pafp THE DEVIL'S AT MY DOOR ♡ nighttime altercation

Feb 26, 2024
Sparrowkit's excitement for his little siblings - Flamewhisker's kits - lasted for only a couple weeks. What started out so cute, innocent and little quickly became his worst nightmare. Before they could speak and hear, they clambered over him, poking him with their tiny claws and mewling into his ears. They were messy, loud, and never seemed to sleep when he did.

Now that they were three moons old, it was even worse! They got all the attention from Flamewhisker. Sparrowkit was always too big to play their baby games, often playing too rough and getting himself scolded. He was too big for their baby talk and spoiled the fun. He can't help that he knows everything that they do not! Worst of all, the nest was crowded now. With an adult and several three-moon-old kittens, it was hard for Sparrowkit to get the prime cuddle spots that were once his alone.

He loved them, he did, but the past couple moons had been filled with exasperation. He played pranks and excluded them from his games. To get some attention, he caused trouble in ways that he would never have before - tracking mud, placing things in nests, and sometimes being mean to the kittens, even if it was short-lived and an apology would come out of him one way or another. It was all too much to bear, not being the center of Flamewhisker's attention now. A lone kitten to his real mother, and a lone kitten to Flamewhisker for the two moons that followed, Sparrowkit didn't know how to share.

The moon hung high above the camp's clearing. Starlight filtered into the nursery, shining a dull blue light on the sleeping figures of queens and kits. Five plump kittens curled up next to Flamewhisker, sleeping in piles - and little Sparrowkit at the heart of it.

One of the kits was noticeably restless that night. Whatever dream she was having took its' toll in the form of squirming and kicking. It took several kicks to the face for Sparrowkit to finally wake up, now pushed out to the edge of the pile. Sleepily, while the other kitten fell calm, he wiggled his way back in, pressing close to the heat of the other kitten's.

And then, the kicking started again. One loose paw dug into his side, to which he softly pushed back. Then another stray kick straight to his jaw - and oh, that does it! Agitated, Sparrowkit retaliated with his own back legs aiming straight for the sleeping kit that had kicked him. With a strong thrust, his back paws lunged for Scorchedkit's side, sending her rolling out of the nest and onto the cold nursery floor. Then came the raised, upset voice of Sparrowkit. "I was here first!" he complained as he loomed over the nest to peer down at little Scorchedkit. Then, with a contempt scoff and furrowed brows, he turned and crawled back towards his family, taking Scorchedkit's spot at Flamewhisker's belly.
  • speech is #E9C874
    please wait for @Scorchedkit !​
  • IMG-1262.png

• SPARROWKIT
    ━━ KIT of THUNDERCLAN
    ━━ 5 MOONS ,, ages every 26th
    ━━ NPC xx NPC ; adopted by FLAMEWHISKER
    ━━ ADOPTED SIBLING to SCORCHEDKIT, MOTHKIT, SUNKIT, SQUIRRELKIT
    ━━ MATE to none | PARENT to none
    ━━ MENTOR to none | MENTORED by none

• Wow
Reactions: Icey !

It was no secret that Scorchedkit was the wildest sleeper amongst all her littermates. She couldn't help it. Not when her dreams plunged her in bright, colorful scenes of heroic activity. There was always someone in need of rescuing or helping. Whether she either brought back the fattest piece of prey to help feed a hungry queen or managed to save a clanmate in dire need. If anyone were to blame for her hyper realistic dreams it was probably the elders and their stories. Tonight the tortoiseshell dreamt of her siblings in danger, trapped by a nasty fox, foaming at the mouth as it cornered them.

