oh, you fill my head with pieces 》 FLORABREEZE

KITE

i think that your mind is gone
Jul 17, 2024
✦​
As soon as Kite heard the rustling of fronds and the indiscernible meows of Skyclan's finest in the near distance, Kite was on their paws at once. Kite purrs lightly, bounding their way through the throng of cats who pressed through the camp's entrance. They waited (impatiently) for the lovely face of Florabreeze. "Welcome back," Kite calls softly as they catch sight of their friend. The tabby's heart flutters erratically as moonlight casts an illuminating silver glow over Florabreeze's masked face, the effect of such a sight results in a tight-lipped smile and a less subtle, excited whisk of their tail.

"How was it... as a lead warrior?" Kite asks as they brush their head against the Maine Coon's shoulder, guiding her towards a quieter and less excitable part of camp. As they walk in sync, Kite nudges their nose into the crook of Florabreeze's neck, nostrils flaring as they inhale the muddied scent of Four Trees- the clearing they've only seen from afar but hopes to sit visit soon. Kite is glad Florabreeze does not mind the way in which they sit too close when they speak, their dulled expressions and the strange way they smell, taking in the world (and the way in which her friend experiences it) through their sensitive nose.

Earlier in the day, the two agreed to steal some time for themselves after the gathering and before Florabreeze went away, leaving for her other life without Kite. Kite sits down next to Florabreeze and lays down on their side, blinking up at their friend as they search for words. With an undertone of nervousness in Kite's voice, they murmur, "I'm really..." Proud? Enamored? Scared... Happy "...I was so... happy to hear Orangestar appoint you as lead warrior. I am... I think that is so... cool."

Cool!? Kite's ears shoot backwards as the word leaves their mouth and they shrink into their dark fur. They likely picked up the word from one of the younger members of the clan they speak with... never has this word been apart of their vocabulary until now. Instead of just continuing to stare at Florabreeze blankly, Kite lurches forward. In a quick movement, Kite throws their muscular forearms around Florabreeze's neck and tries to use their strength to gently pull the she-cat into the ground. Maybe the surprise will make Florabreeze forget her use of such an unfamiliar word.

• @Florabreeze
  • — black tabby with a small stature and compact muscles ; TAGS
    — 39, ages every 21st
    they/them
    speech
    — peaceful powerplay allowed