MODERN ART [ JANUARY MEETING ]

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
A call pierces the air before WindClan heads out on dawn patrols, ”All cats old enough to race the moors gather below the Tallrock!” It was a tune many had been expecting, meetings are typically held by the blue smoke the morning after the gathering. Many flock eagerly to sit and listen to what was to be announced, some were expecting ceremonies and others were anticipating clan news. Sootstar waits for all to be settled underneath the rock before continuing.

”This moon has been difficult on us all, but to all who’ve fought for their clan and continue to stand beside me… thank you. Your efforts and loyalty do not go unnoticed, we will get through this.” As much as Sootstar would like to rest easy knowing all cats among them were loyal, but she knows that’s not the case. She tries not to worry about it, certain that those who wish her clan ill will show themselves sooner or later. She’ll pluck them out just like she has with the rest of the rotten eggs.

”I pray for everyone’s fast recovery, I pray for those still in the Badger set den to find health once more. I suppose despite our best efforts… its all we can do.” Act and be met with outrage, don’t act and be met with outrage. There didn’t seem to be a right choice for her clan, but another battle was not the answer when they were in this state.

// meeting to be proceeded in next post!
activity shout outs (oh my god there’s a lot of you) to @Badgermoon @SUNSTRIDE @VULTUREMASK @WEASELCLAW @Dandelionwish @MALLOWLARK @Coldsnap @Juniperfrost @bunnywhisker @TIGERFROST @WOLFSONG @Sedgerunner @icepaw @slatepaw @GRAVELPAW @SNAILPAW @Firepaw @SMOKEPAW @rainpaw
keep up the awesome work guys!! Your activity and participation is super appreciated

reminder I reference the census for activity shout outs!

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Tags and Information

Tigerfrost heeds the call, makes his way over to peer upward upon WindClan's ruler. She was regal where she stood, frosty breath akin to dragon's smoke, a queen outlined by sparkling snowfall. Her words drip into his ears, and he finds himself nodding, firm expression flashing with satisfaction. WindClan had suffered a great deal, from the sick and dying, to SkyClan's cruelty, to the traitors that had so boldly hidden themselves within their midst. It's a bitter taste that floods his mouth, but he swallows it down, takes comfort in the leader's words. WindClan would endure.

DONT EVER WANT TO SEE THINGS CHANGE
periwinklepaw | 06 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
Slipping over to join the crowd, the boy shivers with cold. He'd taken for granted the warmth of the badger set, full of feverish bodies as it was, and with the past few days snowfall the entire world is a mass of damp and cold and chill. He fears at this rate he might catch sick all over again. He sits near the sidelines - after all, he doesn't think there is much to be said or done on his part. He simply watches, gaze guarded, troubled, and listens to his leader as she speaks. He wonders, absently, what changes this meeting will bring.

Silently, he would come up behind Periwinklepaw so he could seat himself down beside them after having sought them out in the crowd. He had never been a fan of standing in the center of all attention and neither did he wish to sit at the front. He liked the background, to seat at the dark while watching everyone's backs. Besides, he wanted to be there for Peri as much he possibly could right now, viewing them as his family just like with his younger siblings. Vulturemask would hesitant before he reached out his tail and for a second it looked like he was about to rest it on the young apprentices back but like he had have a change of heart the tail fall to the ground to instead have it wrapped around them without touching the boy. It was his silent way of letting them know that he was here and that he had no intention to leave anytime soon. His place was here in windclan, it always had been and always would. He would not fit in anywhere else and now with this new responsibility dropt on his shoulders...new doors had opened themselves up to him even if that cost him his friend. Heartbroken and devastated he had no other choice but keep on marching forward for the sake of his family knowing his new position could help protect them in more then one way.

ych33.png
It has grown to be a comfort, this sharing of knowledge. In his youth it had only been his father that carried the burden, and gossip that rode along the winds. Though others may advise him, a leader's burden was a lonely one. It may be the same for Sootstar, but at least in this way they can share in the pain of it. Already her words are laced with what all of them feel. This moon has been a trying time for all of them. He still bears the wounds of his fights, of their desperate leaps towards the stores in SkyClan's camp. Not all of them had been pulled to the border, and too many of them fought as if they expected death at every turn. Perhaps if they had known, if they had realized– Sootstar blames Dandelion's prayer to SkyClan's healer, but he can only think that if...no, no, it was a useless burden to think and to wonder after other ways in this life.