Scorhedkit's brows pinched together as she tossed and turned in her sleep, paws kicking and batting while slurred speech left ebony multicolored lips. I'll...save you. Came her muffled reply, the sound drowned out by the plush fur of Flamewhisker's belly. Unfortunately for poor Sparrowkit, her sharp kicks often connected with his body. Causing a domino effect of rousing the tom from his sleep. Which, inevitably, left her to receive a hefty jab to her flank. Immediately Scorchedkit found herself ripped from her world of dreams and dropped back into the waking realm. The sharp pain throbbing against her side coupled with the dull ache of landing on her chin outside the nest left her confused, but more importantly upset.

Ow... She groaned with teary eyes, looking up to witness Sparrowkit peering over the edge of the nest with contempt, grumbling. I was here first"! Mismatched ears flattened against her head as she scrambled to her paws just in time to see him take her spot. H-hey that's my spot! Sparrowkit move Scorchedkit shot back, struggling to clamber back into the nest. When he didn't budge her attention was diverted instantly to Flamewhisker. M-mama! Sparrowkit hit me and took my spot! She wailed, rocking the queen's shoulder with both paws. She wanted justice for the crimes committed. (tagging @Flamewhisker because she tattling lol)
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶   thunderclan kit / three months / she/her  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

Tornadokit was having such a good dream he was chasing the fattest squirrel in the history of the forest and he was almost right on top of it ready to take it down and enjoy the BEST meal of his life but his teeth never manage to bare into the plump dream critter. He doesn't have as much of a rude awakening as Scorchedkit but he's still roused a small tired mrrrr leaving his throat, he's confused as to why he's up his eyes flitting around the dark much more crowded nursery it's the little kits commotion that had been what had pulled him from his dreams but he's not angry just really really confused. He gathers she'd been pushed out and of course that Sparrowkit had taken her spot. He's never had littermates or younger siblings to get annoyed at, if anything he'd annoyed his denmates when he was younger he was pretty relaxed when it came to being bothered himself but it was always easier to say he wouldn't get mad at his little siblings from his viewpoint never really having them.

She's quick to tattle to her mom, who Tornadokit feels so bad for, there was no saving her from being woken up though she'd already cried out he'd never wake up any queen if he could avoid it. He'd gotten a tongue lashing once before for being too loud way way to early in the morning. "It's just a spot" he tries amicably "Come lay next to me Scorchedkit I'm very warm and I promise I don't drool" he tries, he's never really played peacekeeper much, but he's older now he's gotta be more grown up he'll be a apprentice soon. He wants to be responsible and stuff!

Beetlekit had steadily begun to be annoyed by the racket that not only the newer kits caused, but also Sparrowkit. The pranks were funny from the outside, sure, but the mud in the nursery, stinky where the young kit expected only the smell of his mother to be pressed to his nose? And now this. Green eyes cracked open and with a upset rumble, Beetlekit's head lifted, whipping to look at the brewing fight across the room. His nose wrinkled, staring at them.

He untangles himself from where he's buried partially under his mama and his siblings, moving to stand at the edge of the nest. He ignored the way the cooler air prickled his skin beneath longer growing fur. "You guys are so LOUD." He said, unafraid of waking anyone else up at his rate, since the Flamewhisker's kits were shrieking- why couldn't he? Nose flared and eyes narrowed. Since he had made his point, Beetlekit turned, diving back into the nest of his siblings, worming into the warm pile with a grumble.

