private Please {Vermillion} tell me...

Jun 14, 2022
π΅π“Šπ“‰ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π“€π“ƒπ‘œπ“Œ, 𝐼 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ π“Œπ’Άπ“ƒπ“‰ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π’Άπ“ˆ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒢𝓇𝑒

Paws of feathered grace would carry Deersong towards the twoleg place, the moon shining overhead with a mournful expression. At least it was to Deersong, because how could he? How could he just leave? How could he live and then just come back and then say he wasn't staying?

No, she needed answers. She needed to hear from Vermillion herself why he had left. The Lead warrior of Skyclan simply wanted closure for something that had hurt her enough to drive her toward him and the old claw marks on her cheek would burn with a phantom pain that had long since vanished. When she was towards the edge of her territory, she would stop, looking around the shadowy area with turquoise eyes filled with desperation and a longing to see her best friend again.

Because that's what they were, right? They were still best friends, no matter where their loyalties lied. She yearned to tell him about what happened to her, about the love she had found with Thistleback, how brilliant of an apprentice Snowpaw was. There were so many things she wanted to tell him about, but she wanted her answers first.

// @VERMILIONSUN

WATCH THE FLAMES BURN AUBURN ON THE MOUNTAIN SIDE

Tasked with handing out food portions to their gnarly looking family, Vermilionsun had been hyper-focused on his task. He'd always done this, shoving himself into work so he didn't have to worry about anything else, about Deersong and the fact that stupid silver-faced tom stood so close to her. Was he like all the others who tried to court Deersong, only out for her pretty looks? He rolls his tongue around in his mouth, pulling a mouse apart with his claws so the younger kits of the group could eat an equal amount of food.

It wasn't until he'd caught the scent of Deersong on the wind did he stop, lifting his head from where he was grooming his paws to focus on the pale figure in the distance. He feels a body push against his own, much chubbier and shorter than himself. "Would'ja look at that. That pretty ol' broad is back to see you." Thorn whispers into his ear, and Vermilion flicks it nervously in response. He whispers a soft apology to Thorn, leaving his side to walk over to where Deersong stood. Out he came from the sewer drain, tail flicking like a whip behind him.

"It's not safe around here." He remarks softly as he meets her gaze, beautiful seas leveling with tired aquamarines. "I don't have much time. The kits need to be fed, and we only have so much food. The squirrel helped." He tries to reason with himself, make any excuse possible so he didn't have to confront reality. That she would never love him, that she had found someone better. He grinds his teeth together, worrying over what she would say.

"Listen.. I.. My brother, I hadn't seen him in moons. He came to me one day, told me about who he was, the home he lived in. He asked me to help him take care of them. I thought.. No, I knew SkyClan would do just fine without me. It.. It looks like I was right. You've.. You've got yourself a decent apprentice, and.. And mate.."
d9gqnbs-b5b99fd3-2090-45cb-a495-6244c63539b3.png

π΅π“Šπ“‰ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π“€π“ƒπ‘œπ“Œ, 𝐼 π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ π“Œπ’Άπ“ƒπ“‰ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š π’Άπ“ˆ π“Žπ‘œπ“Š 𝒢𝓇𝑒

Relief would flow through her as she heard Vermillionsuns voice. The tom would slip out of a sewer nearby and she would hurry over to greet him before his words registered in her ears, "I can take care of myself, Vermillionsun. You should know that." She would offer her friend a soft smile, half-lidded eyes blinking slowly as she looked him over and noted how tired he was, how gloomy his aura appeared to be.

The mention of kits would pull a look of surprise from her gaze, but as she opened her mouth to ask if they were his kits, he began to explain why he had left. Her jaws snapped shut hurriedly and she would listen to him with an expression of patience that quickly melted into compassion and then confusion. Her paw would lightly reach out to attempt to rest on his own as she tilted her head in her usual whimsical fashion. But then,

You've...You've got yourself a decent apprentice, and...And mate.."

Deersong would blink again, a blush slowly creeping into her cheeks but it wasn't one of embarrassment, no, but of happiness. "Oh, so you noticed huh? I wish you could really meet him, Vermillion, he's wonderful." How she yearned to tell her best friend about Thistleback, how badly she wish he had been around to see her get promoted and earn her apprentice. "Snowpaw is wonderful too...I wish you had been there to see it..."

The molly would appear thoughtful for a moment before continuing, "I understand why you left, I do. But...What I don't understand is why you felt you couldn't at least tell me?" The hurt would return to her eyes as she looked up at the flame-point, ears flattening against her slim skull, "You're my best friend, Ver...I would have supported you. Maybe we could have talked your brother into coming to Skyclan, it'd be safer for the kits too!" She dared herself to feel hopeful then, smiling in her airy way at the tom as she cooed, "It's not too late. Blazestar said himself that if you wished to come home you'd be welcome, and he would never turn down kits. Not with Leaf-Bare coming."