private staring into open flame ☀️ rabbitnose

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
A damp breeze ruffles through brass fur as the early hunting patrol sets out. Roeflame didn’t feel a pang of dread this morning, even in the company of traitors. Rabbitnose walked alongside her, and as the cats ventured further out, the more distance grew between the patrol. Stretched just to the point where Roeflame could safely nudge Rabbitnose to the side under the guise of a potential scent trail.

The duo cannot risk venturing far from where the rest still lingered, but when they were just out of earshot Roeflame would deem it safe enough to come to a stop. Turning to Rabbitnose, her gaze is near electric.

“Your loyalty is unquestionable, that I know Rabbitnose.” Roeflame begins, voice low. “You’re family will be home again under Flamewhiskers rightful leadership,” the image of Freckleflame flashes behind celadon hues, and Roeflame’s heart hurts for her best friend. “But you will need to fight for it. Can we count on you?” Roeflame’s pupils flicker from either of the others tom’s eyes, unable to suppress the slight apprehension in her chest. the influence of fear was intense, enough to make any warrior bend just so, Roeflame could only hope the other’s grief would work as hers and contort to drive.

• @Rabbitnose

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Unlike Roeflame, Rabbitnose absolutely felt a pang of dread amongst all of these rogues claiming to be clanmates. Every day, actually. Sharing a den with the murderer of his daughter, with cats who tried to poison kittens, who killed Howlingstar, it was driving him mad. He never thought of himself as bloodthirsty, but he guesses...Once you've been pushed past what you can take, you're bound to change.

The nudge to his shoulder breaks him away from his depressed thoughts and shoos the stormcloud over his head away. Gladly following Roeflame, he keeps his nose to the ground and ears pricked to find their prey.....

At first, when she turns on him, he thinks he's messed up somehow. But then she begins to speak, and he straightens his posture. This was a serious conversation.

The mention of his family makes him wonder again, for the millionth time, how they're doing. How all of them are doing. He takes in a quiet breath. Her words light a spark in him. Was it almost time to get rid of these rogues? He can see the energy in her eyes, its contagious. Vengeance for Mousenose, For Howlingstar, for all who have been hurt by Skyclaw's insanity.

His voice is quiet, but sincere. "Yes. I'll fight for Flamewhisker. I'll fight for Thunderclan and all those we've lost because of that....Bilehearted rogue." His eyes begin to mist briefly, thinking of his daughter. "I failed Mousenose... I won't fail Thunderclan."

• Sad
Reactions: Noor ♡