PREMONITION — NOV. PRE-GATHERING CHATTER

The reception received from the other tom is expected, pleasant. As they got to part on friendlier terms as she had wished, Hazecloud had been excited for the chance they would be able to speak again under the moonlight. Batwing had shown to be an exceptional conversationalist, enjoying the warmth in his friendly presence. And in such short time before now the smoky blue had made grand strides in her life, taking control of her direction and taking on risks where she had normally been too scared to try. There was so much to share now.

In their final goodbye, Batwing had mentioned someone was waiting for him back in ThunderClan. She wondered if he had been in the same position as herself, caught in the web of imaginative 'what-ifs' had they lived true to themselves. Did he have just as much to share as she did?

Lichentail's delivery is also as expected, but not for the same reasons true to reality. Lichentail was not a fan of strangers, had never been. ThunderClan especially was in low opinion to RiverClan, only above WindClan because they hadn't outright ransacked their home. But a piece of their land still had not been returned, and Hazecloud wouldn't pretend the rivalry was settled despite their shared struggles.

Her bland tone has Hazecloud laughing, soft and velvety smooth as she coiled a fluffy tail around the others. She took to answering Batwing despite Lichentail's inquiry. "Well, a lot has changed in RiverClan while we were gone. Um, Cicadastar didn't make it to see our return." She glanced up to the towering stones where Smokestar had begun to ascend. She had shared her fears about the late River Kings mind. How he would receive Dovethroat's decision to stay behind. Not a lick of suspicion that he would had already been buried underneath ShadowClans marshes.

"But Smokestar leads us now. Lichentail is here as his stand-in Deputy but also..." Her eyes glow alight as she leaned in closer, a hushed whisper to share between just the pair. "I'm going to be a mother soon! Isn't that amazing?"

• Dead
Reactions: lichenstar
Iciclefang’s ears twitch upright, her pale eyes gleaming with undisguised pleasure at the sound of Stormywing’s voice. She half-turns away from the silvery-pelted ThunderClan warrior she’d sought, a purr lodged in her throat like a bit of prey bone. Her friend half-leans to touch noses with her and then seems to remember herself, the boundaries drawn between them now, for she easily corrects her overeagerness. The tortoiseshell blinks away her own enthusiasm, instead turning to dip her head to the brown tabby who introduces himself as Toadhop. “I can’t take too much credit,” she says, adjusting her posture. “Stormywing saved my life, too. I would have died in a rockslide if she hadn’t pushed me out of the way.

It’s painful, to sit here so close to Stormywing and exchange small talk with her. She asks about Cicadapaw, and she nods, a faint smile returning to her glacial features. “Yes. This is Cicadapaw. His training is coming along splendidly.” She turns to nudge her apprentice’s shoulder, gaze flicking out toward the other apprentices present. “Go and mingle now. Gatherings are the only time we get to meet in peace like this. Take advantage of it.

She suddenly, desperately wants Stormywing to herself—and here, here it’s impossible. She looks back toward the gray tabby she-cat and murmurs, “So how have you been? Back in ThunderClan, I mean.” More small talk. More meaningless words that weigh like stone on the tip of her tongue.

[ interacting with @STORMYWING @ROEFLAME . @TOADHOP @CICADAPAW ]

, ”

dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
ROEFLAME — I fell in love with the fire long ago.

Stormywings arrival was not long to come, the boisterous warrior making her entrance with a call for the Riverclanner on her tongue. Roeflame spares her clanmate a warm smile, thankful that the awkwardly silent searching had come to an end.
As Stormywing happily closes the gap between them, the awkward hitch in Stormywings step does not go unnoticed, the way Iciclefang purrs ecstatically beside her making the cinnamon warrior feel almost hyper-aware after a moment.
There is a familiar rejoice in the air between the two, but Roeflame cannot assume every friendship that crossed between the borders was the same as hers had been- that would just be silly. The thought is gone in an instant as Stormywing begins to talk about the journey, and the tabby is almost awestruck- she couldn’t imagine Stormywing within five fox-lengths of a river she wasn’t obligated to approach.
Toadhops presence is acknowledged with a purr, "Thunderclans newest and finest, behind me of course." She echoes on her brother’s introduction with a mischievous smirk.
Iciclefang counters Stormywing, revealing the ashen tabby’s own heroism.
"A treacherous river and rockslide? Sounds exhilarating." Roeflame hums, her shock genuine.
Iciclefang tells her apprentice to go and mingle, and perhaps Roeflame wouldn’t have taken that as her own cue to make a leave as well if it wasn’t for the slight shift in the air, and the molly suddenly felt as though this conversation wasn’t meant for four cats. "We should go too- mingle… and stuff." She chimes, eyes looking to Toadhop as she shifts to her paws.
"It was great meeting you Iciclefang, you’ll have to tell me the full story sometime!" The hum is bubbly as she makes her leave, hopefully taking Toadhop along with her on this impromptu mission to socialize.
The interaction between the two had been all too uncomfortably familiar for the cinnamon tabby- was she doomed to read too much into mere friendships forever?
Oh, stars.

// saying goodbye to @STORMYWING & @iciclefang , attempting to take @TOADHOP with
"speech"
tags

.i'll be your calm, ———

wha_1_crop.png

——— before the storm!.
———————— ————————
Immediately, Lichentail's words came across as a sting. Their tone was dry, and their disposition more on-guard then he expected. That was fine, really. He forced his fur to relax flat, wearing that pleasant expression. If he handled Riverclan as a whole during a journey, surely he could manage this. His head nodded gently. "I tend to keep to myself at gatherings. Not really a huge mingle kind of cat." He responded- hopefully, his relaxed tone was irritating, some part of him wished. Irrational and selfish, that part of him was.

"That is very... sweet. I too cherish the cats I knew before the Battle." He responded- but then his face dropped the pleasant look as Lichentail raised their question. "Yeah, I'm aware." He said. While he could be amicable and pleasant, he could also be incredibly tough on the exterior. A hard claw to swallow, surely.

Hazecloud's words split the air, and his vision shifted- he didn't wear the same look for her, softening a touch in his eyes. "I heard about Cicadastar. I am sorry." His head dipped quietly, then lifted at her kernel of news. "I- you-..." His eyebrows twitched gently, glancing between Lichentail and Hazecloud. He focused on Hazecloud as well, his voice softening. "I came home and was suddenly a father, so, I kind of understand it. And a promotion too, no less."

He wasn't one to brag, but it was information traded for information. Surely, Hazecloud may explode over the information he shared, but his vision was shifting towards Lichentail, speaking to her again. "It's a shame your stand-in came at the end of Cicadastar, but given what I know of you- which isn't a lot- you'll do fine." Batwing said, his ear twitching. His tone was even, neutral. He meant no offense or praise- it was just fact. Lichentail had a hard exterior and an innate distrust of neighboring clans. That was good- they were going to need that, especially since the rogues.

// @lichentail @hazecloud

"speech"​

It doesn’t hit Drizzlepelt just how much he missed Mosspaw until he sees her face light up at the sight of him. It’s easy to convince himself that he is not wanted in any of the spaces he occupies, but moments like this make those thoughts drift away. They might be in different clans, but at least he can say he’s made a genuine friend in her.

His tail swishes around when he’s asked how SkyClan is doing. How are they doing, really? Things are never easy in the clan, and yet… “Better, now that we are back in our home. I’m glad you didn’t get to experience the rogues attacking, though I’m sure you had your own hold ups. Killing one of them on the battlefield…I’m still torn up about it.”

It has to be done, sure, but he hates that he was so eager to kill. He said it was in the name of Brightflame, and it was the truth. But even before that, he was fully willing to take a life…wanting to. It didn’t have to be so violent, as they were cowardly at the end of the day, and he still went to the extreme. It’s still eating at him.

Drizzlepelt shakes his head, not wanting to spiral any further. Not right now. “Well, I did what had to be done. But Mosspool, huh? I really like that for you! I still think it fits perfectly for your clan, too. And I hope RiverClan is also not having too much trouble getting things back in order.” He almost misses their presence, now that they’re also back where they belong. “I’m sure they’re all glad to have you back; you did your duty well.” He compliments Mosspool.

