THE WOLF'S SUN ╱ WOLFSONG x SUNSTRIDE

WINGKIT WOLFSONG XX SUNSTRIDE | FEMALE, SHE / THEY | KIT OF WINDCLAN | 00 MOONS
" HATED BEAST, WHAT HAVE YOU WHEN THE SUN IS NAUGHT? "​

ZJLx3iq.png
aRjB2q1.png
TORBIE MOLLY WITH YELLOW EYES
Long-furred. Sturdy. Tall. Wingkit will grow up to stand as tall as Sunstride, which will ultimately make her somewhat of a lanky and quick-growing child. Her fur is somewhat muted compared to her parents while still featuring warm sunset hues—think of a burnt orange sun through thick curtains of fire smoke. Ultimately kind of intimidating because of her size, but she has a naturally very kind, warm, open face and expression.

WIP!!! Overall a happy and content child. Sometimes might get too rowdy with her siblings; however, she's considerate and quite empathetic on principle. She enjoys being around others and will be enamored with their stories. Rough and tumble and ready to fight. Constantly dirty pelt from long days of playing. Encouraging and bright. Snake-skin child.

• She may be named after the sky, but she is no swan-skin wielding maiden. She is gritty and dark and burying your fingers in the dirt and bearing your bloody teeth because I'm going to live, goddammit. Terribly, hopelessly, disgustingly mortal. She cares so much, and that makes her capable of so much hatred, too.
  • A rowdy, loud child turned quiet, observant, keen-eyed woman. Always kind, always warm, but hauntingly capable of keeping all her cards held very close to her chest. "Of course I don't want you hurt, so stay out of my way."
  • Okay yeah you caught me. She's (loosely) based on a D&D character of mine. ALSO expect like...egregious references to Norse myth, esp as I continue my Ancient Scandinavian History degree courses lol. I have (a bit) of an obsession. I like to call it a hobby.

Reactions: revelations
Illustration2.png
RIVEKIT WOLFSONG XX SUNSTRIDE
ALT ;; CROWINGKIT, ANTLERKIT
AFAB, SHE / THEY | KIT OF WINDCLAN | 0 MOONS

LH BROKEN BRAIDED CHOCOLATE TABBY / HIGH WHITE / BLUE EYES // reference (click)
Rivekit will grow into an average sized, sleek and toned warrior. Younger in life, she'll be a bit disproportionate- ears slightly too large, fur slightly too long. A 'mane' nestled around her neck will keep her warm in the bareleaf season, but in greenleaf will cause discomfort. Fur trails from her fluffy paws, and her tail is long and fluffed as well. Her fur is a red-chocolate in color, and may rust in the sun. White highlights the insides of her ears, the blue optics stark against the color. Her mane, paws, belly, and tailtip are all white as well.

As she grows older, she'll grow into her fur. She'll become graceful and step into the running body she'll develop. Her mottled fur is helpful in the stint of night, keeping her camouflaged and hidden from prying eyes.

KIT - Innocent, naive, loving, loud. At birth, she'll be named partially to relate to her grandmother, but also to relate to how she cries at birth. Loud, defiant, and screaming her way into life. In her first couple moons, she'll lean into that side of herself that likes to stay up late, staring up at the moon. Wonder and awe will fill her for their way of life, unknowing and naïve to the battle and war that sits at Windclan's borders. She'll head into apprenticeship ready to take on the world.

APPRENTICE - Loving, loud, fiery, devious. During apprenticeship, she'll start to develop her flame. She'll become more confident in her abilities, developing her natural ability to stalk and track with ease. And she's good at it. She may become insufferable to others, but to her friends, she's a valuable asset and a shoulder to lean on. She'll begin to become dependable and loyal to her friends. Towards the end of her apprenticeship, she'll slowly start to lean into the mean and fierce side, meaning all business and no party when it comes to chores, tasks, and her assessment. During this period of time, her ego and confidence may suffer blows from other apprentices. The more confident, the more risk. (This may be the period of time she suffers gender issues, see note section below.)