—————---***I DON'T START FIGHTS BUT***————---

•  
  • LH black smoke with green eyes. scruffy looking with a very solid build.
    2 moons old; ages the 16th every month
    tba orient. ; currently not looking
    child of BURNSTORM and ROEFLAME
    thunderclan ; loyal to FAMILY
    medium to befriend ; trusts family mostly, trusts little otherwise
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
New-leaf had begun with a literal pop to say the least, while Roeflame had been the first to join the nursery, Moonwhisper had been quick to follow, then Flamewhisker, Leopardtongue…
The several kits found at the border had come long before the queens own litters, forming attachments- namely Flamewhisker and Sparrowkits bond, the former orphan was nothing less than a son to the fiery-hued deputy. Sure, kits were bound to butt heads- stars knew her own kits did, but when Sparrowkit and Scorchedkits clamoring had already begun to make her stir, Beetlekit’s exclaim was what truly broke the queen free from her slumber. Her head groggily raises, optics blinking in dim moonlight with a squint as her son promptly turns back and wiggles into his former place, behind a yawn, Roeflame tries to connect pieces of context together, wrapping her tail soothingly around her own pile of kits. As Scorchedkit tried her hardest to shake poor Flamewhisker awake, Roeflame would shake her head softly. Perhaps she was being biased, but her son had a point. “That’s enough both of you, or I might let Flamewhisker sleep in and you two will have me to deal with instead.” Normally, the cinnamon queen wouldn’t be so bold to take such a step that could step on her fellow queens toes, but if there was anyone who deserved to catch an extra moment or two of sleep it was Flamewhisker, who was bound to have already been stirred under her daughter shaking. Once the deputy would be able to respond to her kits properly, Roeflame would rest her head once more, ready to welcome the comforting embrace of sleep with open arms.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

Deerkit was beginning to become annoyed at the ruckus made by his new yucky denmates. Snapping from his nice dream of playing with his other siblings. Having has such a rude awakening, hazel eyes cracked open. A frown was placed on the face of the tortie tom. Untangling himself, from other bodies, he lifts himself up to poke his head out his own nest with a scrunched up nose in distaste. "Will y-you SHUT UP! Y-you guys a-a-are LOUD." The usually quiet kit, tries to whisper-yell at the rowdy newcomers of the nursery.

Nose flared and eyes narrowed at his younger denmates. Annoying, loud kits. Flicking an ear at Beetlekit's words, he silently agrees with the other. He lets out a squeak, as he snaps his head at Roeflame's awake form. She's awake! He crouches down in his own nest, curling his dark ginger tail around himself at the cinnamon queen's words. Deerkit's body shakes in his nest before eventually calming himself down. No, need to work himself up. He grumbles a little as sleep reaches out to tug him back to sleep.
EpC61GT.png

•  
  • no ref yet
  • ( i can't handle it… ) ˚₊‧꒰ა ♰ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ DEERKIT.
    amab ; HE / HIM ; 4 MOONS & AGES EVERY 26TH.
    kitten of thunderclan | formerly a loner
    undecided / single / not looking / open to puppy-crushes
    a scrawny longhaired black/dark ginger tortie and white tom with hazel eyes.
    thoughts ; "Speech, ff7844" ; attacks only
    may powerplay minor harm ╱ peaceful and healing powerplay permitted
    smells like fresh caramelized apples & faint damp earth musk
    — all opinions are ic

biography / @ on discord for plots
    — penned by calzone

The nursery is still strange to her—it feels odd, to be around so many other kits. In her housefolk’s nest, there had only been her and her mother—and her sister, before she’d been sent to live with some other housefolk. There had been no squeaks in the night, no wayward limbs kicking their way into her sleeping quarters, no slumbering queens curled around their children.

Ivorykit does not have that, of course. She is alone, tucked away in a spare nest, when the altercation happens. Curled ears perk up, sleepy dark eyes glistening as they focus on the moving shadows. Sparrowkit looms over a splayed Scorchedkit before tucking himself neatly into the spot she’d been forced to abandon. Scorchedkit righteously begins to tug at Flamewhisker’s fur, but the added clamor only draws a reprimand from Roeflame’s mouth.

She frowns, but doesn’t add her voice to the number of cats complaining about the noise. Instead, she joins Tornadokit, padding on whispered paws. “You could sleep with me, too, Scorchedkit,” she murmurs. “There’s lots of room over here.” She gives the she-kit a sympathetic look, brown gaze shifting derisively over to Sparrowkit. How mean he was!

