private STORM CLOUDS GATHER || secret council meeting

I need you to get word to Roeflame and Raccoonstripe...meet me in two sunrises...snakerocks..

Her conversation with her son replayed in her mind as she lay crouched in a bush near where the two councilmates were supposed to meet her. Her ears rotated, searching for any signs of movement nearby. After what felt like forever, she finally heard paw steps. Her heart was roaring in her ears as she waited to see who would emerge from the undergrowth. Fallowbite was beside her, and as much as she didn't want to trust it, Howlingstar had, so she would hold onto their leader's belief. It was a risky bargain...but one they had to risk. Howlingstar had believed her grandson would step aside too...but Fallowbite was their only chance they had against any form of retaliation.

Finally, the ever so familiar black tabby and her former nursery denmate emerged into the small clearing. Letting out a sigh of relief, the deputy emerged from her hiding spot, motioning for her guard to join them. They were lucky today...it wasn't often they were all out of the camp at the same time. Skyclaw had messed up by assigning them both to a hunting patrol, but who knew if he would make the same mistake any time soon? "We don't have much time." her voice was short, crisp. She was certain they were alone for now, but none of them could risk being away from their patrols for long.

"You." Her head turned to her guard, narrowing her gaze. "Howlingstar trusted you. You covered for her when she was on the shore...but yet you actively follow Skyclaw? Why?"
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc. @FALLOWBITE @ROEFLAME . @RACCOONSTRIPE
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Falconhearts message had been brief and in passing, but Roeflame had found herself silently repeating it to herself over these last two sunrises, keeping her hardened gaze purposefully away from either of her formal council-mates as she went about her day.

As cold and calculated as Skyclaw wanted to seem with his ruthless acts of terror, he was still young. And stupid.
With Raccoonstripe at her flank, the trek to their rendezvous was silent, Roeflame’s gaze never straying from the one direction of forward. When thick undergrowth thins and gives away to the towering mound of rocks, the former Lead Warrior comes to a slow, finally giving Raccoonstripe a cautionary glance. Was it sick to give in the pang of envy she feels looking at him?

Something rustles, and a bushes trembling stems reveal their deputy, Roeflame’s shoulders visibly loosening. When Flamewhisker motions them forward, the tabby warriors gait is unhesitating as she joins her former nursery-mate under the shrubs shelter. The sight of Fallowbite still makes Roeflame’s hackles raise, but she trusted Flamewhisker, she trusted Howlingstar.

Still, the weary prisoner can’t keep the bite from her tone when she addresses her friends former apprentice. “What do you know?” A hoarse whisper at most. Flamewhisker was right, between their patrol noticing their absence or stumbling across their talking bush… every heartbeat share there was going to be precious.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

ˏˋ*⁀➷ Fallowbite keeps its guard up. The (former?) deputy wants it alone, and it can't imagine its for anything good. It does not protest, merely ducks its head and waits, watches the arrival of more of the council.

It cannot help the way that its fur stands on edge as it emerges from the bushes, the frightened glare that twists its scar-torn face. This is more scrutiny than it has ever wanted upon itself. Flamewhisker, Raccoonstripe, Roeflame... All cats of power, once. Even as prisoners, it struggles not to see them as above it on the food chain.

The interrogation begins quickly, words hissed into the humming quiet of the clearing. Everyone is on edge, that much is clear. Will its answers here determine its fate? Would they kill it out here, send a message to Skyclaw? It sets its jaw. "Nothin' you don't. Just that Skyclaw's a killer," it mumbles, "and I don't think he'll be forgivin' if he finds out I tried t'stop him." It hasn't been let in on any plans since the takeover; if its information they want, its well has run dry. But if they seek justification, it has plenty, built up inside the hollow of its chest and rotting fast. "Don't have much of a choice, do I?"

• 84967151_9ydGxfWsqAPcif1.png
  • FALLOWBITE ⁀➷ she / it, warrior of thunderclan, twelve moons.
    a scarred, pointed brown and white molly with shaggy fur and golden eyes.
    standoffish and solitary, always seems to have a dark cloud hanging over its head.
    baying hound xx npc, littermate to antlerbreeze & doepath.
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by SATURNID ↛ saturnids on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

〕Roeflame was quick to help interrogate Fallowbite, her tone was sharp but still hushed. She couldn't blame her friend for her tone, it was hard to trust a cat who appeared to outwardly support Skyclaw. Her intense gaze shifted to her guard as she waited for her to answer the questions. "We need your help, Fallowbite." the tabby started after it mumbles a response. "Thunderclan needs your help...your siblings need your help." She paused, hoping for her words to sink in. "Skyclaw will run the clan into the ground, and he won't stop in Thunderclan. We have to stop him, and soon, but we can't do it without you."

She cast a glance to Raccoonstripe, then to Roeflame. "We need to figure out who to trust. To take back Thunderclan, we need numbers. Watch our clanmates, approach those who are loyal. Tell them that Thunderclan will prevail...Howlingstar's death will be avenged. To follow me when the time is right." Green orbs then shift to the warrior beside them. "When we have the numbers, I need you to travel to Leafhusk and Burnstorm. Thunderclan can't overthrow them without them. When the time is right, I will tell you where they are."
u9a4dSL.png

• ooc.
  • FLAMEWHISKER —— deputy of thunderclan , mentoring none . storm x lily . littermate to nala, smokey, and nemo ✦ penned by icey !
    afab / she/her / 35 moons & ages every 20ᵗʰ
    widowed / heterosexual / closed to romance
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / underline & tag account when attacking
    —— difficult in battle

speech”, 'thoughts', all opinions are in character
    tags — msg on discord for plots — toyhouse
  • 74170852_bklpiIOmSWVpAVE.png

a longhaired red tabby with low white and green eyes. flamewhisker's fur is a vibrant hue of red, riddled with thick classic tabby markings. her fur is medium in length, and she has a large, feathery tail. her chest, belly, tail tip, and her paws are dipped white. flamewhisker's eyes are a dark, deep shade of green. her shoulder has a large scar on it from a fight with a dog. she also has a shredded ear from a disagreement with a loner during her time alone before joining thunderclan. on particularly cold days, or sometimes before a major weather change, she will walk with a slight limp from her shoulder injury.

"Two sunrises." The words thud behind his eyes like a dull headache. "Snakerocks." He falls into step with Roeflame, hardly sparing his councilmate a glance as they trudge into the forest, away from the patrol they'd been assigned to. Black-rimmed eyes scan the shadows, the treeline, for movement, for serpent-eyed faces who flash their venom-tinged fangs. He is far more afraid of Skyclaw's assassins than he is of adders now. I am risking more than my own life. I'm risking Nightbird's. My kits'.

Raccoonstripe's fur begins to spike when he scents Flamewhisker; she isn't alone. The ginger tabby sits amidst the stones with a familiar hunch-backed, shaggy-pelted creature. Its amber gaze fumes like monster exhaust. The black-striped tom can't help but curl his lip, expose the jagged edge of his teeth. "And what is she doing here?"

But Flamewhisker flicks her green gaze toward the hulking beast who serves as her guard, asks her what her motives are. His mother's name spilling from her trusted deputy's maw is enough to send a fresh, staggering wave of grief crashing through his body; he hardly manages to remain standing; his paws tremble through the weight of a sadness he cannot express, cannot shake. She trusted Fallowbite? He clamps his jaws together, unwilling to speak against it if his late mother had placed her life into its paws.

Roeflame asks what the tawny-furred beast knows. It swings its head their direction, its voice gravel-rough. "Nothin' you don't." Raccoonstripe fights the frustration that lodges in his throat. What good are you then, he wants to snap, but he holds it in, pressing his claws into the forest floor to anchor himself.

Flamewhisker lifts her chin, strength shining in the emerald depths of her eyes. Raccoonstripe blinks, forcing the spikes along his pelt to lay flat as he listens to her plan. "We need to figure out who to trust," she tells them. "Watch our Clanmates. Approach those who are loyal. Tell them that ThunderClan will prevail. To follow me when the time is right." The tabby exhales. It's steadier.

"I'll tell Nightbird," he murmurs. "I don't want her involved, but..." A weary smile cracks along his muzzle. It splinters like white ice. "She wants to avenge Howlingstar's death as badly as the rest of us do. She wants Skyclaw gone as badly as the rest of us do." He bows his head, studying his mismatched forepaws.

StarClan, keep those kits safe, no matter what happens to the rest of us.

• ooc:
  • 74327127_amPwOaY4eGaGkj8.png
  • Raccoon . Raccoonstripe, he/him w/ masculine terms.
    — "speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 44 moons old, ages realistically on the 5th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring Thistlepaw ; previously mentored Wildheart, Moonwhisper
    — thunderclan lead warrior. gray wolf x howlingstar, gen 2.
    — currently mated to Nightbird.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh black tabby with white and dark brown eyes. charismatic, charming, calculating, ambitious, shallow, manipulative.