private OLIVE BRANCH † DOGBITE

BEETLEBACK

but he never really quit, he'd just say he did
Sep 4, 2023
Why... Why did I sit next to him? The air is suffocating and he's beginning to wonder how he isn't dead yet considering he's been sitting next to Dogbite for a couple of seconds now and the other tom hasn't moved yet. I can feel him glaring at me. A quick glance towards the warrior is a mistake when he meets a singular blue eye. SHIT! Amber eyes dart back to the hustle and bustle of camp. The reality is that the simple solution to this would be getting up and scampering away, but call it pride or fear his paws were glued to the ground. For some reason his mind supplied situations in which he got up and the warrior beside him would hiss and bat at him. Although, I don't think sitting here any longer is good for my heart! Ugh, why does he hate me? Frankly he hasn't done anything personal to Dogbite. Not once has he yelled or swatted at the other. The only time he could think of is when Bobbie slapped him and outed him as a cheater, Dogbite shielding his former mate from him. As if he was going to attack her like a some rabid animal.

That had been moons ago and yet things haven't changed. Dogbite doesn't seem to want to be near him and if they were passing each other they had to pretend they didn't know each other. Honestly it was a bit tiring. And then, for an instant the suffocating air between them is lifted enough that he raises his head from his paws to glance at Dogbite. He doesn't see blue this time. Huh? He follows the line of sight and eventually lands on Applefrost. Now two toms are staring at Applefrost. She looks beautiful I will admit. He gaze trails back towards Dogbite to see them enthralled. Ohhhh I see! You gotta thing for her! Can't blame ya.

He bears a crooked grin as he mew enough only for Dogbite to hear, "She's beautiful isn't she? Nice blue eyes like the sky that you can get lost in, not to mention the orange fur on her face makes 'em pop out more. White fluffy fur, I bet it feels like you're sleeping on clouds if she lets you into her nest." ABORT! ABORT! ABBOOOOORTTTT! Please, this can not be stressed enough that Beetleback has no tact. So much so that he turns to look directly at Dogbite and nods, "Do you think she'd go on a date with me?" Definitely not lol. We don't even talk enough for each other. One does not joke about these things, especially with someone who hated your guts.

/ @Dogbite he's making all the wrong choices here

• Dead
Reactions: DOGBITE
They were not thrilled to be sorting out old nests with Beetleback of all cats, but chores needed to be completed one way or another. Many of the paws' were injured, and he needed some form of distraction. Blazestar's death, Bobbie's injury, and Orangeblossom due back and moment now had them on edge. Unfortunately, Beetleback had graciously offered himself up for the task alongside him and Applefrost. Keeping his emotions busy, he repeated the action of sorting, tossing, grabbing, and fluffing, only allowing his eye to wander every now and then when their friend did something awfully pretty. Like the way she curled her tail or spoke in a stern bravado. It made his heartbeat quicken with fierceness at every passing glance. He hadn't meant for his shy peeking to go noticed, and worst of all, their one, if only, annoyance within Skyclan had to squander it.

Dogbite's pelt prickled, and his body froze in place. Shut up. The first words that came to mind sounded off with a violent urgency. Applefrost was hardly two fox lengths away when his clanmate began spouting off 'niceties'. Heat pooled in the tabby's face as his brow began to furrow with irritation. Shut. Up. On and on the blue tabby yammered, and made countless flaunty compliments about the she-cat of his eye. Beetleback's last drawling meow made the scarred feline want to exist anywhere else than the current moment he was stuck in. A hideous anger flared in the depths of the warrior's chest, and it took nearly every ounce of courage for him not to reel around and dish out a slap just as fierce as the one Bobbie had given him in the past.

Eerily, his scraggly head cocked to the side, pupil as thin as a hair, and fang peeking beneath scruffy cheeks. A low growl accented his strangely mellow voice while his face coiled into a snarl. "Mind your tongue, Beetleback, or you might have to fish it out of the river." There's no real truth to the threat, but Dogbite intended to put an intense enough glare behind it to make it convincing. This tom was no friend of his and such gall makes their stomach twist. Huffing, he unfroze from his stiff-necked position and scooted off several paw steps to the right, taking their half-finished nesting with them. An attempt to complete his duties in peace.

• image.png

• ———✧———​
    ✧ LH cinnamon tabby w/high white one blue eye
    ✧ child of npc x npc ; sibling to crescent and bear
    ✧ skyclan warrior ; ex-loner ; mentor to littlepaw
    ✧ 32 moons old ; birthday 07/01 ; ages realistically
    ✧ AFAB ; nonbinary ; he/they
    ✧ pansexual ; polyromantic ; single
    "speech", thought, attack, powerplay
    ✧ peaceful powerplay allowed
    ✧ penned by tasmagoric
    ———✧———​