• ooc:
  • Adora . Ivorykit, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 2 moons old, ages realistically on the 16th.
    — mentored by n/a ; mentoring n/a ; previously mentored n/a.
    — thunderclan kit. npc x npc, gen 1.
    — penned by Marquette.

lh white she-cat with curled ears and brown eyes. compassionate, righteous, naive, idealistic, self-doubting, self-destructive.

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ Sleep had never been easy for the ginger molly. Her dreams were had been consumed by nightmares for nearly as long as she could remember. There was once a time, before joining Thunderclan, that she had slept peacefully. But those times seemed so far away now. So many things had changed since she had been a loner.

Her sleep was no different tonight. She was standing beside a limp blue figure, her paws stained crimson. Tears streamed down her face, and she shook his body violently, begging for him to return. Please, please wake up The queen let out a cry of grief, but nothing she did could get her mate to stir. Her body rocked back and forth as she tried to wake him one more time...

before her eyes opened.

She was being shook, by tiny paws. Her eyes flashed with panic as she tried to take in everything that was going on. Sleep hazed eyes darted from kit to kit as each of them spoke, I was here first! M-mama! Sparrowkit hit me and took my spot! Sparrowkit and Scorchedkit bickered back and forth, while Ivorykit and Tornadokit tried to offer them their spots. Bettlekit and Deerkit complained about everyone being loud, and Roeflame scolded them both. The tired queen blinked thankfully at her denmate, before turning her sharp attention towards her two quarreling kits. "Both of you hush!" she hissed quietly, attempting to flick her tail in front of either of their mouth's if they were to protest. "We will talk more about this in the morning. Sparrowkit, Scorchedkit, both of you move to the other sides of your siblings...and I don't want to hear another word otherwise." It was far too early in the morning to be dealing with who stole who's spot. If they were going to fight over who got to sleep where, neither of them would get that spot tonight.

• FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 31 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    formerly mated to flycatcher / / mother to: falconheart, stormfeather, sparrowkit, sunkit, mothkit, scorchedkit, and squirrelkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

No sooner did the complaint leave her lips other kits around the nursery began to stir. Some shouted their irritation while others offered sympathy. Mismatched eyes darted across the way to locate both Beetle and Deerkit with a frown. She was sure they would be loud too if their sibling kicked them out the nest and claimed their spot. "I don't have to listen to you. You're not my mama." Scorchedkit scoffed, her pelt fluffing up with righteous indignation. But it was Roeflame's sudden interruption that claimed the tortoiseshell's attention, threatening to lay down possible punishment. "I..wha..?" At a loss for a moment she stumbles over her words before finally allowing them to tumble out. "But I didn't do anything!" She insisted, growing louder, angerier. Why was she being fussed at? Everyone still would have been asleep if Sparrowkit didn't start things.

Tornado and Ivorykit's invitation however did not fall upon deaf ears as she spared them a brief glance. She wasn't ready to cut her loss and give up just yet, still clinging onto the hope that Flamewhisker would avenge her. Instead, small ears are met with a hiss and demand to quiet down. Shocked by the words that follow and the tail that bridles her tongue, Scorchedkit felt as if claws gripped her young heart. Why couldn't they settle this now? How come the orange and white tabby wasn't in her corner telling her everything would be alright? Her side still hurt from Sparrowkit's kick and now she was expected to just deal with it? Quaking with anger Scorchedkit glares at Sparrowkit with misty eyes. She wouldn't raise her voice any longer, Flamewhisker forbid it. But her looks spoke for her, peering through the dark. I hate you...

Separate. They were supposed to be on opposite ends of one another with her littermates between them and Scorchedkit planned to do just that in the farthest way possible. Sliding backwards she lumbered in the direction of Tornadokit and Ivorykit, seeking a spot between the pair where she could settle and lay amongst them. She refused to sleep in the same nest as Sparrowkit.
̶̶̶̶  «̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ «̶ ̶̶̶   thunderclan kit / three months / she/her  ̶ ̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ »̶ ̶̶̶  

Reactions: TORNADOPAW!