private No need to say goodbye ⸙ Sheeppaw

Brackenpaw

Theme week: Hisuian Sneasel
Apr 8, 2024

Cats have started to be allowed out of the abandoned badger set, allowed to rejoin the majority of camp. The day the first cat had been let out had left Brackenpaw waiting for more, waiting for faces she looked forward to seeing. Amongst them was Sheeppaw, when he didn’t show up the first night she felt a bitter disappointment. Curled up in her nest under the stars and hoping that the next day would bring a better fortune. She could hear the chipper tone of her friend by morning, hindered by sickness but unmistakingly belonging to the apprentice. They push them self up from where they rest, running towards him with a rare show of unabashed joy. Barely holding herself back from practically toppling him over when she stopped just in front of him.

“Sheeppaw, hey! They let you out?” They take the time to inspect their friend, peering around to see if anything was different about the apprentice. There still some lingering semblance of sickness, nothing notable enough to be overly concerning but they still keep an eye out for any signs. Sheeppaw just seemed tired mostly, from what she could tell anyways. Tail flicking in the air with excitement as she stares expectantly for any kind of reply, to hear him talk once more. “I found things that you might have liked while you’ve been away” they figured that if things hadn’t gone this way then maybe Sheeppaw would have collected these items for himself.

“It’s just bug wings and rocks, some of the bugs aren’t going to come out anymore so I wanted to try and find some before you” so you wouldn’t miss out, they leave that unspoken. It felt too exposing to her, to be this open about missing a friend. Viewing it as some sign of weakness, she knew it wasn’t the case but it was a vulnerability that they didn’t really know how to express. “I can show you, it’s just by my nest” they linger there for a moment, before turning to lead him to their nest with another flick of the tail.

• ooc. @SHEEPPAW
  •  
  • Brackenpaw
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 10 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater

Reactions: SHEEPPAW
Large dark ears perk forward then swivel, letting the sound of rushing pawsteps fill them. He spots the incoming perpetrator, their voice calling out to him. His plumy tail springs up, as he lets his opalescent gaze sweep upon Brackenpaw's form. He lets a smile split across his dark lips. With leaf - fall's inevitable arrival, the breeze swept through his fur– making his coat already more windswept.

The moorland breeze caressing her fur so sweetly, as she bounces on her toes in excitement. Sheeppaw was jovial, seeing one of her most bestest friends! She had missed Brackenpaw, it was soooo boring being in the muggy, torrid badger sett with his temporary denmates. The black smoke lets her muzzle wrinkle up, she could already imagine the taste of the bittersweet herb Wolfsong had given her. But, she was free of the plague that had gripped her in it's disgusting, noxious claws. The molly couldn't wait to catch up with her friends.

With a sheepish grin. "Yeah, they let me out... Finally." Mumbled from dark lips, voice unused from weeks of barely speaking. All except for her own sickly wheezes and coughs. She lets her plumy tail sweep against the dirt. Tired, dull blue eyes blink slowly as watches Brackenpaw inspect him over. Her charcoal - dusted paws knead at the dirt beneath her, an ear flicked towards Brackenpaw.

Things...? Bug wings? Rocks? He blinks rapidly, bouncing on his toes once more with a grin settled on his darkened face. He can't wait to see all the pretty things, his friend collected for him. Hopefully he'll be more... garrulous when he talks a bit more. "Okay!" He chirps, a raspy sound before he follows after his fellow apprentice with a bounce in his step.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / SHE ; not opposed to gendered terms
    ⸝⸝ CURRENTLY 10 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not actively looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, B9D6F2" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like night air & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

It was bittersweet to see Sheeppaw right now, a delight to see him of course but strangely tragic for him to be in such a weakened state. At least he seemed to be taking in the delights of the moors once more, that brought some comfort to her at least. She didn’t understand how he managed to stick with such a zany attitude even now but it had brought some comfort to them. They huffed, it seemed to juxtapose her own attitude, if anyone looked between the two of them then it may have seemed that Brackenpaw was the one locked up at the abandoned badger set with yellowcough, given how sombre they seemed to be.

