camp STORM CLOUDS GATHER IN HER EYES ★ UPRISING

Dust and spittle flung in the air- Thundergleam heard the yowls, and muscles grew taut. Rosy eyes widened to find the source of the clamour- Skyclaw's blood mixed with the coppery tang of the air. The atmosphere was barely breathable anymore,but Thundergleam knew in the stillness of his body and in the heaving breaths of Raccoonstripe that the insurrector was dead. He who had trodden so carelessly on StarClan's will... he would find that they were not waiting for him.

The pale she-cat's fur was ruffled, but she had no cuts- a wound was carved somewhere, though. In the heart of a yowling friend- in the yellow eyes that stared down at Wrath-howl. Her fur prickled, her limbs ached- Badgerstripe darted toward her first, and Thundergleam's paws surged with a strength. Was this an unfixable pain? Had Wrath-howl wreaked an anguish that could not be mended, no matter how hard Badgerstripe tried?

No, she could not be rash ... especially not with a friend. "Stormywing, we-" she spoke breathlessly, and her words hitched, tripping over themselves. Crimson pupils gleamed ... glanced down at Wrath-howl, then to her friend once more. "We... we must trust Flamewhisker, now."

A leader's judgement was the will of ThunderClan. Her own judgement was an important thing ... but there were other matters to attend to, now.

\ interacting with @STORMYWING and @badgerstripe
penned by pin ☾

*+:。.。 Wrath-howl isn't surprised, but it still hurts.

Orangepaw's fear, Sproutberry's rejection, Roaringpaw's conclusion of their shared den-mate's story it...it makes sense. Wrathpaw watches with wide, but not shocked, eyes as the tale unfolds. He can already hear the kittens in the nursery scream for joy when this story is one day told to them; another ring on Thunderclan's oak of victory.
Wrathhowl knows he has no right to feel anything besides resignation...and yet, the killer's heart aches.

Orangepaw had always been kind to Wrathhowl. Even after everything that transpired, the orange tabby still smiled at Wrath-howl from a distance. Maybe it was never intended for the killer, but still, he admired the boy for never giving in to his fear. To see him crumpled in a ball now, trembling as he pleads for Wrath-howl to not hurt him, feels as though the sharp end of his rib had snapped and sunk deep into his chest. Wrathhowl has no right to tell Orangepaw not to be afraid, to be shocked that he even would be, not after all that he's done. So with his actions, he'll prove it.

Sproutberry's rejection hurts in a way Wrathhowl can't describe. It's the erasing of a path he never knew he'd longed to walk down. It's strange, to want a connection with someone so clearly lost in their pride and callousness...but is Wrathhowl not the same? Something in him aches at the reminder that some cats can't be saved. That Wrathhowl is among them.

Roaringpaw's decision to draw blood cools the rush in Wrathhowl's veins. He knew the golden point was furious and unforgiving, but to kill? Starclan, Wrathhowl would've laughed if every cell in his body wasn't frozen stiff, watching his denmates tear at each other before Roaringpaw rose victorious, coated in the blood of a tom they'd all grown up with. Wrathpaw knows he has no right to judge, not when the light fading in Sproutberry's eyes blinks coppery green in Wrathhowl's vision. Still, the reminder is all the same - Wrathhowl is next.
He knows it.

Just as he knows he ought to feel nothing but reigned.

But the killer can't.
The boy looks at Roaringpaw and finds he can only feel afraid.

He's next. He's next. He's next. And he deserves to be. He has no right to ask for anything different.
He's next, he's next, he's next. Will Roaringpaw give him the mercy to at least pass a message onto Wrathhowl's siblings? He takes a step back, fighting the urge to unsheathe his claws.
He's next, he's next, he's next. And Starclan won't be there to greet him.
Breathing coming out in a wheeze, he startles when he feels something soft against his remaining hind leg. He looks down at Orangepaw, afraid of Wrathhowl, and finds it impossible to keep the tears out of his dark blue eyes.
"Orangepaw, promise you'll keep your eyes closed" he whispers to the other boy, wishing, of all the cats right now, that he wasn't one of the growing many to see what it's like for someone's spirit to leave their body. Don't look at Sproutberry. Don't look at me.

Choking back his tears - his fear, his guilt, the resignation he doesn't feel but that which he must accept, and faces Roaringpaw.
He's next, he's next, he's next...but when you've taken two lives, it's only fair he gives his one.

Wherver he goes, he promises, he'll be better.
"B-before you...c-could you tell Laughblossom and Lovelight that I-"

And suddenly, he's on the ground. His head hits the floor with a resounding THUNK, the only noise he hears above the pounding of blood in his ears is his own gasp and -
"Murderer!"

Stormywing.
She's crying.

Wrathhowl feels small beneath her claws as she screams at him. He feels her claws in his chest; it's so similar to the pierce of guilt, he almost doesn't notice. Almost. He flinches and trembles, writhes against her grip, but his throat has since sealed - he can't speak a word, he doesn't know what he could say.

Before today, Wrathhowl had seen two types of death in a cat's eyes.
One, where the light that made them whole, made them everything faded away into a colorful grey that, in its passing, stole something away from you, too.

Two, where a cat still breathes and walks and thinks, but the whole that makes them them has dwindled and cracked, broken so far beyond repair that their eyes look as empty as a lifeless pool of water where not even algae could survive.

Today, right now, he discovers a third kind of death.
One that burns so passionately behind golden eyes that it can consume all that's left of you. Her eyes are golden. Almost copper.
It's fitting, that this is how it ends. He watches as she rises to her hind legs, the rain from her tears making the gold of her eyes enviable to the sun. He wonders if Pebblestep would be proud of her. If, after this, his victim will feel vindicated.

Wrathhowl wishes -

As his cursed name might imply, the killer can only howl.
Laceration after laceration, with each violent swipe Wrathhowl hears and thinks less. Murderer! Fox-heart! The insults ring, loud and true, but he can't bring himself to care. I know! I know! peeters off into desperate I'm sorry! I'm sorry! before dissipating into IT HURTS! Until, ultimately, all that's left in his head is just the sound of his own breathless howling.

Blinding white agony. Stinging, burning, freezing! He howls until he can't anymore; until he's a yelping beast twitching weakly on the floor. Hollow, save for the pain.

• GENERAL:
    Wrath-howl
    DMAB— He/Him
    10 moons — Ages 1 moon every month real-time
    Brother to Lovelight, Joywing, Laughblossom || Pridepaw, Merrypaw
    Thunderclan — apprentice
    Mentored by Wildheart

COMBAT:
    Physically mediocre | mentally very easy
    Attack in bold #4a59ff
    injuries: None currently , mentally unwell
    "SPEECH"

· · ───────────── ·𖥸· ───────────── · ·

Nightbird's mercy is the careful stillness of her claws... Mottledpaw can recognize that much, as her clan-mates around her tear into each-other like hungry dogs. Uncertainty dribbles off her like the rain that slides down her sides, watching the hesitant lap of a tongue through the thick welts of blood that roll down her nose. It must taste like kitten-tears and dusty fur from scuffling. Like moments spent reverently watching them when Moonwhisper stepped out to dirt-place. Like the moss she'd soften under-paw to get them to stop complaining. Her eyes water, struggling to maintain her face into something of a look of sternness. To be bigger than she was. Older. Smarter.

"You started this."

Not a claw has been lifted against her and yet the weight of that blame feels like she's been tackled. Pressed into the ground with her ribs crushed between pelt and earth. "No," she answers, more of a keening whine than a denial, "I was just..." Even now, the motivation for her decisions feels elusive and unsteady- Just what? Doing what I was told? Trying to hold on to my uncle because he was the last cat that ever saw mom?

"I didn't kill anybody," she argues, insistent that of those that fight today she is not a threat. Not a real one, not like she'd imagined herself to be. There is a flicker of movement behind her, a hulking tabby form stalking towards Skyclaw where he writhes on the ground- when had he fallen?

They murmur something to each-other that she can't hear and before she can think to react, blood spills blood... and ice runs through her veins. You can't.... That's our family you can't- Racoonstripe is not privy to the pleas kept in her head, lips numb at the sight of the too-still form of her uncle. He looks just like her mom....