WARRIOR - Loud, fiery, devious, dependable, loyal. I'm keeping this part brief, because it's still mostly up in the air (and many, many months in the future.) She'll still love her family and siblings much. They'll become fiercely loyal to their friends and family, thought being loyal to Windclan is still up in the air.

NOTE // I may change her personality up while I roleplay. I tend to find grooves for characters, and find it more enjoyable to roleplay them in a certain manner. This is loose, but I will be following it to a point.

FEARS AND INSPIRATIONS:
  • FEAR // Thunderstorms, especially as a kit. She may not grow out of this fear
  • FEAR // Death. She doesn't want to leave, even if she knows Starclan will be waiting for her
  • FEAR // Loneliness. Specifically losing her family or friends- as she grows, she'll watch cats come back injured, or come back injured herself, be it by other predators or cats, or the gorge.
  • FEAR // Being close to another will be something she fears and won't know how to navigate. The unknown, while something she likes to challenge or take on, will be a big question mark, and they won't know how to handle that at first.
  • INSPRIATION // Her fathers will obviously be a big inspiration. Their life outside of the clan, their lives inside of the clan, how they carry themselves and are seen in the clan. Choices they make will reflect on Rivekit.
  • INSPRIATION // Other natural predators will be something she studies, even if she fears what they could do to them or her closest friends and family.
  • INSPRIATION // Freedom. Being able to make her own choices and decisions will be something she looks forward to.
AESTHETICS, BASED OFF OF, ETC:
  • VI - ARCANE // Partial appearance, personality
  • RIVE - DEFINITION // Personality
  • RHIANNA - SHUT UP AND DRIVE // idk i can't explain this one honestly it just fit
  • MUSE - SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE // also just the vibes
  • OWL - GREAT HORNED OWL // hand-in-hand with the owl-eyes plot, their facial markings are partially based off of a great horned owl
  • HOWL - HOWL'S MOVING CASTLE // appearance and gender vibes
NOTES, POTENTIAL PLOTS, ETC:
  • GENDER/SEXUALITY THEMES // Will grow to struggle with her gender and sexuality. Possibly turns to a friend or one parent in confidence about it.
  • OWL EYE CHILD // Cunning and partially nocturnal. Will grow to be very good at stalking, be it for hunting or ambushes.
  • ESCAPE ARTIST // Will slip away from situations easily. This goes hand in hand with her being good at stalking, but will prove especially difficult at young ages. She can and will escape camp, punishments, or evil eyes.
  • SIBLING RIVALRY // Potentially going head to head with a sibling, especially during apprentice years/getting apprentices to mentor as warriors. Will grow to be extremely bonded but it WILL be a difficult relationship.

Last edited:

Iceboundkit
iceboundkit.png

GENERAL INFO.
name meaning?
Icebound, for his fathers homeland. (Piercing, Wisp, and Hailstone for alternate names)
previous names?
None
age?
BABY
position in clan?
Kit
gender/sexuality?
Amab, he'll figure out sexuality later
relationship status?
Closed because hes baby

APPEARANCE.
A tall chocolate tabby with a white mane and bushy tail, but his eyes are a strikingly icy blue and are round like the moon.
long desc
A luscious white mane flows from a sungolden tabby tom with strong legs and a bushy tail. Long claws extend from his paws, and the markings on his shoulders resemble wings. His eyes are wide and blue, all seeing optics that leave no doubt that his gift is that of the owl.
scars/injuries
None

MENTALITY.

Iceboundkit is quick, cunning and quiet. Aided by impeccable eyesight and hearing, along with long and sharp claws, he is a fearsome hunter from the moment he learns to pounce. The thrill of the hunt is intoxicating, and he lives for it.

As he grows, he will begin to want more from his hunts. The dying struggle of mice and rabbits will no longer be satisfying to him. He wants....More. He wants a fight. A desperate struggle for survival where he witnesses an enemy's dying gasp.

He has a penchant for dramatics, and is quite good at acting. You bumped into him? He crumples to the floor like he's been hit by a monster and wails dramatically about seeing the light. You took the last piece of prey? He will start making jokes about cannibalism. He will poetically wax about literally everything. He is too extra for his own good.

