sensitive topics wedding bells were just alarms // open

Nov 22, 2022
MY BODY'S COVERED IN TEETH MARKS
YOUR BITES WORSE THAN YOUR BARK
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
marmotbite & 17 moons & demigirl & she/they/it & windclan tunneler
58151726_7L1So6uqoEcSjP7.png
They're on fire. Of all the things marmotbite has born witness too, this certainly exceeds her expectations - a hysterical ort of sound bubbling up in her throat as she takes in the sight of the flames and the scent of smoke. Honestly, she doesn't know how the others are being so - so calm about this. Pelt bristles, twitch-twitch-twitching as anxiety courses through her, and yet she keeps paw steps steady despite each shaking breath she takes - trailing along after her mate as they pad along. It's just a simple patrol - to check to damage, to see how close the danger creeps t their camp, to maybe catch some poor pitiful creature fleeing the flames - or at least, it's supposed to be. Because it's not the sound of rabbits running or voles shrieking that meets tattered ears, no. It's a cat she hears scream.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
T H E R E S A D O G I N Y O U R H E A R T
// TW: death, fire, possibly injuries associated with the aforementioned
@Azaleafrost

Fire is all consuming. Azaleafrost witnesses this firsthand as the moors are consumed by a burning wall. She wishes she could maintain a stoic expression through this, but she can't suppress the worry and fear that seeps into her being. If they had to run, where would they go? They were trapped against the gorge. Would jumping into it be a kinder death than burning?

She flattens her ears and furrows her brow. She can't think that way. They will survive. They have to. If Windclan dies now, then their usurping of Sootstar was for nothing. To triumph only to die so soon afterwards...

She stays close to Marmotbite. Of all the cats Azaleafrost couldn't bear to lose, Marmotbite was at the top of the list. Even as smoke and ash sting her eyes, she makes sure to stay glued to her side.

The roaring of the flames are loud, but a blood chilling screech pierces it like claws through flesh. The sound of being burned alive. She forces herself to move forward. It could be a clanmate, after all. She looks back to see if Marmotbite follows.

As the two follow the scream, Azaleafrost freezes in her tracks as she sees a mother weakly pushing two kittens from the fire that consumed her. Two little bundles of fur who's eyes have only just opened....

"We have to help-" The words fall out of her mouth. "They'll die if we leave them!" Frantic desperation consumes her, and she finds herself rushing towards the fire to rescue kittens of unknown origin. Azaleafrost is many things. Cold, cruel, spiteful and violent, but she isn't heartless. And her heart is what pushes her closer to the burning wall, towards the possibility of death, to make sure these kits mother did not die in vain.​

MY BODY'S COVERED IN TEETH MARKS
YOUR BITES WORSE THAN YOUR BARK
marmotbite & 17 moons & demigirl & she/they/it & windclan tunneler
58151726_7L1So6uqoEcSjP7.png
For a moment, the tiny she-cat sands frozen in horror, mismatched eyes staring unblinkingly at the blue-tabby that is swallowed whole by the flames. Azaleafrost says something - not that the girl hears, not through her overwhelming terror. And then suddenly she is alone - her mate diving through the flames like she's suddenly grown bee's for brains. " Azaleafrost don'-! " her words come too little to late, and she feels the overwhelming tide of anger crash down upon her senses. " Damnit, "

Why? Why would she risk her life for someone else? Kits or not... stars, they aren't even windclan kits. By the time paws begin to work again and she rushes to her mates side, theres no time to stop her. Instead, she can only growl lowly, teeth grit as she snatched up one of the bundles the moor runner seems so reluctant to leave behind. Already, she can tase ash on her tongue, can feel as whiskers begun to curl under the heat and the edges of her fluffy pelt smokes. Her gaze burns as she stares at her mate, anger nearly as white-hot as the flames themselves, before she darts away - angry, but unwilling to abandon her to share the same fate as the stranger.

The moment they are free - safe, her mind supplies - she whirls around. The kitten is discarded at her paws, an after thought. " Wha' we're ya thinking! You- you coulda died! " she snaps, worry and anguish filling her drawl as she stares pleadingly at the taller she-cat. She doesn't - she doesn't understand. Were two kittens really worth such a risk? They could've died.

actions & " speech, " & 'thoughts/quotes'
T H E R E S A D O G I N Y O U R H E A R T

She froze, only for a second, as her eyes met those of the tabby lost to the fire. A face contorted in fear, agony, and sorrow, eyes staring forward wide and desperate. Horror washes over Azaleafrost as she forces herself to pick up a kitten and run away, thankful that Marmotbite had come to help yet terrified that she had at the same time. Her pelt is singed and and her eyes are stinging from the smoke and ash but she doesn't look back as she and Marmotbite run from the fire.

Once they come to a stop, she sets the kitten down and almost flinches at Marmotbite's anger. She lowers her ears in defeat and takes a moment to catch her breath.

"...I couldn't leave them to die." She says quietly. "The thought of hearing kittens scream like their mother had....To see kittens die in such a horrible way.... I couldn't let it happen." She continued.

Perhaps it was her heart, or perhaps it was because she too was left at the mercy of the environment as a helpless kitten, her mother flat on the thunderpath while she lay beside her. She was shown mercy that day... And now, she has done the same for two kittens who she hopes will have no memory of what just happened.

"I understand why you're mad.... I know it was dangerous and stupid... But we both made it out okay...And I've done what was done for me when I was a kit."

She hopes Marmotbite understands. Her heart hurts and feels frantic, tormented by the idea that Marmotbite might leave her over this.​