SLEEP ALONE ⛧ SHEEPPAW

Vulturepaw

black rabbit of inlé
Jun 16, 2024

˖⁺‧₊ ☽◯☾ ₊‧⁺˖  Vulturepaw doesn't know what's worse: the illness, or the waiting. They've been treated now, and yet the tightness in their chest does not cease. Everything moves slowly, so slowly. Day by day he finds only the tiniest hint of relief, so minuscule that sometimes he thinks he may be imagining it. The more lucid he grows, the more impatient he becomes.

He's never been easily bored. It's a new feeling, and he doesn't like it. "Sheep - pawww," comes the apprentice's crooning call in the dim of the badger set. His old nurserymate was always more prone to boredom; maybe he can offer a solution. "Are you awake?" He blinks blearily at what he believes to be the other apprentice. "It's t-t-t... It's t-t... too... sad in here," he admits with a huff. "I hate it. D-D... D'you think we cuhh-can leave soon?"

• @SHEEPPAW
  • 78719023_Dn5AkWBYFbxxqzb.png

"SPEECH"
  • VULTUREPAW he / they, apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    a spiky-furred dark tabby with amber eyes.
    skittish and dour, with a superstitious sort of pessimism.
    micheal x npc, adopted by periwinklebreeze. sibling to dustpaw and bilberrypaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNIDsaturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

He's been treated now, he's pretty sure he has. All the sick cats were... But the waiting absolutely sucks! He ate that bitter herb, Wolfsong gave him and his temporary denmates. Sheeppaw has been drifting in and out of consciousness in a sleepy mindset for a few days now. Everything moves so slowly. Day after day, he discovers only discontent in his illness-tinted nest and him being more fidgety. Thumping his messy tail through the dirt, his lanky form stretched out as his chest rattled in the dim badger set.

The tightness in her chest never ceases, as he breathes through her leather nose. She felt achingly slow, the agony of listening to his clanmates rattled breaths and sickly coughs. Sheeppaw's glossy blue eyes fluttered open, large ear twitching and swiveling to a crooning voice. Whuh-? She opens his maw, tongue feeling heavy as she speaks softly with a sniffle. "I...I'm awake... Vul— Vulturepaw." The moor - runner apprentice lifts her head up, turning it to sleepily blink at Vulturepaw. She listens to the spiky-furred dark tabby speak once more.

He clears the phlegm away, sitting up his nest. His lungs are sore, seemingly from exertion but his half-lidded gaze looks over at Vulturepaw. "It is sad... I don...don't like it." He grumbles; and he is frustrated with how his voice takes from him, like it has whims of its own. " I think we cuhh-can leave soon. It's too sticky 'n icky here... Ah. I wanna f-feel the wind in my fur a-again..."
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet </3
  • ( HEY! WHATCHA GOT? ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ SHEEPPAW. ╱ windclan apprentice.
    amab ; HE / SHE ; not opposed to gendered terms
    ⸝⸝ CURRENTLY 9 MOONS OLD. AGES EVERY 29TH.
    undecided / not actively looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a lanky, longhaired black smoke with high white and blue eyes
    thoughts ; "Speech, B9D6F2" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like night air & windblown heather
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

˖⁺‧₊ ☽◯☾ ₊‧⁺˖  Vulturepaw can almost make out the black and white shape of Sheeppaw, if he focuses hard enough. He thinks that might be a smile on her face, and it's strange. There's no reason to smile in a place like this. The sadness feels like it's spread all the same as the infection.

Focusing gives them a headache. After only a moment of puzzling over the dim outline of Sheeppaw's face, they shut their eyes. They rest their head upon their forepaws satisfied at having found the other at all. "Mn. Very icky," they agree softly. The hollow of the old den is filled with nothing but sniffles and wheezes. The scents of sick and bitter herbs fill the air, an unpleasant combination. It's suffocating.

The wind in his fur... Vulturepaw closes his eyes, and tries to imagine it. "Must suck t-to be a t-t... t-t-tunneler. My buh-brother's gotta go back underground after this," he mutters ruefully. As much as he wishes he could be with his siblings, the thought of being trapped underground after escaping this claustrophobic burrow makes his heart race. A mournful sigh tumbles out of the dark feline's maw. "I miss fresh air," he laments, before cracking a single eye open to look at Sheeppaw again. "Y'got tuh-to... be an apprentice a lot longer thh-thuh... th-than me. Was it... fun? Um, running and - and everything?" They'd rather think about that - about anything other than being stuck here.

• 78719023_Dn5AkWBYFbxxqzb.png

"SPEECH"
  • VULTUREPAW he / they, apprentice of windclan, seven moons.
    a spiky-furred dark tabby with amber eyes.
    skittish and dour, with a superstitious sort of pessimism.
    micheal x npc, adopted by periwinklebreeze. sibling to dustpaw and bilberrypaw.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNIDsaturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.