too many sharks, not enough blood in the waves [border patrol/ open]

Jul 20, 2022

Untitled253-20220815165307.png

I WANT SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS

It wasn't often that Dusk took the initiative to do something on his own- not because he wasn't the sort to take charge and get things done, but moreso because he hadn't been sure of what he was and wasn't allowed to do. Soottar had told him he was less than her Windclan cats until he proved himself worthy of being more, and for Dusk, who already had zero experience in anything like this, it hadn't exactly helped with letting him know what he was and wasn't supposed to be doing. So he'd kind of just been going with the flow, picking up work as he was directed to and trying to keep himself busy.

A few weeks had passed sine he'd joined though, and with it had come a bit of understanding for the place and his new role in it. While he lacked the power to have any true say or be trusted, he knew now that work was something he was allowed to do freely, without haing to wait for the approval of someone like Sootstar or Hyacinth. And so, when his paws had grown restless and began to itch for work, he'd quickly finished off his vole and then got to his feet.

"I'm gonna patrol along the Riverclan border if anyone wants to come." he called, his announcement ringing through camp in invitation to anyone who might have wanted to come along. Now that there was tension between Riverclan and Windclan it would probably be important to make sure that border stayed watched, and since nobody had been out that way yet he figured it couldn't hurt to swing by and make sure things were still calm.

windclan warrior - male - 17 months - homosexual - polyamorous - single - tall, strong bengal tomcat

Last edited:

dey3ui7-b960f9d3-2e74-46e9-938b-2a199a9500e0.png

The RiverClan border? Count Sootstar out, she wasn't in the mood to defend her honor against children today... Seemed Dusk and whoever else volunteered was up for the task though.

"Good luck with them, I pray to StarClan you are all lucky enough not to bump into a patrol." She huffs with a lash of her tail, "Report whatever happens back to me when you return. I'd like to know if Cicadastar has put his paw down."

Leech had no intention to tag along at first not exactly caring about the fish-faces or deal with thier bickering. But since Sootstar was being present he changed his mind quickly about the matter. If there was any cats opinion that mattered at all to him it most be hers. It was not for the reasons you might think though. This was not about a young tom wishing to impress thier leader. No. It went far deeper then that. A replacement perhaps most be the right way to put it. A young tom who wanted to prove something to another cat who wasn't even here so...seeked that out from somebody else instead. " I will come." He joined Dusk without looking at their leader. At least he could tell apart how a rogue and a clan cat smelled which was to say something in compare to a certain other cat...He wouldn't mess up like they had done.

A sauntering spectre of snow-stained stature, Mallow was soon upon the group, grey eyes darting from Sootstar to Leech to Dusk- and upon the latter did they unblinkingly settle. Large haunches lowered themselves to a seat, and the tom's perpetual smile failed not to fade as he stared at the patrol-leader, interest a slate, flickering light in his expression. The RiverClan border- he'd heard of them from the leader's huffed words when she had returned the last time, but not a single patch of pelt had he seen.

Though it seemed improbable, his smile grew wider at the thought of meeting them.

"Oooh, count me in!" he chimed, half-tail twitching excitedly. The rest of his frame stayed stock-still, frozen by his need for 'friendly' eye-contact. If he kept his huge grin, Dusk was bound to allow him to come along- he'd had plenty of practice keeping that grin. In all the life he could remember, he had never let it falter.
[ PENNED BY PIN ]

Last edited:
ezgif-com-gif-maker-11.jpg
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

The mention of the Riverclan border was also quick to garner Colds interest as well. the young tom had been there with Sootstar and Weasel when theyd gone to apologize to Cicada, and not only was he curious to see how a potential run-in with a patrol ended, he figured it would also be beneficial to have someone present who knew what to expect. The Riverclan cats could be pricky and standoffish, and he wouldn't put it past them to try something sneaky if their patrol ran into them.

"I'll come too." the stormy-coated tom called as he made his way over, casting a quick side-glance to Mallow and doing his best not to frown. That guy was weird, and Cold didn't trust him any farther than he could throw him.

windclan apprentice - male - 8 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

dbk3fn0-1dd883ac-b75e-4c8c-9aee-5f7bbdfc4056.png

Hyacinth wasn't particularly happy about going on patrols with a group of cats, but she knew it was necessary. She didn't like crowds, let alone ones that gathered in a small area. Perhaps that's why she avoided going to the first gathering; too many cats, too many enemies. She needed to protect Lavender, her very future. The call of her apprentice, his volunteering to patrol- is what convinced her to walk over herself. She glared at Dusk momentarily, reading his face before she turned back to Cold.

"You sure you want to? We could get attacked by RiverClan." She remarks simply, face neutral.

ezgif-com-gif-maker-11.jpg
THE HIGHER I GET, THE LOWER I SINK
I CAN'T DROWN MY DEMONS, THEY KNOW HOW TO SWIM

His gaze would find that of Hyacinths as she joined them, her words prompting a huff that was just as much annoyance as it was amusement. "Of course I'm sure." he replied, tail twitching behind him. "If Riverclans stupid enough to attack us then we'll just send them off like Weasel did with their Leader." came his explenation, and maybe it was a cocky thing to say, but was he wrong? Riverclans cats had been horridly disorganized and quick to jump the gun, and against the unified Windclanners Cold liked their odds. "Besides, I'm hardly afraid of earning a few scars to defend Windclans honor- if it even comes down to that." Because there was a very possible chance that things could go perfectly fine. They might not find a patrol at all, and if they did it might be of cats whose heads were on straight.

windclan apprentice - male - 8 months - a large, dark grey tabby with yellow eyes

Untitled253-20220815165307.png

I WANT SOMETHING JUST LIKE THIS

Unsurprsingly, Soot was the first to approach him. She didn't seem keen on joining, but she was usually diligent toward who was doing what and so her presence didn't unnerve him when he caught sight of her smokey figure stalking toward him. A report? Dusk would nod in understanding, making a mental not to pay proper attention while he was out that way. He'd planned to anyways, but if Soot wanted a play-by-play when he got back then he'd have to make sure he didn't forget anything.

"Got it. If something goes wrong I'll send one of the younger cats back for reinforcements. It should be fine though." he replied. Ultimately Cicadastar had accepted the apology, or so Dusk had been told, so chances are the worst case scenario would be soem mouthy cats that wanted to taunt or take stabs at their pride. During which case, Sootstar had already told them what to do.

Turning back to the patrol of cats that had gathered, he counted three adults and two younger cats, which was a good enough group for a simple border patrol. Leech was among them, and he offered the younger black tom a nod of greeting before his gaze met with Mallows.

The white tomcat was not someone Dusk hd spent a lot of time around or spoken to a lot... or at all. The large bengal tom had been to preoccupied with not fucking up to really socialize with anyone, and even when he did have time to do things like sit around and talk, it's not like he was good at it. He could barely manage a passable conversation with a normal cat, and Mallow, well, the guy was weird. Not unlikeable- Dusk didn't know him well enough to pass that judgement on that- but for a tom who had a hard enough time reading body language and social cues, trying to figure out Mallow was a bit of a nightmare.

But that tom was staring at hime wide-eyed with that impossibly wide grin, and it took Dusk a moment to figure out that they were waiting for confirmation.

"Oh! Um, yeah, that'd be great. Thanks." he replied, offering the black-footed tomcat a smile in return, and while it wasn't anywhere near as toothy or intense, it probably held a similar stiffness to it simple because it wasn't a gesture he was used to making. Interaction supposedly complete, Dusk would allow his green eyes to shift tot he rest of the group. "If everyones ready we can head out." he said, turning toward the entrance.

ooc- so I've got a couple people over in riverclan who are going to have their cats meet ours. no clue what the interaction will be like, but Ill post the link to the thread here once it's up :D

windclan warrior - male - 17 months - homosexual - polyamorous - single - tall, strong bengal tomcat