“Finally, how long were they intending to keep you locked up in there anyways?” She decided to try and show some form of vulnerability, an awkward smile gracing her maw. Despite how tired Sheeppaw seemed, the mention of the items they had procured brought a more chipper tone to their interaction. “You’re out now so that means you’re better, right?” Surely the apprentice was fine, he wouldn’t have been let out if that wasn’t the case and yet she couldn’t help but be concerned despite that. With a wide sweep of her tail they turn on their paws at the chirp of her friend, her xanthic gaze flicking over the sea of nests that the warriors and apprentices slept under the stars in. Spotting her own further out, she’s quick to weave through the bounds of moss.

“Here, uh… There were some moths and butterflies that lingered around, I only managed to catch some, I thought the wings would suit you” She’s sheepish in her words, unsure how the presentation of her gifts would go over. A pale paw brushes over the iridescent wings of the insects she collected and the speckled rocks, untangling them from their nest and pushing them towards Sheeppaw. “I thought they would look nice in your fur or would make your nest look nicer” she was pretty sure that it would need to be freshened up sometime soon. “How are you? You weren’t too bored in there were you?” Not that they could really do anything to change this, however she wanted to at least show that she cared about the recovering cats well-being.

• ooc.
  •  
  • Brackenpaw
    they/she, tunneler apprentice of Windclan, 10 moons (ages on the 22nd)
    a lithe and fragile looking calico that looks like they still need to grow into her ears
    Speech, thoughts, attacking
    NPC x NPC, mentored by Bluefrost
    easy to befriend other kits, gradually harder to befriend every rank after that
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Juice ↛ @/ouijeejuice on discord, feel free to dm for plots.
    All opinions are IC!! Bracken is a little hater

When you're confined to a space so boring, bland, and full of the sick. Xeric to him. Sheeppaw is more then happy to follow after one of his most important friends with a slow sweep of his tail. His usual quirky attitude is dulled quickly as it arrived. The black smoke was free from being locked away for so long, but he much too drowsy all in the same. "Hmm, not for long." He grins at the most awkward smile Brackenpaw graced him. He follows after the calico, humming out an answer to their question.

"Ehhh, Am better now aren't I? I'm up and about, no more sickness here!" Sure, his fur is a mess. Why wouldn't it? He hadn't had the time to groom his coat at all, he actually didn't want to clean anything with his mouthful of coughs and tiredness within his figure. He could ask his Mother to help him out... Maybe later. She lets his blue - eyed gaze drift over the apprentice's nests, she had sorely missed being under the stars. Weaving through multiple nests, she came to a stop at Brackenpaw's. The molly perks her ears up in interest at the words Moths and Butterflies. Her tail swayed in keen solicitous. She felt warm. She opens her maw to speak in an airy but glib reply. "Thank you for the gifts... I'll treasure them forever." With a small smile, she paws through the various iridescent butterfly wings and rocks before bending down to take a moth wing for herself. She was impressed at the collection her friend gifted her, she will definitely gift her something in return!

He gently weaves the moth wing on the side of his neck, beaming down at the finished product. "How... do I look?" He questions, tilting his head to side. Now that the sad, halcyon days are behind him. The moor - runner apprentice's ear twitches as he huffed through his nose. "I was a little bored in there. But I have been thinking..." He trails off, plumy dark tail curling around his paws while his muzzle starts to rugose in thought.

A little bit pernicious in his questioning thoughts. Squeezing his arms together, he whispers. "I've been thinking about how I feel about myself, while I was stuck in the Badger sett. I... want to be a girl but I still want to be a boy. Er... I want to be both a girl and a boy... A tom and a molly. Is– Is that weird?" Her dark paws shuffle anxiously amongst the ground, as he waits for a response. Her head tilts down to look at the various gifts at her paws.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / SHE ; not opposed to gendered terms
    ⸝⸝ CURRENTLY 10 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not actively looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, B9D6F2" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like night air & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone