camp SHRIKE ★ newborns

SWIFTDAWN

( a wilderness you kinda miss )
Mar 30, 2024
Swiftdawn's kits are born under the protection of the sun, the morning clouds parting just long enough to strike the queen across the face as their first contraction hits. With a nursery full of kittens already, ThunderClan is well equipped for one more for now. For most of their pregnancy, Swiftdawn just wished they could get out and hunt to help the Clan, and with more mouths to feed as leafbare looms ever closer they will feel the desire to help ever more keenly. But for now, in the bustle of the Clan's daily life the once-reluctant queen delivers safely, albeit quickly: the sunhigh patrols are barely returning by the time the last kitten is brought into the world.

Now, with dusk close at paw and Swiftdawn trembling with leftover adrenaline, they slump in their nest and curl around four kits. Their kits. Everything aches, but four kittens nurse at their side. A quiet sense of wonder washes over them, studying the tiny creatures closely. Settled comfortably in their own microcosm with no intention to leave, they don't even notice their company until a twitch of their ears alerts Swiftdawn to the presence of an expectant Clanmate.

// @CAMPIONSONG @MERLINKIT @basilkit @rosemarykit @WOLFKIT
this is also open to anyone in camp<3

Beetlekit could not remember when he was that young. When he crawled about over his mother's legs and his sibling's bodies, fighting for more milk and crying out when he was kicked away. The age where he slowly opened his eyes, the age where his ears unfolded- none of that was committed to memory. Not a bit.

He had been gently 'shoo'd out of the nursery when Swiftdawn called for the beginning of it. His nose had wrinkled, crying out that it was going to smell weird all over again, just like how Flamewhisker did right after she had her kits, but he had complied, trying to busy himself in camp even when he got to sleepy to go on. But dusk was approaching, and Beetlekit's eyes could not remain open any longer. Not like this, he thought- he was over it.

Pink nose pushed into the nursery, squinting against the darkened but comfortable room until his eyes adjusted. His nose wrinkled again, but his ears were forward and eyes bright as he slowly stepped in. "Woah... Do they have names yet? I bet they're gonna be super cool names." Beetlekit said quietly, his focus pinpointed on all four wiggling bodies.

—————---***I DON'T START FIGHTS BUT***————---

•  
  • LH black smoke with green eyes. scruffy looking with a very solid build.
    3 moons old; ages the 16th every month
    tba orient. ; currently not looking
    child of BURNSTORM and ROEFLAME
    thunderclan ; loyal to FAMILY
    medium to befriend ; trusts family mostly, trusts little otherwise
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ As soon as Swiftdawn had begun kitting, Flamewhisker had done her best to shoo everyone out of the nursery. It was quite the difficult task, given how full the den was, but she had managed to get most of the residents out. She had stayed near the den in case the other queen or Medicine Cat needed her to grab anything. Kitting was no easy task, and relief washed over her when her friend was finished. All had gone well, and four new kits had entered the clan.

Flamewhisker followed Beetlekit into the nursery, blinking softly at the new mother. Her gaze rested upon the new wiggling kits at their belly, wondering the same thing as Roeflame's son. A feeling of envy began to prickle at her heart as she watched Campionsong beside Swiftdawn. The pair would get to name their kits together...raise them together...She swallowed, trying to push her jealousy down. "Congratulations...they're beautiful." The fiery tabby would say instead, her tone genuine.

• 79527857_EHpqE5qIBF95tOn.png
  • FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 32 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    widowed mate to flycatcher / / mother to: falconheart, stormfeather, sparrowkit, sunkit, mothkit, scorchedkit, and squirrelkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

( 𖤓 ) he enters the world with a yell, a great opening of his lungs and a squeak of defiance. pushed out into the chilled sunshine of new-leaf, the boy wriggles and yelps amongst the soft moss and feathers of his new home. as other bodies join him, he pushes through them, seeking the warmth and safety he has been removed from. tiny paws paddle against the nest, shoving him ever closer to his dam's body. pale cream fur envelops this boy's form, his little tabby markings resembling swiftdawn almost identically. the un-named child rests in the crook of his parent's paw, mewling out a small sigh of contentedness. this new place is bright and loud- rumbling voices echo overhead, but the cream boy notices none of it. instead he basks in the softness of the fur around him.

• // "#FAC966"

• 81166020_bqRFC5VZF34ZvBS.png

• BASILKIT 𖤓 HE / THEY, KITTEN OF THUNDERCLAN. CAMPIONSONG x SWIFTDAWN, SIBLING TO ROSEMARYKIT, WOLFKIT, MERLINKIT. 0 MOONS OLD, PENNED BY LAVS
    81166020_bqRFC5VZF34ZvBS.png
    a shorthaired cream ticked tabby with high white and green eyes. a tall and lean boy sporting a chaotically ruffled coat of pale cream tabby hue. darker ticked stripes flow down his fur, and band around his legs and face. his chest, stomach, muzzle, and most of his tail are white, and his eyes are verdant green and sparkle with mischief.

Tornadokit fashioned himself the nursery's greeter lately, he loved meeting all the new faces rather they were worming around at their parents belly or had been brought in smelling of places outside the forest. He's seen so many newborns and was always amazed by just how small they were, hardly bigger then his paws and yet they were loud the moment they found their voices and so determined to feed. He'd been that way once, a little scrap of brown fur at some cats tummy, but like Beetlekit of course he doesn't recall those foggy memories but he thinks he can remember the warmth - the love his mother had for him. He doesn't like thinking about her, but he doesn't doubt he wasn't loved. It was just his fate to become a forest cat.

He'd been excitedly pacing outside the den and debating if he should try to worm in but well the yowls and weird scents kept him at bay until all was finished. He trots after his denmates heels joyfully a excited mraow coming from him as the large kitten peaks into the comfortably dim den. He sees them at Swiftdawn's flank and his eyes glimmer in adoration, they were cute even if they were a bit weird looking as all new kits were. They'd be all fluffy soon though and when their eyes opened he's sure they'd be just as lively and cute as Flamewhisker's and Roeflame's kits were. He nods his head at Beetlekit's question and nods "Cool names are the best names!" he doesn't think to be quiet his excitement just couldn't contain itself.

"I promise when I'm a apprentice I'll visit them and show off all the cool moves I'll learn" he promises, cool was the word of the day now to him. He does still plan to play with his friends and help the queens, he's a good boy and he's sure they'll still need the help!

esc1s8r.png

'CAUSE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE BANK — Gentlestorm smiles seeing the four bundles that had successfully been brought into the world without too much blood loss and the pale healer had made sure to bring a raspberry leaf for Swiftdawn, he nudges it over carefully to the queen. A quick dip of his head only to hear the excited mews of a few of the other kits that had come to see their newest denmates. The pale tom had been afraid of the queen falling victim to losing too much blood and falling into a deep sleep like Leopardtongue had, he's happy and relieved that hadn't been the case at all. "Congratulations Swiftdawn, they're lovely." He steps back so he isn't crowding the newest queen only to let himself settle near Flamewhisker and gave her shoulder a gentle brush of his own, his warm gaze searching hers briefly. He can't help but chuckle at what both Beetlekit and Tornadokit say about cool names then the older kit talking about how he'd visit to teach them some moves he may learn from his mentor.

"That'd be awfully generous of you, Tornadokit." The pale tom says with amusement in his gaze and he rises carefully to his paws not wishing to crowd the den for too long. He knows that others would likely want to visit soon and he wouldn't want to get in the way so he says simply "If you need anything else, feel free to send Campionsong my way." Gentlestorm offers a curt nod before turning away to go to his den.

2pKSe0G.png

• MEDICINE CAT IN TRAINING;
    ✿✿✿✿✿ FLESH WOUNDS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ INFECTIONS
    ✿✿✿✿❀ ACHES & PAINS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ ILLNESS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BREATHING ISSUES
    ✿❀❀❀❀ TRAVELING HERBS
    ✿✿✿❀❀ BROKEN BONES
    ✿✿✿❀❀ KITTING
    ❀❀❀❀❀ POISONS
  • 2t95GvC.png
    a longhaired blue sepia tom w/low white and brown eyes
    gentlestorm is a very warm individual and friendly to those who he meets, he's very social and willing to lend anyone a paw if they need it. he's very patient, caring, and it's usually rare to earn his ire.
    55 moons old; ages the 27th every month
    widowed mate of little wolf
    easy to befriend/interact with ; hard to anger/upset ; peaceful powerplay allowed
    "speech", thoughts, attacking

Nameless for moments more, the sepia kitten finds solace in the warmth of her siblings. She cries, yes, for it is natural to shout at the unwelcoming, unkind world - but she finds kindness in the caress of a tired tail, welcoming voices that are muffled just beyond her. Her cries dull to whimpers and soon enough, just the sound of suckling as she nurses the night away.​

Reactions: BossTaurus

Rustling around, the small tortoiseshell kitten nestled where she found comforting pool of warmth, flowing as fountains of honey to she who saw and listened to naught. Little lips suckled on the only source of sustenance she knew of. She shied away from the light, turning leaden head downwards to the solace of a cold, silent ground. Quiet mewls erupted from her little mouth, still tinged with roseyed hue and muggy with young breaths. She was alive, and so much so, as she drank in life and expelled it out once more.

Like all revelations, the morning unfurled all.

One of his clanmates had called for Campionsong sharply, and of course did the silver tabby deftly follow, though the worries of morrow did wear and mar at a flippant countenance. Anxieties of fatherhood had even manifested in his sleep, the place where he could escape all of his troubles. Now, rest had evaded him like a slippery piece of prey, and it showed upon frayed cheeks and half-lids. Like the harsh reveille of a rooster had buzzed through his ears, Campion quickly made his way to the nursery as he not-so-gracefully wove past a body in his path. Oh suns, I'm late! What if Swiftdawn tells me they never wanna see me again? I mean, I'd hardly want to see myself either if I was late to my own mate's birthing. Like, wow, what a total jerk - He and his thoughts skidded to a grinding halt. And there he saw his mate and his children, and with his nerves it felt as though it had been a terrible secret that had been ripped open and divulged, a great chasm greeting all that gazed within. Cast into the dipped sunlight were the cats that he cherished, more than anything.

"They're... beautiful. Truly beautiful." They must take after their father, Campionsong shoved the stupidly witty quip down his internal gullet of his mind, and he waved away the chance to be droll in the face of a grave situation as easily as the day shrugged off the morning dew. He stepped closer, though slower, cautious as to not somehow mess up. Reverent was his stance, as if he beheld greatness in the keenness of his mallow-green gaze. "Have you named them already? I'd, uh, like to name one. Or two." He bent down to touch his nose to Swiftdawn's head, as though his love evinced and triumphed past his shallow persona, light blustering past the cracks of a matte mask. Swiftdawn looked peaceful, perhaps more so than they had looked in quite a while. A smile cracked at the edges of jagged, pronged lips. He then turned his round stare towards his children, suckling and worming about between each other, without a single care or worry in the world. Some yelled and some stayed silent, but all captured his heart the moment he laid his attention unto them.

Untitled77_20240414010816.png

"I'LL BE RIGHT BESIDE YOU"

Not wanting to crowd or intrude, Brighteyes remained outside of the nursery, smiling as he watched his clanmates eagerly lining up to welcome the new litter into the world. Having so many cats care about you right off the bat, ready and willing to help out and pass on their knowledge, it really was a sight to behold, even if it made something a little lonely echo inside of him. "I-it must be pretty great to be raised by the clan. I kind of wish I got the chance to experience it myself." he commented wistfully to the cat nearest him.

Untitled68_20240414003550.png

FMLR8dG.jpeg

Meadowkit, along with the others, is ushered out of the nursery the second Swiftdawn starts the kitting process. What's the big deal? she finds herself wondering. Just 'cuz Swiftdawn was bringing new kits into the clan doesn't mean she should be booted from her nest! But she obliges like the adults ask her to, despite the way she feels about the whole ordeal. And besides, it's over before she even knows it. Beetlekit is already poking his ehad back into the nursery, and Meadowkit follows suit, coming to stand by her dark-pelted cousins side. "They're so little" she observes, green eyes flickering over the tiny bundles of fur one by one "When will they be able to play?" She wants to start playing with them immediately! But something about how small they are tells her that that wouldn't be quite possible just yet. Especially with their eyes and ears closed.

Tornadokit reminds them all of her impending apprenticeship by declaring that she would teach them everything she learned and Gentlestorm praises her for it. With one white paw, Meadowkit reaches out and gently shoves her den-mate in a playful fashion "Don't forget about us Tornadokit! You gotta show me everything you learn!" She declares. She wanted as much of a head start as possible, after all.

When Campionsong starts talking about names is when Meadowkit's attention is captured again. It makes her wonder about her own name, had her mother chosen it or her father? And why was she Meadowkit? She almost asks if she can name one, but luckily Brighteyes distracts her from that thought. "You didn't grow up in the clan?" She balks. She cannot imagine growing up anywhere else because ThunderClan was the best!
  • oZHYGDl.jpeg

• 79402766_SDCTSiSnicLgq5m.png
    MEADOWKIT THUNDERCLAN KITTEN ; SHE / HER
    LIGHTSTRIKE X MOONWHISPER SISTER TO SCARLETKIT & MOTTLEDKIT
    A large fluffy red tabby kitten with a white chest, stomach, tail, muzzle and stripe running along her back. Her eyes are a deep, forest, green and in her pelt one can usually find flowers woven
    easy in battle + no formal training