He spares a glance at WindClan too, most of them huddled up together and speaking in whispers. His gaze turns into a glare as it’s easy to surmise that they’re planning something, even if he doesn’t know what. Hopefully it’s nothing that disturbs the peace. “Sootstar has been getting worse, too. I even got fed up with her and snapped at her, since I saw her die while we went hunting and didn’t move in to save her,” he admits.

“I tried to make it up to her clan at the very least, but only StarClan knows if I’ll come to regret it. Couldn’t even bring herself to come to the Gathering this time. What’s up with that?” He says, huffing. “Well, it’s not my prerogative. Anyways, I’ll let you go, now. It was nice seeing you!” Drizzlepelt feels much better airing out all the tension he’s kept himself winded up with, a clear mind that he’s not all that used to. It’s refreshing.

// OOC : @Mosspool

𓆝 . ° ✦ "Why do you think it will end in a screaming match?" The words were out before she could think to stop them. Hot embarasment flushed through the molly as she spoke to the back of the brown tom's head.
"U-uh, hi. Um, I'm Circe." Her ear flicked. Oh how she wished her name didn't stick out like a sore thumb. "New Sky Clanner. First gathering." If I keep going, it will be fine. I'm sure - that's what Dusk does. She gives a quick nod in the direction the tom was looking.
"So, what's the big deal?"
 ° .  . ° 
  • ooc: — talking to @OAKFANG and @Marigoldpaw

• CIRCE— SHE/HER・ 37 MOONS ・ WARRIOR IN TRAINING & SKY CLAN・ PENNED BY @KEEEKEEEY!
    Once a rather pretty brown smoked molly, Circe is unnaturally lithe and is missing large chunks of her fur. She has an oddly muscular and feminie build and small paws. — physically easy && mentally easy — Attempting to learn Sky Clan's ways — NPC x NPC : Sibling to Duskpool, Shadowfire and Smokefang

When Starlingheart makes her way into the familiar space of fourtrees her green eyes are shining in the moonlight. Her gaze sweeps over all the cats present, pausing for a moment to breathe before she dives head first into the crowd. Socialization had never really been her thing. She was a reclusive cat, someone who tended to enjoy sitting out in the early morning light by herself and enjoy the peace and quiet. At gatherings, there was always so much going on and, historically, she tended to keep to the other medicine cats.

Today, however, she could not find them. Either they hadn't arrived yet, weren't coming, or they were mingling among the crowd. At first, she contemplates taking her place by the great rock, where the medicine cats usually congregated but on her way there she spots a flash of orange tabby fur and she decides that perhaps she should be social for once. "Hey there" she greets, waving her tail in a friendly gesture to the cat before her. She smelled like ThunderClan, and Starlingheart recognized her as one of the cats on Howlingstars council, a lead warrior though she could not remember her name. "Im Star-starlingheart, ShadowClan's Medicine Cat its-its nice to meet you" she wears a warm smile on her face as she speaks but it is clear by the way her eyes dart around the clearing she is looking for someone else. "Is-Is Berryheart here tonight by any chance?" she enjoyed the dappled toms company perhaps more than any others, they were both the quiet sort and silences stretched between the two of them usually tended to feel more comfortable than awkward, he was the kind of friend Starlingheart was content just to be in the presence of and out of all the Medicine Cats it was he who she was closest with.

// speaking with @Flamewhisker but looking for @BERRYHEART

Reactions: Flamewhisker
⋆ ✧    ·   ⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ⋆     ·   ✧ ⋆
cheets_lichen_2_headshot.png

At least they could relate to that much... The Gathering was only really good for stealing extra information from none-too-careful mouths, gossip revealing more about a clan's individual struggles than anything the leaders would admit to publicly. He is placid, much to her irritation, seemingly unbothered by her jab as to her familiarity with the smoke she stood beside. He could play at being her friend all he liked, it didn't change he belonged to ThunderClan first.