"Are you.... you're going to kill me too," she mewls, ears flattening as pin-tiny pupils find Nightbird again. "It isn't my fault! Don't- don't come any closer- I didn't mean to hurt anyone... I thought I was doing the right thing; I was told I was doing the right thing!"

Why would you do this to me....? You're the one that made him my mentor, Howlingstar! Why would you forsake me? I don't want to die! Make her stop! Make them stop!

-- @nightbird
sorry it's a little late <3​

CAN YOU TELL ME HOW LOVE WORKS
SO I DON'T EVER MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE ?

sleekserpent & 19 moons & genderfluid & he/she/they & thunderclan warrior

65650054_mOfSkE7MQ4CFfJP.jpg
'You need to do the right thing, Sleekserpent'

And yet when he does, it's too late.

All it takes is a moment, just one - baby blue eyes widen as teeth sink deep into her neck, a flood of copper filling her own mouth. He'd hesitated, reminded of his friends words - was this really what he wanted? What klildeercry and barelysight would've wanted? But it's too late now - regret means nothing in the face of her loss.

Maybe, he should've listened sooner - before Pebblestep had fallen beneath his paws. If she had, would she have lived? Or maybe, he never should've listened o Badgerstripe at all - if he hadn't, would it be vilefury laying beneath him instead with throat split open? He blinks, breathing out with only last gurgle as she shakes him, before he goes limp.

There is no heroic ending for them, no pride in a battle well fought. Sleekserpent has lost - for the first time since yellowcough ravaged pale frame, he has lost. Darkness swims before fading vision, and all she can think is that she will never get to see her kits...

She has failed.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'

D I D I L O V E Y O U T O O M U C H ?

// continuation of this thread

Antler circled like the beast in her heart- she had been there for Flamewhisker time and time again, teeth flashing and claws tearing into rogue-hearted 'Thunderclanners' who dare to draw too close. The fur on her spine had stood straight, the narrow in her eyes glimmering as she created a bluffing, blood-stained body that she hoped, she prayed, kept some away. Two warriors loyal to Skyclaw had fallen to her paws, and given the minimal injuries on her sides, the things she had taught her stayed.

Ears twitched as Skyclaw fell, and she briefly relaxed as the war finished it's raging- blood hung heavy in the air, singing like a grim chorus. A screech interrupted it, murderer! and Antler's head was whipping about, pupils blown wide as she scampered closer. How many have died? How many? How many, to sate a need for blood that one cat started, a need for cleansing, as he called it? How many? Scars were still fresh down her right side, newer, light scratches finding their path across her front. The ones her mother gave her stung as Badgerstripe hauling Stormywing off of Wrath-howl, and her vision dropped to him.

Perhaps it was like a storm clearing, a brief moment of Antlerbreeze showing her kindness, her strength, even as Antler stood here instead. Thundergleam stood and watched, but her paws dragged forward, feathered fur darkening maroon leaving the ground as she stepped closer. A bleeding animal. Wasn't that what she was, once? Wasn't that what Fallow had shown it's siblings to be? Slowly did Antler lower her head, nose pressing to Wrath-howl's ear, a silent bid to silence his howling. A kindness not afforded to many. Yes, her heart burned with the wish to finish the other's life, to draw her claws across tender-fleshed throat and end the suffering.

Was it a kindness to save him, or to kill him? Slowly did amber eyes close, tightly, before opening again. Her head turned, watching the bodies topple that had died- Sparrowpaw, Sleekserpent. Her heart burned. Smokefur, Yewflame, Pebblestep- no, too many, too many. "Rest." She muttered to Wrath-howl, then stood, vision turning towards Flamewhisker.
  • "speech"
  • ANTLERPOISON she/her, warrior of thunderclan, thirteen moons.
    LH cinnamon lynx sepia with low white. smaller body, agile and slippery, fits really well in small gaps in the underbrush. soft spoken but strong and determined.
    previously mentored by howlingstar / / mentoring no one
    padding after no one / / sibling to fallowbite and doepath
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.