He will not waste his time in contemplation. Wading his way through the gathering crowd to sit where he had always done so, waiting still for Wolfsong, and perhaps Weaselclaw or Badgermoon at the other side, he does nothing more than wait for the rest of this moon's tired tale.
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, uses he - him. thirty-four moons old. warrior of windclan and former rogue.
    —— cautious of clan life, but an apt learner. encourages close bonds between clanmates.
    —— loyalty uncertain, cares for those surrounding him. undoubtedly closest to wolfsong.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red at its base and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

The call for a meeting draws Gravelpaw to stand below the leader’s perch. He first searches for his father within the gathered cats, but the tom is nowhere to be found, so Gravelpaw settles toward the back of the crowd. They sit through Sootstar’s thanks to those loyal to her—and, that’s them! She’s thanking Gravelpaw, they’re included in that! The apprentice smiles despite themself, preening just a bit under the praise. They weren’t injured too badly, but they hope that everyone who was badly hurt recovers quickly, too.
[ DEATH OF A DREAM ]

Firepaw wondered just what'd be said at the meeting, so much had changed since last moon the future seemed just uncertain with all the sick the lack of catmint and of course the fact they were two warriors (if they could even call those two traitors that!) shorter alongside the fact Dandelionwish's days within the clan were now numbered. She's sure though things will be fine, Windclan could survive through almost anything and they had Sootstar to lead them through these harder times she does believe in her, Starclan had a plan for them they were favored. She's proud of them, those who stay loyal to her and to the clan; she's proud of her and that makes Firepaw sit just a little taller from where she was towards the front of the crowd. They were dealing with hard times but they would get through it, leafbare would end eventually and it seemed every day the snow grew thinner and the frost in the wind no longer bit their pelts so harshly. The warmer it was the better chance those in the badger set had, she really hope they'd be okay she doesn't want to help bury more clanmates; she's had enough of that.

But all they can do right now is just pray they'd be alright, she doubts they'd be allowed to fight again much to her chagrin they were all much to hurt battered by both the raid and the blizzard and she doesn't think some of these mousehearts could take any unfavorable news without blaming Sootstar for it! She's sure the apprentices will be fine now that she talked with them but the warriors she had no clue about, she couldn't threaten them like she could threaten the apprentices. Well actually she supposed Juniperfrost and Lynxtooth already did that for her... But whatever it didn't matter cause they wouldn't be attacking the kittypetclan for a while to come it felt like, even if she had scores to settle! She'd be patient she was capable of that! ​

( PLACE ME IN MY CASKET TONIGHT ; BECAUSE IM ALREADY DYING INSIDE )

"AND I'M NOT YOUR PROTAGONIST"

Her long legs carry her towards the familiar call of Sootstar. Stormgaze found a spot and sat down. Times had been hard and she doubts anything overwhelming good was going to be announced. The leader was right about one thing, they would get through this. But how many would be lost along the way? Her green eyes rest on the leader. Waiting for things to get going. Wondering what things would be discussed this time around. That is, if there was any room for discussion. ""
✦ ★ ✦

──⇌•〘 INFO He does not regret the battle. Would it have been safer to attack after the blizzard's passing? Most likely— but then the SkyClanners might have discovered the second patrol much more quickly, and RiverClan might have arrived before they were able to leave with any catmint at all. Sunsetbreeze might still be alive if his killer hadn't managed to hide so well in the trees, but their sick clanmates could be no closer to health than before.

As for the nature of Sootstar's vision and the decrees made upon their return...it is not his place. I may not worship StarClan as they do, but I will not doubt their influence. It is unwise to challenge divinity among disciples. Sunstride, he knows, is likely of a similar mind, and as Wolfsong moves to take his customary place beside the taller ginger, he discreetly inspects his wounds. They will be scars earned for a worthy cause.

A meeting, another one. These are always interesting and always something he wants to attend. With everything that has happened he wonders what will happen now. All those sick cats in the badger set, cats injured here. It's a mess, such a shame. The young pale specter weaves his way along the path of other clanmates and honestly he is looking for a certain face. Looking for a certain molly who he prefers over the loud and obnoxious riffraff. But where is she? A small frown tilts the corners of his muzzle, so fleeting before he finds himself slowly sitting down. Taking a deep breath in he tilts his head up slightly to look at Sootstar, curious of what else will he said.

Cats are quiet, there is little chatter, they sit with blinking eyes- some nod but most appear to be ready for her to carry on. She heeds their wishes, not wanting to waste their time or make those with ceremonies wiggle in their seats for much longer.

