the worms crawl in . prompt

SWAMPHOWL

I WAS BORN WAITING
Jun 30, 2023
A grumbling noise slips out of Swamphowl's muzzle as he shakes his paw roughly, knocking a clingy leech from his fur before it has the chance to bite him. His paw slams down, and the little thing is easily squashed beneath the weight of his heavy paw. "Egh..." he mumbles, brow furrowed in annoyance. After a recent rainstorm, he's has to shake of more than few little leeches, not to mention the other little worms and grubs that have been crawling around, enjoying the moist earth. In Swamp's opinion, the things are kind of gross. They don't scare him,nothing like that, but the feeling of them is disgusting; wet and wriggly, two terrible sensations that are even worse when they're put together. "Terrible little creatures," he grumbles to himself. He finds another one of the leeches, crushing it under the same paw as the first. Hopefully it'll try up a bit soon so he doesn't have to see so many of them around.

// The recent spring showers unearth the soil and from it come wriggling worms and other grub-like insects.​

Tigersplash has grown used to their little bug problem, they don't annoy her much and she finds the kits reaction to the grubs hilarious enough that any issues she may have had with them are redeemed solely on the enjoyment they bring Riverclan's young. Swamphowl however is far from young, the older tom was struggling and she can't help but find the way he was being all but swarmed and eaten alive by leeches and worms amusing. "You're like catmint to a elder faking greencough, those leeches can't get enough of you" she chuckles as she approaches him. She wonders if some leeches preferred some blood over others, his must be extraordinarily sweet but that's disgusting to think about so she stops. "Want me to look you over big man? I'm sure under all that fur you have at least one hiding" she'd offer, she herself would be rolling around on the rocks until she was sure every last leech was killed before jumping into the river to clean off.

A leech wasn't as pretty of an accessory as fish scales or flowers that was for sure! Somehow though she still thinks she can pull it off, she can pull off anything.

• text
  • XBxPudf.png
    Tigersplash She/He, Warrior of Riverclan, 18 moons
    A chocolate/cinnamon chimera she-cat with high white and amber eyes
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Kedamono@legmeatt on discord, feel free to dm for plots. ​

✧ . It’s times like these that Gillsight finds his short fur a blessing, days where the sky is diluted in overcast and the ground is wet with rain and busy beckoning ground-sheltered bugs out of their homes. Leeches and worms can’t quite hide in his fur in the same manner it can Swamphowl’s — though Gillsight finds himself lifting a frost-tipped paw to shake off a leech himself with a grimace, at least they tangle in his fur, somewhere at the back of his neck, or in his tail.

Couldn’t the rain have brought more beetles instead? Beetles he can tolerate. Leeches, though? Stars know why they exist, other than to torment the lot of them.

I’m b-betting… t-two or three, “ Gillsight says to Tigersplash, sunlit eyes inspecting the older warrior before them with a twitch of the tail. With all that fur on him? There had to be more than one grub hiding in it. “ A-At least. “​
EpC61GT.png
  • 74597204_0HYUF6qWs7f9nEh.png
    GILLSIGHT AMAB. He / Him. Warrior of RiverClan.
    ✧ . A scarred, black and white tom with yellow eyes.
    ✧ . NPC x Urchin
    ✧ . Mentored by Clearsight
    ✧ . Peaceful and healing powerplay permitted!
    ✧ . Penned by Abri@_abri_ on discord, feel free to dm for plots!
    ✧ . " Speech " ; Attack

She's just passing by when she spots Swamphowl struggling a bit with some leeches. Disgust flashes on her face as she watches as he crushes a leech beneath his paw. Tigersplash is quick to offer help because maybe he has some hiding in his fur, and Gillsight is quick to bet on how many. Does this not gross them out as it does to her? How could they talk about it so openly?

"... Stars, thats disgusting... Don't bring them in to the warriors den." she wrinkles her nose but keeps her voice somewhat light to avoid an accusatory tone, tail tip twitching as she imagines her own frustration at finding a stupid leech or worm in her nest. Gosh... She shudders at the mere thought of his, nearly gagging but she has enough dignity to stifle it.

At least the rains brought plentiful prey... She just despises what else it brought.

• 70831649_t0YE8lpgGiTPlyS.png
    salmon ,, salmonshade
    cis female ,, she/her ,, 38 months
    warrior of riverclan ,, mentoring riverpaw
    fluffy & dainty chocolate tortie smoke with white, blue eyes
    "speech, fd9367" ,, thoughts
    lesbian ,, single
    smells like warm flowers & freshly cut grass
    chibi by pin ,, penned by chuff

-`♡´- Snowkit doesn't know what a leech is, and perhaps if she did, she would be less eager to have them near her. She figured they were just silly dark-colored worms, and she liked worms and how they didn't have any eyes or ears or mouths or noses but still moved around and had lots of fun rolling around in the mud.

"Can IIIIII have a little creature?" the patchwork kitten implores noisily as he approaches the grossed-out warriors, "I bet I can fit a ton in my fur! Like 5 or something!" A cream-tufted tail waves back and forth and Snowkit presses a muddy paw to Salmonshade's clean, tawny one, "It's okay. We can put them in my den instead."

• OOC:
  • u4cshb.png
  • snowkit, kitten of riverclan!
    — he/him & she/her. OK w gendered terms! 3 moons old!
    lilybloom x lakemoon. graykit's littermate !
    — a fluffy blue tortie w white & warm brown eyes
    — a happy, boisterous kitten with a big imagination
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — fullbody by jay , pfp by lovette, funnyguy by pin
    — penned by eezy

• Crying
Reactions: salmonshade