private STUCK IN MY HEAD ✦₊⁺ HOUNDSHADE

DEERPAW.

.⋆ in a cold coffin full of chains
Feb 26, 2024
Deerpaw hasn't really been good at checking up on others... like his older friends? Not so much. He didn't really want to waste Addersnap or Houndshade of their time out of warrior duties, he swallows dryly as he shuffles with his head down towards Houndshade. Feathered ears drooped down to his head as he approaches his clanmate, hazel eyes dropping to the at the ground. He pauses his scrawny form in front of the molly, bitten lips purse together for a moment before parting to speak with a rasp. "How... a-are you?" Settling down on his haunches, he curls his messy tail around his dark hind paws.

Fool. He knitted his brows together, while he squeezed his dark forelimbs together. Deerpaw really wanted to talk, but it feels awkward now. "I..." He choked on his words, shutting his mouth with a click of teeth knocking together. His exposed fang digging into bottom lip, his mangled ear flicks as he kneads at the ground. I'm making a fool out of myself... Dammit. The faux tortoiseshell stays quiet. The long - limbed apprentice breathes through his nostrils, as he grits his teeth– he speaks stiffly. "H-how are y-you... now that you're a-a warrior?"

This is so damn awkward.
EpC61GT.png
  • ooc. @Houndshade
  • temp deerpaw reference
    b98dd8474182f7acce14e38f16159019c7459f6e.pnj
  • ( I-I CAN'T H-HANDLE IT! ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERPAW. ╱ thunderclan apprentice
    ⸝⸝ amab ; HE / HIM ; 10 MOONS OLD & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    homosexual, ace / not actively looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortoiseshell tom with low white and hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, 4d4344" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like mud &. damp earth musk
    all opinions are ic! he's morbid and he sucks </3

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

"Deerpaw! My favourite apprentice" she grins at the notice of his presence, they had probably said that to at least a half dozen of apprentices that she's chatted with today but who's to say that everyone will figure out that they're her 'favourite'? He has always been a little odd but she can't say that she minds, she had personally shown him around the apprentices den back when he was first named a paw after all. He doesn't look at them at first and she pays it no mind, with a shrug they decide it would be best for him to lead this conversation anyways.

The question that comes out seems to be forced, it's clear that he's not satisfied with it so she pauses. Patience is a virtue that she has learnt throughout her experience in practicing the art of laziness, it's always a waiting game. One that she is quite pleased to report that she is winning. It's really hard to lose something if you're the sole participant though. She decides to return to what she was doing, which was laying against the grass and trying to watch the last of the leaves around them fall. Nothing exciting but it was a fun activity to bide her time with between patrols and hunts.

It's a little awkward but she truly thinks that's just a part of Deerpaw. Something that she deems endearing at least. "Well now that ThunderClan's getting normal again I'm pretty okay" she shrugs at the thought, not really thinking about the moons where she was spiraling but then what sane cat wasn't during that dark period of history? "No different to an apprentice really, I have less warriors yapping about how I should be doing more though" she laughs, it's a barking sound. There are still moments where she's pulled up on her work ethic, they've started to do more than the bare minimum but she wouldn't call herself a hard worker by any means.

"How's being an apprentice now that you have a few more moons under your paws?" she props her chin up on one paw, gazing above at the hunched apprentice. "Ready to be a warrior yet or do you think it's overrated?" Houndshade thought it was pretty interesting to hear what others opinions on mundane things like this were, it really gave them a better idea of who she was speaking with.