PLANTING A GARDEN // MARCH GATHERING

It's the first Gathering of newleaf, and warm chatter and gentle night breezes fill the clearing. One by one, the five clan's leaders will make their way towards the Great Rock, and when they finally climb to the top, they will find that only three leaders are actually present. Howlingstar is not there, this evening. Unbeknownst to anyone outside of ThunderClan, she lays back in her den in the ravine, recovering from the losses she'd faced the day prior. Wounds still score her shoulders blades, now swathed in cobwebs and herbs unknown to her. Raccoonstripe stands in her place, her son who carries all the might and nobility she bears at every full-moon meeting. With Flamewhisker in the nursery, heavy with unborn kits, Flycatcher is at his side tonight. ThunderClan is not without experienced leadership tonight, but the exhaustion and heaviness of grief in the forest clan's gazes might be enough for some to know things are not all well.

When one leader steps to the front, of the Great Rock, their chin lifted high, all chatter between clans slows to a lull, and the clearing is filled with silence.

// very short, essentially just to say Howlingstar and Flamewhisker are not here tonight! The Gathering begins!

Commission_-_Fireflypaw_IcarusFell3.png
The missing company of his grandmother is a missed one, and Fireflypaw mourns the fact that she isn't there to meet Howlfire's children. His niblings were all smart kids, with big legacies on their shoulders. They should be fine in this world, and if not.. Well, Fireflypaw would do his best to protect them and his other new siblings.

"And it begins." Fireflypaw hums softly, milky blue eyes staring owlishly into the crowd of cats in front of him.​
SKYCLAN MEDICINE CAT APPRENTICE ✦ 20 MOONS ✦ CHUNKY, BIG-FOOTED SEAL POINT ✦ TAGS

—————————————————————⊰★⊱————————————————————

He is somewhat unerved to see that Howlingstar is missing and Smogmaw is once again standing in for Chilledstar. His ears flick as he glances at the two standins with some scrutiny as if trying to gauge mood - neither seemed to look as though they were mourning and Raccoonstripe was the ThunderClan leader's son, surely he would not look so composed if his mother passed or perhaps he was reading the tom wrong. Either way, he mouths his concern out loud, "Raccoonstripe, Smogmaw, I certainly hope your presence are not indicative of any poor news. Regardless I will speak first as I have something urgent I wish to say." Rising to stand proper the dark tom's head lifts and he addresses the gathered cats with his usual stern but calm tone though an edge of unease creeps into his voice, "Cats of the Clans, our Medicine Cat Ravensong has gone missing - we fear he may have been swept away by the river. As you know it winds through all the territories and bends around most our borders, I ask you to please keep your eyes open for him. To cats unfamiliar he is a solid black tom with large ears and green eyes. May StarClan guide him home to us..."
Smokestar inhaled deeply, single eye closed before he spoke again, "That being said, we have also lost a warrior this moon. A founder of our clan and former member of the colonies, Mudpelt. He leaves behind him a legacy of strong warriors, two of which serve on my council and one of which has welcomed in grandkits that I am sure he is looking down upon from StarClan. RiverClan welcomes Cragkit, Crabkit and Pinekit to our nursery and we expect several others. Leafbare was cruel, but in newleaf we have continued to flourish."
Lilybloom would be adding to the grandchildren Mudpelt would never see and it was heartbreaking to think of such, he hoped he lived long enough to see his own kits raise their own families one day. There was also Lilacbird and Swiftfire, they would be flooded with kits within the next moon and he was already mentally considering future mentors even without knowing how many would arrive.
"The past few moons I mentioned we had some issues relating to rogues and we have since dealt with them, those who did not fall to our claws fled for their lives. I can not say where they went, but I assure you they despise the clans so be wary of your borders."
There was still a sense of pride as he spoke, that the clan had overcome something that was once so reminisce of when they had been driven from their home before, where they had lost Cicadastar. It was like taking it back in a way, reclaiming their dignity.
"...and last but certainly not least. I have added another of the cats who went upon that journey to my council, dutiful and loyal as her mother who once served Cicadastar before her, Mosspool is now a Lead Warrior of RiverClan and I expect she will do great things."
RiverClan's dark-furred leader shifted on his paws briefly as he offered a faint smile, pleased at the new addition and glad to remind the clans once more of his growing council and clan as a whole.
"That is all from RiverClan." Smokestar sits, tail sweeping around his paws to curl around his forelegs.

• OOC can go here.

• 57913530_r2t3y4lghl4FDra.png
    Smokestar
    —⊰⋅ Leader of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/vitiligo & one orange eye.

Like the moon before, Orangestar is asked - indirectly, this time - to keep a watchful eye out for a missing Clan cat. Her eyes immediately flick towards Smogmaw, a silent shake of her head accompanying the glance. They hadn't seen the warrior ShadowClan had lost. Swept away by the river ... she recalls a a ThunderClan warrior having had the same misfortune, though he had been swept ashore on SkyClan's border. RiverClan's medicine cat may have had no such luck, from the way Smokestar speaks. She dips her head in condolence to the announcement of a death, though her eyes soften at the mention of new kits. It was a shame that Mudpelt wouldn't be able to watch them grow up. It reminds her of a piece of news she has to share, later, and her eyes drop.

"Congratulations to you and your council." She meows to Smokestar with a slight incline of her chin. She remembers Mosspaw, vaguely, from the Journey; are they one and the same? Orangestar steps forward when he retreats, tail brushing against the rock.

