THE WARRIOR CODE SO FAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

TABBY TALES

Official TT Account
Jun 7, 2022
Jfr2ykc.png
THE WARRIOR CODE SO FAR ; On Tabby Tales, we are living and writing the history of the Clans! This is the Warrior Code so far, including who has implemented what and when. If It is not on this list, the code has not been implemented yet!

1. DEFEND YOUR CLAN, EVEN WITH YOUR LIFE. YOU MAY HAVE FRIENDSHIPS WITH CATS FROM OTHER CLANS, BUT YOUR LOYALTY MUST REMAIN TO YOUR CLAN, AS ONE DAY YOU MAY MEET THEM IN BATTLE.

implemented by EMBERSTAR on December 21, 2022, due to a half-Clan apprentice dying to protect a ThunderClan Clanmate from a SkyClan one

"We can't keep going on like this." Emberstar stated, with sudden certainty. "All of us are at each other's throats, there have been skirmishes in every clan and while they have been small, that's how the great battle started too. Small skirmishes. All of this and leafbare has only just begun." She looked each and every leader in the eye pleadingly. Even Pitchstar. "If we continue like this, do any of you think any of us survive the season?"

"I propose," she continued, after giving her question a moment to sit. "We set up some rules for all the clans to follow. To keep us all safe and keep the peace." A breath. "The first of which would be, that while you may have friendships with cats from other clans, your loyalty must remain to your clan. At the end of the day, you must be prepared to defend you clan with your life, and you must be prepared to meet another clan in battle." She hoped there would be a day when a rule like this would no longer be needed, when the clans could all be at peace. For now though, what mattered to her was that... "This way no one will suffer by being caught between their two families, as Morningpaw did."

2. DO NOT HUNT OR TRESPASS ON ANOTHER CLAN'S TERRITORY.

implemented by CHILLEDSTAR on April 15, 2023 due to WindClan's alleged trespassing on ShadowClan territory

"as... surprising... as it may seem, the alliance with windclan has been broken. sootstar did not take such news in good faith and has even gone so far as to crossing onto my territory and attacking my deputy! clearly she has not learned since starclan so graciously reminded just how unhappy they were with her.

for this reason, amongst others, I am proposing yet another law be placed. it is clear you all seem to have a bit of an issue of crossing onto territories where your dirty paws do not belong. thus I believe it is in every cats best interest for the following law.

do not hunt or trespass on another clan's territory.

we do have borders for a reason. we might as well use them."

3. ELDERS, QUEENS, SICK OR INJURED CATS AND KITS MUST BE FED BEFORE APPRENTICES AND WARRIORS. UNLESS THEY HAVE PERMISSION, APPRENTICES MAY NOT EAT UNTIL THEY HAVE HUNTED TO FEED THE ELDERS.

implemented by CICADASTAR on August 31, 2023 due to yellowcough plague

his jaw locks, ” ravensong has named this sickness yellowcough, for its resemblance to greencough and.. symptoms. “ thick, puss - hued mucus from the mouth, the nose.. ” and i worry for our weakest in these times. we have queens, kits. we have mouths to feed, this sickness — this yellowcough, threatens my clan. “ my family. the word burns him like fire and yet his teeth remain caged. kits. his kits. his children lie within his willow den, his deputy curled around them ; all at risk, all too dear for him to dangle at the teeth of fate. the rivers were lowering, the number of warriors able to fish to dwindle each day. no. no, no, no. memories of a chocolate - toned elder and his ears perk. memories of cats hungry but dutiful, dropping fish at the paws of their most defenseless. well, ” i suggest that all kits, queens and elders will be fed first.. i encourage you all to do the same. their lives are most at risk — they will need their strength for the days to come. “ they would need it ; and if his mate were technically a queen at the moment, and his kits still weaning.. it was only funny how things worked out. if everyone agreed.. perhaps something could be forged out of this. a new code, ” do you all agree? “

4. PREY IS KILLED ONLY TO BE EATEN. GIVE THANKS TO STARCLAN FOR ITS LIFE.

implemented by SOOTSTAR on October 16, 2023 due to rogues' excessive prey theft and leaving crowfood to rot

”However, I have a proposition. These rogues disgust me, I’ve seen them hunt and leave behind half-rabbits, near entire partridges and allowing them to turn to buzzard-food in the sun.” Not that she hasn’t witnessed clan cats do this, particularly in the form of playing with their food rather than outright wasting it. ”the clans should welcome an addition to the code. Prey will only be killed to be eaten.” She glances at the other clan leaders, hardly finding this something to argue against.

5. A KIT MUST BE AT LEAST SIX MOONS OLD TO BECOME AN APPRENTICE.

implemented by BLAZESTAR on January 16, 2024 due to an incident involving young apprentices.

“The patrol I sent these apprentices on was an investigation patrol with their mentors, nothing more, nothing less. But as we all know, anything can happen while out on a patrol in the forest. Bobbie, Howlfire, and Figfeather with their new apprentices were ambushed by the rogues who have been stealing prey in our territory.” His neck fur bristles as he recounts the event, as he remembers them all stumbling, bloodied and torn, back into camp, his grandchildren dragged along and crying as they awoke. “These were four moon old apprentices, but what I saw that day was a queen and her mate bending over the broken bodies of their kits… kits who should never have seen battle.” His whiskers stiffen, as does his jaw, as he turns back toward the masses. “The queens and parents in SkyClan asked me to do something to stop this. These kits’ mother watched her sister die before her time. Their father was pulled away from his Clan at four moons. A full cycle of seasons ago, my own four moon old daughter was killed in a border skirmish. Would two more moons at her mother’s side have saved her life? Would two more moons in the nursery have prevented my grandchildren from suffering at the claws of rogues before they were prepared?”

He sweeps his tail behind him, lifting his chin. “I propose an addition to the warrior code—that a kit must be at least six moons old to become an apprentice.” Blazestar looks again to Howlingstar, Smokestar, and Chilledstar beside him. “I will no longer send kits younger than six moons to do battle with other cats, to face the threats we expect our warriors to face everyday.”

5. NEWLY APPOINTED WARRIORS WILL KEEP A SILENT VIGIL FOR ONE NIGHT AFTER RECEIVING THEIR WARRIOR NAME.

implemented by HOWLINGSTAR on March 22, 2024 due to an incident involving new warriors leaving the camp unguarded.

She pauses, as if pondering for a long moment. She fights the urge to glance to the shadows. She will not bring attention to them, but if they're listening, she hopes they will not hold it against her. She must say this. There must be a change to how cats view warriorhood. "But some death could have been prevented. New warriors were entrusted to guard our camp, and in their excitement, they left to enjoy their newfound independence. With our camp vulnerable, the wolves attacked, and a warrior was killed. With a warning, we could have had time to evacuate everyone with no losses."

"It is after that night, that I come before you all now to propose an addition to the Warrior Code. 'Newly appointed warriors will keep a silent vigil for one night after receiving their warrior name.' This will be a night of listening, a night of reflection, a night of duty. Warriors must know that their names are not a milestone to reach nor a trophy to flaunt. They represent a responsibility to their clan, a weight they should gladly carry until their final breath. It is a promise to keep their clanmates safe and to understand that everything they do, they do for the good of their clan."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.