camp MY ROTTEN MIND &. predator activity patrol assignment

they didn't bother getting on top of their rock. they just needed to quickly send out some patrols but... first they needed to see who was up for it. this was more on the dangerous side and if some cats would rather have stayed behind, then they will not fault them. their nose twitches back and forth before they call put.

"all cats willing and able to join a few patrols, please step forward. with the slow decrease within frogs, there has to be less predators. but I wsnt to make sure. @lilacfur, you will be leading the first amongst the patrols. any volunteers?"

they ask, scanning the crowd with a tilt of their head.

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    46 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

As she walked into the ShadowClan clearing from the Nursery, the cinnamon tabby's paws itched as if they were fleabitten. It was almost mournful to see their prosperity come to an end at their own paws, but with it came the opportunity to scan for the predators that had threatened her too many times for the she-cat to let it slide. There were few in the group she could trust to back her up on patrol, but with a confidence built by vengeance, it hardly seemed to matter. "I can go wherever I'm needed," Ferndance smiled, her tail-tip curling in anticipation.

Reactions: CHILLEDSTAR.
THE GODS CAN KNEEL ⋆⁺₊⋆
"I shall like to put myself forward for assisting with the patrols." Willowburn beamed a merry smile as he sauntered his way towards Chilledstar as he heard them announcing the plans for patrols. With luck nothing foul would befall any of the groups heading out, but he knew that he would have to keep his wits about himself.
- ⋆ -

[ ༻❄༺ ] Hearing Chilledstar call for patrols made the tom's ears perk up. His tail twitched lightly before he moved closer to the already forming group of cats. Would it be considered speaking out of terms if he offered himself up too? He wasn't sure but Snowpaw wanted to help out in any way he could for the clan so... "I would like to go too" he offered up to Chilledstar. Anyway he could help the clan so no other would end up dead in their borders because of predators.

• "speak""Thoughts"
  • Snowpaw He/Him, apprentice of Shadowclan, 9 moons.
    Lithe long hair blue lynx sepia with high white, and yellow eyes. Stubby tail, permanent resting bitch face
    Hailfreckle x Mudsplash
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted (ask first) / / underline and tag when attacking
    see battle info here
    penned by Ryn@/Rynnaro on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Mirepurr has never been much of a fighter, unsurprisingly. Even with Scalejaw's thorough training, they much rather tended to the land they roam and to those who live in it; aiding life is simply more interesting than harming it, even when they know it's for the better of their Clan. The threat of predators has been looming over them like some sort of omen-born owl however... unsheathing their claws to protect those who cannot defend themselves is the better alternative here.

Already their Clanmates are chiming in and volunteering their own skin. This comradery, at least, can never be taken from them. "Wherever you need me, I'll go."

⋆⁺₊ ☾ ⁺₊⋆  The marsh's bounty runs dry, and Swansong does her best not to mourn it. It is helpful to stay unattached. "I, ah..." Their eyes are fixed upon the ground, yet they can feel Chilledstar's gaze as it sweeps across the gathered cats - can feel when it lands upon them. They had been called to lead a patrol, so the leader must see something in them. Swansong needs to help their clan, to lead them from this danger; they swallow back their hesitance. "I can go, if I am needed..." It is soft, monotone. No trace of nervousness.

• 81294824_mjXd5ejx6RrZPyn.png
  • SWANSONG ⋆⁺₊ ⁺₊⋆ she / they, warrior of shadowclan, thirteen moons.
    a pale, silky-furred cream tabby with tired blue eyes.
    dreamy and detached, known for her perpetual sleepiness.
    halfshade x smogmaw, littermate to applejaw, garlicheart, & ashenfall.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Ears pivot towards the leader's summons, and in short order, Smogmaw congregates around them among his clanmates. At first his lips draw tight across his mouth, given the inherent degree of danger that's present in this task, but the further he considers Chilledstar's instruction, the prickle in his neck-furs begins to subside. Assuming their words carried a truthful weight, and the efforts to thin out the frog population signalled a semblance of progress, then mitigating the surplus predators is the most logical next step.