"Tonight, SkyClan welcomes Sorrelsong as a warrior before the Clans; and five apprentices to their first Gathering: Springpaw and Pumpkinpaw; and Blazingpaw, Hawkpaw and Wolfpaw." She seeks them out in the crowd, letting her attention rest on them all in turn. "We have also seen a fair amount of cats join the Clan. Spice, Harmony, and Flora, to name a few; and Squirrel, who has returned home after many moons."

"Bobbie, a member of my own council, has welcomed three kits of her own: Hollykit, Candorkit and Lionkit." She does not mention their father. It's none of the Clans' business that these kits were sired by the late Blazestar, and while she's currently quite certain SkyClan has no claws poised to strike against them, Orangestar does not want to give any accidental fuel to a potential fire. "Another of our warriors, Hollywhisper, is due to kit any day now."

Orangestar shuffles her paws, flexing her claws in and out of the rock beneath her. She hesitates, briefly, before her next piece of news. "SkyClan has not escaped unscathed, however. One of our warriors, Ashenclaw, now walks with StarClan. He was a good and compassionate warrior ..." Her voice wavers. I just wish he'd gotten to see our kits earn their names. "Who leaves a legacy of our own kits."

She wants to continue. There's more to announce, but admitting her former mate's death to the Clans has taken all the life out of the sunkissed leader. It had only been one wolf Johnnyflame and Katniss saw, briefly glimpsed along the ThunderClan border. She would inform Raccoonstripe - or Flycatcher, whom she knows a tiny bit better - privately, at the close of the evening.

"That is all from SkyClan."

•  
  •  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | nine lives
    " a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."

— single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #E3B2A9
    tags | art by pin

He does not speak of the gorge. The area that breaks their territory apart is a looming threat — he knows that it must have crossed Smokestar's mind before. His brow knits, his expression inscrutable. Even if he did not know the tomcat, a medicine cat was as necessary for a clan as its leader. Does Moonpaw stand trained enough to fill in during the meantime? He considers briefly if he should offer his aid. There is no chance that the warrior would take it. Wolfsong is a precious piece of his clan and his heart both; he would not see him too lost to the river, even if he might gladly spend some time among the fish-eaters for a bite of their prey. "We will keep an eye for your healer, and an eye to StarClan for your warrior," he murmurs, words rippling loosely throughout the silenced crowd.

"WindClan thrives in our first season renewed. Our moors blossom with flowers," as does his pelt, he recalls (to stand here seriously as his pelt is adorned with the scent and color of their home and speak of what plagues their clan is no simple feat), "and our nursery is full. Even with our bounties, we must work to feed the many mouths in our clan." Vaguely, Sunstar whispers, I am worried. This time of plenty was not without its trials. It was not an endless feast before them, and with the ample prey comes predators, and death. "We have welcomed three of the barn cats who stood with us against Sootstar: Celandine, Grave, and Kat. While they do not accompany WindClan this moon, in times to come they will be proud and skilled warriors."

He steps closer to the edge of the rock, his gaze seeking one of his clanmates. "@SEDGEPOUNCE has returned despite the wound that pulled him from our borders. He has healed well, and we rejoice in his return!" There are others that had come begging admittance to a clan that they had once called home. Though his gaze does not find Orangestar, his mind lingers in her direction. Did she know what became of the cats SkyClan had released? Seaglass eyes sweep his warriors in patient warning: don't. They would not share more than they must, and Sunstar will not see them weakened more than the rest of his news will give to them.

It comes with a swallow, and a bitterness in his eyes. Despite the gentle petals woven throughout his fur, Sunstar's expression is stormy. "WindClan too has lost a warrior. Heathermoon, a newly named warrior who stood steadfast in defense of his clan, has been killed by Granitepelt, and perhaps even more of those that chose to follow him." Another failure of WindClan's, yes, but before this came ShadowClan, and that is where he turns his eyes. His chin tipped up and his shoulders rolled wide: "We have begun to track his scent; should we find where he takes shelter, ShadowClan will be the first to know," he tells Smogmaw firmly. "Ensure that Chilledstar hears my promise, and knows that his time will come to an end."

With a final, cautious look to ThunderClan, his eyes hooded and darkened with curiosity, he retreats from his position on the rock to allow another room to speak. "Nothing more of WindClan."
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • sun_icon_new2.png
    SUNSTAR. LEADER OF WINDCLAN.  
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, MOUNTAIN CATS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING RIVEPAW.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, FRESHLY SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS BLUE EYES

Shoulder-to-shoulder among the clan leaders once again. Bitterness seeps through an abrupt sigh, which resounds in tandem with the other representatives' ingress. Though his gaze has made a habitat out of the cold stone between his forepaws, a glance is spared for his peers as each takes their place; fondly, the deputy had envisioned his next stint atop Great Rock as an equal rather than this subordinate role. Yet, it is better to be here than not—and he finds meagre solace in how he isn't occupying the lost hierarchical rung tonight. Raccoonstripe holds his wayward gaze the longest, his bandit-masked expression a puzzle unsolved, but his mere existence up here whispers about something amiss in the oak forest.

Eagerness teems within him, then, awaiting whatever bleak revelations spilt forth soon.

