private milk & honey [ ☼ ] gentlestorm

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Unworked muscles rippled with discomfort by the time the sun had finally begun to kiss the horizon. For the better part of a moon Roeflame had been resigned to the nursery to await her litter, the strolls just outside of camp had been infrequent and leisurely.
Now, the queen was just beginning to feel like her former self- only now, her responsibility lay in wrangling three adventurous and speedy children all day.
Had kittens always been so fast? Roeflame cannot recall herself zooming around with such speed when she was that age.
They were wonderful though- the way they called on her to view something the could be so ordinary but was clearly a wondrous marvel to their eye, or how they tucked themselves close to her when in need of comfort and sanctuary. Truthfully, Roeflame hadn’t been as involved with them as she so desperately wanted to be, most of her affection communicated in a soft, long gaze as she watched them play.
The rosetted queen knew she could be better- she would be for her children, the tabby just needed to acclimate.
For now however, the moment Burnstorm had approached the nursery as he usually did, Roeflame took the opportunity to slip into Gentlestorms den.
Falling out of the habit of work and being thrown back into it had taken its toll in the form of the soft wheeze on her breath. Not dire enough to force tart juniper berries down her throat, but the lack of her ability to inhale fully still demanded her attention.
”Gentlestorm? You in here? The elfin queen rasped as she entered, celadon eyes drifting around the eerily familiar den.

• @GENTLESTORM

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — The death of his friends were still a heavy weight on his shoulders though it had somewhat eased seeing the new kittens that stormed around camp with delighted squeals and giggling. It reminds him that the sacrifices had not been in vain that paws that decorated and placed rosemary onto the stilled forms of his clanmates had helped in bringing forth the newest generation of Thunderclanners. He still finds himself exhausted not having found rest quite yet especially when owl eyed kittens tried to raid his den after Sparrowkit's positive words about it and the memory itself is enough to make a warm chuckle slip from his jaws. His train of thought is interrupted when he hears the voice of Roeflame immediately noting that she sounds out of breath and he can imagine why, wrangling kits was no easy task. He rises from where he had been near the small pool of water located within his den approaching the queen with a warm smile though his dark honey gaze holds slight worry.

"I see the kittens are keeping you on your toes." He says lightly before motioning for the queen to step further into the den does he turn to his shelf for a moment and then shifts his attention to her once more "Sit down and make yourself comfortable." Or as comfortable as she could be knowing that the den likely wasn't comforting for several reasons, he spots the juniper berries plucking one out of the small pile shifting his weight so he could face the queen. "How are the kits and Burnstorm?" Gentlestorm asks tilting his helm slightly to the side, he could already see that the coal hued tom had already taken to being a father quite easily.

u1GLDFj.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    53 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Seeing the snowy tom begin to rise in the tabby’s peripheral earns a small breath of relief from Roeflame, stepping forward as he motions for her to move closer with a raspy hum of laughter parting at her maw.
“That’s, uh… definitely one way to put it.” The brassy she-cat sighs, accepting her medicine cats offer to get settled with a grateful nod of her head.
“Between Dovekit running head-first into everywhere they shouldn’t, Beetlekits new fear of bugs, and Littlekit’s habit of getting into accidents- I don’t know what I would have done with anymore than three.” Despite her complaints, there is no coldness in the golden mollys voice as she rambles about her kits, only warmth and amusement.
“Burnstorm, though- he’s loving being a father, he’s a natural.” The rasp in her voice splinters as Roeflame hums on, adding a new texture of coarseness.
Sage-tinted optics drift to the tart berry in the toms grasp.
“Do you have any lavender, maybe?” Roeflame asks, her tone almost hesitant, hoping her alternative request does not come across as distrustful.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — The pale tom chuckles quietly when Roeflame begins to speak about her kittens then he purrs warmly in response "Kittens just love getting into trouble. I think it's a little ironic Beetlekit has a fear of bugs though," He muses though he keeps focused on what she says pleased to hear that the kits are feeling well enough to get into mischief and mentions how she doesn't know what she would've done with more than three. "They would've definitely been a pawful had it been more than three so you're fortunate. I've heard that three is oftentimes considered a lucky number," At the mention of Burnstorm being a natural father he cannot help but feel his gaze soften in the slightest and he's quite happy to hear that knowing that the tom barely had much time with his own when he was younger and had decided to stay in Thunderclan with his kin. It makes him briefly ponder on how his littermates are doing though he recalls seeing Fireflypaw at the last medicine cat gathering, the younger tom's likely still trying to move on from the death of Blazestar. "That's good to hear... From what I've seen as well, you're a good mother,"

Roeflame seems hesitant when she asks if he has lavender and Gentlestorm frowns giving a shake of his head as he answers "I'm afraid I don't... That herb doesn't usually grow here in Thunderclan." His expression twists slightly in thought before the pale tom adds on and offering a faint smile, "But I can see if any of the other clans would be willing to spare me a few if I offer rosemary in return. Or rather, medicine cats. I'll ask if they have any," A silent promise though he nudges the tart berry in her direction knowing that this would simply have to do until he actually got his paws on lavender, perhaps Windclan or Skyclan would be kind enough to offer him it. He's already indebted to Skyclan.

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    53 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking