these colors fade ☼ flamewhisker

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
The new-leaf warmth had begun to settle more consistently as of late, the heaviness of the suns rays singing of a soon-to-come green-leaf. Roeflame had yet to leave camp, dutifully she had rooted herself behind gorse and bramble walls.
She was bound to go mad by now. Suffocating with kitten fur, grief, and newfound responsibility, Roeflame felt as though if she didn’t get away sooner, her head was bound to dip under the weight of it all, and the old crack in her earth that had been reopened in the wake of Wolfwinds death would swallow her whole.
She was not alone in her mourning, Flycatchers sudden death had been a slap to her face, but it had swallowed Flamewhisker whole, and the fire-kissed queen had just begun to claw her way back out.
Admittedly, Roeflame hadn’t given her deputy much of a choice in joining her for a break just outside of camp, assuring her that there was no shortage of queens to keep an eye on their dozen kittens- Burnstorm would be back soon, and he never missed an opportunity to visit the nursery.
That’s how the queen ended up here, laid upon the face of a sun-warmed rock, letting golden fur soak in the warmth of the sun's rays. “New-leaf is my favorite season.” The queen finally breaks the peaceful silence with a soft sigh, head tilting sky-wards. “I can’t remember the last time I had a moment to enjoy the weather, though- did you know Dovekit faked an injury the other day? They were planning to infiltrate the medicine den.” The words come easy to Roeflame as speaking about her children always did. Lowering her muzzle, celadon hues finally are revealed once more behind a slightly squinted gaze. “What’s your favorite season, if you had to choose?” It was an idle conversation, light as the breeze the slightly ruffled their fur, but Roeflame needed light, craved for it, she could only hope that her chatter was not minded by her fellow queen.

• @Flamewhisker

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Love
Reactions: Flamestar

⁺˚⋆。°✩₊ When Roeflame had invited her to go sun for a little while, she had been hesitant. The nursery was bursting with kittens, and having two sets of eyes away for a little while was certainly worrisome. She had tried to protest, but her denmate hadn't really given her much of an option to refuse, and Falconheart had offered to help keep an eye on everyone. Her older son had really been helping her with his siblings...she wasn't sure if she could have done it without the help of him and her fellow queens.

Thunderclan had suffered many losses lately. Losses of constants that she had never imagined losing. One after another, they had chipped away at her heart, until it ultimately shattered with Flycatcher. The time since his death seemed like a blur. There were days that she couldn't remember, days when she knew she hadn't eaten...days when she hadn't cleaned her pelt. She was only now able to be out in the camp for longer periods of time. She had spent the entirety of the kit's early days in the nursery, and then some even after they were able to walk and explore. Falconheart had been the one to introduce them to their clanmates and let them see the camp for the first time. The pain of not seeing her mate in the camp had been too crippling...and some days it still was.

She had lost weight after giving birth to her kits, like each of the queens had. But she was still notably smaller than the others. Roeflame and Gentlestorm were on her constantly about needing to eat, and she still ate just enough to keep them off her tail, but her appetite still hadn't returned. Most days she barely felt anything...spare for a few times when one of the kits did something to make her smile.

The queen let out a long exhale. Even though she hadn't originally wanted to leave the camp, the sun did feel nice. Her eyelids were heavy as the warmth began to make her feel tired. Sleeping was something she had already struggled with beforehand...but now, it was a luxury when it came. Just before she slipped away, Roeflame began to speak. "It is nice, especially after so many cold moons." she responded before pulling her lips back into a yawn. The first snow was always exciting, but there were many drawbacks about Leaf-bare that outweighed the few pros. As her denmate told her about Dovekit's shenanigans from the other day, the deputy lifted her head and slowly shook it back and forth. "Kits." she huffed, but the amusement that glittered in her eyes told the other mother that she clearly found it hilarious.

She lowered her head again, placing it on her front paws. Her ear flicked as Roeflame asked her what her favorite season was. "Leaf-fall." she replied easily, raising her gaze to the tops of the trees. "The weather is nice and cool, not too warm like in Green-leaf. Don't tell the other warriors this, they'll never let me live it down, but I love playing in the leaves...It makes me feel like a kit again." Times when all there was to worry about was what game her and her littermates would play next.

• FLAMEWHISKER she/her, deputy of thunderclan, 32 moons, ages on the 20th
    LH red tabby with low white (masks black tabby, carries dilute, solid)
    widowed mate to flycatcher / / mother to: falconheart, stormfeather, sparrowkit, sunkit, mothkit, scorchedkit, and squirrelkit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    will start a fight, will finish fights, will kill (case depending)
    link to toyhouse
    penned by Icey !@icefang65 on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

-ˋˏ ༻ ☀ ༺ ˎˊ-
dd766ql-e8b06172-29d0-498a-b782-e139a0acd9eb.gif
Leaf-fall, her deputy hums, and Roeflame lets her head slowly bob for a moment in silent agreement. When the queen thinks of leaf-fall, it is cascades of golden and burnt leaves that come to mind, digging burrows in heaps of the fallen to hide from the chill with Freckleflame, she thinks of Burnstorm calling her his mate for the the first time.
She also thinks of the crimson and honey scenery that painted her forest home when Cinderfrost was banished, when a young Roepaw had given Flycatcher the silent treatment for moons.
A contemplative hum slips past closed lips, pools of sage heavy with reminisce, though her expression is quick to bloom with laughter at the fiery queens confession. “I’d be a liar to say I don’t do the same.” Roeflame laces her reply with soft laughter, though her kithood had it’s own set of challenges, the days of being care-free and ignorant were appealing in hindsight. The conversation trails, drifting back into the warm quiet, only interrupted by the bird chirps and nearby rustling of unseen critters. “I think it’s kinda funny, when I was a kit I couldn’t wait to grow up and be my own cat. I guess it’s only natural, one of life’s ironies or whatever.” Roeflame is rambling, as though the sun has melted away her filter and is letting every thought slip through her teeth.

• ROEFLAME she/her, Lead Warrior of Thunderclan, twenty-two moons.
    petite cinnamon silver ticked tabby with murky green eyes & a small scar over her left eye.
    mate to Burnstorm ☀ mentor to Foxpaw
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted ☀ underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.