”Larkkit, Daisykit, and Sparkkit step forward to the Tallrock.” The queen beckons the children forth with a flick of her tail. ”Sparkkit, you have reached the age of three moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Sparkpaw. Your mentor will be Weaselclaw. I hope Weaselclaw will pass down all he knows on to you”

”Weaselclaw, you are ready to take on another apprentice. You have shown yourself to be loyal and an excellent upholder of StarClan. You will be the mentor of Sparkpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Sparkpaw.” Her mate has had an apprentice in the past and he has mentored them well, she trusts he will shape Larkpaw into a fine warrior.

”Daisykit, you have reached the age of three moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Daisypaw. Your mentor will be Coldsnap. I hope Coldsnap will pass down all he knows on to you"

"Coldsnap, you are ready to take on another apprentice. You have shown yourself to be a strong warrior. You will be the mentor of Daisypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Daisypaw.” She dips her head to the new pair before moving onto the last apprentice ceremony, Larkkit’s.

”Larkkit, you have reached the age of three moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Larkpaw. Your mentor will be Snowstep (NPC until replacement is found). I hope Snowstep will pass down all he/she knows on to you" She gives the pair a chance to touch noses before the clan erupts into cheers of congratulations to their future warriors.

”It has also been called to my attention that Nettlepaw, Firepaw and Periwinklepaw are in need of new mentors. I have decided that Nettlepaw’s new mentor will be Owltalon.” Sootstar believes that’ll be a much better fit, a good mentor who will get Nettlepaw back up to speed. If all went to plan there would be no delays in a warrior ceremony, Sootstar hopes the warrior can work some magic.

”Firepaw’s new mentor will be Badgermoon, I want to make sure she is set in a competent cats paws this time around. Badgermoon, I know you will do well in taking over Firepaw’s training.” Her only concern is Badgermoon’s capability to handle his new role on top of his new apprentice, she doesn’t want to set Firepaw up for failure with a pairing again… Though she holds confidence in her deputy, even if the task at hand is tough.

”Lastly, Periwinklepaw’s new mentor will be Snowshadow. You’ve been with us for awhile now and I trust you to carry the responsibility of teaching Periwinklepaw everything you know.” She dips her head and goes silent, allowing for the new pairings to touch noses.

”Lemonpaw, Elkpaw, Sootpaw and Windpaw, step forwards the Tallrock!” The blue molly beckons the apprentices forth, a big prideful smile sitting on her face. Today was a joyous day for WindClan would be earning not one, not two, but five new warriors! Two of them were her own children, oh how proud she was… Deep purrs spill from her throat.

”I, Sootstar, leader of WindClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn.” Sootstar sets her green gaze to the sky and sends a silent prayer for their ancestors to bless these young cats with the strength, wisdom, and loyalty they will need for them to carry out their duties as warriors of WindClan.

”Lemonpaw, Elkpaw, Sootpaw, and Windpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your clan, even at the cost of your life?” I do They all must vow to her before she continues. Once they do she gives them a smile, ”Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior names. Lemonpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Lemontongue. StarClan honors your loyalty and resilience and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan.”

”Elkpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Elkskull. StarClan honors your level head and resilience and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan.”

And now for her son, pride radiates from her pelt. ”Sootpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Sootchase. StarClan honors your dedication and speed and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan.”

Now for her child, ”Windpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Windswift. StarClan honors your loyalty and commitment and we welcome you as a full warrior of WindClan!” She hopes they both wear their new names with pride, they were names of WindClanner’s through and through. It damn near brought tears to her eyes, not only were her children warriors but they had grown so much since they were mere kits… Oh- it amazes one even more when you point out they were the very first litter to be born into WindClan! The first who could say this clan was their birth clan.

//I’m not gonna tag everyone because there is SO MANY but if i missed anyone or anything PLEASE let me know!

╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with

╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia

Last edited:
DONT EVER WANT TO SEE THINGS CHANGE
periwinklepaw | 06 months | demi-boy | he/they | physically easy (pacifist) | mentally easy | attack in bold #ccccff
From his place at his friends side, he listens idly to the meeting - calling out the newly appointed apprentices names with the others, though if he puts a little more effort into saying 'daisypaw' without stuttering than the others, well, nobody needs to know. It comes as a complete surprise, however, when his name is quick to follow Firepaw and Nettlepaw's. Giving a confused and worrying look at Vulturemask, the timid boy slips forwards without much prompting.

