pafp touchy subject - altercation

BRONZESHINE

RIVERCLAN WARRIOR
Feb 15, 2024
♡​ why you so obsessed with me ♡​

bronzeshine & 27 moons & female & she/her & riverclan warrior

Everything happening in RiverClan lately had Bronzeshine on edge. More so than usual. She sat in the quietest place she could find at the time. A shaded corner, presumably a nice place to rest. She had presumed incorrectly, she supposed, because shortly after arriving in said shaded spot, Snowkit decided it was their mission to pester her. The kitten's energy was crawling under her skin like some kind of infection. Chattering and asking questions and Great StarClan, make it stop.

She answered the questions through gritted teeth, hoping desperately this nuisance would get the hint. On a rather sour bright side, she noted that it was simply more confirmation that she should not be a mother. At least not any time soon. Children were... too much. The boiling under her fur was evidence enough. Her tail lashed through the dust behind her.

"Good grief, get away from me, you rat," Bronzeshine finally spat, a paw lashing out on instinct, moving to shove Snowkit away.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: Please wait for @LAKEMOON and @snowkit

• sassy | flirty | proud | vain | irascible
    cis/het
    ages on the 15th

physically moderate && mentally moderate
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please tag account if attacking

dcaqpix-339a15bf-a734-4d86-b7bf-2c6b0ecd4f51.gif
.·:*¨༺ ☾ ༻¨*:·. As her kits grew older, Lakemoon had been trying to take a step back, the need for an ever-looming shadow over them was waning by the day. Independence was important, she knew, the time she had spent learning how to parent with Iciclefang- a first time parent herself- leading the unexplored way had, at the very least, taught Lakemoon that with raising children came many fine lines to balance. Many.
So, while the space outside the nursery had become a less frequent place to see the warrior, her kits would never stray too far from a navy-hued gaze, when she was in camp that is. Unfortunately for Bronzeshine, today was one of Lakemoon’s less busy days. Narrow optics had only been half-paying attention to Snowkit pestering the warrior, a spare glance in their direction here and there from where she had settled behind the duo.
Get away from me, you rat. As a forepaw moves to shove her daughter, Lakemoon is rising to her paws. The gap between her and the other is not too wide, and her arrival is swift, silent.
Could Lakemoon blame Bronzeshine for her irritation? No, kits were a pawful, bouncing around with endless energy, but the silvery warrior wouldn’t let any warrior place their paws on her child, either.
Her presence is looming, a shadow that would swallow the other whole concealed under pre-existing shade. A forepaw would hover in the air for a moment, before finding a carefully chosen spot along the warriors tail, aiming to make contact heel-first before the rest of her paw would follow in suite, intending to only apply light pressure, a warning that the other had been caught. “I think you could rephrase that.” Her voice is cool, velvet pitch level.

• LAKEMOON she/her, warrior of riverclan, 27 moons.
    lanky blue tabby with low white and navy blue eyes and a slightly twisted right hind leg. A large facial scar stretches from her right brow to her left cheek, and another crosses at her chest and stretches down the length of her stomach.
    daughter of Tempestmoon && Lilypad ࿏ sister to Wolfwind ࿏ mate to Lilybloom & mother to Snowkit, Graykit
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by Noor@toyangel on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

• Nervous
Reactions: BRONZESHINE
-`♡´- "-and then the huuuge snail shell tipped over and Graykit jumped out of it and he was like 'Why didn't you get me out of the shell?' and then I was like 'How was I supposed to know you were in there if you didn't say anything?' and then I don't remember the rest of the dream.. But do you think it means anything? Iciclefang said that dreams are just dreams unless you're a medicine cat cause you know how they get Starclan dreams sometimes? But I wonder how they know whether a dream's a regular dream or a Starclan dream.. I guess I should ask Moonbeam 'cause it's not like you'd know- HEY!!"

Snowkit dodges the swiping paw of the warrior she was pestering with a nimble half-twirl, offended at Bronzeshine's sudden outburst for a second or two before grinning to himself, "You almost got me, but I was too fast, huh?" Surely she wasn't expecting a kitten of his age to have such an impressive reaction time, it was a cool moment even if it came out of irritating a warrior into an outburst. Lakemoon arrives like the shadow of a bird of prey, swift and silent and very scary in the face, and at the sight of her Snowkit rearranges her face into some version of maturity (leaning more toward kittenish-haughtiness).

"It's rude to say I'm a rat," Snowkit nodded determinedly, appearing quite unscathed by the attempted insult. In fact, she appeared quite pleased with herself to have gotten himself into a situation that Lakemoon felt the need to step into. She puffed up proudly and sauntered over to the silver molly's side as she coolly defended Snowkit's honor.

"That's my mom, by the way! If you didn't know." Snowkit still wasn't quite sure how well-acquainted warriors were with each other. They shared a den like he did with the kittens and queens ... Were the warriors all friends and cousins like they were? It seemed to her like her mom and Bronzeshine weren't exactly friends though...

• OOC:
  • u4cshb.png
  • snowkit, kitten of riverclan!
    — he/him & she/her. OK w gendered terms! 3 moons old!
    lilybloom x lakemoon. graykit's littermate !
    — a fluffy blue tortie w white & warm brown eyes
    — a happy, boisterous kitten with a big imagination
    "speech", thoughts, attack
    — fullbody by jay , pfp by lovette, funnyguy by pin
    — penned by eezy

Catfishleap had been soaking in the sun, warming her silver pelt until it felt like golden sun itself. She missed this, Leafbare was probably her least favorite season. It was unforgiving, cold, hostile and made every cat just a bit more bitter. She understood, just like every other cat there had been days when you had to go to bed with aching in your stomach and just enough warmth that you didn't freeze to death. So when everything started to thaw she assumed it thawed out the other cats as well.

Her sunbathing was interrupted by rather cold words. Some name calling and then from half opened eyes she saw a shove try to move a little fluffball. Her eyes were fully open by the time Lakemoon glided over to Bronzeshine's side. Catfishleap stretched her warmed limbs out and then made her way to the edge of the agitation. She took particular note of Snowkit and the fact that he probably didn't need to be stoking a fire he started. Both Lakemoon and Bronzeshine seemed to be ready to tackle things head on, hopefully just with their words. But, if it came to blows that would be a Lichenstar issue, they were both adults. But, Snowkit was not going to help anything.

"Lakemoon, would you be okay if I took Snowkit to go look at something?" she didn't quite know where she would herd the kitten to, her first thought had been to bug the medicine cats, but had to remind herself that Ravensong was no longer there, and she wasn't quite bold enough to intrude on Moonbeam like that. So maybe just take her down to some reeds and play prey for the kitten.

"speech"

Bronzeshine is a prickly warrior—her briarlike disposition is well-known throughout RiverClan, and perhaps even to some of their neighboring rivals. But Iciclefang's pale blue eyes narrow into mirror-shards against her cheekbones when the warrior spits vitriol toward her niece. Little Snowkit is batted away from Bronzeshine's perimeter, and though the attempted touch had not been violent, it's enough to send Iciclefang's pelt rippling along the curve of her spine. She is quick to slither onto her paws, and is grateful when Lakemoon, the kit's mother, appears like mist before a storm, blue eyes burning into the warrior who'd batted her child away.

Snowkit is proud of himself for dodging Bronzeshine's ill-placed swat, and Lakemoon's voice is cool as leafbare-chilled water pouring over the falls, but Iciclefang is not placated. She shows the offending warrior a gleam of fang and pushes herself close to her, almost into her face. "The next time you raise a paw to a kit I look after will be the last time you have two paws to swat at things! Am I perfectly clear?" Her tail lashes once behind her, maternal instinct rearing up like a tigress on hindlegs.