Jet-tinged ears tilt towards Smokestar in the nascent stage of the night's formal addresses. He neither nods nor so much as blinks in acknowledgement, posture stiff and rigid as ever. Inwardly however, he scoffs. Being the bringer of bad tidings is an all-too tired trope he'd much like to shed, even if RiverClan's leader was simply alluding to Chilledstar's recurrent absence. There's a tightening in his forehead when he is next engaged, and he twists his neck sharply to better view his moorland neighbour. "Good," he meows prematurely. The velvety tabby gives his clan's closing remarks shortly thereafter, and following an expectant, almost supplicant peek in Raccoonstripe's way, an unspoken cue suggests he is next to speak.

"Condolences for Heathermoon's loss, Sunstar," Smogmaw utters solemnly, punctuated by a sober nod, "and it troubles me to hear Granitepelt continues to lay harm on your clan, the waste of skin that he is." Tension mounts in his jaw, and briefly does he turn his head over a shoulder to glimpse the gathering below. ShadowClan stands afar, their collective regard aflame with intrigue, anger, pity, expectation. "Chilledstar is still unwell, as you're all probably aware. I've come in their stead once again, but I am certain they will have much to say the next time they grace the Great Rock."

The drab, diplomatic gloss over his eyes melts away, replaced by a warped enthusiasm as he considers his opening proclamation. "I will start with some excellent news," he affirms loudly. "Siltcloud, littermate to Granitepelt, accomplice to his schemes, and an all-around unlicked kit, is dead. She, who hid the truth about Pitchstar's murder for moons on end, was slain at our border." It feels really, really good to say this. Staining the legacies of the departed is particularly delightful when they truly deserve it. "After her exile, she would prowl our territory, make a mess out of perfectly fine prey... until recently, when the same was done to her."

Ahem. His throat is cleared, and reverts to the tedious tone he'd upheld before. "Newleaf is here, and ShadowClan is doing well. We have welcomed Sycamorekit and Marblekit into our fold, progeny of Lilacfur. Kin of Chilledstar themself, named Ripple and Rook, have also been admitted into our ranks." That which he does not fully understand, given the frozen-solid state of their bond with the leader. Bad blood thaws, so he has heard, but Chilledstar has never carried themself as the forgiving sort.

"Two of ShadowClan's apprentices have demonstrated their merit and ascended as warriors. Raggedbite and Orchidbloom stand among the crowd tonight, and their mentors, Adderbite and Forestshade, ought to be commended for training such capable cats."

Terracotta eyes dart around the other clan's representatives, and a wry smile slithers into being. "We will hold WindClan to their promise, and I anticipate the day Sunstar brings us that news. As for ShadowClan, that is all that I have to share."

Her pace is agonizingly slow as she makes her way through the forest, but she does not falter. With the help of the four young warriors, she does end up making it. She can hear Smogmaw's voice as the five of them approach Fourtrees, and she now understands she has missed most of the news the other clans have shared. Has Raccoonstripe already shared for his clan? Her question is answered when his voice rings out, the last of the five cats atop the Great Rock.

"You can wait here," She whispers to the young warriors. They don't need to have any attention on them, not with what she is going to say. She leaves them in the shadows, where they can come out if they wish, and limps into the clearing. Her arrival interrupts Raccoonstripe just as he begins, and she can feel the eyes of her clan and perhaps others fall on her. Pain is seared onto her face as she realizes her wounds have reopened. A light trickle of blood makes its way down a foreleg, but she grits her teeth and pushes forward with each difficult step. When she makes it clear she is planning on mounting the boulder, it takes her son and another clanmate to help her up until she stands, panting, at the edge of the mighty stone.

She gives Raccoonstripe and the other leaders and deputy a silent nod before she turns her full attention to the rest of the gathered cats. Well, she hasn't exactly planned out a speech, so she'll just start at the beginning.
"ThunderClan has suffered greatly this moon. With the migration of deer into our territory, they brought with them a deadly force that no cat could conquer. A wolf pack settled in our forest. Many lives were lost to the beasts...brave warriors, each one giving their life to protect their clan. Acornwish...Jackdawflight...Sunfreckle....Duskbird....Batwing. I lost kin. I lost council. My clanmates lost fathers, mentors, brothers, friends. But we did not fall. With WindClan's blessing, we drove them over the edge of the gorge in a grand chase, and the forest is finally rid of them. We are safe. We grow anew with a new apprentice, Thistlepaw, and new warriors, Palefire, Lightflower, Phloxdawn, and Badgerstripe."

She pauses, as if pondering for a long moment. She fights the urge to glance to the shadows. She will not bring attention to them, but if they're listening, she hopes they will not hold it against her. She must say this. There must be a change to how cats view warriorhood. "But some death could have been prevented. New warriors were entrusted to guard our camp, and in their excitement, they left to enjoy their newfound independence. With our camp vulnerable, the wolves attacked, and a warrior was killed. With a warning, we could have had time to evacuate everyone with no losses."

"It is after that night, that I come before you all now to propose an addition to the Warrior Code. 'Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.' This will be a night of listening, a night of reflection, a night of duty. Warriors must know that their names are not a milestone to reach nor a trophy to flaunt. They represent a responsibility to their clan, a weight they should gladly carry until their final breath. It is a promise to keep their clanmates safe and to understand that everything they do, they do for the good of their clan."

Howlingstar looks to the three other leaders on the Great Rock expectantly. With Chilledstar not in attendance, ShadowClan will have no chance to cast their vote. It is up to Sunstar, Smokestar, and Orangestar now make her suggestion into Code.

For a blip of a heartbeat when Howlingstar arrives in a flurry of gasps and activity at the base of the Great Rock, Orangestar finds herself thankful to be spared the smug aura of ThunderClan's stand-in leader. Then the reek of blood, familiar and yet wholly uncomfortable, registers in full; her nose wrinkles, but Orangestar rises to her paws as if the neighbouring leader might need a spare paw to ascend to her perch. She doesn't (later, Orangestar would be happy to have been spared the blow to her pride), and with a steadily rising flank Howlingstar addresses the Clans before her.

The wolf pack. Orangestar recoils at the news, her ears flattening. The news has gone unshared in her grief, but ThunderClan doesn't need to be made aware. They already know. They've already lost Clanmates to the beasts. Kin, council ... as Orangestar watches Howlingstar speak, she wonders if the older she-cat had lost a part of herself, too. Her wounds certainly speak of a bloody battle, no matter whether she'd won or lost.

One name in particular among the fallen sticks out to the SkyClan leader: Batwing. Her ears fold back. Batwing, dead? She remembers his cheeky comments, his insistence on guiding their little lost patrol back to the clowder. She remembers the smoke-furred tom, young and eager and excitable, learning how to weave through the branches of the Pines they'd shared growing up. Is that warrior of ShadowClan's, lost with them briefly among the dense undergrowth on their way home, among the crowd tonight? Would she mourn him too? Orangestar's heart squeezes painfully.

The announcement of ThunderClan's new warriors is all but lost of her, names fading into meaningless syllables in her mind, but Orangestar shakes herself from her daze at the proposal of a new addition to the warrior code. A warning system, sure, but a vigil to ensure each warrior would understand the weight of their oath ...

She thinks of her Clanmates, back home. She thinks of the fern-clump den full of apprentices about to earn their warrior names. Her own kits are among them, first and foremost. When it comes to them, SkyClan's future, she sees no issue with this. She thinks next of the daylight warriors, who often return home at the setting of the sun. Her brow furrows slightly, here: would she ask them to bend their rules for this? Yes, comes the answer, faster than she'd expected it to. For the sake of her Clan as a whole, she would risk one new daylight warrior.

In the end, it is an easy decision to make. It is her decision to make. The mantle of leadership has settled upon Orangestar's shoulders like freshly-fallen snow. With it comes the burden of death- but with it also comes the power to forge a brighter future for her Clanmates.

" ...SkyClan will adhere to this code." Her brow rests heavy upon her gaze, memory still lingering upon a scruffy pelt weaving through the trees before her. "May StarClan guide your fallen warriors, Howlingstar."

•  
  •  
  • 68451166_mY2BOSe6hTLMAcu.png

ORANGESTAR ✧ she/her, leader of skyclan | nine lives
    " a scarred white-and-ginger she-cat with brown eyes."

— single ; mentoring springpaw
    — speech is in #E3B2A9
    tags | art by pin

Foxtail looks upon the leaders of the five clans, silently noting the absence of two. Chilledstar and Howlingstar weren't present among Smokestar, Orangestar, and Sunstar; Smogmaw taking Chilledstar's place, but ThunderClan's deputy isn't anywhere to be seen. He doesn't recognize the brown tabby who stands in for Howlingstar, has he seen him before during a patrol? He silently wonders why the two leaders are not present, licking his right paw nervously. He knows he should put RiverClan's safety and prosperity above all, but if there is to be balance in the land they call home, he must show some concern for the other clans in times of peace. Living in the clans is not an easy feat, and there's a reason why not every cat chooses their life style. Danger lurks in every corner, but they have accepted those risks. But even with that in mind, he wonders if something.... bad has happened to Howlingstar and Chilledstar.

The gathering begins.

He stays still and quiet as Smokestar is the first one to speak, wrapping his fuzzy tail around his paws. So far the gathering has been uneventful, which isn't a bad thing. He would rather hear the clan leaders report nothing but good news, like new apprentices & warriors, promotions, and the arrival of new kits. Even the news of Siltcloud, a cat he never personally knew, was something to be praised— an exile, but continued to cause trouble for ShadowClan afterwards. A huge weight must be off of ShadowClan with her gone, and while he wouldn't wish death upon someone, he can understand the freedom they must feel with her gone.

He expects the ThunderClanner stepping in for Howlingstar to speak any moment, but his ears twitch in the direction of heavy paw steps. He looks over, olive green eyes widening at the sight of Howlingstar. She has the assistance of her warriors as she pads through the clearing; her steps look like they are a struggle to take. He can't hear what she murmured to her warriors, but they step back and allow her to take her place among the other leaders. The older leader addresses the five clans, and his ears pin back with horror as she speaks. Wolves in ThunderClan. ...They sound like ruthless creatures, and have an even stronger pack mentality than dogs have. Dogs can range in size too, but are still a threat. But wolves on the other hand? He hopes he'll never set his eyes upon one.

He hangs his head low. So many lives lost, He thinks in sorrow, chills going down his spine. He can't even begin to imagine such a brutal death, his claws digging into the ground below him. Those cats must've been courageous... sacrificing themselves for the sake of their clanmates and clan. He looks up at the clear night sky, wondering if those ThunderClan warriors were with them tonight. The stars twinkle, but he pulls his gaze away and back onto the injured leader. More horror flashes in his eyes at the mention of the new warriors abandoning their posts. ...He can understand wanting to explore their new found freedom, it's exciting to finally be a warrior after countless moons of training. But StarClan, it cost cats their lives; cats who could've still been with them today.