He stands there, tense, waiting, wondering who will take Jaggedoak's place. The wave of relief that crashes down upon him when his new mentor is announced to be Snowshadow has him visibly relaxing, a genuine smile on the boys face as he goes to touch noses with his older brother They might not be the closest, but he certainly feels safer with him than with most of the warriors in windclan. "th-thank you," his words are quiet and hollow, but his respect is genuine. For all his fear of their queen, sootstar has yet to turn her negative attentions on him, and he is grateful.

Stepping down, he hesitates for only a moment before deciding to take back his place beside Vulturemask. If his mentor wants to spend time with him, he rationalizes, he can either join them or wait until after the meeting. He will not waste any time, any chance, to spend with his friends. Not after seeing how quickly they can be taken from him.

————————————⊰⋅ ⋅⊱————————————

left.png
right.png
Today was the day. The day she would become an apprentice. She would be released from the medicine den, and be able to see Echolight again. Daisykit could barely contain her excitement from the moment she woke up, pacing the den restlessly (and repeatedly reminding Dandelionwish that soon, she would be Daisypaw), until the moment that Sootstar's voice rang out.

From there it was a frantic race, the sepia tom doing his best to contain and groom a wiggly kit until she at last booked it into the clearing, making a beeline for Echolight and nearly headbutting her and purring. At last she planted herself beside her mother along with her siblings, if not vibrating in place while waiting for her name to be called.

There it was. From Daisykit to Daisypaw. Daisypaw! She was Daisypaw now! An apprentice!

An excited squeal rang out in the clearing, Sootstar barely having time to finish her sentence before the black-and-white kit- apprentice- leapt to her paws (she was a 'paw now!), racing into the crowd and skidding to a halt at Coldsnap's feet. Daisypaw bounced up and down, stretching up eagerly to touch his nose. "Hi! Are we gonna leave now?" she whispered loudly.

————————————⊰⋅ ⋅⊱————————————

Untitled327-20221103225234.png
IM SCARED TO GET CLOSE AND I HATE BEING ALONE
I LONG FOR THE FEELING TO NOT FEEL AT ALL
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

Coldsnap had been sitting in the crowd amongst the other Windclanners when he heard his name called from the front. Yellow eyes widened for just a second as his surprise made itself known, but he was quick to school his expression, getting to his feet and straightening up as eyes fell toward him. Sootstar had given him an apprentice? He couldn't help the pride that bled into him or the bitterness that accompanied it at knowing Hyacinth wasn't there to see it.

Coldsnaps first apprentice.

As Daisypaw came rushing through the crowd to meet him, the tabby tom couldn't help but appraise her. She was little more than a scrap of black and white fur, a fuzzball with feet that practically barreled into his legs in her enthusiasm. He'd have his work cut out for him, he could already sense that much, but at least she seemed eager to begin training.

How long she'd keep that optimism once they actually began, well, Coldsnap wasn't sure.

"After the meeting we'll head out. " he assured her, leaning down to bump his nose against hers in the typical tradition despite how awkward it felt.

windclan warrior - male - 12 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes​

justify]

For some reason he felt as if things were going to change this meeting. Rather with the clan or just simple individuals. Something was going to happen. His pale eyes narrow slightly as he looks upon the leader, that little smile still hanging on his muzzle. There are cats called, getting new mentors and then his name is voiced along with others. Though he supposes he should have seen it coming. Owltalon was given another apprentice and he is sure that the other can't handle him and another one. The idea is amusing and he slips his way from the crowd, eyes focused on Sootstar as she speaks. When she asks the normal question he thinks, debates. Sure why jot. "Of course." He purrs. Eyes electric with his excitement and then he gets his bame. A new thing to dance and cling to him through life. Elkskull. It almost sounds fated. He chuckles and he nods before he finds his way back among the crowd. A new name. A new warrior.

Tags and Information

Well, that was a lot of ceremonies. Tigerfrost joins his clan-mates in cheering the names of those who are called, granted mentors, apprenticeships, and warrior names. It was a proud day for many, despite the hardships WindClan had been forced to endure. Tigerfrost would have to congratulate the new mentors later, along with the new Warriors. Perhaps he'd even share a meal or two.

If he's allowed to be honest, Lemonpaw has been dreading this day.

Though he's been working hard toward it, been training with Flaxenjump, his ever so-stubborn mentor - clearly a WindClanner, through and through - what seemed like every waking moment, Lemonpaw has been dreading the day he becomes a warrior.

It's a milestone that should be celebrated. A milestone everyone else gets to celebrate - that Sootpaw and Windpaw will get to celebrate beside him, because their mother is here; their mother is leader, banisher of Lemonpaw's own mother. He and his siblings are among WindClan's first, but will never get the specialty of that title, the same treatment Sootstar's firstborn children do.