When Hazecloud came crying back to her when this little... situational relationship went badly, she could crow about how she was right not to trust the journey cats. Just because they'd been passably tolerable for a little over a moon enough to not actively sabotage their mission didn't make them friends.

His face grows tenser at the response to her question and she is glad he takes it seriously. This would not be a pleasant reunion for the clans, hale and hearty once again... a declaration of war was to be made under the shining moonlight, under full view of their stars. "Good..." As much as she despised the way his eyes melted when he changed focus, they would all need to be prepared for whatever crow-food the plains-dwellers spouted to defend their heinous actions. He briefly mentions Cicadastar and out of habit, her pelt bristles, half expecting the same insincere apologies as Sootstar had given- but he doesn't. He seems genuine... It makes it harder to hate him.

Hazecloud, for her part, is quick to wrap her tail around the lynx point's own, a small, subtle reminder to watch her tone. To be kinder. Her ear flicks a reply, a dismissive I'm trying but it grows more difficult to remain calm when the molly openly boasts about her mate, about their future. It is... not... what she would've preferred. Sharing such news is meant for RiverClan first and foremost- and Lichentail loathed to even share it with them, if at all. I don't want this to be gossip shared in ThunderClan, she thinks bitterly, watching Batwing cautiously for his reaction.

His gaze moves between the two of them and the lead warrior frowns slightly, uncertain whether or not to take that as disbelief or disappointment. It is only relieved slightly by his admission to his own new-found fatherhood. He would not cross any lines then, if he had his own family at home to keep his eyes on. Scrunching up her nose to stretch her whiskers awkwardly- a weak attempt at expelling some of the tension- "Congratulations on your young kin... I'm sure you'll be a fine example for them."

"It's a shame..." The blue molly cannot help but grow agitated by his choice of words... From what I know of you? Not a lot? Her icy gaze moves to Hazecloud in a silent question, Just what the hell did you two bond about then if you weren't talking about your friends and family back home? It picks at an insecurity she thought smothered already, making her paws itch to leave all the more intently. "Right... I guess that will be for Smokestar to decide..." At the very least Cicadastar hadn't aired his grievances with his lead warrior to the masses. She would certainly die of embarrassment otherwise.

"How many kits did you have? Hopefully your poor mate didn't suffer a huge litter on her own..." And on the cusp of leaf-bare no less- We are no better.

WELL IF YOU WANT MY BLOOD I'LL MAKE SO MUCH BLOOD
THAT YOU'RE GONNA FUCKING DROWN

stormbanner.png
☁︎
Though she is surrounded by clanmates, her exhilarated gaze does not leave Iciclefang. Her cheeks heat up as she mentions how she saved her life, too, something easily passable as simple bashfulness in response to praise. She looks to Cicadapaw as he is introduced, nodding to him. "Nice to meetcha, kid," She trills, positive he's just about the luckiest apprentice in RiverClan to get a mentor as skilled as the tortoiseshell. And she urges him to leave, soon followed by the others. Stormywing bids her clanmates goodbye with a wave of her tail, feeling guilty for how happy she is to have the other warrior all to herself.

She slips closer, but is careful not to get too close. They are good friends from the journey, nothing more...but stars her heart aches with so, so much more. "Good," She offers with a smile, feeling breathless. She shrugs, purring, "My sister is alright now. Stormfeather - she's Stormfeather, now - she's okay. She, uh, still can't walk, but she's okay, all things considered." She tapers off, unable to take ogling eyes off of her companion. She seems to forget herself and starts, straightening her shoulders to chirp, "And what about you? Your dad and sister?"

But Iciclefang would have no time to respond as the Gathering beings to commence. She shoots an almost spooked look towards the Great Rock where the leaders stand. That wasn't enough time at all with her! She gives Iciclefang a panicked look, halfway getting to her paws. "I gotta go sit with my clanmates." Say something else! Don't leave it at this! Impulsively, under her breath, she leans close and whispers, "Meet me at Sunningrocks in a quarter-moon, moonhigh." Her eyes plead with her to say yes as she slips away, ears straining to hear her response before she is swallowed by the crowd.

// @iciclefang
I WANNA TASTE LOVE AND PAIN ☁︎