He takes a quick glance over at Smokestar as Howlingstar proposes the new code. He wonders what Smokestar will say, ears twitching slightly as Orangestar responds. He knows it isn't up to him, and that he has no say if this code gets implemented or not, but this new proposed code sounds... good. Being a warrior takes a lot of responsibility, and in a way, this new code can also honor warriors who have passed on. "May StarClan guide them," He murmurs quietly, letting out a sorrowful sigh.

• 76983326_NimpdpqQcHTVZW3.png

credit to skaicraft (via insta) for the artwork <3
  • Foxtail
    warrior
    warmhearted
    timid
    experience: trained
    backstory: tbd
    biography: [HYPERLINK]
    credit to rai for the mini & tropics for the icon <3
    cisgender male [he / him]
    eyes: green
    pelt: cinnamon/chocolate
    fur length: long
    parents: dawnflower and redfur (riverclan npcs)
    17 moons

The five of them struggled the whole way to Fourtrees, taking their time and most of the night to get Howlingstar there safely. She knew what was at stake here, and nothing in the world would cause her to risk her leader's safety or well-being ever again. She could see the strain that the dark tabby was pushing through, and she readjusted her position several times, trying to give her more support as they trod along. Yes, this was likely a bad idea after everything she'd been through, but it was obvious that Howlingstar had important plans for this gathering and no one was going to be able to convince her not to go.

Her clanmates warnings continued to bounce around in her mind all the way until they reached the meeting point, where she could see the crowds of mingling cats even from a distance. She hesitated slightly as Howlingstar began to slow, taking a bracing breath in preperation for what she knew was coming next. There was no doubt in her mind that this whole trip had something to do with the wolf attacks, and with the quartet of new warriors that were undoubtedly responsible.

"You can wait here."

Her eyes widened slightly at her leader's whispered words, and for a moment she froze, not quite knowing how to respond. Eventually she offered a solemn nod, but she made sure that Howlingstar was supported up until she reached Raccoonstripe's side, when her son was able to take over as her crutch. At that point the pale warrior melted back into the shadows with her friends, shifting her weight nervously as she watched Howlingstar struggle to climb the rocks to join the rest of the clan leaders. Palefire's heart ached as she watched the scene unfold. There was no real reason for the elder molly to protect them as she had. She could've easily paraded them in front of all the gathered cats, and forced them to stand up there while she announced their failure to everyone. In truth, she would've been certain that that was the whole reason Howlingstar had asked the four of them to accompany her in the first place.

But she hadn't. She'd spared them the humiliation, and hadn't even mentioned their names as she proposed the new law change to the warrior code. Her breath caught and tears stung her eyes, overcome by emotions that she couldn't properly name. Gratitude, sorrow, grief, anger. All of it swelled and crested inside her as she watched the crowd react to the news and waited with growing anticipation to see if the other clans would accept this new rule. At least if she knew that they were all going to learn from her mistake, and make sure that no new warriors ever took their oath for granted again, maybe some of this whole mess would be made worthwhile.

• PALEFIRE she / her, warrior of thunderclan, 13 moons
    lh lilac lynx point w/ low white and blue eyes. tall and slender. built for speed and agility.
    currently emotionally volatile, all opinions are strictly ic and likely spur-of-the-moment
    single, open to relationships / / mentor to no one // mentored by nightbird
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking.
    penned by limerence@limericks. on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: HOWLINGSTAR
At the sight of ThunderClan's leader, the warrior jolts. He is eternally this — the tom that had sat in wait for her command as they drove the rogues from her clan's border; she, forever the molly that remindedhim to question Sootstar's commands. For they were not spoken with the love that Howlingstar carried. They were not for WindClan, not for the clans. They were for herself. For the legacy she desired so desperately. But it was not any one cat's that mattered. As the older leader climbs atop the rock, it is not because she needs to be here for the sake of herself. There is determination in her face. Enough that he shifts closer as Orangestar does. Instinctively. To protect. But just as quickly, he pulls himself back.

Though he had not spoken of the wolves, he had wondered if ThunderClan would. Do they hide the dangers they have gone through? Do the exclaim them proudly, as a story of their survival? The truth is somewhere between. ThunderClan has suffered, yes. He had only known a piece of it. Rattleheart and Scorchstreak returned with news of a cat taking themselves over the gorge to the thunder of wolf paws following. Which of those named had sacrificed themselves for this? Who had been lost in the chase? Howlingstar had been healthy enough to stand at his border to plead the impossible. The memories that he knows in the back of his mind paint a picture of goring fangs and blood-soaked snow.

They were not so merciful as to leave her like this. And the clans would all suffer from such horrors, in time. The wolves may be gone, but who is to say what their next struggle would be? WindClan had allowed warriors young before this. They were apprenticed when they could wrestle, and became warriors when they could fight. And though his pride rears up to bare its teeth: my warriors are not so weak as to risk their clan like this, he thinks of what they had been through. The struggles that they endured. And this code that would last as long as the clans did. It was not about himself. It was not about the warriors that he has known and raised, but for those that would continue on after them. A puff of breath, and he speaks slowly.

"You have proven yourself a kind and just leader, Howlingstar. No matter what has happened, you stand beside your clan, and those that rely upon you. However strong our warriors may be, this will serve only to strengthen them further. Their conviction to our way of life, and to the role that they must fill. WindClan will follow this code." He looks to his lead warriors, and then to the rest of his clan. To his kittens that have followed him. And he nods a brief confirmation, before turning his gaze to Smokestar.
EpC61GT.png

• OOC.
  • sun_icon_new2.png
    SUNSTAR. LEADER OF WINDCLAN.  
    ——– HE – HIM – HIS ╱╱ 48+ MOONS OLD, ADULT.
    NPC x NPC, MOUNTAIN CATS. MATE TO WOLFSONG; FATHER TO BEARPAW, SINGEDPAW, RIVEPAW, SUNLITPAW AND FEATHERPAW. MENTORING RIVEPAW.

TH ╱╱ A LARGE, FRESHLY SCARRED CHOCOLATE AND WHITE ROSETTE TABBY TOM WITH SEAGLASS BLUE EYES

• Love

It was a dutiful silence that Silversmoke had committed himself to as the gathering commenced, listening to news from RiverClan, WindClan and ShadowClan with little more than polite interest. Searing eyes stared at the last to speak when their voice is severed by thin air. Ears twitched in confusion. Soon, the gazes of all upon the Great Rock shifted to a patch in the clearing, where a blooded and limping Howlingstar made her way toward the leader's stone. The sight was enough to turn his blood frigid in surprise, statuesque as she shifted between gaps in the crowd, guided by clanmates alone. He moves out of his spot to make way for them, respect glinting in a gaze that often held so much scorn for their northern neighbours. There was strength in her defiance, briefly, he realised she may have been the only leader both brave and stupid enough to make the journey in such a state - that meant something. Like a yarn ball, that meaning soon unraveled. Tales of wolves plagued his ears, memories of one snapping at Johnnyflame causing him to bite his tongue as she spoke. Trust ThunderClan not to warn them, perhaps they'd hoped the wolves would move south and kill all the kittypets.

It was a short-lived anger towards the clan as more of the story came to light and suddenly, Silversmoke found himself with teeth bared towards a more invisible enemy. "Those warriors should be ashamed of themselves," he huffed to the nearest cat, the fur around his neck bristled like a lion's mane. He'd exile them on ThunderClan's behalf if he had half the interest in the group's affairs as his own, tail-lashing as if the idea wasn't entirely off the table. If a law was needed to remind cats of the weight of their actions, then so be it, but he knew if a SkyClanner had done the same, he'd have rung their necks by daybreak. "Such spoiled foxdungs shouldn't share the same rank as all those who died because of their insolence, it's an insult to anyone who's ever died defending their clan." Speaking out loud wasn't like the spotted tom at these things, but so horrified that someone would defy a leader, he couldn't help himself. He may have disliked ThunderClan, but even he could see when they'd been wronged. Perhaps Howlingstar didn't see it that way, but for her to have traveled this far to change the rules because of them, he couldn't see her calmness sourced by anything but her wounds.

—————————————————————⊰★⊱————————————————————
The rest of the clan loses are given nods, a warrior in SkyClan, a warrior in WindClan, the ShadowClan tom who had caused such distress was still loose and killing but that was a matter between ShadowClan and WindClan really. At least one of those wretches is dead, apparently. One less shadow lurking around the bend of every tree. His orange eye locks on Raccoonstripe, awaiting the tom to give ThunderClan’s announcements in his mother’s place when he spots the older molly herself moving through the crowd and he bristles in alarm at the sight of her bloodied and barely held together. His nose wrinkles at the scent of blood, watching with a frown as the black tabby ascends to her usual place and the stones stain red in her wake - what in the stars would drive her to come here in that condition? The answer comes quickly enough, his mouth opens and closes with a snap. So many cats dead for the simple folly of delight. A tragedy.

He thinks of the current apprentices within his clan. Otterpaw’s penchant for trouble, Turtlepaw’s energy, Claypaw’s tenacity, his own kits were often impulsive and reckless. Shellkit had wandered off and gotten grabbed by rogues before even becoming an apprentice. He can just as easily envision this same scenario happening in RiverClan given the foolhardy nature of youthful eagerness. That Howlingstar came all this way wounded just to make such an announcement made the tragedy quite clear when words alone would not do it justice. Wolves. Terrifying in their own right when spotted from a distance but to be caught off guard by them was a death sentence to any cat no matter their strength or bravery. Some things were just not conquerable.
His ears flick faintly at WindClan’s agreement to have the beasts driven to their territory at the gorge and he turns to give Sunstar a brief glance as he continues to listen - his predecessor would have told ThunderClan to deal with their own issue and, admittedly, he might have done the same rather than risk his own clan’s safety. Smokestar can’t decide if it was foolish or noble, he settles on something in between.

A brow arches at the SkyClan warrior speaking out of turn and he notes with some amusement it is the same tom who spoke out of turn when they had retreated to SkyClan during the rogue invasion. Apparently Orangestar was just as willing to tolerate blatant disrespect as Blazestar had been, he glanced briefly at the molly with a tilt of his head as though silently bidding she deal with her mouthy warrior before clearing his throat, his single orange eye briefly catching sight of Foxtail as his own warrior offered solemn condolences rather than ridicule as the SkyClanner did, a fact that pleased him considerably and his lips twitched into a calm smile before he grew more morose. “I am sorry for your countless losses, Howlingstar. I see no reason for RiverClan to refuse such a code as well, a night of vigil to allow the weight of one's new duties to settle within their heart and mind could only be beneficial. We will also agree to this new addition…and, with all due respect-” The dark tom gives a sharp, calculated stare to the older she-cat, “Now that you have said your peace I would rather not see you greet StarClan this night.” It was probably best they all went home now that news was shared and agreement rang clearly from every cat - not including Chilledstar who was absent.