Instead of celebrating, it's a milestone that gives more leeway for punishment. Leaves his actions defenseless, no longer to be left with the excuse of still learning, if he were to slip up. He was scared of exile before, he worries his fears will only grow worse.

He finds himself hesitating on Sootstar's question and his pledge to WindClan. It is brief, hardly noticeable under the guise of nerves. Hopefully. "I do," he answers, voice shaking.

For Bumblebreeze. For Honeytwist and Dandelionwish. For what remains of his family. To keep them safe, to make them proud.

A sour name, he is given. Lemontongue. For his loyalty and resilience - attributes given to him that feel like claws piercing into his skin, a forever reminder of being an exile's son.

He wonders if his mother would like it, his new name. If she would be proud of him for reaching this moment. For making it this far.

Lemontongue wishes she could have been here for this.

• Crying
Reactions: chuff

There is a long pause after the warrior ceremonies to allow for celebration, those promoted deserved it. She wanted them to soak it all in, they’d recall this day for the rest of their lives. Sootstar knows she could never forget her own nine lives ceremony.

It was time to wrap up this meeting with a few extra announcements, nothing most likely did not already know about… but while they’re still here. ”SkyClan and RiverClan announced an alliance at the gathering, they both made plenty of pointed comments as expected. I did my best to explain WindClan’s actions to ShadowClan and ThunderClan- but for now we need to be extra cautious with all clans. I will be going with Vulturemask and a couple of to-be-chosen warriors to the border with some prey to trade with ShadowClan and ensure our alliance is still roaring.” The blue smoke explains honestly to her clan, a twinge of anger can be seen in the way her pelt flares. ”Be proactive and safe on all border patrols. Try not to get into trouble and sinking us into a bigger hole…”

”As anyone with eyes can see, the territory has turned into a complete disaster. The water at the gorge has risen and the slopes become slippery, I advise all to stay clear of the area. There’s no reason to be by it for now.” Her orders could interfere with hunts, but she prays there will be scarce incidents where that’d be the case. ”But that is all I‘ve got for you. Meeting dismissed, see Badgermoon for your patrols for today.” With that, The queen descends from her rocky throne.

"AND I'M NOT YOUR PROTAGONIST"

There were a lot of names. Stormgaze beams at the new apprentices and warriors. She knows they have to be just as excited. Starting their training or proving themselves ready for warriorship. The gray feline hadn’t grown up in Windclan but she had been here to get her warrior name. It felt like a true honor to receive one. Something she wished her father could have seen.

Stormgaze waits for Sootstar to finish before joining in the chanting. Giving it all so her voice booms over her clanmates. Going quiet when it appeared the leader was going to speak once again. She hadn’t been at the gathering but heard the news from her clanmates. The tension between Skyclan was… tense. Taking in a deep breath she waits to see if she is one of the chosen ones to go. Looking for Badgermoon, maybe she would be better on a different patrol. ""
✦ ★ ✦

Weaselclaw heeds Sootstar's call to gather, his muscles twinging beneath his rippling tabby pelt. The Gathering has left a sour taste in his mouth, and a sense of foreboding he can't shake. RiverClan and SkyClan's alliance isn't unexpected, by any means, and he does not fear them. Even together, Weaselclaw knows he could take any of the sniveling kittypets or kittypet-lovers. It's more the strange, cold, reluctant voice their ShadowClan ally had given in response.

He listens to the ceremonies first, the familiarity of their traditions easing some of his worries. Sootstar's kits and Honeytwist's son are all made warriors -- and Weaselclaw finds himself lifting his chin with pride, remembering the day Sootchaser and Windstrider were born. He has never considered himself their sire, but he knows their mother is proud of them, and by extension, so is their Clan, he feels.

He twitches his ear, a smile threatening to crease his expression as Sootstar names Sparkpaw his apprentice. He finds the dark-pelted tom in the crowd of Clanmates crowded before Tallrock easily. Echolight's kit, and--he thinks with a troubled flinch--Yewberry's presumed son. He wonders if Sootstar gave the kit to him so he couldn't possibly ruined any further than he has been already.

"Sparkpaw," he rumbles as he bends to touch noses with the young tom. "You heard Sootstar. Let's go see what our assignment is today. Your first day will be spent seeing what it's like to be a warrior." His whiskers tremble with that same threat of a smile. "It's important to learn how to take orders and perform your assignments well, whatever they are. We'll find Badgermoon."

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]