By process, it'll aid in stabilising ShadowClan's little ecosystem. By extension, the clan will experience what an optimist could consider 'normalcy' inside its territory. "I'm down for whatever," says the deputy in a remarkably casual tone, faring as if he's talking about the weather, eyes glazed with a mellow sheen as his thoughts venture elsewhere.

He harkens back to the badger, which had brought great harm upon Scalejaw and terrorised their two apprentices; the very same beast that nearly tore Pipitclaw and Lilacfur's pelts from their skins. To think it still loitered somewhere in the marshland, and could rise up at any given opportunity to prove them weak? His head inclines mechanically, bearing forward in the light. "Let's do all we can for our clan's security."

" Let me come along too." If they had a dangerous predator lurking around in their territory Lividpaw for sure wouldn't mind to help put it down to make sure the survival of shadowclan continued. They already had the frogs to deal with and so the quicker they could get ride of the predators that roamed around the safer it would be to contunie to deal with the frogs. At least they were harmless. This for sure was a far bigger problem that needed to get adressed and taken care of as swiftly as possible.

➼➼ The clan’s efforts to rid its territory of frogs seems to be working, and although Stryker doesn’t think himself a ShadowClanner in truth, he’s beginning to feel like one in community. Some of the cats of the clan don’t accept him, and likely never will, but he’s faced worse than some disapproving glances and words. At least the clan is fixing its frog problem, bit by bit.

Chilledstar asks for volunteers to go on patrols in search of predators, and the black and white tom figures putting himself forward for the task is the least he can do. The clan has been so kind to shelter him, Forestshade helping teach him to hunt with skill greater than a kit’s, so the concept of risking injury to help ShadowClan doesn’t take even a moment of hesitation. He searches for a stocky torbie form in the gathered cats, but doesn’t see her, so he focuses his attention back on the clan’s leader. "I can go, if Forestshade goes."

• ooc:
  • 18648745_COmype1KcH43Y7q.png
    STRYKER ❯❯ he/him, former carrionplace loner
    thin black and white tom with mismatched blue and yellow eyes. calm and nonchalant, difficult to anger.
    currently on a probationary period; shadowing forestshade.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    penned by foxlore

The twitch of a sap-tangled tail followed Lilacfur's attentive look towards Chilledstar as they brief the Clan. With the increase of frogs, the cats aren't the only one's prancing through the marshes at the chance... Amber sights flicker towards the medicine den, flashing reminders of how lethal even a moment of being caught off guard could turn.

"Thank you for everyone's enthusiasm! I fear a big crowd may attract more unwanted attention, but you will surely all be placed on the later patrols." Lilacfur looked between the faces that had volunteered, weighing the probability and their skills to her favor.

Ferndance was a good tracker and evaded danger well, as she recalled when she returned unscathed from the bears. Willowburn had a sharp eye for detail. Snowpaw and Lividpaw would not be sold short for their bravery, she would not want to needlessly endanger them. Especially not without their mentors present. Mirepurr would help keep them on the cautious side, which could be helpful to not push on if it grew too dangerous. Swansong was kind company but she feared her drowsiness would deter her ability to remain alert, her father however possessed the skill and knowledge of the marshes beyond many. Stryker... Her trust in Forestshade had practically depleted at the audacity of bringing in a stranger like him at all. Forestshade could lead her own patrol with him.

"Ferndance, Willowburn, Mirepurr and Smogmaw. You will be coming with me." She gave a definitive nod before looking back to the white-struck leader. "We'll check the territory east of the burnt sycamore." The molly rose, paws set toward nursery for a brief farewell to her kits before they all set to depart.
[ i need the clouds to cover me ]

Last edited:
the leader only gives a brief nod to lilacfur. they look over the rest of the crowd before assigning the next two patrols.

"forestshade, your nose will be better at picking up the scent then most. lead a patrol, and take stryker, swallowpaw, flintpaw and screechpaw with you. stay together. your patrol will be tomorrow."

they lash their tail back and forth in thought before continuing.

