sensitive topics MOONLIGHT VOWS // HP ceremony

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
//tw for the entire thread for intentional scarring, cult like behavior, and heavily consequential vows

It was the night prior to the gathering, the moon just a sliver away from being in its purest form. They’ve only held one of these ceremonies once before, now over half of the high rankings at her side from back then were gone. Only Weaselclaw remained, her loyal mate, to think she had even considered tossing him from her council all together!

Now her positions were once again full, a new deputy, a new medicine cat, a new lead warrior. Badgermoon and Sunspark would get their chest scars, Vulturemask would assure their fresh wounds would not get infected. Sootstar felt it was unholy and lacked pure news to lay harm to a medicine cat, even for a ceremonial scar. They were servants of StarClan and unless told otherwise by the gods she’d never unsheathe her claws against them- at least WindClan’s medicine cats anyhow. He would take the vow but she would not scar him.

It’s a difficult journey with all the snow, but eventually the council arrives at outlook rock. The blue leader has already ran the patrol through what to expect during the ceremony, the vowing, the scarring, and the healing that’d be needed. Sootstar takes her position at the edge of it.

”StarClan, before your glorious light I show you two loyal warriors who I have added to my council. Tonight they vow to you, their clan, and their leader to always serve you and keep WindClan safe.” These words are spoken to the moon before the blue cat turns her gaze to Badgermoon, Sunstride, and Vulture. ”Badgermoon, Vulturemask, Sunstride, you both have already taken vows of a warrior but with your promotions even more duty and obligation is placed on your shoulders. Do you vow again to always listen to StarClan and I, Sootstar, leader and founder of WindClan? Do you promise to uphold my laws and never use your power to go against it, cause uprising, or harm WindClan? Understand that breaking this vow carries increased consequences, if you join my council and betray WindClan or StarClan you will be sentenced to death.” Hyacinthbreath should’ve died. Honeytwist should’ve died. Dandelionwish just might for breaking this vow.

// @SUNSTRIDE @VULTUREMASK @Badgermoon @WEASELCLAW

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.

Weaselclaw follows Sootstar to the Outlook Rock in silence. He's remembering a night moons ago, just like this one, when the air was warm, the breeze redolent with the rich scents of the moorlands in greenleaf. When Honeytwist and Dandelionwish were still pretending to be loyal, to have WindClan's best interests at heart. Before Hyacinthbreath had showed her treachery. Before Duskfire's fall from grace and near death.

The tabby shakes his head, eyeing the new collection of councilmembers critically. He will notice any hesitation, any waffling, any deflections in their vows, just as he had the first time.

He's given his own vows long ago. The scar he wears on his chest is bared to the moonlight. Weaselclaw only sits, judgmental and thoughtful, waiting for Badgermoon, Sunstride, and Vulturemask to go through the initiation he once had.

Hopefully this time, it will mean something.

[ PENNED BY MARQUETTE ]

Reactions: SOOTSTAR
Badgermoon had, of course, known that this was coming; truth be told, he was glad the time had finally arrived and the wait was over. The broad-shouldered tom bounded alongside his Clanmates and fellow members of WindClan's council, feeling his excitement increase with each step of his speckled paws. The trip was challenging, what with the snow threatening to drag them under and send them into a permanent winter's nap, but in time they made it. The black-and-white cat stopped, chest heaving as he caught his breath, great clouds of breath dissipating into the night air. Had this been a less solemn, a less crucial moment, he probably would've said something to someone about the strange pleasure of feeling cold air scrape your lungs clean - but now was not the time for such remarks, he felt. Instead he remained standing, his dark tail swishing slightly, belying his excitement as his eyes remained fixed on Sootstar.

StarClan, help me keep these vows as long as I live. Badgermoon prayed to their ancestors whose spirits sparkled ineffably above. He had no qualms about making these vows, not a scrap of hesitation in his heart: in fact, he was almost desperate to give his assent, hungering to promise his leader that she could trust him to enforce her will and serve her Clan. He longed to say here and now, beneath the stars and in front of his comrades, that he would give his every breath to the moorland Clan. He was only concerned that he would be a poor participant in the ceremony, somehow; perhaps he'd trip over his words or flinch when he received his scar. StarClan, let me comport myself well. he added after a moment's thought, before stiffening ever-so-slightly as the blue smoke who had brought them here began to speak.

Did he vow to always listen to StarClan and to Sootstar? Did he vow to uphold the Clan's laws and to never use his power to cause harm or strife? "I do." the bicolor tom said: his voice was quiet, but firm, with the conviction of a lover confessing his heart's utmost desire. "..you will be sentenced to death..." a grim warning, but not one he feared: he felt certain that if he ever became someone who would betray his Clan, he would deserve death, perhaps even ask for it. "StarClan, WindClan, and you, Sootstar, have my body and spirit - then, now, and always." Badgermoon added softly, attempting to make eye contact with his leader, hoping with all his heart that she understood how he felt, that she believed him, that she got it.

vulturemask hadn't been a medicine cat for long and already he was suppose to work on his own to test his skills...could it even be called for that right now?. Skills. He felt like he was back at scratch one again lacking knowledge and experience just like when he had been a an apprentice not knowing how to hunt and fight. He hated it, to not know. Even now he had his doubts that he even was fitted for this but Sootstar was not one who would change her mind once she had decided on something. All he could do was try to learn as quickly as possible so she wouldn't think about to get ride of him as well. So he wouldn't get replaced that easily. All he could do now was to strive to become an expert in his field to protect himself and his siblings to make sure to prove himself worthy even if he not believed so himself.

Marigold. That was what he had taken along with him to use to stop the bleeding and infection. That was the only herb he knew of that could prevent infection after getting teached about it by Dandelionwish. Marigold should get chewed down before putting on the wounds. Chewed and used...chewed and used. Over and over again he repeated the process on how use this herb in his mind all the way to the ceremony place, his mouth full of the herbs he would be forced to use so wastefully. Good thing they had a couple of those. Vulturemask would grimace understanding the frustration Dandelionwish most have felt when using herbs unnecessery.

He stopt down at Outlock rock to look up at his leader as she started speaking, his expression left emotionless as she demanded them to renew their vows to her again. Vulturemask had done this twice already by now...it was getting tiresome that he had to keep on repeating them. When had he ever done anything to make her question his loyalty to her?, and the clan...He had not even made a scene when she had demoted his friend to give that burden position on his shoulders instead while planning to exile him. He had already told her he would do anything in return for letting his siblings into the clan. He swore this would have to be the last time he vowed himself to her like this.

" Yes i do, until the day i die." he would say after he had dropt the herbs down on the snow so he could confirm his vows for a third time, his sentence short and to the point this time. She had heard him in the past just this time he would use his paws to heal her warriors so they could fight for her course and not be there on the field to enforce it. Not what he had planned but it would do...If this was what she wanted him to do to repay her for allowing his little siblings to stay then so be it.

ych33.png
Beneath the dusting of stars, this night feels holier than most. StarClan is closer than it had ever been before, even in the moment of Sootstar's rebirth. Perhaps it is the way that they gleam on these tired swaths of snow, or the silence of their trek towards an uncertain future as these pinpricks of light bear down on them. It is not an unkind attention, though it is beyond uncertain. Though the others carry themselves with the strength of being forged alongside this clan of theirs, Sunstride is an outlander. A creature born far beyond these moorland paths. It could come to be that he dies here, beneath Sootstar's reign or another's, but his story is not written, and this is not the home that it was to another. His life here is one of debt and repayment, of forged loyalties and decisions made. In this way, he is alone amongst the crowd.

And still, he keeps in step with them. On the outlook rock, surrounded by all those who have questioned him, encouraged him, grown and fought alongside him, he stands aside them once more. There is surety in the way that the others so much as stand, but for him– he feels weak. It is as if he staggers beneath a great weight, piled higher by their hopes and their expectations. He must run to catch up with the moor-cats who have already faced their trials. They know their steps, and he is a mile behind. His eyes are for once the quiet of a glassy sea, without the joyous waves or a stormy rattle. The others speak before him, beneath the watchful attention of those who came before. Of StarClan, where they rest far above. Tempted as he may be to chase them, to look anywhere but upon Sootstar's demanding gaze, Sunstride does not allow himself to wander. To look away is to shy from this moment, and he will not face this without bravery. He watches her and swallows her words, and eventually, he sighs. It is a sound he had not known he was holding, a quiet contemplation in its own.

