THOSE OCEAN EYES &. 3/14 meeting

there was a bit to talk about this meeting. it was more things that just needed to brushed up on. there wasn't a lot of things happening. only two cats had finally been ready to become warriors, but mostly... it was a lot of just changes. their ears flicked as they looked upwards towards the rock, sighing as they climbed up the rock that hung over their den.

"alright! shadowclan! gather under clanrock for a meeting!"

they twitched their nose back and forth taking in a deep breath before continuing.

"okay, I don't want to waste any time! let's start with some stuff we need to talk about before we get into the warrior ceremonies. for starters, siltcloud is dead. we do not need to get into the details, but know she is no longer a threat to us or our clan. and, furthermore, i do not want to see a single cat mistreating sycamorekit and marblekit for who their parents are. just as I do not want any of you to do so for starlingheart's own. we cannot pick our parents. but we can choose to be better than them."

their tail lashed as they thought of their own father with a snort.

"i see any of you mistreating any kit for their parents actions, you will be punished. understood? good. and speaking of family, apparently my father dearest had kits that he never told me about but told them about us. and this clan. rook and ripple are their names and there is two more of them out there according to ripple. I do not trust them but they are my family. ripple, you will be watched very closely by scorchfrost. rook, you will be put with me. I do not trust you. hate me if you want, but our bond by blood means nothing to me. I am giving you a chance simply because my mother would hate me if I didn't. don't screw it up."

with a twitch of their ears, they moved to look at a couple of apprentices.

alright. snowypaw, and onyxpaw. please step forward for a moment."

they beckon the two forward, twitching their ears as they looked directly at the two.

"snowypaw. i, and the rest of my council, have noticed that you've stayed more in the nursery, versus starting your training within the camp's clearing with your other fellow apprentices of the same age. I understand wanting to be close to your mothers but these are more kit like behaviors. I have given you the name snowypaw, because it is time for you to learn what it is to be a warrior. for this reason, you are getting a new mentor. fleabounce. I trust you can do what you must to train our young apprentice here into being a good warrior? if it doesn't work out, we will choose someone else. but this seems to be the best course of action for now. thistlesight, you are relieved of this duty."

they hum, moving their eyes to look at onyxpaw.

"onyxpaw. your mentor, avocetfall, cannot continue your training. he is slowing down and cannot keep up, and thus is retiring to the elder's den. avocetfall, you have been a staple on this clan for quite some time. enjoy your retirement. and from this day, until you are ready to become a warrior, scorchfrost shall be your mentor. scorchfrost, I have seen the way you act with apprentices. I know that if anyone can make a warrior out of onyxpaw, it's you. don't let me down."

their twitch their ears with a dip of their head before clearing their throat, and standing up straight to look at the entirety of their clan.

"before we go on to warrior ceremonies, i have a quick announcement. apparently, whatever punishment we have been threatening you with is not serious enough. you may think yourself strong, and that you have some point to prove but there is nothing to prove if you're dead. for this reason, no one is allowed to leave camp alone. I have said this over and over again, and because it's not quite clicking, a filthy rogue was able to murder one of our own. nettlepaw was caught off guard because there was no one with him. his mentor wasn't with him. apprentices, if you are out of camp without a warrior, you will be temporarily demoted to kit. you will stay in the apprentice den, and extra duties, but you will lose your apprentice name until i deem you fit enough to leave camp. you will even have to listen to your fellow apprentices when they tell you to do something."

chilledstar lashed their tail with eyes narrowed.

"mentors. if your apprentice is found outside of camp by themselves, then you will also be in trouble. the safety of your apprentice will always come first. theyre young. they look to you for guidance. lead by example. and other warriors, it is your duty to look out for our apprentices and fellow warriors. we are a clan. we are meant to look out for each other. to have each other's backs more than anyone ever will. the only way we can prevent heartbreak is to look out for one another. got it?"

they sighed.

"alright. if that's all, then... raggedpaw and orchidpaw. please step forward."

the leader gives a few moments for the two to step forward.

"your time has finally come for you to be warriors. your mentors have done all they can for you, and now its time to prove that they've done right by you and meant it when they said you are ready. orchidpaw. your mentor was my own apprentice. I have watched you grow from the skittish young kit who didn't even want to become an apprentice, to a kindhearted and capable molly. do you promise to protect this clan, even if it may cost your life? to give it your all to provide for shadowclan, so you may one day pass your skills onto an apprentice of your own? and raggedpaw. you've gone through a lot. but you're tough. and kind. and a damned good fighter. do you promise the same? to protect those weaker than you are within your clan, even if it may send you to starclan?"

they wait for answers.

"good. then from this day onward, orchidpaw... you will now be named orchidbloom. bloom showcases your gentle nature and what you've done to become who you are. you've bloomed. and between you and i, a little kudos to your mentor as one blooms within a forest. she shaped you into a great warrior. you will do shadowclan proud. and raggedpaw, you will not be named raggedbite. bite for your sharp skill in fighting, and the way you don't hold back speaking up for what you believe in. your mentor is proud of you and so am i. both of you. congratulations, raggedbite and orchidbloom."

they sighed with a nod of their head.

"the both of you will be headed to the gathering. but that's not all. smogmaw will once again be leading the charge to the gathering as i am not quite healed enough. leads, you may go as well. additionally, pipitclaw, maggotfur, scorchfrost, batchaser, and their apprentices all may go. applepaw and screechpaw you can go as well, so long as you behave. and remember, if you just turned six moon, you will finally be allowed outside of camp with your mentors or other warriors. remember what I've said about sneaking out. if that's everything, then, unless my council has anything to add, meeting dismissed."​

———————---***ALL OF MY FEELINGS ARE GONE***———————---

• alright!!! activity shout outs! @FERNDANCE, @fleabounce , @scorchfrost @snowypaw @lilacfur @BASILPAW @Gigglekit @SINGEPAW @Bonepaw. @BATCHASER @smogmaw @STARLINGHEART @Swanpaw @ONYXPAW @FORESTSHADE

!!! i am proud of all of you even if you did not get mentioned here ! if you feel i have missed anything for this meeting, please let me know !!

• black feline with a white marking across their face, a white chin, a white right front paw, and blue eyes. chilledstar is covered in scars, the most prominent ones being the one across their face, and the one across their neck.
    44 moons old; ages the 3rd every month
    they / them pronouns
    aromantic / homosexual ; currently not looking / looking
    child of JAGGED and RAVEN
    shadowclan ; loyal to shadowclan ; other info if applicable
    mildly difficult to befriend ; trusts barely anyone; trusts no one outside of shadowclan
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

Meetings. Starlingheart was never too busy to attend them and her snow-capped paws can be found seated among the rest of the clan, head tilted up slightly to regard their leader with a lone stare as he announces to the clan the various ceremonies, the reprimands, the list of cats who would be attending the gathering. She would go, of course. All those cats in the same place was never her favorite thing in the world, but she enjoyed catching up with the other medicine cats, liked seeing those she considered a friend in the other clans. Her son's death is mentioned and immediately, her ears find the back of her head and she looks away from the monochrome leader's perch to the ground. Siltcloud's death too, is announced and though the she-cat had aided in her former mate's treachery she still finds her heart aching for Marblekit and Sycamorekit. They were innocent in this, just two children who should not be charged with the crimes of their mother. She appreciates Chilledstar for re-affirming this fact.

When the ceremonies come about she looks to find Onyxpaw and Snowypaw in the crowd. She can sympathize with the latter for wanting more time in the nursery, what kit didn't and what mother could deny them? It was for the best, though, that she learn what it really means to be an apprentice of ShadowClan, to start acting like one. "Orchidpaw! Raggedbite!" she calls out with the rest of the clan in celebration for the newly named warriors.
EpC61GT.png

• PSgWDJV.jpeg

• 75214491_NhVBn1uSQsE4P99.png
    STARLINGHEART SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT; SHE / HER ; SISTER TO PITCHSTAR, CHITTERTONGUE, NIGHTSWARM, SKUNKTAIL, AND LILACFUR. MOTHER TO NETTLEPAW, FLINTPAW AND GHOSTPAW.
    A skinny she cat with short black and white fur littered with scars and one singular green eye.
    Easy in battle + has little to no formal battle training

Today was the day that Orchidpaw would get their warrior name. To say they were a nervous wreck was an understatement. Orchid had spent as much time as she could grooming her fur, trying to get her chest fur to stop sticking out... But, unfortunately, it is the only thing they were unable to tame.

She looks for Forestshade, trying to find the tortie within the crowd. Are you proud of me? Are you? Anticipation squeezes in her chest. She tries to find her fellow apprentice, Sweetpaw. Are you proud, too? You'll be next. And Sweetpaw would be a good warrior, Orchid knows that much.

Chilledstar begins, talking about how Forestshade was their apprentice first, and how Orchidpaw was Forestshades apprentice next and it feels all so overwhelming to her. Her face burns with embarrassment when Chilledstar mentions the fact that she had never wanted to become an apprentice in the first place... But the time has finally come. Do you promise to protect this clan, even if it may cost your life? To give it your all to provide for Shadowclan, so you may one day pass your skills onto an apprentice of your own? "I do." she forces herself not to stutter even though her voice wavers with thick emotion.

She waits with baited breath as blue eyes flit over to Raggedpaw. He has grown up besides her, stuck with her even when everything was bleak, protected her... A warmth grows in her chest as she thinks about it. Orchidpaw... you will now be named Orchidbloom. Chilledstar says they will do Shadowclan proud, and despite the anxiety that runs rampant in their veins, they want to believe them. Orchidpaw- Orchidbloom doesn't have much time to ponder this, because Raggedpaw gets his warrior name next. And Raggedpaw, you will now be named Raggedbite. In some odd way, she thinks it fits him. Its a cool name, really. And... they both get to go to the gathering together! Orchidbloom doesn't quite like gatherings much, but this is a time where she gets to be celebrated, where the new warriors get to be celebrated as well...

Cheers ring through the air, for them, for Raggedbite as the meeting comes to a close. Tears gather in their eyes. I'm finally a warrior, and to make matters even better, her name was a nudge to her former mentor... Her stomach twists in excitement, though her paws remain firmly planted on the ground; a smile slowly grows on their lips, ears swiveling forwards. Guess they better get to making a nest in the warriors den, now... Instead, Orchidbloom lets their voice rise to a crescendo, a cheer for her friend: "Raggedbite, Raggedbite!"

• 78638539_9sjaI0ymFZeQLie.png
    ❝ i smile because i want to, i smile because you want to. ❞
    orchidkit, orchidpaw, orchidbloom
    ❥ afab ,, she/they ,, 13 months
    ❥ warrior of shadowclan ,, formerly mentored by forestshade
    ❥ lanky yet fluffy cinnamon smoke she-cat with wide blue eyes
    ❥ "speech, d1afed" ,, thoughts
    ❥ bisexual ,, single
    ❥ smells like lilies and iris'

Last edited:
I WISH YOU COULD SEE THE WICKED TRUTH — Chilledstar's firm call from atop the Clanrock was, as always, enough to yank Onyxpaw's attention away from anything else, eyes of bright blue flicking up to where their leader stood. The news of Siltcloud's death was hardly the happiest occasion to start off with - although her no longer terrorizing any of them was certainly a plus - but it was important nonetheless. She felt similarly about the message regarding Sycamorekit and Marblekit, looking over towards the nursery with a slightly strained smile. The mottled chimera would never blame them for the circumstances of their birth, nor the crimes of their mother, but she knew she wasn't the only one that they would ever have to worry about. Far from it, in fact. Even so, she could still hope that they would have a relatively peaceful existence, even with only one mother to lead them along rather than two.

Chilledstar's siblings were the next subject to be addressed, and she couldn't help but wince at the cold grip of ice that stayed in Chilledstar's tone even as they talked about their own siblings. As an only survivor kit, she couldn't even begin to imagine what she would do about unknown siblings suddenly popping up into her life. It had to be hard - incredibly so - but she also tried to look at things from the point of view of both Rook and Ripple. Sympathy gleamed in her eyes as she looked towards both of them in the crowd, grateful that they were at least being allowed in. Even if it was under the careful supervision of trusted warriors. Better than being turned away without a single chance, right?

Her mind was wondering when suddenly their leader's voice cut through the air, calling out the names of both herself and Snowypaw. What... what's going on? Surely neither of them could be approaching to made warriors. They were still far too young, and Avocetfall hadn't even taken her out for an assessment. Yet the possibility of potentially being in trouble caused her stomach to swoop like an enraged eagle, dropping so suddenly that she thought she might be sick in front of everyone. It was only through sheer force of will that Onyxpaw forced herself forward on unsteady paws, looking up at Chilledstar like she might be facing an executioner. Only for the reality to be far less dramatic, her own mentor's name falling from Chilledstar's muzzle next.

Avocetfall was retiring.

She had certainly noticed him beginning to slow down as her training went on, but the actual possibility of him becoming an elder had still seemed so far off. So impossible and distant that it couldn't possibly interfere with her training - though maybe she just hadn't been willing to accept it. Reality had come crashing down on her, and now Onyxpaw found herself turning to look into Scorchfrost's eyes, hoping that he wouldn't be able to see the blazing panic flourishing in her own. It wasn't as if she expected him to be a horrid mentor, or anything like that. No, change was simply difficult for her to accept, especially a change in the middle of an apprenticeship she had already been struggling with. Yet still she forced herself forward once more, nose touching to Scorchfrost's. "Thank you for being my mentor... I hope I won't disappoint you." The sleek tortoiseshell was being painfully genuine, praying to Starclan that Scorchfrost wouldn't end up frustrated by her limited hunting prowess. At least she had her sparring skills going for her.

Her fur was finally allowed to settle as she took a step back from Scorchfrost, her attention turning back to Chilledstar as they continued on with the meeting. The stern warning that they issued was far from a surprise after all of the recent accidents, tears once again stinging her eyes as she thought of Nettlepaw's vigil and just how unfair all of it had felt. Hopefully the latest reiteration of everything would ensure that her fellow apprentices actually listened. Onyxpaw truly wasn't sure she could take more death or injury, especially when it came to her peers. Though it was likely some others would offer up their own protests, she remained silent and attentive.

The final announcements came in the form of both Orchidpaw and Raggedpaw being named warriors, an occasion which brought a genuine smile to her face once more. Their new names rang out through her mind, joined by the sound of her own voice being tossed aloud into the wind. "Orchidbloom! Raggedbite! Congratulations, you guys!" At least there were joyous occasions to be celebrated, news of the - supposedly - peaceful gathering joining in. It would be the first one she had gone to, a realization that struck her like a bolt of lightning as she looked towards Scorchfrost. Hopefully he wouldn't mind her following after his paws, practically hiding in his shadow.

• 75034637_eiCvVhxv9vQNT6l.png
    shorthaired tortoiseshell point and chocolate point chimera with blue eyes
    6 moons old; ages the 1st every month
    bisexual; crushing on yellowpaw
    daughter of monarchroot and sleetjaw
    shadowclan born; silently loyal to her home
    difficult to befriend; shy to most except yellowpaw
    "speech", thoughts, attacking
    peaceful powerplay allowed

THE GODS CAN KNEEL ⋆⁺₊⋆
Finally a blight had been removed from their shoulders with the official announcement of Siltcloud's death. He wished he could have been there to tear her apart, but oh well. Maybe he would get to rip apart the next traitor. Willowburn allowed himself to maintain a neutral expression as he listened to proceedings, mainly warnings for this and that. The warrior blinked slowly as he waited for the opportunity to descend into peer driven cheering, something he oddly enjoyed doing. And sure enough they had two new warriors to shout about! Oh joyous of days! "Orchidbloom! Raggedbite! Orchidbloom! Raggedbite!"
- ⋆ -

-

It's become typical for such good moments like warrior ceremonies to be overshadowed by the bad news. Mirepurr's heart twists uncomfortably, like it wants to just climb out of its place and never return - Siltcloud's death should be a relief, a certainty that the Clan has one less enemy pounding at its door, but it is a grim fact nevertheless. At least there is something positive that she left behind; Sycamorekit and Marblekit are in good paws, and with the right guidance, they'd grow to be great warriors.

Strange siblings popping out of nowhere and joining their ranks is a much more simple thing to bear. Mirepurr lets their head tip to the side in search of the unfamiliar pelts, wary but curious. If they're related to Chilledstar, they must be honorable.

Mirepurr shifts but remains sitting as the better part of the meeting crawls forward. New warriors. The lifeblood of a Clan. Their chest now burns with pride instead of pain, glancing approvingly at the pair.

"Raggedbite, Orchidbloom!"

''Raggedbite! Orchidbloom! Raggedbite! Orchidbloom!''

Alderblossom chanted the two new warriors' names along with her Clanmates, giving a whisk of her tail. It would seem rude not to, especially since the other four Clans already have bad impressions of ShadowClan. The dappled tortie-and-white warrior got to paws and held her tail high, once more calling out her Clanmates' names. ''Raggedbite! Orchidbloom!''

Lilacfur is sat with her back facing the nursery, but lingering only a tail's length away. Unfortunately for Shadepaw and Catterpillarpaw she would not be joining their company during this meeting but instead remaining in eyesight of her kits should they poke their heads out from the nursery. Though she stuck out like a sore paw at an odd distance, she remained stoic in the face of any odd glances made her way.

Chilledstar leapt into the grittiest bits of the meeting first. Siltcloud was dead, wherever her soul rest she hoped it was a quick end, for the mollys sake though Lilacfur knew she didn't deserve even that. She lifted her chin higher as they went on to mention Marblekit and Sycamorekit's place in the Clan. No different than any other kit, meant to be treated just the same as the others nestled into Needledrift's side.

Her tail lashed as they continued on about the protection of their apprentices. That it continued to need to be said at all at this rate irritated her to no end. On top of what lives this carelessness had cost it had also taken away her nephew, her sisters honey-hearted son. Stupidly simple. She thought as amber sights flitted to Shadepaw and Caterpillarpaw. Though the younger of the pair was still camp-bound she knew where her apprentice was at all times when she came home from patrols. She only hoped the warriors she entrusted to do the same actually accomplished that.

Raggedbite and Orchidbloom don their new warrior names and she join the chants with her Clan. Talks of the gathering wrapped up their meeting and Lilacfur politely dismissed herself with the rest of them, quickly retreating back to the nursery to visit her kin.
[ i need the clouds to cover me ]

Snowypaw lingers by the nursery just as Lilacfur does - it's no act of defiance, truthfully, just simply unwillingness. Having -paw attached to her name with a distant mentor has gifted her nothing in truth. Nothing, but more time with her baby siblings. It's something she would've been awarded regardless. Her ears focus on Chilledstar's announcements casually, wispy tail twitching behind her as she tries to entertain her little siblings. Towards the start of the meeting, her name is called, conjoined with that of another's. Oh boy...

She offers Lilacfur a brief glance, though her sibling's mentor seems stone cold, ready to defend her littles. Snowypaw can't blame the lead warrior, but she sort of hoped for some vague encouragement. Shadepaw must be having a blast with you, it is a snarky thought, truthfully, but it's mournfully followed by an even quieter, He's the lucky one. Bloodpaw has Smogmaw, too, and Bonepaw has Nightwhisper, and -

Oh? Chilledstar's noticed that she's not joined the apprentices. Her thoughts remain sour as she wonders what the point may be. They've gone from top of the food chain to rock bottom with no means to even catch something themselves, deemed 'unready' to explore the territory. Snowypaw's blue eyes widen slightly regardless as Fleabounce is dubbed her new mentor, leaving Thistlesight behind. What it is to be a warrior, they say. She still has a moon in camp, in her eyes, and then several more actually doing something. She presses her lips into a thin line, says nothing, and dips away back into the crowd as soon as she's dismissed. At least Fleabounce seems fun...

In truth as she returns to the nursery, she only half listens to the meeting. She catches enough to make sense of the new rules and warriors, but beyond that, she's deaf.​

Chilledstar 's call had become routine for the paw'. Unlike her first few nervous steps into camp's center the barbary feline could now casually stroll into the fray if gathering cats without much hesitation. Time had given her confidence and training the discipline necessary to tamper her more anxious roots. Albeit a small part of her still felt a strain in her chest anytime she had to pass by rows of eyes.

Locating a lonesome corner the blonde molly circled the patch of dry land and settled onto her haunches. Curling their wily bottlebrush tail comfortably around themselves. Intently she listened as the ebony and white leader prattled on and on. Their first motion of business rather important and Thornpaw could never see reason in mistreating kits. So she silently agreed with the sentiment. Their bi-colored hues flickered to the alleged kin of Shadowclan's leader. Then her bestfriends name-sharing underling is brought to the forefront of her conscious. It was true the small little ball of inky fur was well and ready to begin.

A cloud of sadness laid upon her as mention of lingering rulebreakers and deaths illicit a visible head shake from Thornpaw. She never understood her fellow apprentices insistence on traversing alone. The woods felt eerie enough and she much preferred her mentors side than to travel solo. Considering the reality of danger lurking at every border these days. At last a bit of good news colored the earlier depressing mood and dutifully she hollered aloud. "Orchidbloom! Raggedbite!" Keeping it brief she fell short well before the last few shouts faded.

Curious to know if her mentor had been selected for the gathering.her siblings name caused the youth to stiffen but the last name finally passed along and she relaxed a touch. Gatherings had always felt claustrophobic at best and she preferred to stay within the confines of home. Knowing that Chilledstar had nothing left to say she swiftly stood onto all fours and set off to finish earlier tasks.