"haretooth. take swansong, valleysong, snowpaw, and sneezepaw for your own. tomorrow night will be your patrol. be vigilant."

they take a second before twitching their ears.

"and watch out for rogues. we will talk more next clan meeting. you're dismissed."

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

•  
  • black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    46 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

"INDELIBLE IS WHAT I NEED TO SPREAD THE WORD."
Originally he thought he had misheard Chilledstar when they assigned patrols. Of course he volunteered once the request for them arose, stepping to the front to be in union with the decent group of other volunteers. In his humble opinion any able warrior should be volunteering, that wasn’t his call to make though so he was more than happy to not voice his stance. To lead a patrol though, his pride swelled at the thought, his ego also took a boost from this.

A smug satisfactory smile finding its place in his expression, he didn’t boast about it vocally, the nonverbal language was enough. Haretooth wouldn't call himself particularly power hungry, yet as is standard for ShadowClan he finds himself starved. The tom didn’t expect anything in particular to come from this outing, yet he had learnt to not be complacent in expecting the norm.

With a curt nod towards the leader his eyes searched for those he had been assigned with. There was no particularly strong opinion towards anyone, well except for Swansong. Out of anyone he would probably assign the title of friend to her. Still, if he did hold ire or affection towards anyone in the group then it would have been cast aside regardless.

“We'll head west of camp tomorrow night, between here and Carrionplace.” He meowed to inform the leader as he made up his mind on where to go, his tone not portraying the excitement he had for the opportunity. His hypothesis was that if there were to be predators stalking the lands their territory marked then their numbers would be at its highest towards Carrionplace. If the frogs were truly decreasing then it would make sense for the predators to start sourcing food in alternative places like that.

✯☽✯

CAN'T YOU TELL I'M CRASS?
CAN'T YOU TELL I'M WIRED?

swallowpaw 07 moons polygender any pronouns shadowclan apprentice

72778216_GOsdGhfvVAz7qmq.png
Swallowpaw is more than a little excited to hear her name called out -and why wouldn't she? Sure, predators could be dangerous, and they might run straight into one on their trip, but that's what made things fun... wasn't it? Besides, she was being trusted on such an important patrol - and wasn't that just great?! Rocking on her paws, she gives a bright grin full of sharp teeth and bounces her way over to the lead warrior barely keeping grasp on her enthusiasm. She's trying to be better after all - and that means not talking everyone's ear off every chance she gets.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

T E L L - M E - N O T H I N G - L A S T S ( - L I K E - I - D O N ' T - K N O W ?- )

Nectarsong feels resounding guilt rise to the surface, immediately following the relief that sweeps through them. They're a warrior, and should be proud to serve their Clan like this, to keep their home safe ... but the scents of predators drawn too-close by the frogs has them on edge. Nectarsong can't shake the feeling that if they were to go out now, they would make a costly mistake. They exhale a breath, some tension slipping from faintly-dappled shoulders, and step closer to the nursery.

"Good luck." They murmur, a flick of their tail accompanying their words blue eyes darting between familiar muzzles. Would they all return home? StarClan willing, their respective safeties would be assured, and they would not have to bury anyone this night. "Be safe."

✧ . The brown tabby is not called upon to join in this round of patrols. Though disappointment rises at the realization, Ribbitleap accepts the choices Chilledstar makes nonetheless. With predators still possibly lurking the marshes, these patrols will be risky ones. The warrior silently prays to the stars, asks his fallen kin for success and safety to all of them — to the clan.

The warrior dips his head, an echo of Nectarsong’s words following. “ Good luck. “ They’ll need all they can get. ​
EpC61GT.png
  • 75352496_gFsg6B3oNHI0fCV.png
    RIBBITLEAP AMAB. He / Him. Warrior of ShadowClan.
    ✧ . A brown tabby tom with green eyes.
    ✧ . Geckoscreech x Toad's Prowl
    ✧ . Mentored by Rustleap ; Currently mentoring Emberpaw
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack