private PLACES TO RETURN TO ☆ CLAYTHORN

85881071_tQJgBgZ0hgmfN25.gif
@claythorn is in the nursery. It feels a little like seeing a fish walking around on its fins, sat up on dry land—it might be possible, in some other universe, but it feels extremely wrong in this one. Claythorn and nursery simply do not go together in his mind, eternally separated by some vast and unconquerable barrier—and yet, conquered it has been, and her stocky oak - and - flame body is visible through the willow - woven sedge entrance. He supposes he would have thought Iciclefang equally incapable of taking up residence there, and yet she had, and reared up three kits in a very Iciclefang way, not that he would have expected any less.

Similarly, as he had dutifully towed his best catches to Iciclefang throughout her time there, he now has a new repository for the plump, slow - moving fish he's apt to drag from the slumbering depths of the river. He squints suspiciously at Claythorn again through the den's mouth, and when mismatched gilt eyes find his own, freezes, already - messy tufts of fur spiking further skyward. No turning back now.

The warrior ducks awkwardly into the reed - lined den, itself now blessedly less crowded, though he still has to mind where he sets his heavy paws. Craning his neck uncomfortably, the roof of the den poking the tips of his outsize ears, he sits in an unwieldy bundle of limbs before the queen. A greenleaf - fat trout slides to rest before her pale ginger forepaws, and the square of his jaw sets into a line of discomfort as he glances away at the smattering of soft nests dotting the earth. Maybe I could bring her some down - feathers or something for her nest, he notes as his gaze roves over the enclosed space, anywhere but Claythorn's unreadable face.

" Brought you a fish, " he offers unhelpfully, like the plump pile of scales isn't sitting directly before her golden gaze. " Help the kits swim well. " He cringes a little, wondering if that's rude or something, since he doesn't think he's ever seen Claythorn herself touch a drop of the stuff.

" If you tell me your favorite, I'll, uh, try and bring it next time, " Cicadaflight rasps. If she wants there to be a next time, anyways.
4d5460.png

OOC :

Claythorn was still of the same opinion that Cicadaflight was some days- The nursery. Something that she thought was so intangible just weeks prior. Love wasn't something that she understood, but perhaps, she had a semblance of it with Otterbite. It was her decision, anyways, to carry his young. It felt like daily that she had to remind herself she was doing this for both of them, that she wanted these kits.

Mismatched goldens lifted, finding icier and similar orange hues with a hint of surprise. He looks caught, which... does bring forth some level of amusement as she shifts, her tail sweeping briefly as she leaned her head back. Cicadaflight approaches with some level of grace, toting a fish that settles between her paws. Amusement is still sparked within her as she looks up at him, his ears pushing through the roof of the den.

Claythorn's nest, compared to the others, was... bare. She had little trinkets to her name, only two feathers sticking out from where a kit had gifted them to her what felt like eons ago. Her head tilted gently as he spoke, and a snort left her, finally wearing a grin as her head turned down to nudge the fish. ".. You're a thoughtful cat, you know." She says- it's less a compliment and more fact, in her mind.

Not just anyone came in here looking for her. Not just anyone presented the new queen with means of nourishment, be it food or otherwise. Much less, the cat that she had uttered sense into more then once. "I.. don't think I have a favorite." She murmured moments later, leaning down to rip a piece of flesh from the fish and chewing for a moment. When she had swallowed, vision tilted up towards Cicadaflight. "Never got to appreciate food they way I do now."
  • "speech"
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, warrior of riverclan, fifteen moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    mated to otterbite / / only child
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.