"You have done more for me than any could ask for. I swear beneath these stars that I will defend WindClan, and devote my loyalty to my clanmates– I will not turn my teeth on the one who has led me to where I am." Though lacking in eagerness, this oath is not dragged unwillingly from his tongue. When he speaks, it is with the solemn certainty of one who means each word he has spoken. "At risk of death, I promise this to all who hear me tonight."
border2.png

• ooc:
  • SUNSTRIDE. named for his coloration and his bold chasing of fate.
    —— cis male, uses he - him. thirty-four moons old. warrior of windclan and former rogue.
    —— cautious of clan life, but an apt learner. encourages close bonds between clanmates.
    —— loyalty uncertain, cares for those surrounding him. undoubtedly closest to wolfsong.

sunstride is broad and bold– a creature standing above most of windclan, though not a beast beyond its borders, with fur that flames red at its base and deepens to a burnt amber with every whorl and stripe. his eyes, in comparison, are a pale summer's blue, still as bold as the rest of him.
  • "speech"

dfkjvp3-d66fda25-9d8d-4dbd-9a5f-d235254b8f50.gif
Their vows to the clan are all characterized, some short and some long, they all carry the strength and power in tone she desires. Sootstar believes them, she trusts them to do right by StarClan, WindClan, and herself.

Silver claws unsheathe in the night, there is no bristling fur or hisses but a soft smile. With a swift blow, claws cut through the flesh of her black and white pelted deputy. Blood instantly takes form and begins to trickle down his chest. Then she turns, with the opposite paw she drags her claws into the flesh of Sunstride, his fur his thicker than Badgermoon’s but her claws meet their mark nonetheless. It’s more difficult to see his cut, but she can tell she’s left one due to glimpses of scarlet peaking from his pelt.

Vulturemask is left untouched, it was symbolism enough that he would now heal them from their wounds. ”StarClan welcomes you to WindClan’s council, and so do I. May we lead our clan for many prosperous moons together.”

57376414_z9vtUtAYThkuXA6.png

( primary character / "speech" / ic opinions )

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_6.png
╰ ★ ჻ 001 GENERAL INFORMATION ,
· SOOTSTAR, female — she / her
╰ ‣ 34 moons . pisces. ages on the first
╰ ‣ windclan leader . marsh-born . believes in starclan
╰ ‣ former soldier of the marsh group

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_3.png
╰ ★ ჻ 002 VISUALS & AESTHETICS ,
· DOMESTIC FELINE, smells like heather and wet dirt , status — 100%
╰ ‣ blue smoke . scarred chest, difficult to see through fur . green eyes

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_4.png
╰ ★ ჻ 003 MENTALITY & MANNERISMS ,
· ESTJ-A ❝ EXECTUTIVE ❞ , Slytherin, Lawful Evil
╰ ‣ Cunning, brash, fierce, confident, self-reliant, envious & selfish
╰ ‣ finds great difficulty in relating to others . can be cruel, usually shows mercy to those she can find sympathy with
╰ ‣ sole key to her heart is loyalty, if you have her trust, she often shows a completely different side of herself. Aggression tends to manifest from her extreme paranoia
╰ ‣ Appreciates titles such as "miss, m'am" etc

57376371_qgIErNkkmbCZArJ_5.png
╰ ★ ჻ 004 INTERACTIONS & RELATIONSHIPS ,
· SOOT CLAW x PEBBLE BREEZE, sister to Pebblenose
╰ ‣ heterosexual. mate to Weaselclaw
╰ ‣ mother to Windpaw & Sootpaw
╰ ‣ mentor to Smokepaw & Coyotepaw
╰ ‣ average fighter . skilled hunter .
╰ ‣ will start fights . unlikely to flee .
╰ ‣ attack in underline . penned by user @ava.