrol, internally complaining about how early it was. After what quite possibly seemed like an eternity later, he would suddenly become aware of the apprentice's disappearance. "Where's Fallowpaw?"

She wasn't all that observant, but she had noticed that one member of the patrol had been gone... a bit too long. Her green gaze glanced around, searching for the pelt of the other apprentice, only to find nothing in the flurries of snow that began just a bit too hard. Her brows furrowed, then paused as she was not the only one that had noticed the disappearance.

"She's... been gone a bit too long. I thought maybe she found prey but... now I'm not certain." she says softly, frowning. She worried a bit- it was cold, and only getting colder. And the fox attack that happened recently- what if Fallowpaw gets killed? "Fallowpaw?!" she calls out, worry filling her voice as a small know of anxiety grows in her belly and her paws pace around the area.

Falconheart grows nervous each time that a member of their patrol is separated from the rest. Sandthorn’s face haunts both his dreams and his days, and so he tries to remain aware of where his clanmates are at all times. Fallowpaw’s absence is worrying to him immediately—he has worried over her safety since the younger feline had first come into ThunderClan under less-than-positive circumstances. But he says nothing, because he’s been told time and again that he shouldn’t fret so intensely over his capable clanmates. When Smudgepaw and Tigerpaw each bring up how long Fallowpaw has been gone from the patrol, though, he at last allows his concern to peek through. "What do you—should we look for her?" He looks to the apprentices as though they can offer him any sort of approval, but after a moment he realizes how pointless such a question is and shuts his mouth.

The snow that’s fallen means that tracking down Fallowpaw’s scent would be difficult even for a more experienced warrior. He can only hope that the younger cat makes her way back to the patrol—or that perhaps she’d lost sight of them and decided to go back to camp. The cream tabby shifts nervously, tail flickering behind him. "Maybe… maybe she’s waiting back at camp for us."
[ find me way out there ]

Traitor. He has heard the word before, has spat it at his siblings even as they turned and left for a clan where life would certainly be easier. For a father who didn't care enough about them, about their mother. He could never imagine leaving ThunderClan, not of his own free will that is. If some force were to draw him out of the boundaries of that familiar oak forest then it had better be pretty damned compelling, a matter of life or death, or else he would have to be dragged out kicking and screaming and fighting the whole way. Every heart beat, every paw step, it was all for his clan. He would gladly trade his life for any of theirs. But the outsiders, the cats that Emberstar had once freely let in, the cats that Howlingstar now only allowed under serious circumstances, they did not seem to have that same loyalty burning throughout their veins. Some of them were good, could be trusted but Fallowpaw...

He does not know enough about the molly to say whether her abandonment was purposeful or not, but when he hears that she is gone that word rings out loud and clear in his mind first and foremost. Traitor a voice whispers in his ears. "Where was the last place any of you have seen her?" he says, golden eyes already scanning the familiar forest for any sign of the brown coated apprentice. Falconheart suggests that perhaps she is waiting back at camp for them and Burnstorm nods. It was a good thought, perhaps she had gotten separated and, not knowing the territory well, had returned to camp so as not to get even more lost. He turns to one of the apprentices then "One of you, whoever knows the way, run back to camp and check if she is there. The rest of you, with me. We'll start searching in the last place she was seen" the snow in the ground would hopefully show where she had gone, if only they could find her tracks.

last place they seen her? she felt guilty, her head dropping a bit in disappointment. "I don't know... surely, maybe there's a trail still, I hope," she uttered softly. though the show, it made it hard to smell anything. a test? if she could find Fallowpaw maybe-

she couldn't search on her own, she could get lost too. and then they would worry twofold. and she didn't want to make anyone worry more than they already would. or... if it was a predator... but that thought only made her want to look for the other apprentice even more.

she knew how to run to camp, batwing had made sure that she knew every inch of this territory. over, and over. but she needed it with her focus issues. "I'll do it. I'll look in camp, and I'll be right back. I'm gonna search for trails too on the way." and without another response, she was off.

Smudgepaw finds himself gazing at Falconheart with a puzzled expression. Who was the warrior here? "You're the warrior here aren't you?" He snaps, eyes turning to Burnstorm who quickly shows that he's at least in the right headspace. At least our lead warrior has his head on straight. Shaking his head, he tries to rack his brain of the last time he saw Fallowpaw on the patrol as Tigerpaw races away towards camp. "It had to have been at least since I almost fell asleep walking in line. That wasn't long after we left camp." He admits, any signs of being tired are now washed away with the seriousness of the situation.

stormbanner.png
☁︎
She had been on the trail of something - a bird, she thinks, but the snow makes it hard to tell for certain. Leaving her apprentice's side and the bulk of the patrol, she shoots up the nearest tree. By the time she returns, blue jay in her jaws, the patrol is panicked, worried about something, someone. Then she hears the name. "She's missing?" The young warrior gawks at them in shock, her kill dropping to the ground. "What do you mean she's missing? She wouldn't have just walked off! Weren't any of you watching her?" Her voice rises in volume. Deflecting. Guilt immediately begins to worm its way into her stomach but she suppresses it, breath catching in her throat as she storms past them. She shoves through her friend and her cousin, tail lashing as she sees faint pawprints headed off towards the eastern border.

Ears folded against her head, Stormywing pushes through the heavily falling snow, following the quickly fading scent of her apprentice onward. "This way!" She yowls, trudging as fast as her legs would carry her through the thick blanket of ivory. As they get closer and closer to the border, her heart beats faster and faster. There's no way she'd cross. There's no way.

The scent crosses.

Her heart plummets into her stomach. "Fallowpaw!" She screams out into the endless white land beyond, immediately picking herself up into a run - or, as close to a run as she can get in these conditions. It doesn't take long for the scent to completely disappear under the thick fall. "No, no, no, no." She whirls around, this way and that, eyes squinting through the snow to try and locate any bit of a brown pelt, of oak-tinged eyes. There's nothing. Her apprentice is gone. "She left..." She mews in disbelief, shoulders beginning to slouch and tail dropping limply in the snow. Her first apprentice, and outsider like her. She'd failed in teaching her the most important trait any clan cat can have: loyalty.

It's my fault, She realizes as she thinks of her love across the river. Guilt squeezes her chest tighter. What the heck do I know about loyalty?
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