His insults? Devastating. You'll never want to show your face again.

Silly and dramatic as he is, he records every response, every reaction in his mind. He is perceptive and observant, taking note of everyone's strengths and weaknesses. He loves going to gatherings and eavesdropping on other conversations. He wants the tea.

The owl is a fearsome bird of prey, and he has definitely inherited it's strengths

alignment
TBD, most likely something chaotic

RELATIONSHIPS.
easy / hard to form platonic relationships
easy / hard to form romantic relationships
mate of? crushing on?
None
parent to?
None
child of?
Wolfsong and Sunstride
sibling to?
TBD

Last edited:
286314_i9i8GR5j.png
SUNLITKIT WOLFSONG XX SUNSTRIDE
GrassIC_SM.png

FlyingIC_SM.png
" CARDBOARD HOUSES SWAYING FROM THAT SUNLIT SEAS "
AFAB GENDERFLUID, HE / SHE / THEY | KIT OF WINDCLAN | UNBORN

sunlit.png
LH CHOCOLATE BROKEN MACKEREL TORBIE WITH LOW WHITE
the hawk's wing has reflected in his mottled body, patched and broken cocoa stripes reaching down his body to cradle across warm hues of amber laced throughout. thick bands stretch down his shoulders and flank, tail tipped in a deep brown much the same a hawk's feather is tipped in soil. looking at sunlitkit from the top while he's squirming at wolfsong's belly, he's a striking image of a hawk's feather given life. his pelt is dappled in embers of fire, orange kisses across his face and hind with a large patch on his left shoulder asymmetrical to his left. his right ear is similarly colored, lacking the dappling across his body to instead stand fire red against the rest of his coat. his fur looks like a leaf-fall forest smattered in sunlight, lending further to his name given to him in honor of one of his fathers. his parent's snowy origins show in sunlitkit, like a reversed mountain where a snow colors his chest white with its summit sharp atop his nose pointing toward his ears. like snowfall itself, his white markings are a bit messy, flecked with dashes of chocolate and red around the edges of his cheeks and his chest. his eyes are a bright fern green, a promise of spring.

sunlitkit is a rather large kit, making it hard to tell what of him is his husky frame and what is his overflowing fluff in his youth. as a kitten learning to walk he almost looks like a mudball, a hazelnut dropped from its branch rolling after its family. his legs are stocky in his youth, keeping him close to the ground as he toddles behind in the shadows of his fathers. as sunlitkit ages, his legs will begin to lengthen as he grows more into his thick plumage of fur rather than being lost within it. in adulthood his fur is luxurious and long, as he takes care to keep it groomed and maintained, silken as it sways in the winds much as the grasses of the moors. a seamless fusion of his parents homeland and their current homestead. while he will grow into the length of his fur, the fur around his neck continues to grow with him. early in his apprenticehood it's clear that sunlitkit has inherited a mane from his fathers, framing his face and billowing down his chest. that fur grows with him into warriorhood, where he now stands large and tall in comparison to the lithe and sleek frames of his clanmates.

INQUISITIVE. SKITTISH. FRETFUL. DEPENDENT. SHORTSIGHTED.
this is all subject to change with development, and will be added on to as he ages! i would like him to evolve quite a bit as he grows in the pawsteps of his fathers. :) but these are for sure the foundation i would like him to start with in kithood, and unless he's taught or trained otherwise, these traits will likely follow him to warriorhood - as well as a brief bit on what i would like out of his whole arc and character!

sunlitkit has grand ambitions hidden behind his soft demeanor. he wants to be a paladin, a storybook hero and someone the kits behind him will tell stories of. he finds fantasy incredibly alluring and will soak up any and all stories with a fervor, thirstier for the fantastical than he is water on a hot day. his dreams are likely to stay dreams however, as despite the blessing of the valiant hawk (and perhaps in spite of his name, should be be named fiercely) sunlitkit is a bit of a coward. he is a follower, not a leader. loud noises make the kit jump, raised voices will make him creep away. he relies deeply on the courage of his family to lead his own paws forward and will most commonly be seen trailing behind one of his fathers or a more boisterous, charismatic sibling. his eyes are wide with curiosity at almost all times, and he can be easily distracted by a skittering leaf or a particularly shaped cloud rather than having the attention span for full conversations at a young age. sunlitkit has a propensity for wandering off because of such, and while he's too fearful to break the rules on his own accord he can do so accidentally by failing to pay attention to his surroundings or what is being told to him at times. he requires a level of active guidance in his youth to keep him from putting himself in a spot that might hurt him.

although sunlitkit is slow to lead himself into a situation, he's not a particularly quiet kit. in fact, having sunlitkit around, you're going to hear "why?" more times than you'd care to count. he loves picking the world apart to the best of his ability, to the best of the ability of those around him. when asked why he has to stay inside at night, even though he has no intentions of going out alone, he will ask "why can't i?". when told to watch for hawks because they can snatch kits, you guessed it, "why do they do that?". his views and opinions are heavily influenced both by the answers he's given, and the manner in which he's given them. sunlitkit will react negatively to harsh tones or impatience, and associate such topics he had questioned over with negative feelings. depending on the clanmates sunlitkit mingles this might lead to some particularly odd aversions and negative feelings. like any other kitten, sunlitkit is prone to bursts of stubbornness, as well as lacking any foresight that might point to something being a bad idea early enough for him to stop himself. this can lead to him snappishly defending his actions, especially as a kit and into apprenticehood. it's the most temper one might see out of the well mannered boy.

despite windclan's political turmoil, sunlitkit grows in an abundance of kindness in the light of his family. he is a friendly and smiley figure around the clan, especially as he ages and his social anxiety is weaned from his youth. he is a second chancer, a benefit of the doubt cat. he turns much more confident in his warriorhood, especially as he finds himself more situated with his own identity and truly steps into who he feels he is with the support of his friends and family.

the hawk's wing, in it's glory: a helpless hatchling reliant on his family, fearful of falling from the nest. he has grown into his feathers and learned to conquer the skies. his old worries seem so small beneath him now.
  • HAWK'S WING'S OFFERING as its mentioned a good handful throughout his app, i wanted sunlitkit to embody the hawk's wing! this was actually a super fun premise haha. i ended up leaning into it a whole lot more than i thought i might, i wanted the hawk to for sure reflect in his appearance and a red tailed hawk's feather (x & x especially) is actually what gave me the idea for his appearance at all! i am very in love with the idea that he follows a hawk's whole journey, so to speak. from an egg to a hatchling that can't take care of himself, to a fully feathered fledgling still mastering flying, ending as a swift and valuable warrior with a hatchling's heart in his chest. i also think it'd be cute if when he sheds his kitten fluff it was a bit more dramatic compared to his siblings, like a bird molting! hawks are also known to mate for life, including the red tailed he's based off of, so i wanted that to similarly reflect in his very family-orientated nature and how he always turns to look back for them so to speak. he relies very heavily on their opinions and influences throughout his entire life. he will follow the path of moor runners, further connecting them to the skies and his hawk symbolism.
  • TEENHOOD as an apprentice, in his "learning to fly" phase, his mentor will make a major impact on him as it will shape a majority of his views and lifestyles. i would love if sunstride was able to mentor him, or a close friend of the dads! i think someone selected by his parents would be the best fit to really help guide him from the skittish kitten he starts as to someone with confidence in their abilities and sense of self.
  • GENDERFLUIDITY i want him to have a realistic journey with his gender! i want him to prefer being called masculine terms as a kit, i want him to slowly find that he feels disconnected from "she" in his apprenticehood, i want him to try labels that don't stick, i want him to have the ability to confide in his parents about not feeling how he was assigned by them at birth and wanting to try to move away from what he has been labelled his whole life. i will be using she/her in their posts through her kithood, she/they through apprenticehood, and he/she/they in her adulthood - he will be fine with any pronouns but have a preference for masculine pronouns and an exclusive usage of masculine terms (brother & son), and will express such first and foremost to his parents and siblings!
  • CLOSING NOTES thanks for the opportunity and good luck choosing!! i might continue to make minor edits to fix grammar or layout but there will be no further major edits <3

Last edited:

imageedit_13_4800387295.png

• Name: Antlerkit
    > Alternate Names: Tigerkit, Hawk-kit, Swiftkit, Proudkit​
    Prefix: meaning | Suffix: meaning
    > Aging Rate: Realistic​
    Gender & Pronouns: AMAB, Identifies as Male, He/Him
    Sexuality: Unknown
    Allegiance: WindClan
  • Short Description: Long-furred chocolate marbled tabby with low white and vibrant amber eyes.
    > Long Description: Long-legged and silky furred, this tom boasts a luxurious coat of thick, intricately patterned fur. White splashes his toes and curls around his muzzle, and from his neck flows a grand mane of cotton. Eyes like fire settle into a narrow, long-eared face, completing a royal appearance that he's all too happy to flaunt.​
    Scars and Injuries: None
    Accessories: None
    tiger6.png

• Determined | Intelligent | Impulsive | Prideful | Manipulative
    Personality: Extroverted, energetic, and impulsive, Antler is an adventurous tom that's never unwilling to get his own paws dirty. He's cunning and full of pride, but the loyalty and affection he shares with his family is unwavering in might. Antler has a rather morbid sense of humor, and finds himself critical of passive or diplomatic solutions with no clear gain for WindClan. Often, his claws are as quick as his words, and his lack of restraint tends to get him into all sorts of trouble. Antler isn't opposed to using a bit of manipulation to get his way either, and might find himself caught in the occasional lie, and despite his charm and wit, even he can fall to the nervousness of such awkward confrontation. Still, despite his reputation as a bit of a chaotic troublemaker and a misfit, his loyalties rest with WindClan, and he's quite proud of his heritage. Good luck getting him to shut up about it!
  • Parents: Wolfsong x Sunstride, Gen 2
    Siblings: Answer
    Mate: Answer
    > Relationship Status: Answer​
    Children: Answer
    Other Relatives: Answer
    Friends: Answer
    Acquaintances: Answer
    Enemies: Answer
  • Plover's Eggs: A deceptive exterior, for Antler is a tom wrapped in mystery. To most, they may receive snide remarks and cold judgement, they may be held at tail's length, for Antler is not quick to accept strangers into his heart. Peel the shell back a bit, and there is something warmer, something soft and pleasant, a personality beaming with potential. Beneath his troublesome quarrels and petty remarks, there lies a soul brimming with the potential to become a great WindClan warrior, if only this young tom can find himself guided upon the right path.

This little guy is going to be a bit of a troublemaker, so be prepared! He looks to push boundaries and in his youth, he may even show quite a bit of childish rebelliousness. He may also get his siblings into trouble so... better keep an eye on him! I wouldn't be surprised if his apprenticeship got pushed back a moon or two or something, if he decides to drag his siblings outside of camp for a sneaky adventure one day.

Despite his troublemaking habits, I do plan for him to grow out of a lot of it. Whether he becomes and honorable and noble WindClan warrior, or a smarmy little asshole Warrior will depend entirely on his interactions in WindClan. Will he reflect Sootstar's WindClan, or a brighter future? Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited:
the thread is officially closed! thank you all for applying, rev and i have enjoyed reading through each and every kit application. we'll need a little time to consider candidates (and i'm currently busy with family), so the decision will be revealed tomorrow!

so this was a very difficult decision for rev and i, which was why we took the extra day to decide. all of your apps have so much potential and we loved seeing all the effort you devoted to them! we truly appreciate each and every one of you and we were so excited for all the interest.

ultimately, the kits will be bearkit, played by @Rai ; featherkit, played by @waluigipinball ; rivekit, played by @dallas ; and sunlitkit, played by @izanami

congratulations, and thank you again to all of you for applying!! rev and i will be inviting y'all to the family discord later today, which is also when i will (gods willing) have the birthing thread up <3