• OOC can go here.

• 57913530_r2t3y4lghl4FDra.png
    Smokestar
    —⊰⋅ Leader of RiverClan
    —⊰⋅ He/Him
    "SPEECH", 'THOUGHTS', ATTACK
    —⊰⋅ Black tom w/vitiligo & one orange eye.

• Love

1000004009-png.1568

✦ ˚  ✧ ˚ .˚ ✦  ✦
  • There is not a generous bone in her body this night... despite the way that StarClan might demand it from her. For every loss listed, there are very few she cares enough about to waste her breath apologizing for. It was their duty... to fight and to die. And at the end of this moonrise, they would be enemies again... it only benefitted RiverClan to have fewer of them to combat. The sudden appearance of Howlingstar is alarming... she reeks of the metallic stink of blood, shambles so slowly it is a reminder of when she'd had to lean against Robinheart for support. She does no envy that near-death feeling, does not wish it worsened despite how much she loathes the ThunderClan leader that rises to make her announcement.

Of the death knells that sound that night, there is a name that strikes as painfully familiar.. one that had been sang on a honeyed tongue, had spoken fondly of him, of their time together in the mountains. The jealousy and insecurity that had bubbled up all those moons ago is replaced with a wash of relief, followed in quick gust by guilt.

The uncomfortable feeling is easy enough to shift away from the moment the true intention of her bloodied ambling is revealed- a code- and one that Lichentail, unfortunately, cannot dismiss as stupid. It is fair... she'd been far more careful in assigning late-night guards after the rogue invasion and to hammer this responsibility onto their newest warriors would not be a discipline wasted on them. Nodding in silent agreement, she has no qualms with the verdict of her leader, is more than happy to hear him stamp his paw as the final seal of approval.

Silversmoke's voice is an irritant, one that grates at her ears like it had when he'd seethed to Blazestar about the burden of aiding RiverClan in leaf-fall when they'd all been suffering. Orangestar is painfully silent about this outburst... and a part of her envies his ability to say whatever stupid thought comes to his mind- Cicadastar had made it clear that such behaviors were not welcome amongst RiverClan's authority figures and so her tongue stayed still (she catches a wandering fire-light notice the same thing, shares in his amusement).

"And so it becomes law," she murmurs from her seat beneath the towering leaders, closing her eyes in thoughtful contemplation for how she'd have to adjust her patrols in the future. Any concerns she had could be shared with Smokestar in private... and to what little credit he deserves, she thinks Silversmoke right. If her warriors made that mistake, they'd be paying for the blood they indirectly had shed.

Mistakes that end in death are not so easily forgiven.
  • about
    speech hex code ✧ #6368A5
    ooc notes ✦
    tagging ✶
    penned by tieirlys
  • ˚  ★⋆. ࿐࿔  ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     .
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .   ✦   .  .   ˚       ੈ✧˳·˖✶ ✦  ˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ ★⋆. ࿐࿔
       .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .             ✦  

• Wow
Reactions: EVENINGKIT
One by one, Howlingstar's half-pained gaze falls on every leader on the Great Rock. Orangestar first, her compassion proving once more that SkyClan continues to hold the ThunderClan leader's favor, even if she does not say so aloud. She nods to her, murmuring a soft thank you before she looks next to Sunstar. To her surprise (likely evident with the flicking of her ears and barely noticeable widening of her eyes), she is praised by the tom. Feeling taken aback and with no words to say, she responds to the younger leader with a dip of her head, hoping she is appearing with humility. And he agrees. Finally, she looks to the RiverClan leader, a tom she has never really gotten along with, but one she has slowly watched mature under the star that hangs in his name from the hot-headed deputy she'd known him as. She nods to him, too, in gratitude, eyes softening with amusement as he adds on his last thought. She huffs in faux annoyance, eyes shutting as the slightest of smiles graces her lips. "Don't you know how long it took me to get here, Smokestar? Can't the night last longer?" But by the way she already turns towards the edge of the boulder and waits for help to get down, it is obvious her words are merely a joke. Her wounds desperately need tending to by Gentlestorm, after all. "Thank you all. I pray the Warrior Code continues to serve us all well," She mews in farewell to her counterparts, and even offers Smogmaw a respectful nod before she begins to leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Birchbranch turned her orangish-amber gaze up to the Clan Leaders, her eyes narrowing. That's where she hoped to be one day. On the Great Rock alongside them. With a sigh, she settled down onto her belly, ears perking up at the sound of....Howlingstar's voice? The ThunderClan Leader hadn't been here earlier. The SkyClanner had heard that Raccoonstripe was supposedly taking his leader's place tonight.

Stormywing is unusually silent this Gathering. Usually, she'd be chattering away with other warriors her age, likely boasting about her most recent big catch or how much greater ThunderClan is than whatever clan she ends up talking to. But this moon, she sits by herself, tail wrapped loosely around her paws and golden eyes set on the trees with a faraway look in them. Iciclefang will have been due anytime now. She's glad she's here tonight. She needs to know if her kits have been born. If she is a mother. If Iciclefang nurses their offspring now in the RiverClan nursery. And fortunately for her, Smokestar is the first to go.

As the chatter dies down, the tabby straightens herself with her ears pricked, all attention on the RiverClan leader. Kits. Kits! He mentions kits. But no queen's name leaves his mouth, leaving her open-mouthed and wanting more. Who is it? Who gave birth?

RiverClan welcomes Cragkit, Crabkit, and Pinekit to our nursery.

She is brought back in time for a moment. She's laying in the sand at Sunningrocks, her body curled around a strong, sleek tortoiseshell form. 'Oh, you know what a good one would be? Pinekit. It would remind me of the tree we climbed together for the very first time,' Is what she'd said to her as they'd giggled and talked about kits that could never be. Kits that now were. Her heart aches and she must fight the tears that threaten to spring to her eyes.

My kits' names are Cragkit, Crabkit and Pinekit. Despite everything, she smiles softly at the ground, but it's a sad, miserable smile. The rest of the Gathering is effectively tuned out as she stares downward, her body slumped. She only knows when it's time to go home when clanmates brush against her to leave, and only then does she get to her paws and pick her way back to camp. I bet they're amazing.

• Sad
Reactions: Jay and mercibun
AS HE RAISED HIS FIST BEFORE HE SPOKE — Another gathering had come along to grace them all with news, joyful and tragic in equal measure if past history was to be repeated. Rattleheart had made idle conversation with the nearby deputies until it came time for the leaders to step forward, her pelt prickling unpleasantly as Smokestar stepped forward. She couldn't help the irritated heat that rose in her chest at the mere sound of the Riverclan leader's voice, though the strength of it was swiftly extinguished by what he had to say. Ravensong was nothing more than a name and title to her, yet his unexpected absence was still enough to make her breath catch uncomfortably. Had he been lost forever to the waters that his clan claimed they had dominance over? No visions of him sprang forth in her mind, making it clear that she, at the very least, had not seen hide nor hair of him. The other leaders all seemed in hopeful agreement that he would be found, yet she found that she could not easily dislodge the sudden weight that had made itself at home in her stomach.

Wasn't Starclan supposed to look out for medicine cats?

Her thoughts were thankfully interrupted by Orangestar stepping forward, the Skyclan leader provoking a much less vitriolic reaction from her. Though she also shared a tale of death, and Rattleheart couldn't help but wonder if no clan had been spared the cold touch of the stars this moon. Sunstar certainly wouldn't be the one to deliver such peace, her heart clenching as Heathermoon's name left his muzzle. They had lost another dedicated and strong warrior, not to mention one of her fellow tunnelers. It seemed that their numbers were growing smaller by the day, and she could only pray that Starclan kept some of their incoming brood of apprentices petite enough to join their ranks. If not for the sake of Windclan as a whole, then for the sake of a pack of them that would be able to bring Granitepelt to his metaphorical knees and rip him apart slowly for what he had taken from them. Normally such violence wouldn't be at the forefront of her mind, but the war against Sootstar had left her more hollowed than before.

She had no reason to allow Granitepelt the same mercies and second chances that she had depended on over and over again when it came to Sootstar.

Smogmaw's stepping forward also brought with it a tale of death, but this time Rattleheart did not shy away from it. Instead she felt a sense of happiness, delighted to hear one of the cats that had allowed Granitepelt's reign of terror laid dead, hopefully buried so far beneath the earth that not even the best tunneler would be able to reach her. One could only hope that Starclan wouldn't deign to let her in, the mere thought causing her tail to lash back and forth behind her. Twitching aggressively and freely - up until the metallic scent of blood hit her.

Rattleheart was stock-still as Howlingstar moved slowly through the crowd towards the rest of the leaders, wincing when she noticed the slow trickle of blood that had originally caught her attention. Part of her wanted to ask if Howlingstar should even be there, but the look of determination on the eldest leader's face told her trying to stop her would be a fool's errand. Instead she just sat and listened, dark ears flicking back as the Thunderclan leader listed off all of the warriors that had been lost as a result of the vicious attacks from the wolves. One of them had to have been the body that she and Scorchstreak had seen go flying over the edge of the gorge, though she wouldn't have been able to identify which. She made a mental note to ask her sister about it later, thoughts being scattered shortly afterwards by Howlingstar's proposed new code addition.

It wasn't a bad one. It wasn't even one that Rattleheart had saw any reason to refuse - and it seemed Sunstar was in agreement - yet why it had come about was what stunned her. New warriors abandoning their posts, leaving the rest of their clan to be slaughtered? What had they been thinking? She hated to agree with the sharp voice of Silversmoke, but it seemed that much more should have been done in penance for the lives lost. However, none of them knew Thunderclan's internal workings. Perhaps there had been more done that they just weren't seeing. For once, she hoped for such hidden acts. As it was, she could offer only a sharp nod in an echo of Sunstar's approval, paws already lifting her up. "I hope... your fallen warriors are enjoying the chance to rest in peace." It was all she could give after so much loss and confusion, turning to help usher the rest of Windclan back towards their home alongside Sunstar and the rest of his council.

• 75034712_8183RsjuzqJmQXv.png
    longhaired black and white tom with pale green eyes
    49 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    afab; uses he/she/they pronouns
    homosexual homoromantic; mated to venomstrike
    sibling to scorchstreak, lizardbounce, and rabbitclaw
    currently mentoring downypaw
    somewhat difficult to befriend; wary but kind
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed
    all opinions are ic