• ooc:
  • DEuJTnr.jpg
  • Iciclekit . Iciclepaw . Iciclefang, she/her w/ feminine terms.
    — “speech”, thoughts, attack
    — 24 moons old, ages realistically on the 17th.
    — mentored by Smokestar ; mentoring Cicadapaw ; previously mentored n/a
    — riverclan lead warrior & queen. mudpelt x icesparkle, gen 2.
    — former mate to Stormywing ; current mate to no one.
    — penned by Marquette.

sh tortoiseshell and white she-cat with ice-blue eyes. confident, capable, proud, dry, conceited, condescending, distrustful.

Claythorn wasn't a mother. She knew that- she doubted she'd ever become one at this rate. Otterbite was in the back of her mind at this thought, mismatched golden eyes off cast as she laid a piece of prey down. Why was she even thinking about that? A soft sigh left her, and her head turned, locking her vision towards a kit shunned, spat at. Her fur was already standing on end by the time that Lakemoon found placement of paw.

Two others approached, one asking quietly to take the kit elsewhere, and Iciclefang in the face of the one that pushed the kit. She stepped closer, akin to a wraith. Disdain found her features as her chin lifted, ears pinned backwards as anger threatened to swallow her cold demeanor. Words had already been spat out- Claythorn did not need to add to them, but the slow pull of her lips backwards, teeth bared, a threat posed to the warrior who would call any kit a rat- made it clear who's side she stood on here.

The younger warrior did not allow the thought of her own kithood permeate here- she was stronger then that now, but she would not allow a kit to repeat any kind of torture she had endured on her own. Being called a rat was one of them. "I think the council would be very interested in hearing about this behavior towards a kit." Claythorn finally spoke, eyes narrowing.
  • "speech"
  • CLAYTHORN she/her, warrior of riverclan, eleven moons.
    LH chocolate torbie with mismatched golden eyes, scars across her right cheek and over her left ear. cold exterior and threatening glares, built for stamina/battle and not swimming (tall/muscled)
    mentored by darkbranch (npc) / / mentoring no one
    no current love interest / / only child
    peaceful and healing powerplay permitted / / underline and tag when attacking
    penned by dallas ↛ dallasofnines on discord, feel free to dm for plots.

♡​ why you so obsessed with me ♡​

bronzeshine & 27 moons & female & she/her & riverclan warrior

Lankemoon's paw on her tail made her curse silently. She gritted her teeth before turning electric green eyes toward the mother. Truly, Bronzeshine hadn't meant to be so aggressive. She wasn't trying to be mean, and her gut reactions were something she was trying to work on. She'd really been trying lately, but with cats going missing, who could really blame her for getting fed up? Snowkit's interjection caused another irritated ear flick. She started to stand, moving to speak when Iciclefang suddenly was in her face.

Literally cornered, half standing, spine bristling, probably not the best place to be. She growled out a sharp sound, no words within it. Eyes flicking around, she'd somehow created a crowd. Exactly what she was trying to avoid in the first place. The feeling in her chest was not unfamiliar, but boy was it unwelcome. How could she possibly have escalated this to this point so quickly? She was going to apologize, really, she was, but she settled on biting her tongue instead. Any words she spoke would probably be with vitriol, and adding fuel to the fire wasn't exactly the plan. She instead shoved past Iciclefang, sending Claythorn a brutal glance. She had to get out of there. Go... somewhere.

Her copper pelt was burning both in appearance and with the heat of her emotions. Bronzeshine certainly fit her name, to an extent. She forced her way out of camp as quickly as she could, hopefully without drawing even more of a crowd. Her paws led her to the river, as they usually did. The water was calming. Hopefully.

• Actions && "Speech," && ' Thoughts/Quotes '

ooc: @iciclefang

• sassy | flirty | proud | vain | irascible
    cis/het
    ages on the 15th

physically moderate && mentally moderate
    non-violent powerplay allowed && healing powerplay allowed && minor injury powerplay allowed
    please tag account if attacking

• Angry
Reactions: iciclefang