Coldsnap

CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART?
Aug 1, 2022
COLDPAW-1.png

I'M SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THAT FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

It was shortly before noon when Coldpaw finally rose from his nest. Dark gray fur ruffled from sleep and yellow eyes still bleary with exhaustion from the previous nights training, the tom drew in a deep breath as he mentally prepared himself for the day ahead.Hyacinth had been pushing him hard during their training lately. He'd never trained with the other apprentices, his mentors preference for the solitude of night likely well known by now, but lately things had been tougher than usual. He wasn't entirely certain as to what the shecats motivations were, but stubborn and competitive as he was, Coldpaw wasn't about to let her win by tapping out first.

She could run him into the ground for all he cared- there was no way he was letting her win.

With a wide yawn of powerful jowls the large tom got to his feet and gave a massive stretch, muscle flexing beneath a dark gray coat painted with black stripes. For an apprentice Coldpaw was easily among the largest, already standing taller than his mentor and rivalling the size of many of the warriors. He was tall and broad and muscular, his build far more like that of a marsh cats than a windclanner. And yet, the idea of calling himself Shadowclanner left a sour taste in his mouth. He had no desire to return to the place where he'd been born. It wasn't home anymore, and it never would be again.

@melonpaw

windclan apprentice - male - 9 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes