camp STEP RIGHT UP &. meddie den storytelling

ORANGEPAW.

I FLOAT IN A BOAT☆▪︎°○
Jun 7, 2023

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- cw for vague description of depression//
he doesn't think he's ever felt this way before. there is something in the deepest depths of his belly that nags at him. a feeling that he doesn't understand– one that he just can't place. it makes him feel sluggish. tired. worn out. he doesn't know why. it's not as if he's done anything but lay here. and lay here. and lay here. he's limped, on a pawful of occasions, to the entrance but only when gentlestorm wasn't looking. he was very very careful about how he moved, because even moving wrong made him ache. he could deal with the pain. he can deal with listening to his clanmates bicker back and forth, or even the fact that it seems like fallowpaw doesn't really enjoy him being around– even if he doesn't quite understand that that's what that is– but what he can't deal with is this feeling.

he lays on his back in his nest, looking up at the roof of the den, slowly blinking as he shakes his head. okay. again. one... two... three... he keeps counting. he doesn't even really know what he's counting at this point. the amount of times he's breathing? the sounds of his clanmates? the different herbal smells even if they mostly just bundle into one?

"i'm... hungry i think. mama, what do you think i should eat?"

he asks, though he knows that no one will answer. maybe he is just hopeful that for once, she will. he rolls over in his nest and presses himself into it further. he winces at the feeling in his tummy. it's not hunger. what is it? something akin to... sadness but it's more than that? he doesn't know what it is but it feels like darkness. like... loss of hope. like... loss in general. gently he shakes his head and he smiles, even if it doesn't reach his eyes, quietly whispering to his current denmates.

"hey... psst... you wanna tell, uhm, funny silly stories? it's like spooky scary ones but more fun!"

somewhere in the back of his mind, something downright begs for them to say yes. anything to get him out of his cloudy head. he doesn't like thst. he just wants to be happy. he can do that. he can be happy... right?

• tKSWnkG.png
  • ORANGEPAW he/they, apprentice of thunderclan, 8 moons.
    rather large polydactyl orange tabby with white markings, green eyes, and a broken left hind leg
    npc x npc // no known family. mother is deceased
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    not necessarily great in battle. semi easy to attack due to lack of expereince alone.
    penned by scar@salemdraws on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

〕It was hard, having two kits in the Medicine Den. One a permanent resident, the other healing from a recent rogue attack. She had brought a large squirrel into the den with her, an offering for anyone who was hungry. Her heart ached when she gazed at the new scars on her son's pelt...and again when she gazed at Stormfeather's limp body. The sight never got any easier to see. I should have found them sooner... If she hadn't let Stormfeather get separated on the journey, the dogs would not have gotten her, and if she had been quicker to find Falconheart, they could have fought the rogue together.

She had planned on sharing tongues with her kits, but another figure caught her eye. In one of Gentlestorm's nests, Orangepaw was laying on his back, speaking to his mother as though she were there with him. The deputy cast a glance at Falconheart, and another at Stormfeather. Her daughter was sleeping anyways, and she knew her son would understand. She sat the squirrel down, and padded over to sit near the young apprentice. Grief was no stranger to her...she knew his pain well. It was something she wished she could take from him, to add another weight onto her own shoulders. She would carry it for him if it meant making him smile again. "Hello dear." Her voice was soft, the tone she used with her kits during her time in the nursery. "I would love to. Why don't you go first?"
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 34 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

"speech", 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- "me? I can go first? you mean it? o-okay! okay! uhm... hold on, lemme get more comfortable! thank you!"

flamewhisker is a nice cat for letting him go first! he will have to make it up to her later, he thinks, but for right now he will just focus on telling this story. his ears flick back and forth as he thinks and he hums in thought. okay. funny stories. he... isn't sure he's good at stories without being able to move, too much. he is much better when he can show, too, but he will have to make due.

"alright! uhm, so this is a story about a young little squirrel became a leader of a clan! my momma told me about this one! okay okay, so uhm, there was the little Itty bitty squirrel and his name is acorn. he was outcasted and made fun of a lot for being different than the other squirrels. my mom says youre not supposed to make fun of others for that but his squirrel friends weren't so nice. so... he went on an adventure to meet the almighty crow!"

orangepaw held back a small laugh but his smile remains wide as he speaks.

"the crow was very very far away and it took many many sunrises for acorn to find him. and when he finally met the crow... the crow called him nuts for wanting to be leader! and acorn only laughed and said of course he's nuts, he isn't named acorn for no reason! but he was determined! he only needed the crows blessing and by bringing him a worm he was extremely blessed! the crow let him ride his back and head right to the tree, where he was crowned the leader because of his cool and awesome he was! the end!"

// this story purposefully is to be made to be told by a kid who was listening but missed some parts, very important parts, and messed some parts up because he was too excited to tell it. feel free to have yr characters react in any way <3